P3ing takes much less than getting all t3 perks

To be honest, I don't understand people who say that prestiging costs THAT much time and bloodpoints. If you compare the time you waste on P3 to the time you waste on getting all tier 3 perks, prestiging looks really cheap by that point.

Comments

  • @Dehitay said:

    Dang, I'm honestly surprised that even with new prestige rewards being hinted at, this many people still seem so sure about not prestiging their characters. As long as you don't mind the risk of it actually being something good, I guess not prestiging does save you bloodpoints and help get to tier 3 perks faster. But most people who have looked into everything about bloodwebs will tell you that prestige rewards have changed before and there's no garuntee that they won't change again. And now there's a very strong chance that they'll be changing soon. Sure, the bloody cosmetics are far from the best cosmetics for most characters, but even if you're not into those cosmetics or completion, you still have to take into consideration the possibility of prestige rewards changing again when considering whether or not to prestige.

    I'm thinking they will announce the rewards a bit ahead of time, or release them and give X amount of weeks to get them. They may even stick around forever. If they are good, and I want them I could easily power level one survivor and the few killers I actually play full time.

  • I would assume that they're saying it because the two aren't mutually exclusive. You'd still go for all perks after prestiging, you'd have just spent a few million BP to get that point.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328205#Comment_1328205

    I'm thinking they will announce the rewards a bit ahead of time, or release them and give X amount of weeks to get them. They may even stick around forever. If they are good, and I want them I could easily power level one survivor and the few killers I actually play full time.

    I get the feeling it won't be a one time reward. I feel as if it will be something to replace the old increased bloodweb item rarity that they took off last time. Maybe something like nodes are 5% cheaper for a character for each prestige level they have. But who knows what it will be or if they actually even will do anything.

  • @Dehitay said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328210#Comment_1328210

    I get the feeling it won't be a one time reward. I feel as if it will be something to replace the old increased bloodweb item rarity that they took off last time. Maybe something like nodes are 5% cheaper for a character for each prestige level they have. But who knows what it will be or if they actually even will do anything.

    I was thinking it would be cosmetic, but just guessing honestly. That would be weird because prestige is already a cosmetic thing but I guess they did it with legacy before. What about the option to change colors of your outfit?

    All I know Is if it’s charms that’s a huge letdown

  • you've got to do both though.


    you're right in the regard that P3ing really isnt that difficult / time consuming, but its extra work nontheless, so combined with the already existing grind of getting all perks, its just too much for most people

  • @Peanits said:

    I would assume that they're saying it because the two aren't mutually exclusive. You'd still go for all perks after prestiging, you'd have just spent a few million BP to get that point.

    They aren’t exclusive BUT once you get all the perks and have a stockpile of addons and offerings prestige feels hard to pull the trigger on.

    Honestly the design team is AMAZING and they’ve released at least one if not five outfits for everyone I play that I like more than the bloody clothes. So kudos to them

  • @Seiko300 said:

    I never understood getting all T3 perks without prestiging either. It feels like a new movement from the newer generations of players who can't or don't want to deal with the grind of 2020 with all the content we've received almost 4 years later, so yeah, in a sense prestiging is a much greater task than it was way back when.

    However, even if it is, it still feels hella incomplete if you T3 perks without prestiging. Prestiging gives you a greater likelihood of rarer items in your bloodwebs there is a direct benefit beyond the P3 outfit pieces you get after every prestige. Especially if that character is your main and you play them frequently, if you T3 all perks and later down the line you decide to P3 you will have wasted a TON of bloodpoints and time.

    It's even worse because then you're getting all perks, eventually deciding to P3, and then get all perks.

    And I mean, think about it this way, if you P3 there is NOTHING left to do afterward. There is no P4, once you make it to P3 you're good and you get the benefit of everything. It's the end of the line so to speak, now you all you need to do is maintain your character with add-ons, offerings, etc.

    and I mean, since you're playing DBD why not? There's no compaign, not everyone likes the diversity of the challenges of the archives, so why not give yourself your own goals? Like P3-ing certain and specific characters you enjoy.

