Pride outfits? Yes/No?

I know BVHR stands with the LGBTQIA+ community, but I'm wondering if we will see any super cute pride outfits? I think it could be a cute idea.

Comments

  • @SpookyStabby said:

    Should have been a genuine gesture of love and good will with a free collection of pieces for our community. 4-6 items for showing solidarity is not a whole lot and would have gone a nice hop, skip and jump towards showing me they are one capitalist venue that might actually give a ######### about us. One vague tweet? Too little, too late.

    Option for the anniversary crown to be 🌈? (Yes,please!)

  • @Brightened said:

    I know BVHR stands with the LGBTQIA+ community, but I'm wondering if we will see any super cute pride outfits? I think it could be a cute idea.

    No.

  • @BigBrainMegMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1377565#Comment_1377565

    I honestly think because of the responses they're received the past month, they might not just do anything LGBT oriented.

    It brings hostility all around.

    So. Bigots shouldn't have a say in the ruling the world. If they want to be hostile, let them. They shouldn't be able to shut down the community.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1377495#Comment_1377495

    Agreed, considering how toxic this community can be, releasing Pride items could lead to targetted harrassment.

    Ugh, you guys. This is the wrong attitude to take.

  • @Buttercake said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1377569#Comment_1377569

    So. Bigots shouldn't have a say in the ruling the world. If they want to be hostile, let them. They shouldn't be able to shut down the community.

    lol bigots.

    Name 1 on these forums.

  • I think it's pretty tacky. I'm gay and I don't need constant voiced approval from all sources to feel ok with myself.

    Plus it becomes a slippery slope. You add something that supports pride month, then "why do we have that but no black history charm" then every cause no matter how minor has a reason to complain that they aren't being represented and BHVR are forced to produce cosmetics for every different thing of be labelled as racists/sexists/every other ist in the book.

    Better to keep politically neutral in general than weigh in on something.

  • 1) It's too late into Pride month for the skins to really be made and put out and last.

    2) It could also cause more discrimination and encourage toxic behavior by targeting people who are within the LGBTQ+ community.

    3) It could be executed in a way that I call being inclusive for the sake of being inclusive. By this, I mean that they add it for the sake of making themselves look good. They don't try to make it more subtle and actually caring, but just putting it out there to seem like they're a better company that you can trust.

  • What attitude? I'm stating facts based on experience. It has nothing to do with what I want or would do.

  • @Gorgonia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1377818#Comment_1377818

    What attitude? I'm stating facts based on experience. It has nothing to do with what I want or would do.

    No but you're letting toxic people win by saying "No, because the toxic people will show up."

  • @Mookywolf said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/PDGSZJ4MOKLL/image.png

    these were made by https://twitter.com/EscaPlays/status/1197690414175784960

    i would love to have charms like these, just as a little something.

    I don't mind them adding charms or outfits that represent any kind of people, but I do mind my charms inventory getting cluttered with 5 charms I would never use. If they do this make it so you can claim them or choose not to. This goes for all free charms we are getting not only these.

  • If they start doing this, I'd like to see more groups involved. I'd be particularly interested in Mexican/Latin themed cosmetics as well.

    Considering that it's a Canadian based company, I'd like to see something done in support of the Indigenous people of Canada. The discrimination they face flies under the radar compared to other marginalized groups.

    Some of the stories are very sad.

    Some Indigenous people say discrimination they've faced by doctors and nurses in British Columbia is so normal that they weren't surprised to hear about allegations of an emergency room "game" in which health-care staff guessed the intoxication levels of Indigenous patients. But the allegations are still triggering, they say.


  • I don't see why not.

  • Dragon-Quest-XI-Costumes-Mardi-Garb-Luminary.jpg

    I want this outfit for Dwight pls

    Or David. Do both yeah both is good

  • I don't want to be the black sheep here, but I honestly think that's not a good idea at all. I don't know if many of you acknowledge that DBD isn't a game that just american people play. It's almost worlwide guys. Most of the people in Canada, USA, etc. truly support the LGBT community, but that's not the case everywhere.In A few countries from Europe and not only, it is still a hot topic, and by bringing in game this kind of outfits just seems ridiculous to me, thinking that a lot of the playerbase will just be MAD.

    I'm not a part of the LGBT community, and I don't have anything against them, but can we actually enjoy together a game that doesn't promote sexual orientation? Let it be just a survival game with some diversity. If you think that a certain character could be a part of the LGBT community, well good for you, dont emphasize that concept over and over again. Keep it simple, we don't need any more drama in this world cuz' it's too much already.

