PC killers play like scums

Damn I made the switch from DBD on xbox to PC recently and the killers on here play like scum. I thought the community on here would be less toxic than xbox but it's probably worse. All of my matches today have been tunneling killers. Keep in mind that I had almost 3K hours on xbox and I've been using my controller on PC, So I know what I'm doing (not trying to sound cocky),and as of right now I'm in the purple ranks and the killers tend to 1 hook mori or chase me the whole game and no other survivor. if I pass by a survivor working on a gen they don't even bother to interrupt the gen and just continue to chase. what's up with that? As a former killer main, how can you not interrupt a gen that's almost done and how is it fun chasing 1 person the whole game? And then when the gens done I get smacked with NOED and the killer(s) shake their head as if they did something lmao. I mean I guess it doesn't matter what platform you play on because the toxicity within the game itself will never go away but damn I can't stand people that play like this.

Comments

  • Idk why a lot of people complain about getting chased all game. You're literally doing the only thing that's fun as survivor which is interacting with the killer and you get to do it for the entire match. Maybe extreme tunnelling where you don't get a chance to do anything isn't fun but I find that doesn't happen often at all. If I run a killer around for 5 gens, get hit by NOED and he's so mad that he's gonna camp me til death at the end of the game? That's a win in my book, and much more satisfying than holding M1 on a generator.

  • I play mostly survivor and it can be frustrating to get camped/tunneled/slugged but in the end it's just one match. If I get frustrated, I watch videos in between matches and look up strategies to counter play rather than complaining about it bc in the end, killers won't change the way they play to cater to survivors and its the same the other way around.


    And yes, when I do play killer(rank 19) I bring NOED.

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    Idk why a lot of people complain about getting chased all game. You're literally doing the only thing that's fun as survivor which is interacting with the killer and you get to do it for the entire match. Maybe extreme tunnelling where you don't get a chance to do anything isn't fun but I find that doesn't happen often at all. If I run a killer around for 5 gens, get hit by NOED and he's so mad that he's gonna camp me til death at the end of the game? That's a win in my book, and much more satisfying than holding M1 on a generator.

    I was going to comment this same exact thing. It's like "man that game sucked, you guys got to have all the fun holding m1 on gens while I just got chased the entire time. Not fair!"

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374918#Comment_1374918

    “Excuse me Mr/Mrs Killer. I just spotted a totem while you’re chasing me. Please stop a sec while I cleanse it”

    🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️🤦‍♂️

    I dunno, my last killer achievement since coming back from my break is the interrupting on totems, I'd be down for them trying that...

  • Lithe + Iron Will + Dance + soul guard


    fixed your issue if youre like me and not the greatest looper

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    Damn I made the switch from DBD on xbox to PC recently and the killers on here play like scum. I thought the community on here would be less toxic than xbox but it's probably worse. All of my matches today have been tunneling killers. Keep in mind that I had almost 3K hours on xbox and I've been using my controller on PC, So I know what I'm doing (not trying to sound cocky),and as of right now I'm in the purple ranks and the killers tend to 1 hook mori or chase me the whole game and no other survivor. if I pass by a survivor working on a gen they don't even bother to interrupt the gen and just continue to chase. what's up with that? As a former killer main, how can you not interrupt a gen that's almost done and how is it fun chasing 1 person the whole game? And then when the gens done I get smacked with NOED and the killer(s) shake their head as if they did something lmao. I mean I guess it doesn't matter what platform you play on because the toxicity within the game itself will never go away but damn I can't stand people that play like this.

    "if I pass by a survivor working on a gen they don't even bother to interrupt the gen and just continue to chase. what's up with that?"

    Did you seriously just complain that the killer wasn't fooled by your attempts to sandbag a teammate? 😂

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1375073#Comment_1375073

    I started keeping stats today on my games, because I think the concept is fun and I like data. I'm tracking many different data points, including not just camping/tunneling/slugging, but specifically whether it's done all match or just in end game...because I at least understand tunneling/camping in end game to secure a kill when there's nothing else to do. Of the 10 matches I played today, 8 of them included camping and/or tunneling throughout the entirety of the match. Two matches were tunnel moris.

    The thing is, we all know that your definitions of "camping" and "tunneling" are as broad as, "The killer exists on the map" so yeah.

