Killer Adepts Should Require Ruthless Victories

When you compare the earn rates of survivor and killer adept achievements/trophies, you'll notice the that the survivor adepts have been earned by more people. Why? Because unlike killer adepts where you have to double pip with their three unique perks, survivors only have to escape with the three unique perks of the character. You could escape through hatch and depip, but still get the trophy. Lowering the requirements that killer adepts have would make the trophies not seem like a waste of time as they would be easier.

If you don't agree with that, then survivors should be forced to double pip as well, instead of simply escaping.

Of course, current adepts can't be modified, but going forward, all future chapters should reduce the requirements for killer adepts from merciless victories to ruthless victories, or increase the requirements for survivor adepts from escaping to double pipping.

Comments

  • Ruthless Victories have the same problems as Merciless Victories - it gets artificially harder only because someone is playing in Red Ranks. Sure, a Pip-Game is easier than a Double-Pip, but still...

    I say it since months, 4 Sacrifices. No Moris, no DCs, no Pips needed. Just 4 Sacrifices. This is fair, compared to the Survivor Adepts.

  • merciless victory and double pipping are very different tho. Got an adept trapper with a black pip.

  • @Predated said:

    merciless victory and double pipping are very different tho. Got an adept trapper with a black pip.

    That's literally impossible without hacking.

    Entity Displeased - Depip

    Brutal Killer - Safety Pip

    Ruthless Killer - Single Pip

    Merciless Killer - Double Pip

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301218#Comment_1301218

    That's literally impossible.

    Entity Diseased - Depip

    Brutal Killer - Safety Pip

    Ruthless Killer - Single Pip

    Merciless Killer - Double Pip

    Adepts required 4 Kills at some point. So a Blackpip and Adept is possible.

  • Killer Adepts should just be sacrifice all 4 survivors in a match while using their unique perks. Not kills, so you can't just cheese it with a mori, and it isn't arbitrarily difficult because you have to prolong the game, just a simple test of skill with the killer and their 3 perks.

  • i can get ruthless victories with very little effort since you just have to do good, merciless requires you to destroy the survivors in all aspects expect for how many gens are left.

    which to you sounds like it deserves an achievement?

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    i can get ruthless victories with very little effort since you just have to do good, merciless requires you to destroy the survivors in all aspects expect for how many gens are left.

    which to you sounds like it deserves an achievement?

    If you think that, then survivors should be forced to repair every generator and escape through the gate, rather than just get a lucky hatch find.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301222#Comment_1301222

    Adepts required 4 Kills at some point. So a Blackpip and Adept is possible.

    I definitely wasn't around for that. But then what was the point in changing them?

  • It's fine as survivors since double pipping or even getting close to 30k bp is ridicules compared to getting merciless as killer, the reason is simply because you have to do everything from interacting with the killer to healing others and as certain survivors their perks make this very unreasonable especially when most survivors are not fit to do everything.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301233#Comment_1301233

    If you think that, then survivors should be forced to repair every generator and escape through the gate, rather than just get a lucky hatch find.

    the point is for them is to escape with what they have not because they got a team that got far enough to escape by gates.

    like bill's perk left behind is literally meant for that...

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301236#Comment_1301236

    the point is for them is to escape with what they have not because they got a team that got far enough to escape by gates.

    like bill's perk left behind is literally meant for that...

    What I'm getting at is survivor adepts are laughably easily compared to killer adepts.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301248#Comment_1301248

    What I'm getting at is survivor adepts are laughably easily compared to killer adepts.

    but they are also more dependent on luck, the killer can easily decide to go after only you or your team can just suck. the adepts focus on what the MAIN goal of each side is.

    killers have to kill everyone by using their abilities to their best

    survivors have to survive by using their perks even if it means barley getting by with the hatch.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301253#Comment_1301253

    but they are also more dependent on luck, the killer can easily decide to go after only you or your team can just suck. the adepts focus on what the MAIN goal of each side is.

    killers have to kill everyone by using their abilities to their best

    survivors have to survive by using their perks even if it means barley getting by with the hatch.

    Then just take the 4K recommendations from up above.

  • either way it doesn't matter, if you have to escape by only gates a well organized swf could do that easily so nothing changes by changing how you get that adept

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301227#Comment_1301227

    I definitely wasn't around for that. But then what was the point in changing them?

    A question still unanswered, the only possible solution to this conundrum, is that BHVR, being BHVR, BHVR'd it.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301222#Comment_1301222

    Adepts required 4 Kills at some point. So a Blackpip and Adept is possible.

