As a new player to this game it can be tough going up against people far above my level, but it's even worse when I get Killers that face camp. Ghostface killers are particularly prone to do this. Why? I don't know. It is sad but I agree with others that when you see a killer face camping, you just need to team up together and gen rush as many generators as you can. Face camping is incredibly dumb and serves no purpose. The Killers wind up with a pitiful amount of blood points, and they get a low overall score that can make them depip.
I think they addressed this in the last dev stream. It was annoying because what's her name shrugged her shoulders with a stupid look on her face as if to convey the idea that's there nothing to be done about it. That's true, but I don't think the devs should be so casual about a broad tendency toward lame behavior in the player base that derives from the central dynamic of the game. It's like conceding that the game isn't designed for players to have fun, which ignores the fact that player behavior is shaped almost entirely by the rules and limits of the game design. On the bright side, one of the dudes at least said they're aware of the problem and its scope and they find it annoying too, so they might try to figure out how to change up the allocation of points so as to further discourage camping and tunneling. I hope they follow through with that. Please correct me if I'm misstating the devs' intentions as expressed in the live stream.
Incidentally I used to think that rank doesn't matter at all, but I have found that generally speaking red rank killers are far less likely to camp and tunnel. I now aspire to get to red ranks and stay there just because overall the quality of the gameplay is vastly better. I get my butt whooped most of the time because I'm definitely a potato, but it's actually a lot of fun to be chased and beaten by players who are better than you.
Yes, but when the killer camps all you have to do is gens... does any survivor actually like doing gens?
What does liking doing gens have to do with anything? They still have to be done. Let me guess, you are someone who ignores gens and leaves it up to others to do.
If he camps, you can do them without any fear of being interrupted, and you know where he is. He will not get much in the way of xp or BP ifor hooking a single survivor once. It is a terrible strategy, unless players, like yourself, suicide in, to make a rescue, because you don't want to do gens.
And if the next game is the same? And another one? And another one? Simply answer: u will come to quit dbd.
Then those killers will stay in low ranks znd youll move up. I cant even tell you the last time I saw someone camp the first hook.
If the gens get below 3 and you see the killers having a bad game, maybe hes only gotten 1 or 2 hooks, then you need to expect a camp incoming. Thats the nature of the game
I think they addressed this in the last dev stream. It was annoying because what's her name shrugged her shoulders with a stupid look on her face as if to convey the idea that's there nothing to be done about it. That's true, but I don't think the devs should be so casual about a broad tendency toward lame behavior in the player base that derives from the central dynamic of the game. It's like conceding that the game isn't designed for players to have fun, which ignores the fact that player behavior is shaped almost entirely by the rules and limits of the game design. On the bright side, one of the dudes at least said they're aware of the problem and its scope and they find it annoying too, so they might try to figure out how to change up the allocation of points so as to further discourage camping and tunneling. I hope they follow through with that. Please correct me if I'm misstating the devs' intentions as expressed in the live stream.
Incidentally I used to think that rank doesn't matter at all, but I have found that generally speaking red rank killers are far less likely to camp and tunnel. I now aspire to get to red ranks and stay there just because overall the quality of the gameplay is vastly better. I get my butt whooped most of the time because I'm definitely a potato, but it's actually a lot of fun to be chased and beaten by players who are better than you.
I don't think that's what Queen's shrug was meant to indicate. They were talking about unfun tactics and player agency, and she was saying that as long as players aren't breaking the TOS, they can employ any strategy they like - some strategies, like camping, are just not very rewarding. The shrug was her way of saying, "if you want to camp, go for your life, but be aware that it might not work out well for you". She wasn't saying that there was nothing to be done about it or that they wouldn't be doing anything to disincentivise it further or make it less punishing for the hooked survivor, just that they weren't going to remove it from the game altogether or ban people for doing it.
Well, removing hook stage 1 and 2 would solve camping easily. But maybe thats not a favorable way for survivors.
you can get ideas, but i think if you take camping as a strategy away, you need to compensate the killers somehow. A lot of killers camp because they are just mediocre at playing killer, and matched with much better players most of the time, and they have no other way to keep up.
