The New Patch Made The Game Infuriatingly Broken, and Here's The List to Prove It.
- Survivors now make no sound while doing ANYTHING unless it’s an action (such as vaulting or repairing)
- Survivors no longer turn their heads to the direction their looking, making it impossible to know if they have Dead Hard until they hit you with it.
- The new map is extremely broken and frustrating. It’s easy to win on, but it’s still extremely frustrating when I literally can’t move down a hallway because objects (like the hallway with a bunch of goo on one side of the wall) block me from blinking/moving.
- Most maps have had their sounds removed relating to survivor movement.
- No sounds while on the ground is now not just a ‘chance’, it now always happens.
- Killer lunges are broke on the survivor side, as certain killers seem to play a short lunge animation when they’re really doing a long one (causing hits that don’t look like they connect). This also applies vise-versa, where you think you hit the survivor but instead you do a short whiff.
- Grabbing is now more consistent on the Killer side, but is extremely broke on the survivor side. You can be on the other side of a pallet, hit the ground, and still be grabbed. This feels douchy.
- Clown is bugged, as his reload makes his movement speed EXTREMELY SLOW for a few seconds after.
- Survivors can, once again, get stuck inside hooks. This soft-locks the game until they D/C, as it’s reported that you cannot be killed by EGC.
- The new map has a few spots that are completely safe all of the time (specifically the corner of the courtyard where you can literally trap yourself in-between pallets as survivor), and the rest of the map is baren. Extremely boring, and especially unfun when the map’s geometry is broken.
- Btw, all survivors have Iron Will and don’t breathe.
- Billy is bugged again. It’s not as bad as before... but Billy is bugged again. His animations are wonky, and his movement has changed.
- Demogorgon does not come out of his power where he is supposed to; instead, it can be a too early or too late exit.
- Blood Warden doesn’t work on dying survivors on the new map.
- Generators generally don’t make any sounds, which is BEYOND ridiculous when the objective is generators.
- When trying to hook a survivor, the game sometimes will pull out it’s dedicated servers and force you to spam space to get the hook.
- Survivors and Killers both now have an increased tendency to literally teleport to previous locations.
- The button to Exit the Game doesn't work, and neither does Alt + F4.
- The button to Exit the Match doesn't work.
- Legion is unable to vault certain windows while in Feral Frenzy, making some areas (Like main buildings that can be looped by using these windows) god loops against Legion until they're blocked off.
- On PS4, it is REPORTED that, if two or more survivors try to open exit gates at the same time, one survivor will fly into the air and the other will crash. I can't prove this because I don't play on PS4.
- The new map has MULTIPLE LOCATIONS THAT THE KILLER CAN HOLD THE GAME HOSTAGE IN. MULTIPLE. LOCATIONS. What was the goal here, to give the killer an advantage in some rooms or make trolls borderline impossible to defeat on this map?
- Oni can periodically be unable to use his power, and proof of this was given in the comments.
- It is REPORTED that you can can get stuck INSIDE of the wall of The Asylum (On Nurse's map), soft-locking the game. I don't know if this is correct or not.
- Flashlights are off-axis, making the beam aim to the right instead of the usual straight beam.
Tell me how all of this got through without at least SOME testing. Please.
I’ll still play killer, and I know a lot of others still will, but the game is INFURIATINGLY BUGGED and it coincidentally helps the survivors immensely. If I didn’t know better, I would suggest rolling back until the bugs are fixed.
Comments
This is horrendous and not to mention the situation with the "legendary" skin tho there's nothing legendary about it. They just need to skip a chapter and do nothing but bug fixes and map balancing And DEAR GOD HIRE A NEW GAME BALANCER! Did you see him on the QandA stream? Hes a complete joke and probably has about 10 hours in the game total. They have the money to do it so there's excuse and I'm sick of putting up with it. Hire more people to fix bugs! Hire new game balancers and please please hire quality inspectors to actually make sure each new chapter doesn't break the game. You earn tens of millions and yet you do nothing. I've honestly lost a lot of faith in the game after this chapter. The only good thing was that pyramid head is a lot of fun and balanced but since survivors think he's broken I'm sure they'll nerf him into the ground.
As a killer, I've been initiating the short attack from right behind a survivor on an obstacle in the perfect position to get a grab and I do not get a grab. Instead I hit the survivor, and I feel that if I'm close enough to stand still, click, and hit a survivor in an applicable interaction, it should be a grab.
Most of the added frustration for me from this patch stems from me initiating grabs next to a survivor on a generator, it failing, and not getting a hit or only getting a hit.
Additionally, I've had several matches as Myers with tombstone where I quite literally start to grab the survivor into the memento mori animation before the animation cancels and the survivor vaults away.
The game seems to be working as intended.
Teleporting I can vouch for on PS4 but only when downing them, I go to pick them up and I realise they are now about 10 foot to my left. Also happened once with downing a survivor whilst been pallet stunned, we both teleported to the others side. Nothing game breaking but weird.
I still have sound bug but mostly not hearing them on the ground.
Definitely had major problems with the lunge today, playing myers all day and even tier 3 lunge did a little slash. I must admit this was not every game, just did it on the games it felt like doing it. Maybe between a quarter to a third of games.
Grabbing is the opposite for me, still getting the unofficial stun of the game deciding it wasn't a grab after the animation is about halfway through but as survivor I have been grabbed when jumping from a locker and run about 3 feet away.