    Back then kills also determined your pip

    4 kills-Double pip

    3 kills-One pip

    2 kills-No pip

    1 or 0 kills-Depip

  • @Spooky13 said:

    Killer Adepts should just be sacrifice all 4 survivors in a match while using their unique perks. Not kills, so you can't just cheese it with a mori, and it isn't arbitrarily difficult because you have to prolong the game, just a simple test of skill with the killer and their 3 perks.

    Then why should Survivors be able to just cheese their achievements by bringing in keys? But, anyway, its not a test of skill. Its a test of luck but more annoying, because you are limited to a single perk build. Its not skill having to rely on survivors not being literal potáts. Its not skill having a power that directly goes against the emblem system. If they fixed the emblem system, it would be fair. But the current version is beyond flawed, making these achievements unnecessarily complicated.

    @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301227#Comment_1301227

    I definitely wasn't around for that. But then what was the point in changing them?

    They didnt change them directly. Back then they just required killing all 4 survivors because that would give you Merciless guaranteed. Then they changed the emblem system to the garbage that it is today and indirectly made them less reasonable to get by changing the conditions for a "Merciless Killer".

  • but that can easily take away the achievement since as long as you do very good you can get merciless even with 1 escape. so then by doing that you leave the game more to luck on wither the survivor finds hatch. the killer is the more skillful role in the game and survivors require more luck to win, however that's assuming your not doing 4 man swf gen rush.

    that also encourages more scummy plays with camping and slugging...

  • @PigNRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301229#Comment_1301229

    Then why should Survivors be able to just cheese their achievements by bringing in keys? But, anyway, its not a test of skill. Its a test of luck but more annoying, because you are limited to a single perk build. Its not skill having to rely on survivors not being literal potáts. Its not skill having a power that directly goes against the emblem system. If they fixed the emblem system, it would be fair. But the current version is beyond flawed, making these achievements unnecessarily complicated.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301241#Comment_1301241

    They didnt change them directly. Back then they just required killing all 4 survivors because that would give you Merciless guaranteed. Then they changed the emblem system to the garbage that it is today and indirectly made them less reasonable to get by changing the conditions for a "Merciless Killer".

    Do you mean swapping from the bloodpoints to the emblems?

  • It took me a bit to get my 1st adept on a killer.

    My 1st 4k didn't get me adepted. I only got 2 iridescent categories. So I tried again and again before finally getting it. It took me 4 attempts when I was serious to get it on my second, but I'm not having any luck with getting adept on any of the other killers.

  • @H3xB0rr0w3dT1m3 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301227#Comment_1301227

    Back then kills also determined your pip

    4 kills-Double pip

    3 kills-One pip

    2 kills-No pip

    1 or 0 kills-Depip

    I think a 4K was also present with the Emblem System. At least I am pretty sure that my Adepts (the early ones I did) were not Merciless Victories, but I cannot say for 100%.

  • @Caleaha said:

    It took me a bit to get my 1st adept on a killer.

    My 1st 4k didn't get me adepted. I only got 2 iridescent categories. So I tried again and again before finally getting it. It took me 4 attempts when I was serious to get it on my second, but I'm not having any luck with getting adept on any of the other killers.

    I've obtained Adept Huntress and Trapper. They took so long that I haven't even bothered with other killer adepts.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301284#Comment_1301284

    I've obtained Adept Huntress and Trapper. They took so long that I haven't even bothered with other killer adepts.

    My daughter absolutely loves Huntress, especially after I told her the background story, sooooo she real wants me to get her adept. Which isn't easy when I get red survivors and I'm rank 18 going to 17 eventually.

    At least I got the adept on her second fav, Legion. But I doubt I can get 4k on them again.

  • @Caleaha said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301292#Comment_1301292

    My daughter absolutely loves Huntress, especially after I told her the background story, sooooo she real wants me to get her adept. Which isn't easy when I get red survivors and I'm rank 18 going to 17 eventually.

    At least I got the adept on her second fav, Legion. But I doubt I can get 4k on them again.

    Adept Legion sounds like it'd be a nightmare.

  • Legion was actually way easier than my first one. But the games of late with them have been all red ranked cheeky folks in double and triple prestige. Growl.

  • @DetailedDetriment said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301248#Comment_1301248

    What I'm getting at is survivor adepts are laughably easily compared to killer adepts.

    Well, really depends on the perks.

    Killers rely more on their ability than on their perks to get a 4k.

    Survivors rely more heavily on their perks and teammates than they can on items.


    You can get all adept killer achievements at rank 20-15 for killers, meaning that as a total noob, you can get all the "hardest" achievements. For early survivor adepts, you'd only have 2-3 survivors that are achievable for noobs and it requires quite some skill before you can run a game where you can escape with 3 perks.


