Leatherface...buffed or...Very buffed?

In my opinion, from what I read from the dev notes, I consider this a great buff, but not op levels.

His power can more reliably hit multiple survivors.

The speed increase is great, even if it's not by too much.

The charge system encourages smart decision making.

(but IDK we have to wait til' the 7th to see how he plays)

Comments

  • It's pretty much just a straight buff. The only thing I can think of that's actually worse than before is holding your chainsaw for obscene amounts of time (a.k.a. facecamping with the chainsaw revved).

  • From what I've seen this looks like a buff. I hate having my power cucked when the bar looks full. Add-ons will be very interesting but I can't say much till I've played as him.

    It fixes face camping which is excellent though

  • Obviously it will be difficult to tell until it’s tested live, but it looks like an overall buff to me, with a nerf to his ability to stand and face camp the hook. I’m actually quite impressed.

  • @Peanits said:

    It's pretty much just a straight buff. The only thing I can think of that's actually worse than before is holding your chainsaw for obscene amounts of time (a.k.a. facecamping with the chainsaw revved).

    Can I ask if his speed with the chainsaw revved fully still goes down to 86%?

  • @Peanits said:

    It's pretty much just a straight buff. The only thing I can think of that's actually worse than before is holding your chainsaw for obscene amounts of time (a.k.a. facecamping with the chainsaw revved).

    agreed, just asking the community what they think.

  • Where is this Dev update with the changes ? I can't find it.

  • He seems better..billy is screwed though probably

  • @Peanits said:

    It's pretty much just a straight buff. The only thing I can think of that's actually worse than before is holding your chainsaw for obscene amounts of time (a.k.a. facecamping with the chainsaw revved).

    Yeah I that appreciate that half the video was showing him struggling to camp a Dwight in the basement :D

  • @immortalls96 said:

    He seems better..billy is screwed though probably

    I consider it similar to the PH change a few days ago, added to punish the misuse of their powers, i'm a killer main, and i'm all right with this. (also making camping with Bubba harder and more punishing)

  • What has changed? I can't find any information.

  • @CashelP14 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407591#Comment_1407591

    Can I ask if his speed with the chainsaw revved fully still goes down to 86%?

    He's still slowed (not sure if it's still exactly 86%), although his speed after he starts chainsawing is faster than before so you end up closing that gap quicker. You also chainsaw for way longer so you don't have to be as close to them before raising the chainsaw.

  • I liked having the ability to hold the chainsaw around trees and stuff. Will have to play a charged LF before commenting further.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407595#Comment_1407595

    He's still slowed (not sure if it's still exactly 86%), although his speed after he starts chainsawing is faster than before so you end up closing that gap quicker. You also chainsaw for way longer so you don't have to be as close to them before raising the chainsaw.

    Ok just wanted to know for muscle memory reasons. I was extremely worried (still am with add-ons tbh) but the base kit change seems good. The charge mechanic won't affect me too much since I normally run PWYF + Nemesis.

    Does this mean his cooldown for only using one charge decreased compared to the current one? Nothing worse than downing someone and having to wait till the attack ends.

  • Power, addons and perks promoting slugging is basically the worst change that could be done. Game health goodbye again.

  • Why are we buffing one-shot abilities.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Power, addons and perks promoting slugging is basically the worst change that could be done. Game health goodbye again.

    yes, judge his power after being told 15 minutes ago without testing.

  • @skarsguts said:

    Why are we buffing one-shot abilities.

    I mean, what's the point of a one-shot if you can't land it without cheesing it?

  • @Peanits said:

    It's pretty much just a straight buff. The only thing I can think of that's actually worse than before is holding your chainsaw for obscene amounts of time (a.k.a. facecamping with the chainsaw revved).

    Please dont have ruined carb and beast marks 😭

  • @skarsguts said:

    Why are we buffing one-shot abilities.

    Because he legit sucks even with a one shot

  • @skarsguts said:

    Why are we buffing one-shot abilities.

    Because it's a really bad one shot ability

  • He seems really powerful now, can't wait to see how it actually plays. I'm also really happy that they addressed his facecamping.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Power, addons and perks promoting slugging is basically the worst change that could be done. Game health goodbye again.

    ;( why killer allowed to do thing

  • @Peanits said:

    It's pretty much just a straight buff. The only thing I can think of that's actually worse than before is holding your chainsaw for obscene amounts of time (a.k.a. facecamping with the chainsaw revved).

    This pretty much sums it up. And it seems like a great change to me. I will gladly trade infinite camping Bubba for a stronger Bubba.

    Plus.. he can still camp if that's your playstyle, it'll just require a bit more skill.

  • This is exactly the type of rework Bubba needed. Makes him more threatening outside of defending hooks. One thing that isn't entirely clear though. Tantrum activates when bumping into walls still correct? Also tantrum activates when not hitting a survivor? That wasn't entirely clear with the wording on the post.

    Everything else from the perks and addons looks pretty solid. Hillbilly's perks got some nice touch ups too.

    Things I want to know though

    Does Bubba still receive a penalty for cancelling chainsaw?

    Will he receive chase music?

    Will he be getting cosmetics?

  • I'm a bit worried about Billy (it comes down to the recharge rate if it will be a problem) but I'm very excited for the Leatherface changes

  • @Victor_hensley said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1407718#Comment_1407718

    yes, judge his power after being told 15 minutes ago without testing.

    I dont judge him, I tell you whats wrong with whats its doing. You can read desciptions, right?

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    Power, addons and perks promoting slugging is basically the worst change that could be done. Game health goodbye again.

    I'd be happy to have slugging removed if we can also remove pallets and windows!

  • @Dustin said:

    This is exactly the type of rework Bubba needed. Makes him more threatening outside of defending hooks. One thing that isn't entirely clear though. Tantrum activates when bumping into walls still correct? Also tantrum activates when not hitting a survivor? That wasn't entirely clear with the wording on the post.

    Everything else from the perks and addons looks pretty solid. Hillbilly's perks got some nice touch ups too.

    Things I want to know though

    Does Bubba still receive a penalty for cancelling chainsaw?

    Will he receive chase music?

    Will he be getting cosmetics?

    Most likely no for the cosmetics, but I would LOVE the black pretty lady suit from the dinner scene...


    Also legendary Nea skin of Sally Hardesty when?

  • My take on patch log is that billy changes are going punish new-player billy who are not familiar with curving and ultimately it might make players who take many risks of chainsaws not take risks due overheat mechanic and I personally like billy that are greedy for chainsaw because it really allows you to push loops against them in dramatic way. I don't think I ever had problem facing billy. Its often more for how killer plays rather than who killer is.

    Leatherface perks knock out will becoming as it doesn't work with the powered attacks and the other perks that got improved most likely will not be used. I think leatherface might be weaker in some regards and stronger in other regards. Leatherface will probably be worse for same reason billy will be worse, the charges are his cooldown and I don't think extra speed boost will impact leather faces gameplay. most of these add-on are likely oriented around reducing these severe drawbacks and I have feeling that their charge system is strategically choice in weakening PWYF perk on leatherface by making it consume charges for every chainsaw extension you do and that itself is will weaken perk synergy for leatherface.

    Its no surprise that instant down killers are become worse as those are cliches that bad survivor mains use against killers to showcase that look, killer is "powerful" when its mostly attachment to second chance mechanics on health states. Its funny because hilliby according community is top-tier(which in my opinion is overrated but I understand why because of lame tactics) and Leatherface was bottom tier, yet both are likely to become worse after the change.