Welp time for billy to get bad touched

I'm gonna predict the future..Billy's addons will be all crap..his new overheat will feel restrictive and lame , removing the ability to risk fancy chainsaws because itll constantly overheat , and everyone will just drop him despite his camera finally being fixed...sounds like nurse all over again..

Comments

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407894#Comment_1407894

    I don't play as him much because I prefer playing Pig. That being said, gameplay I see does not show me that Billy stays in chainsaw mode often enough that he wouldn't have meaningful chances to cool down.

    You'll see then I guess ...take a shot every time he fills that heat bar

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407715#Comment_1407715

    There is nothing repeating itself. But go on with your unproofable rants.

    *Laughs in Nurse*

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407841#Comment_1407841

    You also have to factor in that Billy will be doing stuff other than using a chainsaw, and the chainsaw will cool down passively as you do that other stuff. It will mean that you will be able to chainsaw more than what you allege.

    Game start a Billy should be going cross map by chainsaw sprint to reach Survivors ASAP. That alone will now eat somewhere around 50% to 80% heat. How long will it take for that heat to fully clear out? How long will it take to have enough heat to attempt a hit with it taking at LEAST 25% to just start a sprint before fluttering?

    I can guess all day to those numbers. But the majority of them will end up making Billy an overall worse Killer. Billy is gonna get his balls cut off.


    This change also destroys my favorite build for Billy. Bump Billy running both add-ons that reduce the stun for running into objects. Those add-ons might no longer exist to start with! Then you have the heat that makes it so I will never be able to chain sprint after sprint who makes that build worthless as well.

    Billy was already seen as likely one of the most balanced Killers in DbD. There was no need to change him.


    But that isn't the worst of it. Hits are gonna be done server side now. That's gonna ######### over EVERYONE long before balance changed can be debated!

  • @immortalls96 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407902#Comment_1407902

    You'll see then I guess ...take a shot every time he fills that heat bar

    Sure thing. I don't mind continuing being sober.

  • @Chewy102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407854#Comment_1407854

    Game start a Billy should be going cross map by chainsaw sprint to reach Survivors ASAP. That alone will now eat somewhere around 50% to 80% heat. How long will it take for that heat to fully clear out? How long will it take to have enough heat to attempt a hit with it taking at LEAST 25% to just start a sprint before fluttering?

    I can guess all day to those numbers. But the majority of them will end up making Billy an overall worse Killer. Billy is gonna get his balls cut off.

    This change also destroys my favorite build for Billy. Bump Billy running both add-ons that reduce the stun for running into objects. Those add-ons might no longer exist to start with! Then you have the heat that makes it so I will never be able to chain sprint after sprint who makes that build worthless as well.

    Billy was already seen as likely one of the most balanced Killers in DbD. There was no need to change him.

    But that isn't the worst of it. Hits are gonna be done server side now. That's gonna ######### over EVERYONE long before balance changed can be debated!

    Based on the rate of heat increase that I saw, I think if you end up eating 80% of your heat without even finding someone, something has gone very wrong.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407912#Comment_1407912

    Based on the rate of heat increase that I saw, I think if you end up eating 80% of your heat without even finding someone, something has gone very wrong.

    Watch the video again. It shown Billy taking up 25% to start sprinting and another 25% to travel roughly 1/3 of a given map. You can easily double that distance as Billy for the first sprint of a game. Then the 2nd sprint of the game is just as long as odds are Survivors will want to hide and not be found out in the open when a chainsaw is running around.

    Even if you happen to find someone after the first sprint and it takes say 60% heat total. That'll leave you with enough heat to maybe ATTEMPT to land 1 hit if you need to flutter at all before you overheat.

    Then you have to deal with being constantly waiting to lose heat before even thinking of attempting to chainsaw


    If I had to put a number on it. Billy will wont be able to use his chainsaw half as much as he does now. If Billy is "balanced" as he is now, post change he will be far far worse.

  • @Chewy102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407929#Comment_1407929

    Watch the video again. It shown Billy taking up 25% to start sprinting and another 25% to travel roughly 1/3 of a given map. You can easily double that distance as Billy for the first sprint of a game. Then the 2nd sprint of the game is just as long as odds are Survivors will want to hide and not be found out in the open when a chainsaw is running around.

    Even if you happen to find someone after the first sprint and it takes say 60% heat total. That'll leave you with enough heat to maybe ATTEMPT to land 1 hit if you need to flutter at all before you overheat.

    Then you have to deal with being constantly waiting to lose heat before even thinking of attempting to chainsaw

    If I had to put a number on it. Billy will wont be able to use his chainsaw half as much as he does now. If Billy is "balanced" as he is now, post change he will be far far worse.

    That kinda goes against what Peanits has said regarding the usability of the chainsaw:

    @Peanits said:

    As far as mobility goes, it's negligible. Sprinting heats up the chainsaw at a significantly reduced rate, so you can do entire laps around the map no problem. More importantly, even if it overheats a few laps in, it doesn't cancel your chainsaw.