So, when i started playing the game, games went on a lot longer than now, but there was less camping for sure. It just got worse after ruin was changed and the pressure and gamespeed just went up.
Personaly, i liked the longer games better, because they had more interaction, and more back and forth. Today, it often becomes very clear which side steamrolls the other.
Perks I ran were Kindred, Spine Chills, Small Game, and Resilience.
Surprised I had such a high survival rate. Survived 61 times out of 100 games.
100% survival rate against Deathslinger and Nurse. 80% against Doc and Oni.
Didn't get matched up with many red rank killers. Only 22 Red Rank Killers out of 100.
Didn't encounter a single yellow rank player but ran into 1 lvl 20 baby killer
Only encountered Clown and Demo once each. They both 4Kd. Clown with the Moris.
Lots of Huntress Matches. Probably because of Tome challenge. Yet, only 6 Legions?
Plague 4Kd in 4 games. People cleanse like mad and everyone ends up getting one shotted to death.
5 DCs/Suicides against Spirit. Way higher than any other Killer. It's ######### ridiculous how mad people get playing against her.
A DC/Suicide almost always resulted in a 3/4K. Kill rate stats really do get ######### up with them.
Poor Myers with 5 0K games.
Bubba will 90% of the time face camp, Insidious or not.
As a Ghostface main, it pained me to see almost all of them bringing NOED.
Only got hit by NOED like 4-5 times. 3 of those times it was because I waited to cleanse the 5th totem cause I knew it was right nearby as I finished the last gen. As always, someone gets hit right as you finish the last gen.
JUST DO BONES PEOPLE
Might just be because I'm running spine chills but people just can not stop getting exposed by Ghostface. As soon as I spot GF, unless I'm trying to hide, I break him out of stealth right away. People apparently have problems with this? I manage to pop him out of it every time without fail.
I see people complain a lot about Moris but only ran into 4 Killers carrying Moris or any color. They do have a huge impact on the game though. Same with keys.
Solo Survivor Observations
Injured players will crouch nearby the Killer hooking someone hoping to get the unhook. They almost always ended up getting downed and now there were 2 survivors hooked to save. This happened A LOT..Despite running Kindred, I still got entire Survivor teams racing to see who could save me first.
Despite running Kindred, people will still come over despite the Killer's aura being visible to all to see to try and save me instead of letting the Killer even walk away first.
People constantly loop the Killer back towards the hooked person. They will even go for the hook in the middle of being chased.
It really is the worst feeling when you have a gen at 90% then someone leads the Killer right to you and they kick the gen with Pop.
Seems SWFs would rather tag along a chase instead of work on gens to try and save their friend being chased.
Most of the frustrations playing soloQ comes from your teammates. Killer play style rarely impacted(unless they were camping Bubba). It was all the stupid ######### listed above happening over and over and over again that tilted me the most.
It's almost like I'm being punished for running Kindred.
Killers "lost" more games than they "won". Maybe this is due to matchmaking as I rarely got matched against red rank killers.
Don't quite know where I'm going with this but probably gonna keep up with this spreadsheet until I get 100 games against each Killer. That'll be tough with the less popular killers.
Recorded stats there at red rank and the only campers I ever got were Bubbas. Only once did they get more than 2Ks. They 0Kd 4 times, 1Kd 2 times, and 2Kd 3 times.
And those 2 and 3K games were because we had all the gens done and the team decided to try for some daring saves.
Camping is an absolute ######### strategy if the Survivor being camped doesnt suicide immediately.
Camping is an inherent abuse of the power role and it's really sad that the devs think its balanced.
Anyway, assuming the survivor is on the first hook...yeah there's a bit of time for every survivor to run to the hook to see if the killer is camping in solo queue. However this isn't always obvious. It could be a stealth killer or an Insidious Bubba waiting for an easy down. If the person is on their second hook, there's really no time for us to run to the hook to check. This is minimized in SWF but the devs have stated that only a small fraction of games contain a 4 man SWF which means there's always people in a match out of the loop. Doing gens isn't as easy as people think. But camping is balanced.
What does liking doing gens have to do with anything? They still have to be done. Let me guess, you are someone who ignores gens and leaves it up to others to do.