  • Sure, why not?

  • First of all, don't derail the thread. OP is asking something and you clearly are derailing it.

    Second, no. If they do a happy pride outfit, you will need to purchase it. LGBT are not a merchandise, that's what some people can't see.

    Every company when says about pride or saying "look, we made a gay/lesbian character" then LGBT members buys it a lot saying "Oh WOW. Such an amazing comunity filled on love. I am going to support them. #lLoveislove" and NO, they are selling you. You're not a merchandise, if you're proud to be gay, such as myself you know your value and that no one should treat gays as something they can sell or get profit for it.

    Third. Being homophobe is like being aracnophobe, you can't force someone to like something that they dislike, that's being open minded, knowing that not everyone is going to agree with you and that's fine. Thing is, tons of LGBT members think that everyone should love them and when someone says he/she dislike then you say he/she is an homophobe and perhaps some mean things to them. Probably they will react bad, because you said some mean things to them and that doesn't help for them to open their minds.

  • I'd have liked them for survivors but I think they'd look a bit odd on most killers aside from the Legion

  • @DwightOP said:

    I already see those posts coming:

    "the killer tunneled me because I had pride cosmetics! He is against gay people, bhvr pls ban him"

    I would rather not deal with that honestly.

    yeah me neither, from my experience with those kind of things it can go bad real fast. No offense to anyone but from my experience with " pride" people they really are prideful, which is okay but no matter what I do or say they are too stubborn to understand not that I'm saying this for everyone, but it does irritate me just a bit. Again I'm not against them I just try not to start anything.

  • No. I fully support the LGBT community, but keep sexual preferences out of the game. It's fine IRL, but let's just keep the game outside of this. Someone will always be offended by something.

  • @Brightened said:

    I know BVHR stands with the LGBTQIA+ community, but I'm wondering if we will see any super cute pride outfits? I think it could be a cute idea.

    Hahaha

    No.

  • @Brightened said:

    I know BVHR stands with the LGBTQIA+ community, but I'm wondering if we will see any super cute pride outfits? I think it could be a cute idea.

    Most people don't play games for politics and although representation is a good thing, adding cosmetics that only appeal to a single group of people could alienate more players than it would seek to bring together. Also another downside would be certain killer players tunneling and camping survivors wearing these cosmetics, or survivors going out of there way to bully killers with cosmetics such as these.

  • What a waste of energy, this is why I said they should of just stayed neutral because now everyone will demand some nonsense.

  • Everyone goes on about how a charm or outfit would encourage homophobes to target players more, but you forget a lot of people have their IDs/gamertags etc as something that includes “GAYmer” les[insert pun] and so on, and DON’T get targeted. Hell, I had my GT that included GAYmer for a good while and there was no difference in my gaming before or after.


    It’s a reach to say killers would target survivors more, etc. It’s a game, people are gonna play how they usually play - regardless. If that person is generally toxic they’re gonna be toxic regardless of whether you’re gay/straight or whatever.


    just my two cents.

  • @HollowsGrief said:

    What a waste of energy, this is why I said they should of just stayed neutral because now everyone will demand some nonsense.

    They didn't stay neutral, they explicitly included heterosexual representation all the way back when the Nurse was released.

  • I've said it before and I'll say it again: maybe I just don't get it because I'm not LGBTQ+ or whatever, but I always felt like the best way to be inclusive and make people feel welcome is to literally just treat them like anybody else. I would imagine if I just happened to be of a different sexual orientation and people were praising me just for liking to do certain stuff in bed, it would feel just awkward to me. I don't see how it's normalizing the LGBTQ+ community or any other marginalized group or whatever you call them if you try to put them up on a pedestal and act like they're special. At that point it's just making them "not normal" but in a different way.

    But hey what do I know? I'm not LGBTQ+.

  • It doesn't need it. I don't understand pushing the movement into everything, everywhere. It's fine, you'll find loads of support (and hate) anywhere you go, but that doesn't mean everywhere needs to have an opinion on it nor be active about it. DBD clearly shows support; it really doesn't need to be a poster for the cause in the way you want it to be. You have the support, just leave it at that.

  • kinda off topic but are there any multiplayer games, dbd-like that did actually introduce pride outfits or references to the LGBT community? From what I know, no, but I might be wrong.

1 2 ›