    The number of times I've been yelled at for those things when it's 100% the survivors actions that led to them is pretty hilarious, actually.

  • @Rin_is_my_waifu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1375038#Comment_1375038

    Killers are forced to bring two and sometimes three perks to counter genrushing. That sounds fun

    You’re not FORCED to bring any gen slowdown perks. I play Spirit with BBQ, Nurse’s, Stridor, and Shadowborn of all perks and I do just fine. Once you wean yourself off of boring slowdown perks you find matches to be much more enjoyable now that you have perk slots to use.

    And I used Spirit for an example because I know you main Spirit.

  • I think PC dbd only appears worse than console dbd because PC users have keyboards so it's easier to type hateful messages. I got the game for my nephew's xbox. I played a few games and each one someone sent me hate messages. Also this game was orginally designed for PC so there's more people playing the PC version. The player basis is toxic though. When I play overwatch and hear someone whining. As a joke I say "As whiny as the dbd community" and like 3-4 people chime in "Dbd is pretty bad ><"

  • @MegMain98 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1375046#Comment_1375046

    You’re not FORCED to bring any gen slowdown perks. I play Spirit with BBQ, Nurse’s, Stridor, and Shadowborn of all perks and I do just fine. Once you wean yourself off of boring slowdown perks you find matches to be much more enjoyable now that you have perk slots to use.

    And I used Spirit for an example because I know you main Spirit.

    It gets really boring playing the same killer over and over again, so I switch to a different one. But I have to equip at least one slowdown perk, because SWF fly through the gens in red ranks

    Spirit and nurse don't need slowdowns, but I want to enjoy the other 18 killers, too

  • @Kall said:

    Some comments in here, jesus... You complain about your toxic community when you're part of the problem. You don't debate or argument, you just go "deal with it, meh!"

    People are so blinded to their side they can't be objective about anything.

    ^ this

  • @Bovinity said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/164009/pc-killers-play-like-scums

    "if I pass by a survivor working on a gen they don't even bother to interrupt the gen and just continue to chase. what's up with that?"

    Did you seriously just complain that the killer wasn't fooled by your attempts to sandbag a teammate? 😂

    you’re stupid. Eventually I’m going to take the killer around the whole map and run near a generator with survivors on it. I’m saying that the killer is stupid for not dropping chase and protecting his gens from gates being opened. What are you 5?

  • @Babyyy_Boyy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1375534#Comment_1375534

    you’re stupid. Eventually I’m going to take the killer around the whole map and run near a generator with survivors on it. I’m saying that the killer is stupid for not dropping chase and protecting his gens from gates being opened. What are you 5?

    Dang, my secret is out.

    Yes, everyone, I'm barely out of my toddler years. Sorry I kept it from you guys all this time.

  • @Booper_Of_Snoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1374897#Comment_1374897

    I find, that especially when solo queueing, I will cleanse 3-4 totems WHEN IM HUNTING FOR THEM AND NOTHING ELSE and still end up not being able to find one, and then to find out hey look no one did it and now theres noed, after you scraped together the other gens

    That's why I run Detective's Hunch. I can't tell you how many Noed's I prevented because of that perk.

  • @DeadByFreddy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1375033#Comment_1375033

    yo slug fests are fine. I don't see how its unfair. Its actually interesting to see the psychology of players, whether they are bold and altruistic enough to save their team mates. You are basically suggesting that if they do all gens its game over, they deserve to leave... its not. They still have to get the gate open and possibly decide whether rescue their friend. That's how the game is played. My good ettiquite is not tunnelling and camping. As far as killing everyone end game, that's part of it.

    Its not toxic, 90% of my victims tell me they had fun. I had one slugged and one trying to save in end game collapse and the end game entity came up n devoured them both. They both loved it and the other players said it was the most romantic camping they ever saw.

    By playing end games we make their game intense and exciting. Not boring, oh I got all gens done now I escaped unchallenged... this is a horror game and most survivors want to be challenged

    I see this fantasy written in here a lot by killer mains that they have encountered tons of survivors that agree with and appreciate there terrible game play. I have played this game for years. I have been thousands of matches and can tell you with 100% certainty that "most" survivors, as you put it, do not enjoy the "challenge" (or lack there of) of everyone on there team being slugged for your amusement.

1 2 ›