    Progression in strictly PVP games has turned the MP experience from a focus on getting better, learning map knowledge, and the like into a never-ending race to have the best gear at all times with the rest of everything taking a back-seat to progression


    PVP never started with progression that was a COD thing

  • They should introduce a PRESTIGE 4 so you can unlock a GOLD outift for each character.

    Survivors will have a gold top and pants.

    Killers will get a gold weapon and full body (since killers have different outfit layouts).

  • Lol ok buddy

    image.png

    Lol

    True facts

    @BlueFang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1324222#Comment_1324222

    Progression in strictly PVP games has turned the MP experience from a focus on getting better, learning map knowledge, and the like into a never-ending race to have the best gear at all times with the rest of everything taking a back-seat to progression

    PVP never started with progression that was a COD thing

    I've never played COD, I don't care for COD, and I always thought it was a stupid bandwagon. So I won't pretend like I fully understand the analogy, but I get where you're going.

    At the same time though, the devs have balanced (most) perks in such a way that the Tier 1 version is still for the most part viable even in comparison to the tier 3 version. Dead By Daylight doesn't have "gear" that directly boosts your stats and such to make you an objectively more dangerous threat, you have builds and loadouts that favor certain strategies, plays, and playstyles. For survivors you can still most definitely thrash a killer without any perks at all. As (certain killers) like Nurse or Spirit you also have the potential to completely trash survivors, although it definitely is more difficult.

  • I didn’t think this game would ever have the addictive play time I thought it would originally. I came in think oh cool spooky game I can play with some random killers awesome just what I was looking for. I played a bit but it really HOOKED me :D. In all seriousness when franchises started to come on that was another thing to stay and play since there’s no games of Halloween or saw where you are the pig let alone multiplayer and more franchises plus new killers. After grinding away getting all the perks after awhile I realized this game is amazing and addictive but to prestige now is useless.

    All killers and survivors for me have all perks and only prestige 3 is my nea where I noticed it was just a number with bloody clothes. Considering the time it took me to get here prestiging all killers would be terrible since I have all perks at tier 3 and on top of this half the cosmetics both able to pay for or even just earn are way cooler than the bloody cosmetics themselves.

    In summation, I just have cooler clothes over prestige for almost every character. I was thinking recently pyramid head may be my first with how cool he looks with his prestige but recently heard that they are allowing dbd to have cosmetics for pyramid head as long as it stays true to character similar to demogorgon so now I may not do that. The day I start prestiging them is if they make it so there is no tiers on the perks because although still a grind it will be a matter of about 1/3 the millions of points it costs.

  • Or just pay the like 10$ help support BHVR, the price of the dlcs really isn’t that much money.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1324329#Comment_1324329

    Lol ok buddy

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/DYX5XFYJEAS4/image.png

    Lol

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1324331#Comment_1324331

    True facts

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328272#Comment_1328272

    I've never played COD, I don't care for COD, and I always thought it was a stupid bandwagon. So I won't pretend like I fully understand the analogy, but I get where you're going.

    At the same time though, the devs have balanced (most) perks in such a way that the Tier 1 version is still for the most part viable even in comparison to the tier 3 version. Dead By Daylight doesn't have "gear" that directly boosts your stats and such to make you an objectively more dangerous threat, you have builds and loadouts that favor certain strategies, plays, and playstyles. For survivors you can still most definitely thrash a killer without any perks at all. As (certain killers) like Nurse or Spirit you also have the potential to completely trash survivors, although it definitely is more difficult.

    lol

  • I used to P3, then i didn't find it worth it to sink BP into characters i'll only touch for Rituals & Tome Challenges.

  • @Dead_by_Gadfly said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1324283#Comment_1324283

    It takes longer for me to grind out that 8k shards and/or 650k bps than it does for me to make 10 dollars to spend on dlc. So for me st least, the 650k bps is more valuable. So spending the 8k on bps just makes more sense, for me I know not everyones in that situation

    Yeah, I know this is a personal thing and I can't tell other people how to feel but I'm with you. Reminds me of World of Warcraft, people would literally spend 100 hours a month to earn "free tokens," for their subs... again I would rather pay the $15 but time and money are worth different things depending on your situation I guess.