If he camps, you can do them without any fear of being interrupted, and you know where he is. He will not get much in the way of xp or BP ifor hooking a single survivor once. It is a terrible strategy, unless players, like yourself, suicide in, to make a rescue, because you don't want to do gens.
Stop assuming, dumbass, I do as much gens as any other, I also bring prove thyself in most of my matches. All I'm saying is that if there's a match where all I do are gens, it's no fun. Do you take pleasure on winning or in having a fun match?
Then those killers will stay in low ranks znd youll move up. I cant even tell you the last time I saw someone camp the first hook.
If the gens get below 3 and you see the killers having a bad game, maybe hes only gotten 1 or 2 hooks, then you need to expect a camp incoming. Thats the nature of the game
i would say half the time I see someone called camper in my games it’s when when did like 4 gens before the killer even managed 1 down, or the gates have been powered are are probably at 99#... I don’t blame him for trying to secure one kill
i would say half the time I see someone called camper in my games it’s when when did like 4 gens before the killer even managed 1 down, or the gates have been powered are are probably at 99#... I don’t blame him for trying to secure one kill
100%. I sure would. I have the hatemail to prove it 😂
Yes, but when the killer camps all you have to do is gens... does any survivor actually like doing gens?
That's literally the survivor win condition, if you don't like doing gens whats the point in even playing survivor? Either play killer or stop playing. Unless you expect the devs to come out with some other game mode where the objectives are different, but that does not seem likely at all.
Stop assuming, dumbass, I do as much gens as any other, I also bring prove thyself in most of my matches. All I'm saying is that if there's a match where all I do are gens, it's no fun. Do you take pleasure on winning or in having a fun match?
I very rarely see facecampers in a game, so having to do gens to get back at a face-camper is fine. In fact it makes me more determined to get them done. I can't imagine that it is a lot of fun for the face-camper either, unless people come to them to get killed. Do the gens. Don't reward them for facecamping. If everyone does that then the face-camper will realize it's a bad strategy and stop facecamping. How do you not get that? The only reason they face-camp is because it works.
I very rarely see facecampers in a game, so having to do gens to get back at a face-camper is fine. In fact it makes me more determined to get them done. I can't imagine that it is a lot of fun for the face-camper either, unless people come to them to get killed. Do the gens. Don't reward them for facecamping. If everyone does that then the face-camper will realize it's a bad strategy and stop facecamping. How do you not get that? The only reason they face-camp is because it works.
Then you must be the luckiest person I've ever met, I get face campers every few matches because the matchmaking puts me against rank 15 potatoes who start face camping with 3 gens remaining.
Then you must be the luckiest person I've ever met, I get face campers every few matches because the matchmaking puts me against rank 15 potatoes who start face camping with 3 gens remaining.
You realize that that is a ridiculous statement, right. My being the "luckiest person" would imply that the vast majority of killers facecamp, which simply isn't true. The vast majority do not facecamp, as it is an extremely poor strategy against decent survivors. I don't understand why you feel the need to exaggerate. I have probably faced 6 or 7 Bubba's in a row today, which is unusual. Not one of them facecamped, and it's Bubba's that make up the biggest majority of facecampers.
You realize that that is a ridiculous statement, right. My being the "luckiest person" would imply that the vast majority of killers facecamp, which simply isn't true. The vast majority do not facecamp, as it is an extremely poor strategy against decent survivors. I don't understand why you feel the need to exaggerate. I have probably faced 6 or 7 Bubba's in a row today, which is unusual. Not one of them facecamped, and it's Bubba's that make up the biggest majority of facecampers.
I very rarely see facecampers in a game, so having to do gens to get back at a face-camper is fine. In fact it makes me more determined to get them done. I can't imagine that it is a lot of fun for the face-camper either, unless people come to them to get killed. Do the gens. Don't reward them for facecamping. If everyone does that then the face-camper will realize it's a bad strategy and stop facecamping. How do you not get that? The only reason they face-camp is because it works.
My experience has been much like your own. I think i can count the number of face campers i seen while playing as survivor on one hand.
