Why did bhvr nerf solo survivors?
With the rank reset change red ranks are absolutly over flooded with potatoes who don't belong there. It was already way to easy to rank up and now as solo survivor you have to deal with trash mates. Why? I don't get it.
Besides the fact that it created longer lobby Qs for survivors in red ranks.
Comments
Yeah, I've been playing like a bot at survivor since my return, yet I'm somehow Rank 5? They should make ranking up harder to keep people in the ranks they SHOULD be at. I shouldn't be any higher than 10 with my current level of skill. And once I get back to my old self, I'll have to deal with people who play like I currently do (very badly). BHVR should make ranking up as survivor harder.
I mean it's been 4 years, I never expected them to fix the issues with solo survivors. However, making the experience for solos even worse was something I didn't even thought was possible. Well, bhvr always can do something worse than it is lol
Yeah ranking up, just seems like you blaze through them until you get to red ranks. You only see any real slow down to ranking up, when it comes to red ranks.
The problem with the ranking system is that it's two things at once and so it's bad at both.
Rank is supposed to match players up with other players at a similar skill level.
Unfortunately, many players see the rank system as a "reward" system. This is what screws the whole system up. De-pipping is seen as a punishment. Rank reset set people far back and then it was "too difficult" to get to red ranks to unlock that achievement on Steam. Red ranks became a gold star, something everyone should be able to achieve, which killed matchmaking.
Honestly, I haven't slowed at all, now rank 4 and still going.
Yeah. Solo used to be loads of fun back when I joined, but we had pallet vacuum, double exhaustion, way too strong flashlights back then. It did mean you didn't have to rely on teammates, but still, I thought that was busted, as did everyone. so the game became way more balanced, at the expense of solo's becoming team reliant. This would be fine if some teams weren't ass and plus, nowadays, with the busted ranking system, people are in ranks way out of their skill level, which makes solos even worse.
Yeah, the game with how fast you go through the ranks. Just makes me question at time, do i belong at my currently rank? Since i wonder, since the game keeps sending me back to red ranks as a survivor and i have to wonder, do i really belong here or should i be at a lower rank? When match making pairs me up with red rank survivors and a red rank killer and not yellow rank team mates and killers, who are clearly new to the game.
Yeah, it's a really bad issue. I'm only concerned with my survivor ranks though.
As killer, I still have the skill of a R1, it's just that as survivor, I shouldn't be any higher than 10.
Yeah, hopefully the new match making will fix some of the issues. Yeah i think i might be better as killer than survivor myself as well. For oh yeah, i know just how to run this and mind game people at this loop. Playing as survivor, i normally forget bloody everything i learn as killer and forget how to run common loops and just run in a panic half the time.
Why do you say that, though? Where did the number 10 come from?
The ranking system IS a strange beast, but if you got to red ranks as survivor, then you deserved to get there. Outside of cheating somehow, there's no other explanation. You fulfilled the criteria for reaching those ranks as the game presented them.
Remember matchmaking is poor too. If someone hits r1 but they mostly face 20-10s do they really deserve the 1? I'm r13 killer and I see 5s to 1s every other game.
Oh, I know. And I know a lot of survivors try to tip the matchmaking in their favor by bringing a low rank smurf into their red rank SWF, thus aiming to get easy pips versus baby killers.
It's why I do a lot of...shall we say..."low effort" games as Wraith. If someone is actually solo and appropriately ranked, they'll only benefit! If they're a rank 1 SWF bumhunting with a rank 20 in your lobby, they depip. Shame about that.
Yeah, though BHVR said they did change matchmaking to set the game to have low ranks get set up with the highest a fair bit ago. Who knows whether or not it actually works though.
I just don't feel all rounded anymore. My skill is definitely lacking.
Yeah, it took me a week to go from rank 20 to 7. Granted I've been red ranks before. But still kinda crazy.
That sounds completely expected if you were red rank in the past. That's exactly how a ranking system SHOULD work, you're pushed out of lower ranks and closer to your correct rank quickly.
Hell, if you're a pro SC2 player on a new account, you'll be in Masters within the evening. Just because the placements and MMR will want to shove you up as quick as it reasonably can.
The only real complaint seems to be that Rank 1 is a little "too easy" for competent players to reach. (A claim that I'm already a bit skeptical of.)
That's the thing. I'm not a good player. I can run a loop okay at best. I'm inconsistent with great skill checks. It's crazy that I'm able to reach red ranks without much effort.
But those criteria just aren't enough.
Red Ranks is supposed to be the place for the top players,but that just isn't the case right now.
The amount of inexperienced players at those ranks is absolutely shocking.
Honestly, people say that in every game that has a ranking system. Especially team games, where everyone at every rank says their teams were trash. ๐
If you're Rank 1 in DbD, you're displaying SOME level of consistent competency. You aren't just going to keep getting red rank pips if you're AFK, chilling in lockers, Blendetteing for the hatch every game, and so on.
It doesn't mean you're a top pro player - but neither does any online ranking in other games. (A GM-rank player online in SC2 will still get bopped without any trouble by the top pros. Many of the top players in SF5 by online points drown in pools every tournament. So on and so forth.)
Nope,i've seen survivors trying to hide in plain sight,avoiding pallets and windows like the plague,a meg that self cared while she was infected etc.
There was no level consistent competency.
Sure there was. The game demands it, they can't actually get pips by dying instantly or doing nothing.
It might not be up to your standard as a player, but the criteria is there. It's not a great criteria, but it's definitely there.