  • I dunno, I've never really been into mechanics like that.

    I'm already really finicky about time spent, to just throw a bucket of it away like that for no reason would be weird.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    I don't care about the cosmetics, there is no other reward at the moment, so why would I ever prestige a character? I have a grand total of P1 Kate for the bloody shirt. Only prestige cosmetic I wanted. No prestiged killers, no other prestiged survivors. It's too many wasted bloodpoints for no real reward except completionism.

    Eventually you will float in bps at one point tho

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1324303#Comment_1324303

    Yeah, I know this is a personal thing and I can't tell other people how to feel but I'm with you. Reminds me of World of Warcraft, people would literally spend 100 hours a month to earn "free tokens," for their subs... again I would rather pay the $15 but time and money are worth different things depending on your situation I guess.

    It's a mindset thing.

    "If your paying to skip parts of the grind because you don't enjoy the grind then you shouldn't be playing" -some Wiseman on my freindslist


    "Unlocking lvls or characters in the game is part of the game however the effort is paying means you haven't earned it"


    When I made the pay increase at work and realized that If I just stay late alittle the night before the dlc comes out that staying late pays for it and skips the grind completely i had alot of these talks

  • As I already stated, I'm not a completionist. I don't need to get achievements, I don't need worthless cosmetics, and I don't need to see 'III' above a character's name. There is no other benefit to prestiging at this time, as has been proven. And it's DBD, you're never swimming in BP. I have been playing this game for over a year and still don't have every perk on a single character. If I was wasting my time prestiging every character I would be even worse off.

  • @emptyCups said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328747#Comment_1328747

    It's a mindset thing.

    "If your paying to skip parts of the grind because you don't enjoy the grind then you shouldn't be playing" -some Wiseman on my freindslist

    "Unlocking lvls or characters in the game is part of the game however the effort is paying means you haven't earned it"

    When I made the pay increase at work and realized that If I just stay late alittle the night before the dlc comes out that staying late pays for it and skips the grind completely i had alot of these talks

    Interesting quotes, I enjoy this discussion really. I would say i enjoy the grind actually. Right now I have all perks on all killers and all survivor perks unlocked, also have all perks on about 5-6 survivors which is fine because I only play Meg, Kate and Steve really.

    Yet I’m still playing and grinding points versus because I enjoy it, just for me rather than prestige my huntress I’d rather stick up on extra hatchets addons... I have a mix match outfit I really enjoy on her I would never swap to bloody anyways.

  • With the amount of perks in the game, they should just remove perk tiers

  • @snick said:

    With the amount of perks in the game, they should just remove perk tiers

    Or drop it to 2? Heck start every killer with level 1 of all perks and make us earn 2-3

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1328949#Comment_1328949

    As I already stated, I'm not a completionist. I don't need to get achievements, I don't need worthless cosmetics, and I don't need to see 'III' above a character's name. There is no other benefit to prestiging at this time, as has been proven. And it's DBD, you're never swimming in BP. I have been playing this game for over a year and still don't have every perk on a single character. If I was wasting my time prestiging every character I would be even worse off.

    You might do something wrong then. 1 year is more than enough time to get one fully decked out survivor and killer with tons of items and addons.

    Also, devs recently announced new prestige rewards. And just IMAGINE devs would cut off the grind like they did in 2016 and just IMAGINE they would give awesome cosmetics or something else like they did with legacy.

    I get your point tho, but all I'm saying is that you should have more than enough bp to p3 at least a few of your mains. Would be sad if you miss out on cool rewards. Cuz as more you invest into a character beyond level 50 but still on prestige 0 the more it's going to be waste of bloodpoints when you change your mind and want to prestige

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1329133#Comment_1329133

    You might do something wrong then. 1 year is more than enough time to get one fully decked out survivor and killer with tons of items and addons.