Which yeah, the best way to punish a facecamper, is to do gens. Since sure you can try to save the person on hook but if the killer is a face camping bubba, that might lead to simply just feeding them kills, rather than any real save. Yet oddly some seem to be against doing just that and would rather give the facecamper a clear 4k, rather than try to deny them as many kills as possible. Yeah it sucks for the one person on the hook, who if they hang on to the very end and don't just kill themselves, since they didn't get to really play the video game but are a true vip for being a real trooper for hanging in there to give random strangers, their team as much time as possible.
My experience has been much like your own. I think i can count the number of face campers i seen while playing as survivor on one hand.
Which yeah, the best way to punish a facecamper, is to do gens. Since sure you can try to save the person on hook but if the killer is a face camping bubba, that might lead to simply just feeding them kills, rather than any real save. Yet oddly some seem to be against doing just that and would rather give the facecamper a clear 4k, rather than try to deny them as many kills as possible. Yeah it sucks for the one person on the hook, who if they hang on to the very end and don't just kill themselves, since they didn't get to really play the video game but are a true vip for being a real trooper for hanging in there to give random strangers, their team as much time as possible.
"Yeah it sucks for the one person on the hook, who if they hang on to the very end and don't just kill themselves, since they didn't get to really play the video game but are a true vip for being a real trooper for hanging in there to give random strangers, their team as much time as possible".
Yeah, I think the person on the hook should get a lot of blood points for hanging on till the end. It would make for fewer suicides, and make hanging on more worthwhile. For doing their part, they are helping the team succeed, and they should be rewarded appropriately.
"Yeah it sucks for the one person on the hook, who if they hang on to the very end and don't just kill themselves, since they didn't get to really play the video game but are a true vip for being a real trooper for hanging in there to give random strangers, their team as much time as possible".
Yeah, I think the person on the hook should get a lot of blood points for hanging on till the end. It would make for fewer suicides, and make hanging on more worthwhile. For doing their part, they are helping the team succeed, and they should be rewarded appropriately.
Yeah that i can fully agree with. Since well they did do their part, in helping their team out.
Yes, but when the killer camps all you have to do is gens... does any survivor actually like doing gens?
Do you... like this game? This is a very strange perspective on the main objective that you're supposed to be doing in order to win. Why would you not work on your main objective when the killer is ceding all map control to you by camping?
Do you... like this game? This is a very strange perspective on the main objective that you're supposed to be doing in order to win. Why would you not work on your main objective when the killer is ceding all map control to you by camping?
Because he wants to teabag, flashlight spam and do all those other things he considers "fun". But to hell with killers having fun too.
First of all - everyone using the term "Facecamping". FACE CAMPING NO LONGER EXISTS. It hasn't for YEARS. It's just camping.
Secondly, camping doesn't need fixing. It's as much of a legitimate playstyle as body blocking hooks, using DS, tea bagging, and whining about NOED is.
"Yeah it sucks for the one person on the hook, who if they hang on to the very end and don't just kill themselves, since they didn't get to really play the video game but are a true vip for being a real trooper for hanging in there to give random strangers, their team as much time as possible".
Yeah, I think the person on the hook should get a lot of blood points for hanging on till the end. It would make for fewer suicides, and make hanging on more worthwhile. For doing their part, they are helping the team succeed, and they should be rewarded appropriately.
Yeah that i can fully agree with. Since well they did do their part, in helping their team out.
We could rate all the survivors as a team, that way the person on the hook does not get screwed from a rank or BP perspective and it encourages team play. Just my suggestion, haven't thought it out much.
We could rate all the survivors as a team, that way the person on the hook does not get screwed from a rank or BP perspective and it encourages team play. Just my suggestion, haven't thought it out much.
On the other side, this would allow for more toxicity between survivors if one decides to troll and drag down the overall "team rating".
Edit: Maybe implement additional bp trigger every few seconds when the killer is in the vicinity of a hook without any non-hooked survivor around. As an addition to the chaser penalty for the killer
Mobile team have tried to stop camping and teach survivors to ignore and do gens as loading tips. But ever since that came out more people camped, but the survivors learnt and did punish the killer for it. At least most of them. I know its mobile and a different team but they did try this to stop camping and if it worked they might have even tried this on all other platforms. They're trying just not as focused on it.