    As far as curving and all that goes, your ability to do so is functionally unchanged. You'll only notice a difference if you miss a bunch of them or pull out your chainsaw way too early (something you don't want to do anyway because it means the survivors are going to widen the gap).


  • "gonna predict the future" .....

    How about just try him out and see what you think and give your thoughts. You know...instead of everything being doom and gloom right off the bat. Then again I see a few names and I am not surprised by the negativity that surrounds every update.

  • Doing laps is one thing. Being able to land a snipe during those laps or landing a hit after a lap is VERY different! Even just hitting a M1 after getting a close miss with the chainsaw is iffy as it gives time for the Survivor to reach something. The heat built up after map travel will for a fact highly effect Billy's ability to do anything else with his chainsaw.


    Look. I don't know if you play Billy that often or how much Peanits does for that fact. But as a Legacy Billy who played nothing but him back at launch for my first 100 hours and has mained Killer for literal years, this is NOT going to end well.

  • I loved playing flickbilly/playing against him,not gonna happen anymore with the overheat mechanic so there goes that. You only have like a few seconds of a mindgame attempt and if you take too long you are gonna get punished too hard.

  • Yawn.

    Stop nerfing killers into the ground.

    This is why Nurse is dead.

  • @Chewy102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1408008#Comment_1408008

    Doing laps is one thing. Being able to land a snipe during those laps or landing a hit after a lap is VERY different! Even just hitting a M1 after getting a close miss with the chainsaw is iffy as it gives time for the Survivor to reach something. The heat built up after map travel will for a fact highly effect Billy's ability to do anything else with his chainsaw.

    Look. I don't know if you play Billy that often or how much Peanits does for that fact. But as a Legacy Billy who played nothing but him back at launch for my first 100 hours and has mained Killer for literal years, this is NOT going to end well.

    I'm not convinced, based on what I've seen of the video.

  • So wait, when did they get rid of Hillbilly's flick? I thought that was a bug.

  • Well I said in another thread earlier they would add a power bar. While not as bad as I expected I saw no reason to add it.

  • i think thats not the proper nerf but still. is good for survivors considering that now they get rewarded for outplaying billy, before you need to make that guessing game forever because he didnt even have a drowback to his insta down at all... still imo what NEEDED TO BE NERFED was the crack and space addons tahts everything he needed instead they needed to touch this, his base wich is unncesary, there were more importart stuff to touch.

  • Why even spend ressources to fix the perfect killer. He was perfect at release and you keep ruining him. All that time and money wasted instead of fixing actual problems, big oof devs.

  • @snick said:

    They say they think billy is balanced, then detail his nerf in the next paragraph. I just don't understand some of the balance decisions in this game

    Nothing better then taking a character they state is very balanced and putting pointless limitations on him to decrease his balance for no other reason then to do it. Perfect bhvr logic. The amount of time Billy’s need to rev to try and negotiate loop chainsaw hits is going to neuter him into an m1 killer that can cross the map quickly. I’m not a billy main, but this defies logic.

  • @snick said:

    They say they think billy is balanced, then detail his nerf in the next paragraph. I just don't understand some of the balance decisions in this game

    ^

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    "gonna predict the future" .....

    How about just try him out and see what you think and give your thoughts. You know...instead of everything being doom and gloom right off the bat. Then again I see a few names and I am not surprised by the negativity that surrounds every update.

    Because it's almost always easy to see beforehand

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    "gonna predict the future" .....

    How about just try him out and see what you think and give your thoughts. You know...instead of everything being doom and gloom right off the bat. Then again I see a few names and I am not surprised by the negativity that surrounds every update.

    I know I try and praise the good things in each update if I can.

    The perk changes were amazing. We might even see a usable Bubba now.

    But the Billy changes hearken back right to Nurse down to the very smallest detail. Less map pressure, less travel, only limitations without any new tech or way to play. We are rightful to be doom and gloom about that at least, since it's literally just history repeating itself. Especially since so few people were complaining about his baskeit, when most of the real problems were the addons.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407822#Comment_1407822

    But you seem to be ignoring how slowly the chainsaw heats up when actually running with it. That does matter.

    No it doesn't really matter, the whole nerf is not about his map mobility its about how many times you can chainsaw at loops. which looks to be 2 to 4 times before overheating.

  • Just goes to show you that an "add-on" rework is a nice way of tacking on unnecessary non-sense to a killer's kit. Unlucky.

    Also, based on what I've seen thus far regarding some of the new add-ons, they either look awful, or as though they'll be required to get anything out of said killer.

  • Looks like nurse all over again. A disastrous unfun cooldown with a bunch of meme addons.

    Fun fact: Chainsaws don't overheat.

1 2 ›