Let's argue: Sterotypical survivors/killers.

Long days and pleasant nights! Welcoming all hot takes, unpopular opinions and tough questions. Stereotype certain killers/survivors, by how some of them play. Remember, this is a stereotype, so it isn't facts, it is just how some people perceive certain players. Most players don't play like this. Survivor: Nancy always seems to be the cocky one who gets hooked first and kills herself on hook. Killer: Huntress seems to be that sweaty Kyle who chugs monster energy and makes 360 montages while using iridescent head.

Comments

  • Never trust a Meg, she will lead the killer to you if she ######### up by being too cocky.

    Claudette doesn't do anything useful. If the killer is camping, she'll stay crouched somewhere around the hook. If the killer isn't camping, she'll stay crouched somewhere else.

    Dwight is either a god or a noob. There is no middle ground.

  • Survivor

    Steve's tend to be some of the most annoying Survivors I've played with and face. Maybe it's how he is designed, but most players seem to also play really cocky with him which just gets infuriating as Killer but at least as Survivor, that gives me time to work on the objective while the Steve is focused on the Killer (and far away from me from becoming an annoyance.)

    Killer

    Hillbilly's who rely on One-Downs all the time tend to be much worse than they actually think they are, A Hillbilly who always one-downs is a noob stomper, but against a competent team he will be freaking wrecked. I'm mainly saying this because everytime I face a Billy like this my teammates started massively losing braincells and just lets him get his free down.

  • Meg: Crouches down like a sitting duck...just outside swinging distance...aaaaaaand she's off. Cloud of dust.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Meg: Crouches down like a sitting duck...just outside swinging distance...aaaaaaand she's off. Cloud of dust.

    Personally I prefer Survivors who has Sprint Burst tempting and baiting me to swing at them, knowing full well I have no plans on chasing them but instead chase the other Survivor who does not have Sprint Burst and is about to have a huge hole through their back.

  • Steve players who don't wear the Scoops outfit are monsters who deserve to be tunneled, who definitely don't deserve Nancy, and who secretly believe some nonsense thing like "Trapper is actually a good killer" or whatever.

  • Oh, and also, CLAUDETTE is a damn fine survivor of the highest caliber, especially in her blackberry skirt and choice of school jacket. She is especially amazing when she is keeping out of the killer's sight and ON-POINT, always working on gens and unhooking her allies safely, never running Self-Care or Urban Evasion, never hiding in lockers, and showing her teammates that aggressive stealth can be a really strong and pip-rich play style.

  • @Orion said:

    Never trust a Meg, she will lead the killer to you if she ######### up by being too cocky.

    Claudette doesn't do anything useful. If the killer is camping, she'll stay crouched somewhere around the hook. If the killer isn't camping, she'll stay crouched somewhere else.

    Dwight is either a god or a noob. There is no middle ground.

    Completely agree with you on Dwight. A Dwight will either do nothing, or be the core of the team.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    Survivor

    Steve's tend to be some of the most annoying Survivors I've played with and face. Maybe it's how he is designed, but most players seem to also play really cocky with him which just gets infuriating as Killer but at least as Survivor, that gives me time to work on the objective while the Steve is focused on the Killer (and far away from me from becoming an annoyance.)

    Killer

    Hillbilly's who rely on One-Downs all the time tend to be much worse than they actually think they are, A Hillbilly who always one-downs is a noob stomper, but against a competent team he will be freaking wrecked. I'm mainly saying this because everytime I face a Billy like this my teammates started massively losing braincells and just lets him get his free down.

    I agree on both. Steve is my favourite survivor, because of his cosmetics and I like stranger things, but most Steves play very cocky and annoying. Billy players usually think they are better than they actually are.

  • @Dr_Loomis said:

    Meg: Crouches down like a sitting duck...just outside swinging distance...aaaaaaand she's off. Cloud of dust.

    Also, Meg is that survivor who body blocks the hook and gets downed while carrying the survivor.

  • @Rydog said:

    Steve players who don't wear the Scoops outfit are monsters who deserve to be tunneled, who definitely don't deserve Nancy, and who secretly believe some nonsense thing like "Trapper is actually a good killer" or whatever.

    Yeah, anyone who doesn't wear scoops or the default outfit are usually very annoying or tryhard. Even as a now trapper main, I think he is a low tier killer.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    Survivor

    Steve's tend to be some of the most annoying Survivors I've played with and face. Maybe it's how he is designed, but most players seem to also play really cocky with him which just gets infuriating as Killer but at least as Survivor, that gives me time to work on the objective while the Steve is focused on the Killer (and far away from me from becoming an annoyance.)

    Killer

    Hillbilly's who rely on One-Downs all the time tend to be much worse than they actually think they are, A Hillbilly who always one-downs is a noob stomper, but against a competent team he will be freaking wrecked. I'm mainly saying this because everytime I face a Billy like this my teammates started massively losing braincells and just lets him get his free down.

    Ouch, I am sad now.

  • Not all Billy's are like this. Also I know this is off topic, but your name is funny.