Mobile team have tried to stop camping and teach survivors to ignore and do gens as loading tips. But ever since that came out more people camped, but the survivors learnt and did punish the killer for it. At least most of them. I know its mobile and a different team but they did try this to stop camping and if it worked they might have even tried this on all other platforms. They're trying just not as focused on it.
It's almost like the counter to camping is what killers have been saying all along: work on the generators.
How much of it is real camping and how much of it is "I've literally patrolled the whole map, let's see if they've FINALLY run in for the save"?
I end up having number 2 happen a lot (no pun intended). I also get yelled at for camping as well. If I LITERALLY have enough time to inspect four far away generators and come back, that's not on me.
On the other side, this would allow for more toxicity between survivors if one decides to troll and drag down the overall "team rating".
Edit: Maybe implement additional bp trigger every few seconds when the killer is in the vicinity of a hook without any non-hooked survivor around. As an addition to the chaser penalty for the killer
That's not very different from what happens now, a trolling player will make everyone get less points and rating. Bad players will always be here no matter what system we make, we shouldn't not do something that would be better in most cases just because every once in a while some butt is going to mess with it. There is no way to stop a player that wants to troll from trolling without banning them.
Do you... like this game? This is a very strange perspective on the main objective that you're supposed to be doing in order to win. Why would you not work on your main objective when the killer is ceding all map control to you by camping?
Yeah I play the game. If I wanted to hold m1 and hit skillchecks I would be playing some stupid puzzle game.
We could rate all the survivors as a team, that way the person on the hook does not get screwed from a rank or BP perspective and it encourages team play. Just my suggestion, haven't thought it out much.
I disagree, what if I repair 4 gens, run the killer around for 20 minutes and save everyone from the hook while my other 3 teammates are blendettes that crouch in the corner of the map with urban evasion?
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
do gens
whats the fun in gen simulator?
This. Do gens, let the killer get a one hook one kill depip and move on
Whats tge fun in nascar simulator
die then
My favorite thing is seeing somebody who's first and only post on the forums is just them complaining. You are incredibly unique.
Gens have to get done. That is the game. If you aren't going to do them, why play?
The point was valid. If someone is being camped, ignore the camp and do gens. Don't reward the killer by throwing yourself at them.
As a new player to this game it can be tough going up against people far above my level, but it's even worse when I get Killers that face camp. Ghostface killers are particularly prone to do this. Why? I don't know. It is sad but I agree with others that when you see a killer face camping, you just need to team up together and gen rush as many generators as you can. Face camping is incredibly dumb and serves no purpose. The Killers wind up with a pitiful amount of blood points, and they get a low overall score that can make them depip.
And is a truely funny match for everyone! Enjoy!
And if the next game is the same? And another one? And another one? Simply answer: u will come to quit dbd.
I think they addressed this in the last dev stream. It was annoying because what's her name shrugged her shoulders with a stupid look on her face as if to convey the idea that's there nothing to be done about it. That's true, but I don't think the devs should be so casual about a broad tendency toward lame behavior in the player base that derives from the central dynamic of the game. It's like conceding that the game isn't designed for players to have fun, which ignores the fact that player behavior is shaped almost entirely by the rules and limits of the game design. On the bright side, one of the dudes at least said they're aware of the problem and its scope and they find it annoying too, so they might try to figure out how to change up the allocation of points so as to further discourage camping and tunneling. I hope they follow through with that. Please correct me if I'm misstating the devs' intentions as expressed in the live stream.
Incidentally I used to think that rank doesn't matter at all, but I have found that generally speaking red rank killers are far less likely to camp and tunnel. I now aspire to get to red ranks and stay there just because overall the quality of the gameplay is vastly better. I get my butt whooped most of the time because I'm definitely a potato, but it's actually a lot of fun to be chased and beaten by players who are better than you.
Yes, but when the killer camps all you have to do is gens... does any survivor actually like doing gens?
Well, got any suggestions? What exactly do you want them to do, or what are you looking for?
Or do you just feel like complaining, but not adding anything of value?
Not their fault you lose to someone standing in one spot.
How? You haven’t provided any solutions. Don’t come on here and spout about something without giving any feedback as to how they can fix it.
What does liking doing gens have to do with anything? They still have to be done. Let me guess, you are someone who ignores gens and leaves it up to others to do.