    So while late game they are easy compared to killer, they are hard compared to killer early game. Just like killer is easy at first and gets tougher the more you play while survivor is hard at first and gets easier the longer you play. If you didnt want those achievements back when you started playing killer, then why go for them now? Its not like achievements give you anything proper other than bragging rights. You dont get anything special from it. So does it really matter? The biggest reason killers dont go for the achievement is because killers dont care about those achievements. Just like I dont have an adept Meg yet, even though she's my main, while I do have an adept Kate(I happened to need her specific perks for a challenge). I could easily get an adept Meg, just like I could easily get an Adept Trapper. I just dont care enough to do so.

  • @PigNRun said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301229#Comment_1301229

    Then why should Survivors be able to just cheese their achievements by bringing in keys? But, anyway, its not a test of skill. Its a test of luck but more annoying, because you are limited to a single perk build. Its not skill having to rely on survivors not being literal potáts. Its not skill having a power that directly goes against the emblem system. If they fixed the emblem system, it would be fair. But the current version is beyond flawed, making these achievements unnecessarily complicated.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1301241#Comment_1301241

    They didnt change them directly. Back then they just required killing all 4 survivors because that would give you Merciless guaranteed. Then they changed the emblem system to the garbage that it is today and indirectly made them less reasonable to get by changing the conditions for a "Merciless Killer".

    Then why should killers be able to cheese their achievements by bringing in a mori?

    As for skill or luck. Its both. You need to be skillfull enough to use the perks while lucky enough that the opposition isnt good enough to outplay you. Its both sides. If I want an adept Quentin(with perks that dont synergize with each other at all), you need to be lucky enough not to be killed by the killer. And while theoretically its possible for survivors and for killers to go perkless/itemless/addonless, that only applies if you have enough skill to compensate. The vast majority of players do not have the skill to face their average opponent without perks. So Quentin is practically playing perkless the entire game. And you need to be facing a killer that cant take advantage of that. So if you face 50% of the killers, you're already ######### by default.

    You're always able to cheese achievements, some easier than others. I got a lot of achievements because I touched the special "easter egg" generator for 1-2 seconds to finish it up, just because I happened to pass by that location, and get the achievement for something I barely did. I got all the killer rank achievements(expert, master and legendary killer) all in 1 day due to a bug with achievements, even though I rarely played killer at all.

    And you know what? thats fine, because with every killer and survivor, new achievements come out. Sometimes achievements that do not make sense. For example, take Zarina's achievement. Selfless survival: Heal 30 survivors from the dying state back to the injured state. I've owned DBD since 2015, I've healed hundreds, if not thousands of people from dying state to the injured state, and now there is an achievement that states I NEVER healed people from the dying state to the injured state since I owned the game. Does that make sense to you? Ofcourse I got it relatively quickly, but you'd assume that those kind of achievements would instantly complete when added to the game. But they dont.


    As for why they changed it, 4 survivors and 1 ebony mori would be a free double pip for killers. 1 hook and 1 mori counted as a full point. Which was ridiculous. Then they kinda changed it that 1 hook and 1 mori would simply equal 3 hookstates, rather than 4(there are 4: 1st hook, 2nd hook, sacrifice, fully sacrificed), which made people run Dying Light with Ivory Mori instead. Cus you didnt need 4 full sacrifices to get a double pip. You needed 3.5 sacrifices, meaning you could easily mori the obsession early game(because back then dying light gave a permanent 25% debuff in everything, combined with old ruin and thanatophobia, you would lose more progress with a single great skillcheck than you could regain). Guaranteeing 4k's anyway. The amount of red rank killers heavily outweighed the amount of red rank survivors. You literally had to run BNP to counter old ruin and hope you werent the obsession.

  • @AChaoticKiller said:

    It's fine as survivors since double pipping or even getting close to 30k bp is ridicules compared to getting merciless as killer, the reason is simply because you have to do everything from interacting with the killer to healing others and as certain survivors their perks make this very unreasonable especially when most survivors are not fit to do everything.

    You do know as a survivor you could literally do absolutely nothing all game I mean literally run into the basement and just point at a locker then escape through hatch and still get the achievement.

    How does that sound like something that's worth achieving.


    As a killer you literally have to hit the opportunity checklist hardcore especially at red ranks literally if you demolish a team of survivors in red ranks and kill them all on first hook without them popping a gen because you just wrecked them that badly you will not get a Merciless killer even though you completely demolished them.

    Once again even if you went far above the level of skill you won't achieve the achievement because of just how bad the emblem system is.

  • They should just bring back the 4k requirement. Nobody had a problem with it. If it isn’t broken, then don’t fix it.