Now this is just sad to read at this point ...
It really is considering they don't read the Feedback section because the guy with grey hair on the devs stream would have plenty of ideas on how to fix the clown.
And it's 100% truth. Very nice. I've mostly just moved on to playing Titanfall 2 until the bugs are better, because at least THAT is less buggy than DBD and it was just released on steam.
Most of these are based on PC, but I have labled the ones that seem to be specifically to PS4 as such.
Also: fun fact! Yesterday on Pale Rose the killer was chasing me under one of the decks (the one to the left of the shack and behind the boat), when I rounded a corner and tried to vault the window. Instead of vaulting I literally walked through the wall and realized there was no collision. I could walk through the wall freely, and even the killer could once I showed him. It's totally broken because, when I did it, the killer had no idea what happened and totally lost me. If I was a bad person I could easily abuse this. I have 1,000+ hours in this game, but I'm getting SO sick of all the bugs 😭
Guys don't worry, clown is actually balanced. We just didn't know it.
They've addressed it and they continue to deny this is a thing.
It 100% is. This auto aim or whatever decides if you got the hit, needs adjusting.
Way too many times have I held the button for a full lunge, and for whatever reason it cuts short and whiffs. Thanks, but I wasn't done lunging.
They’ve said since the beginning of the complains that it doesn’t affect your hits at all, the problem is that people KNOW there’s a problem and can’t find anything to blame it on but this (Which is justified).
Just happened to me again. It was as if I tapped the attack, but I definitely was holding it down.
Thanks!
I was curios to see whether things improved or not.
Yup.
And don’t worry, they completely freaking DODGED the bugs and said that Clown is underrated.
—
Shoutouts to @SpaceCoconut
thanks for list of bugs it should make devs see better , but how those bugs "coincidentally helps the survivors immensely" you say , i dont get it . I play on green ping and get hits after fully vaulted pallet aswel as 3 meter away from window , same with killers lunge and hits through thrown pallet . So I play both surv and killer on red ranks and i have to say its so easy to play killer nowdays with knownledge of how to benefit from these dedicated hits aswel as end game collapse where exit gates located right next to each other . And the new silent hill map on red ranks I played there was so few times where 2 people escaped and i dont remember 4 escape at all unless we got our good matchmaking against some 15 rank killer . New map in favour to killer and very hard to escape from because of long wide corridors and gens right in the open and exit gates opposite each other as always and in short distance . Oh yeah also bloodlust in 2020 after all maps reworked removed strong windows loops and pallets amount removed where we have maps with dead zones you tell me some meaningless bug make this game "coincidentally helps the survivors immensely" against solos this game in favor to killer from the start
May I add that the Injured/Rescued survivor (on PS4, I do not play on PC) has weird, kind of Laggy movements? I had it once that I was rescued and my movement speed while running changed from super fast to super slow...and I've also glitched into a few objects, but I got pushed out shortly after.
Not To mention that trappers p3 mask isn't working
Rather than any flashy cosmetic or any new characters, they need a DLC to address all these stupid bugs.
I'm willing to pay money on that if it is even possible XD
Bugged Movement after getting unhooked. Not just that I could press to the right, everytime I pressed A or D it looked like I was playing on a PS1.
(Timer is in the video linked. If it doesnt jump to the point [11:54] is the time)
Another one where i thought it was me f'in up 😂
I noticed, just forgot to add it
Last night I was playing as Demo on Midwich school.I tried to placed a portal on the second floor and he just wouldn't do it.I hold my open portals keys and even rapidly tap them but all Demo did was nodding his head,like he looked down a little bit then just stand still.I stand there confused as to what the hell just happened.
They simply want killers to play survivor thats all... there are too many killers and too few survivors! 😉
I actually found out how to reproduce the Oni bug. You need to have a downed survivor and a charged power. Use the power and immedietly after going into it pick up the survivor. Go to the next hook and hook the survivor. If done corretly the passive recharge rate of Onis power should have filled it up, exept you can't use it anymore.
I got stuck on the generator on the upper floor of midwich in the music room after I teleport to it.
I would pay real money for Bug Fixing chapter. :)
I don't know what it is for sure, but i get micro lags every time since the patch. I guess it's something with the servers, because my connection is fine.
No sound when hex gets cleaned, i can barely see the hooks and gens. Is this a bug?
Have the problems with new map happened with this new map or are those just issues that have been with the map from the get go? Even though I feel like the map could be improved quite a bit, I don't find it too be that bad.
However, I can't actually believe that I am reading about BHVR having added even more bugs to the game's sound. This is getting more and more ridiculous. How do you even do that?
The new patch was a month ago lol, a lot of the bugs have been addressed. The fact some bugs are still there are concerning, but at this point I’ve mostly left the game.
It wouldn't matter though. After that, they will bring out a new DLC and be back where they started.
"Generators generally don’t make any sounds, which is BEYOND ridiculous when the objective is generators."
I encountered this in a Freddy match on Haddonfield on PS4 a few days prior to the patch going live. I would pass by the vicinity of generators and not hear them making any sound, only to be dumbfounded to hear them pop moments later. I'm glad to hear that it wasn't just me.
Also don't forget the bug that came with the release of Pyramid Head which makes hitting survivors who are unhooking impossible. Also Plague is unplayable since the latest patch, another major screwup. Kinda makes you think they'd have YandereDev in charge of their coding.