If he camps, you can do them without any fear of being interrupted, and you know where he is. He will not get much in the way of xp or BP ifor hooking a single survivor once. It is a terrible strategy, unless players, like yourself, suicide in, to make a rescue, because you don't want to do gens.
Then those killers will stay in low ranks znd youll move up. I cant even tell you the last time I saw someone camp the first hook.
If the gens get below 3 and you see the killers having a bad game, maybe hes only gotten 1 or 2 hooks, then you need to expect a camp incoming. Thats the nature of the game
Do bones
I don't think that's what Queen's shrug was meant to indicate. They were talking about unfun tactics and player agency, and she was saying that as long as players aren't breaking the TOS, they can employ any strategy they like - some strategies, like camping, are just not very rewarding. The shrug was her way of saying, "if you want to camp, go for your life, but be aware that it might not work out well for you". She wasn't saying that there was nothing to be done about it or that they wouldn't be doing anything to disincentivise it further or make it less punishing for the hooked survivor, just that they weren't going to remove it from the game altogether or ban people for doing it.
Well, removing hook stage 1 and 2 would solve camping easily. But maybe thats not a favorable way for survivors.
you can get ideas, but i think if you take camping as a strategy away, you need to compensate the killers somehow. A lot of killers camp because they are just mediocre at playing killer, and matched with much better players most of the time, and they have no other way to keep up.
So, when i started playing the game, games went on a lot longer than now, but there was less camping for sure. It just got worse after ruin was changed and the pressure and gamespeed just went up.
Personaly, i liked the longer games better, because they had more interaction, and more back and forth. Today, it often becomes very clear which side steamrolls the other.
Don't reward it.
When campers start seeing that they depip and make out with only like 5k BP, they'll stop.
You'll pip/safetypip your way out of those low rank campers if you just not reward them.
Recorded stats there at red rank and the only campers I ever got were Bubbas. Only once did they get more than 2Ks. They 0Kd 4 times, 1Kd 2 times, and 2Kd 3 times.
And those 2 and 3K games were because we had all the gens done and the team decided to try for some daring saves.
Camping is an absolute ######### strategy if the Survivor being camped doesnt suicide immediately.
Camping is an inherent abuse of the power role and it's really sad that the devs think its balanced.
Anyway, assuming the survivor is on the first hook...yeah there's a bit of time for every survivor to run to the hook to see if the killer is camping in solo queue. However this isn't always obvious. It could be a stealth killer or an Insidious Bubba waiting for an easy down. If the person is on their second hook, there's really no time for us to run to the hook to check. This is minimized in SWF but the devs have stated that only a small fraction of games contain a 4 man SWF which means there's always people in a match out of the loop. Doing gens isn't as easy as people think. But camping is balanced.
Stop assuming, dumbass, I do as much gens as any other, I also bring prove thyself in most of my matches. All I'm saying is that if there's a match where all I do are gens, it's no fun. Do you take pleasure on winning or in having a fun match?
i would say half the time I see someone called camper in my games it’s when when did like 4 gens before the killer even managed 1 down, or the gates have been powered are are probably at 99#... I don’t blame him for trying to secure one kill
100%. I sure would. I have the hatemail to prove it 😂
That's literally the survivor win condition, if you don't like doing gens whats the point in even playing survivor? Either play killer or stop playing. Unless you expect the devs to come out with some other game mode where the objectives are different, but that does not seem likely at all.
I very rarely see facecampers in a game, so having to do gens to get back at a face-camper is fine. In fact it makes me more determined to get them done. I can't imagine that it is a lot of fun for the face-camper either, unless people come to them to get killed. Do the gens. Don't reward them for facecamping. If everyone does that then the face-camper will realize it's a bad strategy and stop facecamping. How do you not get that? The only reason they face-camp is because it works.
Then you must be the luckiest person I've ever met, I get face campers every few matches because the matchmaking puts me against rank 15 potatoes who start face camping with 3 gens remaining.