    Also, devs recently announced new prestige rewards. And just IMAGINE devs would cut off the grind like they did in 2016 and just IMAGINE they would give awesome cosmetics or something else like they did with legacy.

    I get your point tho, but all I'm saying is that you should have more than enough bp to p3 at least a few of your mains. Would be sad if you miss out on cool rewards. Cuz as more you invest into a character beyond level 50 but still on prestige 0 the more it's going to be waste of bloodpoints when you change your mind and want to prestige

    I agree about the point, once you’re past 50 the more you spend the more you risk giving up if you ever prestige.

    However if legacy is just another cosmetic I wouldn’t be sad missing it, if it was cool enough I’d want it on my Meg and my Huntress, I play multiple survivors and all killers but those are my “mains.” However sooo many people are P3 now the new legacy or whatever would’ve be that rare

  • @Seiko300 said:

    I never understood getting all T3 perks without prestiging either. It feels like a new movement from the newer generations of players who can't or don't want to deal with the grind of 2020 with all the content we've received almost 4 years later, so yeah, in a sense prestiging is a much greater task than it was way back when.

    However, even if it is, it still feels hella incomplete if you T3 perks without prestiging. Prestiging gives you a greater likelihood of rarer items in your bloodwebs there is a direct benefit beyond the P3 outfit pieces you get after every prestige. Especially if that character is your main and you play them frequently, if you T3 all perks and later down the line you decide to P3 you will have wasted a TON of bloodpoints and time.

    It's even worse because then you're getting all perks, eventually deciding to P3, and then get all perks.

    And I mean, think about it this way, if you P3 there is NOTHING left to do afterward. There is no P4, once you make it to P3 you're good and you get the benefit of everything. It's the end of the line so to speak, now you all you need to do is maintain your character with add-ons, offerings, etc.

    and I mean, since you're playing DBD why not? There's no compaign, not everyone likes the diversity of the challenges of the archives, so why not give yourself your own goals? Like P3-ing certain and specific characters you enjoy.

    I got my main survivors and killers to p3 first as well as all perks. Now I'm working on p3ing the rest of the killers.

  • Prestiging seems pretty silly when cosmetic options exist. If your only options were Default or Bloody, I could understand the investment, but usually there's something more fun to dress up your character with.

    For me, the priority goes All Teachables Unlocked -> All Perks on my favorite characters -> All perks on every killer -> All perks on every survivor -> Big stockpile of my favorite addons -> Maybe someday, if I'm sitting on 1 million BP with all perks on everyone, I'll prestige someone.

  • @Kabu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1324222#Comment_1324222

    I got my main survivors and killers to p3 first as well as all perks. Now I'm working on p3ing the rest of the killers.

    Basically what I'm doing rn

    I have Ghostface and Freddy at P3 and a few other killers at P1 or P2 but I'm currently working on getting my Deathslinger to P3 / all T3, after that Oni, then Trapper, Hillbilly, and somewhere along the line Clown (I have 33 Pustula Petals from last year's halloween even that I don't want to get rid of on Clown, so I haven't prestiged him on purpose to preserve those offerings) and basically work my way down the line of killers I enjoy playing as.

    Funny how you only need to P3 / All T3 one survivor to get everything any and all survivors have to offer, but you gotta do that for every single killer specifically.

  • Why would I dump all my perks and old/event items into oblivion for a pair of ugly cosmetics that I'm never going to use?

  • I'm honestly shocked I don't see killers/survivors using bloodpoint perks more often.

  • @ytduh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1320362#Comment_1320362

    i agree for most parts, but you can't say p3 is optional when it having minor buff on your bloodweb

    if you play that character again and again.. you know

    Of course it's optional, no one is forcing you to do it. It is true that the chance of rare items spawning is higher, but between the difference being negligible at best and the fact that not all rare items are even objectively better than their more common counterparts, it's not really worth factoring in against the monstrous grind involved.

