probably stop playing if anime chapters come before iconic horrors...

i play this game because of the horror/slasher vibe, i love how we have myers, bubba, freddy etc. but honestly will be hugely disappointed if we get an anime over Alien, pinhead, jason, candyman or any type of werewolf or vampire... i already dislike all the comedic outfits and how lack luster the horror theme gets because rushing gens becomes easy. when i play survivor i want to see those iconic characters, its a huge selling point of this game and is the huge reason i still play for 3+years

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Still better an anime character than demodoggo.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    After the "NO FNAF!", we now have "NO ANIME!". When will the random hate for stuff you don't like stop?!? XD

    Ngl...there's some anime characters that would be pretty ######### dope.

    and there's no need to go into horror manga/anime to find it.

    remember how creepy imperfect cell was in dbz? Alucard from hellsing could be a really cool killer, if we figure out the gun thing...XD

    I was gonna suggest the promised neverland... but they are all kids. :/ shame...lewis would be so happy to hunt humans.

    and if we actually go horror... well... there's some good stuff around.

    but we can go all meme aswell. Gimme Jojo up this #########! Gonna chase survivors as DIO, throw knifes and scream MUDA MUDA!!! 🤣

    If I saw imperfect cell in here, I would just call up Android 16 to come body him again

  • Anime is absolutely huge in terms of popularity, much bigger than some horror stuff out there (Horror is way way more niche than you may think) and you can't always get a license necessary to add something like Alien, Predator, Jason Vorhees, etc.

    There is plenty of anime/manga stuff that features body horror, monsters, psychological trauma, etc. You have a very narrow view on what's available if you can't think of any horror anime/manga.

    I'd suggest looking up some Itou Junji at the very least as a very prolific horror manga artist. Or look up the classic Gantz.

    Nobody's suggesting they add Naruto or some uguu waifu and you're silly to think so

  • Personally think an Anime/Manga inspired chapter could be tons scarier than any of the current killers honestly. Have you ever seen some Junji Ito stuff? Won't sleep for a week after seeing one of his monsters come up behind ya.

  • @HarleyQuinn said:

    How would anime fit in DBD? 🧐 It’s a totally different style so it confuses me how that would look. And I feel like adding anime would just change overall feel of the game. I hope that never happens.

    Oof, you should probably keep up to date with news before blurting out your mouth... They literally pushed a survey asking if we'd like to see anime characters in game. That's how it fits with his question at least and that's why they asked.

  • @SilentChill said:

    Yuno Gasai

    I'm in love with this idea

  • @BeardedMenace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418722#Comment_1418722

    Oof, you should probably keep up to date with news before blurting out your mouth... They literally pushed a survey asking if we'd like to see anime characters in game. That's how it fits with his question at least and that's why they asked.

    Well Sherlock, you should maybe read the rest of the comments first before deciding to respond like an ass.

    I already took the survey. I know why the topic was brought up. That was not my question. I was wondering HOW it would f it in considering the different styles. Ex: would they make it look more realistic?

  • @HarleyQuinn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419233#Comment_1419233

    Well Sherlock, you should maybe read the rest of the comments first before deciding to respond like an ass.

    I already took the survey. I know why the topic was brought up. That was not my question. I was wondering HOW it would f it in considering the different styles. Ex: would they make it look more realistic?

    I was only messing with you 😂 But go on... 👀

  • @HarleyQuinn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419233#Comment_1419233

    Well Sherlock, you should maybe read the rest of the comments first before deciding to respond like an ass.

    I already took the survey. I know why the topic was brought up. That was not my question. I was wondering HOW it would f it in considering the different styles. Ex: would they make it look more realistic?

    Probably wasn't for you. But was a obvious joke for me, because not everyone even sees everything behavior posts. But yeah. Keep sweating up over a comment.

  • It would be interesting to have "Death Note" as a chapter. L as a survivor and Light Yagami and Ryuk as the Killer.

  • @BeardedMenace said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419243#Comment_1419243

    Probably wasn't for you. But was a obvious joke for me, because not everyone even sees everything behavior posts. But yeah. Keep sweating up over a comment.

    Lmao ######### chill out dude. You jumped the gun too quickly and it didn’t translate well.

  • @Siberia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419256#Comment_1419256

    Lmao ######### chill out dude. You jumped the gun too quickly and it didn’t translate well.

    I'm completely chill though lol!

  • Thought it was kind of weird too how they included "anime" as an option in the survey for that question.

  • @OldWiseOne said:

    i play this game because of the horror/slasher vibe, i love how we have myers, bubba, freddy etc. but honestly will be hugely disappointed if we get an anime over Alien, pinhead, jason, candyman or any type of werewolf or vampire... i already dislike all the comedic outfits and how lack luster the horror theme gets because rushing gens becomes easy. when i play survivor i want to see those iconic characters, its a huge selling point of this game and is the huge reason i still play for 3+years

    The only anime that realistically fits DBDs theme for a paragraph, would be Imperfect Cell from DBZ. Hes sort of creepy, and along with his introduction and incredibly high body count, not to mention his nails on a chalkboard voice.

  • @SilentChill said:

    Yuno Gasai

    "The Yandere" chapter.

  • I’m not reading any comments but the first, just wanna point out that anime has many killers who could very easily fit into this game. Your gunna ignore what could possibly a fun killer to play with an interesting power because...you don’t like the source? I’m sorry, I’ve seen more gruesome and scary ideas come from anime then I ever had from every day movies. I might be too scared to play this game if they added anime killers, luckily we just have er... clowns, big guys with chainsaws, a lil girl in a pig mask, and a limping old man.

    Yeah your right, anime is to silly~

  • I love anime, or rather I was a big fan of the 90s and early 00s stuff. My current Steam picture is Sailor Moon saying she doesn't know how to use a computer.