You realize that that is a ridiculous statement, right. My being the "luckiest person" would imply that the vast majority of killers facecamp, which simply isn't true. The vast majority do not facecamp, as it is an extremely poor strategy against decent survivors. I don't understand why you feel the need to exaggerate. I have probably faced 6 or 7 Bubba's in a row today, which is unusual. Not one of them facecamped, and it's Bubba's that make up the biggest majority of facecampers.
Cool story man 👍️ keep it up, maybe write a book
I guess that's all you can say when you can't debate the point. Cheers.
You're right! congrats on winning an internet debate, I forfeit to your overwhelming intelligence! Cheers!
Thank you. It's a well deserved honor. 😎
My experience has been much like your own. I think i can count the number of face campers i seen while playing as survivor on one hand.
Which yeah, the best way to punish a facecamper, is to do gens. Since sure you can try to save the person on hook but if the killer is a face camping bubba, that might lead to simply just feeding them kills, rather than any real save. Yet oddly some seem to be against doing just that and would rather give the facecamper a clear 4k, rather than try to deny them as many kills as possible. Yeah it sucks for the one person on the hook, who if they hang on to the very end and don't just kill themselves, since they didn't get to really play the video game but are a true vip for being a real trooper for hanging in there to give random strangers, their team as much time as possible.
"Yeah it sucks for the one person on the hook, who if they hang on to the very end and don't just kill themselves, since they didn't get to really play the video game but are a true vip for being a real trooper for hanging in there to give random strangers, their team as much time as possible".
Yeah, I think the person on the hook should get a lot of blood points for hanging on till the end. It would make for fewer suicides, and make hanging on more worthwhile. For doing their part, they are helping the team succeed, and they should be rewarded appropriately.
Yeah that i can fully agree with. Since well they did do their part, in helping their team out.
Do you... like this game? This is a very strange perspective on the main objective that you're supposed to be doing in order to win. Why would you not work on your main objective when the killer is ceding all map control to you by camping?
Because he wants to teabag, flashlight spam and do all those other things he considers "fun". But to hell with killers having fun too.
My favorite is people who run OoO, click flashlights, and teabag constantly then end game chat ask why you kept coming after them?
First of all - everyone using the term "Facecamping". FACE CAMPING NO LONGER EXISTS. It hasn't for YEARS. It's just camping.
Secondly, camping doesn't need fixing. It's as much of a legitimate playstyle as body blocking hooks, using DS, tea bagging, and whining about NOED is.
If 2 or 3 survivors would stop appearing from the bushes I would stop proxy camping :) becuz 1 surv only repairing for killers thats neat
We could rate all the survivors as a team, that way the person on the hook does not get screwed from a rank or BP perspective and it encourages team play. Just my suggestion, haven't thought it out much.
On the other side, this would allow for more toxicity between survivors if one decides to troll and drag down the overall "team rating".
Edit: Maybe implement additional bp trigger every few seconds when the killer is in the vicinity of a hook without any non-hooked survivor around. As an addition to the chaser penalty for the killer
Mobile team have tried to stop camping and teach survivors to ignore and do gens as loading tips. But ever since that came out more people camped, but the survivors learnt and did punish the killer for it. At least most of them. I know its mobile and a different team but they did try this to stop camping and if it worked they might have even tried this on all other platforms. They're trying just not as focused on it.
It's almost like the counter to camping is what killers have been saying all along: work on the generators.
But survivors just won't listen.
How much of it is real camping and how much of it is "I've literally patrolled the whole map, let's see if they've FINALLY run in for the save"?
I end up having number 2 happen a lot (no pun intended). I also get yelled at for camping as well. If I LITERALLY have enough time to inspect four far away generators and come back, that's not on me.
That's not very different from what happens now, a trolling player will make everyone get less points and rating. Bad players will always be here no matter what system we make, we shouldn't not do something that would be better in most cases just because every once in a while some butt is going to mess with it. There is no way to stop a player that wants to troll from trolling without banning them.
Yeah I play the game. If I wanted to hold m1 and hit skillchecks I would be playing some stupid puzzle game.
Salty killer main likes to put their grief in every single thing related to the game. I want to do chases, yes, how does that affect the killer's fun?
I disagree, what if I repair 4 gens, run the killer around for 20 minutes and save everyone from the hook while my other 3 teammates are blendettes that crouch in the corner of the map with urban evasion?