  • @ytduh said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1320362#Comment_1320362

    i agree for most parts, but you can't say p3 is optional when it having minor buff on your bloodweb

    if you play that character again and again.. you know

    People have tested this the different is negligible, on my killers that aren’t prestige I still have tons of the ultra rares. If you watch Ralph stream he even explains one some killers the change is actually a bad thjng, for example Huntress has less chance to get oak haft because it’s yellow

  • @Heartbound said:

    I'm honestly shocked I don't see killers/survivors using bloodpoint perks more often.

    Or offerings, I have so many games when no one uses offerings and I’ll watch streamers play without even though they literally have hundreds of the brown blood point offerings on each killer. Why not just take the extra 1-2k

  • @DwightOP said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1329133#Comment_1329133

    You might do something wrong then. 1 year is more than enough time to get one fully decked out survivor and killer with tons of items and addons.

    Also, devs recently announced new prestige rewards. And just IMAGINE devs would cut off the grind like they did in 2016 and just IMAGINE they would give awesome cosmetics or something else like they did with legacy.

    I get your point tho, but all I'm saying is that you should have more than enough bp to p3 at least a few of your mains. Would be sad if you miss out on cool rewards. Cuz as more you invest into a character beyond level 50 but still on prestige 0 the more it's going to be waste of bloodpoints when you change your mind and want to prestige

    I don't "main". I find it incredibly boring to play 1 character all the time. I have the cast, I play the cast. Right now I am levelling Huntress, Oni, Ghostface, Plague, Legion, Demogorgon, Myers, Deathslinger, Hag, Billy, Trapper, Pig, Kate, Yui, and Dwight, and I refuse to grind BP because it's ######### awful and makes me want to scrape my brain out through my ears to stop the pain. It is a serious issue that long time players don't have to deal with, though I would like to point out that I wouldn't exactly consider a year to be a short time.

    And to be honest, I doubt the prestige rewards will be that great, because if they are it's a giant slap to the people that didn't want to waste time prestiging. Sure, it's nice for completionist to have more than a bloody outfit, but if prestiging changes anything about the game other than cosmetics or BP gain they are going to lose a huge chunk of their playerbase who just got disadvantaged because they didn't grind and are now forced to to remain "competitive". For example, right now prestiging (incorrectly) states that you get better bloodwebs. If they change that statement to be true, and double the rates/ultra-rares, that's most of the playerbase they just screwed over, because suddenly completionist and long-time players are being rewarded for what was initially a personal goal, while "recent" players that don't have several hours a day for DBD are being essentially cut off and having all of their previous grinding made redundant. Not cool.

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1329487#Comment_1329487

    I don't "main". I find it incredibly boring to play 1 character all the time. I have the cast, I play the cast. Right now I am levelling Huntress, Oni, Ghostface, Plague, Legion, Demogorgon, Myers, Deathslinger, Hag, Billy, Trapper, Pig, Kate, Yui, and Dwight, and I refuse to grind BP because it's ######### awful and makes me want to scrape my brain out through my ears to stop the pain. It is a serious issue that long time players don't have to deal with, though I would like to point out that I wouldn't exactly consider a year to be a short time.

    And to be honest, I doubt the prestige rewards will be that great, because if they are it's a giant slap to the people that didn't want to waste time prestiging. Sure, it's nice for completionist to have more than a bloody outfit, but if prestiging changes anything about the game other than cosmetics or BP gain they are going to lose a huge chunk of their playerbase who just got disadvantaged because they didn't grind and are now forced to to remain "competitive". For example, right now prestiging (incorrectly) states that you get better bloodwebs. If they change that statement to be true, and double the rates/ultra-rares, that's most of the playerbase they just screwed over, because suddenly completionist and long-time players are being rewarded for what was initially a personal goal, while "recent" players that don't have several hours a day for DBD are being essentially cut off and having all of their previous grinding made redundant. Not cool.

    I don’t think it’ll be any in game advantage, if it is you’re right people will be upset enough to leave.

1 2 ›