  • Huntress mains are clearly just the best, most chill, and cool people in, like, the entire world. Obviously this is a purely objective observation.

    /s

    Seriously though I don't really have many stereotypes.

    One of my first ever games I got matched against a full Red Rank lobby (this was back in 2018). That didn't end well. I think I got one? I don't really remember.

    I do remember that almost all of them tbagged when I messed up and made sure to message me telling me I suck, that I should uninstall, go kill myself, shove a stick up my *ahem*, go back to the kitchen, etc.

    The one Survivor who didn't was a P3 Nea.

    They didn't tbag, they didn't taunt, and after the game was over they sent me an encouraging message, because I was a Rank 18 going up against three Rank 2s and a Rank 4 and they knew it couldn't have been fun.

    As I got into the game's community I learned that Nea is the poster child for toxicity and people who play her are universally douchebags.

    So yea, I think that colored my perceptions somewhat; I try never to assume anything based off cosmetics or characters.

  • Megs have a bad rep for being awful teammates and just plain potatoes, which is a shame as I am a Meg main mostly and I am nothing like the typical Meg player.

    Claudette’s are either super toxic and love chasing the killer around with a flashlight instead of doing anything useful for the rest of the team OR they travel around the map with Urban Evasion and wait for generators to be complete or the hatch to spawn.

    Steve, David and Ace players are normally extremely cocky and love trying to do anything they can to make the killer have a terrible gaming experience. Again, this is a shame as I play all of those characters and I’m not like that. But I feel like I get tunnelled a lot as those characters because of how most people play them. They definitely give most killers PTSD.

    Most Nea’s try their hardest to be No0b3 and fail miserably.

    Dwight is either a complete troll and will do stupid stuff like hiding in the basement to just teabag whilst you’re on the hook or they will be the first player found and killed. I feel like he attracts very noobish players.

    Freddy will teleport back to your hook to down you straight away. Tunnelling is his favourite hobby.

    Wraith will remain cloaked whilst somebody gets saved so he can down them instantly. His favourite place to hang around is by the hook.

    Once you’re trapped by the Pig it’s game over as she will follow you to every box to make sure you don’t get to remove it. You will either die by hook or your head will explode.

  • @TheLastGreatStar said:

    Megs have a bad rep for being awful teammates and just plain potatoes, which is a shame as I am a Meg main mostly and I am nothing like the typical Meg player.

    Claudette’s are either super toxic and love chasing the killer around with a flashlight instead of doing anything useful for the rest of the team OR they travel around the map with Urban Evasion and wait for generators to be complete or the hatch to spawn.

    Steve, David and Ace players are normally extremely cocky and love trying to do anything they can to make the killer have a terrible gaming experience. Again, this is a shame as I play all of those characters and I’m not like that. But I feel like I get tunnelled a lot as those characters because of how most people play them. They definitely give most killers PTSD.

    Most Nea’s try their hardest to be No0b3 and fail miserably.

    Dwight is either a complete troll and will do stupid stuff like hiding in the basement to just teabag whilst you’re on the hook or they will be the first player found and killed. I feel like he attracts very noobish players.

    Freddy will teleport back to your hook to down you straight away. Tunnelling is his favourite hobby.

    Wraith will remain cloaked whilst somebody gets saved so he can down them instantly. His favourite place to hang around is by the hook.

    Once you’re trapped by the Pig it’s game over as she will follow you to every box to make sure you don’t get to remove it. You will either die by hook or your head will explode.

    I agree with you on Nea, it is so annoying seeing a Nea in game, t bagging at pallets and trying to flashlight save. Then that Nea proves to be such a phony, they go down easily.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1325110#Comment_1325110

    I agree with you on Nea, it is so annoying seeing a Nea in game, t bagging at pallets and trying to flashlight save. Then that Nea proves to be such a phony, they go down easily.

    Obviously they’re all just stereotypes as not every player plays like the way I described. But I see so many Nea players who think they are the next No0b3 and it’s so embarrassing. I’ll never understand the concept of chasing the killer around and not doing a single objective. Maybe play a different game? Haha.

  • @TheLastGreatStar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1325118#Comment_1325118

    Obviously they’re all just stereotypes as not every player plays like the way I described. But I see so many Nea players who think they are the next No0b3 and it’s so embarrassing. I’ll never understand the concept of chasing the killer around and not doing a single objective. Maybe play a different game? Haha.

    I couldn't have put it better.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1325081#Comment_1325081

    Not all Billy's are like this. Also I know this is off topic, but your name is funny.

    It is quite true though. I can stomp people easily around my rank but I can't do anything against better players. And I also use decreased charge-time addons to down people in one hit. Maybe with more hours I can turn from a noob stomper to actually competent Billy.

    Thanks, I quite like my name too.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1325081#Comment_1325081

    Not all Billy's are like this. Also I know this is off topic, but your name is funny.

    It is quite true though. I can stomp people easily around my rank but I can't do anything against better players. And I also use decreased charge-time addons to down people in one hit. Maybe with more hours I can turn from a noob stomper to actually competent Billy.