    It just in no ways fits DBD. Anime, even the gorey stuff, has some pretty vibes. DBD goes for nitty gritty dirty realism? Sort of? It's just not the same, man. The aesthetics are way off.

  • One day it's Anime, the next day it's Foxy from FnaF...


    Seriously ######### is going in with this game. Do we actually even need anymore killers? Is anyone asking this question?

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/169271/probably-stop-playing-if-anime-chapters-come-before-iconic-horrors

    The only anime that realistically fits DBDs theme for a paragraph, would be Imperfect Cell from DBZ. Hes sort of creepy, and along with his introduction and incredibly high body count, not to mention his nails on a chalkboard voice.

    so what you're saying...is that you don't watch a lot of anime.

  • Do we not have multiple anise characters already? Oni, Spirit, Feng etc?

  • @Deathslinger said:

    I’m not reading any comments but the first, just wanna point out that anime has many killers who could very easily fit into this game. Your gunna ignore what could possibly a fun killer to play with an interesting power because...you don’t like the source? I’m sorry, I’ve seen more gruesome and scary ideas come from anime then I ever had from every day movies. I might be too scared to play this game if they added anime killers, luckily we just have er... clowns, big guys with chainsaws, a lil girl in a pig mask, and a limping old man.

    Yeah your right, anime is to silly~

    Cringe.

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1419401#Comment_1419401

    so what you're saying...is that you don't watch a lot of anime.

    Oh absolutely. I used to watch DBZ on VHS with my dad when I was little, and to this day, Dragon Ball is the only anime I can sit through.

  • @HarleyQuinn said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1418741#Comment_1418741

    There’s enough anime games out there & they can always make more. Bringing anime into a horror game that features iconic slashers would just be weird as hell. Imagine Michael Myers chasing after friggin Naruto or some sh*t lmao. It’s an exaggeration but no thanks.

    Lmao just thinking about it, it really is stupid. Imagine Trapper chasing down Lisop from one piece. Soooo stupid.

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    I love anime, or rather I was a big fan of the 90s and early 00s stuff. My current Steam picture is Sailor Moon saying she doesn't know how to use a computer.

    It just in no ways fits DBD. Anime, even the gorey stuff, has some pretty vibes. DBD goes for nitty gritty dirty realism? Sort of? It's just not the same, man. The aesthetics are way off.

    People want to crash Sandcastles right now because of Coronavirus... Where were all these ridiculous suggestions in the last 2 years? I attribute alot of it to boredom and this games age...

  • I'm assuming the anime/manga option was in reference to horror, such as Junji Ito's stuff. If you look past all the, uh, questionable stuff in anime and manga, there's actually some really good horror themed works out there. Obviously they wouldn't implement it literally in anime style, they'll do their own creative spin on it. While I'm not actively advocating for anime/manga IPs to be added, their own creative takes on Japanese horror could be VERY interesting if done right.

  • Yeah, that's the main problem with anime as even a concept in DBD: People associate the stuff geared towards kids/teens (like Naruto) even with the more mature stuff (Vampire Hunter D or Ghost in the Shell.) Because anime was originally intended, and still mostly is, aimed towards youth. You can't say that about slashers, even if the people who gravitate towards it the most is teenagers. It's like smoking, 90% started liking it before they were 20, lol. Yet its made with the intention for adults. You can't say that about most anime.

  • Now I need Ryuk/Light as killer. He could be a survivor and "take notes" on them and decide how and who to kill w Ryuk.


    You've done this to yourself.


    You just Barbara Streissan-ed this.

  • @OldWiseOne said:

    i play this game because of the horror/slasher vibe, i love how we have myers, bubba, freddy etc. but honestly will be hugely disappointed if we get an anime over Alien, pinhead, jason, candyman or any type of werewolf or vampire... i already dislike all the comedic outfits and how lack luster the horror theme gets because rushing gens becomes easy. when i play survivor i want to see those iconic characters, its a huge selling point of this game and is the huge reason i still play for 3+years

    Well if that's the case, just don't vote for it.

  • Lol anime was originally intended for adults, not kids. Just like american cartoons were intended for adults, not children.

    Also, how silly must you be to think that bhvr would implement a waifu style model into the game? No they would recreate it in the games style. Just like they've done for every liscensed character so far. 'Anime' is a genre of stories and characters that are widely popular and could/would appeal people that might not be as interested in another 80s villain.

    Dont get me wrong, I want a chucky doll killer but I also would adore something from Gantz (which actually has a kinda similiar plot as dbd) or one of the girls from When they Cry. Or the Petshop of horrors owner. Or something from corpse party or boogiepop phantom.

    Just because something is in a differnt art style you shouldnt automatically dismiss it; there are tons of horror and disturbing anime stories out there.

    Ghost hunt would be a good one for a vampire killer, but Im not sure they could get the licences for that one.

  • This is what I need in my life. Please make this happen BHVR. Anime is love, anime is life

  • Anime isn't really my go-to when I think about horror (and tbf, it isn't my go-to for anything; I dont watch anime). That being said, I probably wouldn't want to see anime in DbD, but if it does get added, I won't quit; it's not the end of the world.

    As long as it makes someone happy, its good by me.

  • Man is whole ass gonna quit the game because BHVR wants to appeal to more of it's audience. Kinda hope they add an anime killer now lmao

  • Yamero! now i want an anime killer aswell, and is your fault.

  • @Siberia said:

    No. Just no. We don’t want the weebs coming to DBD.

    hmm, whats wrong with weebs exactly?

    I an a weeb myself

  • @Siberia said:

    No. Just no. We don’t want the weebs coming to DBD.

    We're already here.

1 2 ›