soo are legendary skins gonna be 20$ ?

Will legendary skins cost 20 bucks?

In a game like r6 thats the usually price for a legendary skin that changes the character, I am wondering if it's gonna be the same case for dbd since legendary skins will also change the looks and how the characters plays

It cannot be the same price as the purple skins soo it must be up, but how high will they go? 15?20 bucks?

Comments

  • How do they change the way a character plays? I must have missed that part.

  • Will there be legendary outfits for shards?

  • Probably auric cells only and yea around 20$ in my opinion

  • @Demonl3y said:

    Will there be legendary outfits for shards?


    Don't thinks so.It seems that legendary skins seem to be tied to licensed chapters.

  • You might be on to something here.

    I would've loved to say how it'd be so silly to pay more money for an alt of an existing character than for the character itself, but all the VR skins for said characters already cost twice as much as they do.

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    Will legendary skins cost 20 bucks?

    In a game like r6 thats the usually price for a legendary skin that changes the character, I am wondering if it's gonna be the same case for dbd since legendary skins will also change the looks and how the characters plays

    It cannot be the same price as the purple skins soo it must be up, but how high will they go? 15?20 bucks?

    We just have to wait.They normally release all the skins for the new characters on the PTB 1 week after it started

  • I'm hoping the new Legendary Skin cosmetic type is unlocked via Devotion.

    The first one for Lisa Garland will simply require Devotion 1, as it will be awarded to a majority of players whom haven't no-lifed the game.

    Subsequent skins will require more and more Devotion, but players should have the time to work toward higher Devotion levels, as it may take a good length of time between each Legendary Skin release (whether intentional or not).

  • @Nos37 said:

    I'm hoping the new Legendary Skin cosmetic type is unlocked via Devotion.

    The first one for Lisa Garland will simply require Devotion 1, as it will be awarded to a majority of players whom haven't no-lifed the game.

    Subsequent skins will require more and more Devotion, but players should have the time to work toward higher Devotion levels, as it may take a good length of time between each Legendary Skin release (whether intentional or not).

    wait… is devotion 1 a lot?

  • I would guess they'll be as expensive as the licensed cosmetics, maybe slightly more? So probably $12-14. $20 would be nonsense and they'd probably sell like 50 tops lol

  • I think people might pay more than that for someone like James. But Lisa Garland? Doubtful

  • $15-$20 yep

    I don't think anyone is taking into consideration that this "new character" won't require a bloodpoint grind in the same way that Joey Legion doesn't require another grind if you've grinded out Frank Legion's perks.

    ...cash grab lol

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    $15-$20 yep

    I don't think anyone is taking into consideration that this "new character" won't require a bloodpoint grind in the same way that Joey Legion doesn't require another grind if you've grinded out Frank Legion's perks.

    ...cash grab lol

    Its not at all a cash grab its a way to include characters from previous already done franchises without making a whole chapter dedicated to them. Personally I love this idea but if you hate it to each their own I suppose.

  • He either means level 1 like you haven't even played the game,or 1 as in 100.

  • Yeah that sound about right lol

  • I reeeeeeeeeeeeally hope their not 20 bucks. 10 bucks is already pushing it imo, but I guess we'll see. According to one dev, they are certainly tied to some form of currency, but I didn't get an answer on what kind.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    I think people might pay more than that for someone like James. But Lisa Garland? Doubtful

    Never bought a skin on this game ever. I'm a fan of Lisa though. I would consider it. There's always someone that will buy something for a game, regardless of price,or value,if it's considered special. Thing could be $1000 and you'd get a few people to buy it. I used to be surprised,I'm not anymore. Even $10 or 20k shards sounds insane to me,personally (think it takes like 40 ish levels to get 9k,so we are talking hours of time), and I've seen so many Bunny Fengs it's unreal. If they do the classic Lisa,I think it'd be more interesting than James,who is sorta generic. I get your point though. It's a main character from a game as opposed to a side character.

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    I reeeeeeeeeeeeally hope their not 20 bucks. 10 bucks is already pushing it imo, but I guess we'll see. According to one dev, they are certainly tied to some form of currency, but I didn't get an answer on what kind.

    Id pay 20 bucks for Nancy Thompson 🤷‍♂️

  • I'd only pay 20 bucks for Hopp or Joyce. Can't even deny, but that's still a push!

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309167#Comment_1309167

    I'd only pay 20 bucks for Hopp or Joyce. Can't even deny, but that's still a push!

    Hopp or Joyce?

  • @MyersxKate said:

    I barely buy a few skins I like at 10$. Theres no way I'd fork 20 for a skin. 15 maybe, 20 is way too much

    That's what I'm saying. $10 is already pretty pricey for a single skin in a game with tons of paid DLC. Now we're gonna get even more expensive cosmetics? lol

    The sad part is, you know the community will eat it up and buy 'em anyway.

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    Will legendary skins cost 20 bucks?

    In a game like r6 thats the usually price for a legendary skin that changes the character, I am wondering if it's gonna be the same case for dbd since legendary skins will also change the looks and how the characters plays

    It cannot be the same price as the purple skins soo it must be up, but how high will they go? 15?20 bucks?

    20$ is definitely not within the price range of Dead by Daylight, the most expensive piece of content in DBD is the Stranger Things chapter which is 11.99$ USD and only because it offers three characters as opposed to the typical 2.

    The word "Legendary" does not warrant such a sharp increase in price, although I do expect they will be uniquely priced. Depending on the legendary skin I expect that you would probably only be able to buy them for auric cells since they are basically characters themselves, that or they will be marked up in high price to grind for iridescent shards.

    But nowhere near 20$, that's literally the price of the base game itself and there's no amount of twisting of logic and words that anybody could say to make that worthwhile when you can buy entire characters that actually have perks for 7$

  • I think the legendary Skins will be about 720 - 1200 Auric cells and only purchasable in store.

  • Ha...I bought some games (from my country currency to USD) for 15$.

    20$ for a skin...?

  • @Thatbrownmonster said:

    Will legendary skins cost 20 bucks?

    In a game like r6 thats the usually price for a legendary skin that changes the character, I am wondering if it's gonna be the same case for dbd since legendary skins will also change the looks and how the characters plays

    It cannot be the same price as the purple skins soo it must be up, but how high will they go? 15?20 bucks?

    I'm pretty sure it'll be separate DLC that has too be bought, since Silent Hill has 2 DLC spots on steam.

  • And just when you thought the outfits were already overpriced lmao.

    Honestly I hope that instead of auric cells they instead have GAMEPLAY requirements so there are GOALS to achieve said items. That is the stuff people actually want. Goals outside of do X for some BP.

  • @Dead_by_chrissy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309089#Comment_1309089

    Its not at all a cash grab its a way to include characters from previous already done franchises without making a whole chapter dedicated to them. Personally I love this idea but if you hate it to each their own I suppose.

    exactly rather than creating a new set of perks and a whole chapter they can just make the character and put them in the game

  • @Dead_by_chrissy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309089#Comment_1309089

    Its not at all a cash grab its a way to include characters from previous already done franchises without making a whole chapter dedicated to them. Personally I love this idea but if you hate it to each their own I suppose.

    It is if they end up not having An Unique Voice And Animations