    Thanks, I quite like my name too.

  • @MusicNerd_TC said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1325110#Comment_1325110

    I agree with you on Nea, it is so annoying seeing a Nea in game, t bagging at pallets and trying to flashlight save. Then that Nea proves to be such a phony, they go down easily.

    Personally I feel like Feng Min overtook Nea for "most likely to be toxic" a while ago. Most Neas I run into aren't actively being toxic, Feng Min it's a coin flip it feels like.

  • Blendettes are the real killers.

    Freddy players have no chill.

    For every 5 Megs there is only one brain for them to share, which is the reason why so many of them play like bots.

    Nancys are like a cross-species between Megs and Blendettes

  • @Rydog said:

    Oh, and also, CLAUDETTE is a damn fine survivor of the highest caliber, especially in her blackberry skirt and choice of school jacket. She is especially amazing when she is keeping out of the killer's sight and ON-POINT, always working on gens and unhooking her allies safely, never running Self-Care or Urban Evasion, never hiding in lockers, and showing her teammates that aggressive stealth can be a really strong and pip-rich play style.

    I dd all that WITH Self-Care and the pants, not the skirt.

  • There are 3 types of Pig players:

    - Those who trap-tunnel. Thanks for boosting the stats so we can't get the buffs we need and ruining our reputations, you idiots.

    - Memers. BoOp Da SnOoT! Seriously, you're the most torture-based killer in the game and you don't act in it.

    - True Jigsaw Disciples. If you have versed a good Pig, then you know. Once that first trap is placed, it's all downhill from there. One by one you will all cycle hooks until you're all dead. Frantically rushing to remove the trap or debating if you should complete the generator to give others time. Live or die, make your choice.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    There are 3 types of Pig players:

    - Those who trap-tunnel. Thanks for boosting the stats so we can't get the buffs we need and ruining our reputations, you idiots.

    - Memers. BoOp Da SnOoT! Seriously, you're the most torture-based killer in the game and you don't act in it.

    - True Jigsaw Disciples. If you have versed a good Pig, then you know. Once that first trap is placed, it's all downhill from there. One by one you will all cycle hooks until you're all dead. Frantically rushing to remove the trap or debating if you should complete the generator to give others time. Live or die, make your choice.

    What if you're a Pig who runs every insta-down perk ever (MYC, NOED, HG, Rancor) to put the fear of the Entity into the survivors?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1325467#Comment_1325467

    What if you're a Pig who runs every insta-down perk ever (MYC, NOED, HG, Rancor) to put the fear of the Entity into the survivors?

    Then you'd better be a god at tracking, because every time I've played Pig without detection or regression has been a nightmare.

  • Legions don't actually want to win

    They just want to make the biggest frenzy chain hit possible

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    Legions don't actually want to win

    They just want to make the biggest frenzy chain hit possible

    I agree, they just want to injure survivors constantly so they can pip.

  • Mikes and Trappers love Kates and tunnel them. Spoken from experience. :P

    Doctors and Kates really BOND in pallet loops, they feel a connection. Again, spoken from experience lol, I always like Doctors chasing me, since we end up messing around lol.

    Bald Dwights are always good and toxic.

    Quentins like to meme around.

  • @Poweas said:

    Mikes and Trappers love Kates and tunnel them. Spoken from experience. :P

    Doctors and Kates really BOND in pallet loops, they feel a connection. Again, spoken from experience lol, I always like Doctors chasing me, since we end up messing around lol.

    Bald Dwights are always good and toxic.

    Quentins like to meme around.

    I think the Quentin meme originated from Yerv, lol.

  • Hot take: "Chase killers" are actually pretty braindead and boring to play or even go against because of their typical way to play.

    Here's a Hillbilly, he's going to prioritise his saw. Here's a Nurse, she's going to blink behind the cover I'm at. Here's Plague and she'll just puke until broken.


    Rarely used killers, like Trapper, Legion and Clown are actually interesting to verse because you don't know WHAT that masochist will try to do.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    Hot take: "Chase killers" are actually pretty braindead and boring to play or even go against because of their typical way to play.

    Here's a Hillbilly, he's going to prioritise his saw. Here's a Nurse, she's going to blink behind the cover I'm at. Here's Plague and she'll just puke until broken.

    Rarely used killers, like Trapper, Legion and Clown are actually interesting to verse because you don't know WHAT that masochist will try to do.

    Clown is a chase killer though?

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    Hot take: "Chase killers" are actually pretty braindead and boring to play or even go against because of their typical way to play.

    Here's a Hillbilly, he's going to prioritise his saw. Here's a Nurse, she's going to blink behind the cover I'm at. Here's Plague and she'll just puke until broken.

    Rarely used killers, like Trapper, Legion and Clown are actually interesting to verse because you don't know WHAT that masochist will try to do.

    I agree, chase killers are the best killers if I am trying to look at it objectively, but god are they boring to play. I love playing the worse killers like trapper actually.