Do you get salty if you die to a no add on killer?

I’m a Ghost Face main and have been running with no add on’s for a couple of months now for an extra personal challenge. When I started doing this I expected a message every now and then simply due to the community.

Thus far the messages stand at 0.

Comments

  • I don't think anyone gets salty about a no-add on killer; quite the opposite. People hate double-ultra add-ons because it buffs their base kit far beyond, well, base (or in some cases ultra and very, like Iri Queen/Discipline or Infantry Belt/Iri Head).

    If killers kill you while using no add-ons, they either facecamped and tunneled you while you're playing solo, or you got legitimately outplayed (which happens to be the case most of the time I see killers with no add-ons).

    I don't understand why anyone would get mad except at themselves for their own lack of skill.

  • I love killers that are able to do that. They tend to be the ones that don't camp/tunnel, hook everyone 3 times, and it's decent long match. That killer more than earned that 4k, especially when they had 0 help from perks/addons.

  • @GoodBoyKaru said:

    I don't think anyone gets salty about a no-add on killer; quite the opposite. People hate double-ultra add-ons because it buffs their base kit far beyond, well, base (or in some cases ultra and very, like Iri Queen/Discipline or Infantry Belt/Iri Head).

    If killers kill you while using no add-ons, they either facecamped and tunneled you while you're playing solo, or you got legitimately outplayed (which happens to be the case most of the time I see killers with no add-ons).

    I don't understand why anyone would get mad except at themselves for their own lack of skill.

    No camping etc, 12 hooks is a lot more rewarding for me personally

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    Why would I?

    Same reason some survivors get salty if killers step back and watch a survivor 360 then hit them.

  • I wouldn't be, I would be more impressed than anything because my loadout usually revolves around the chase.

  • i mean, they cant get salty over my Add On choices, buuuuut they'll find something.

  • @StutteringSpartan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296746#Comment_1296746

    Same reason some survivors get salty if killers step back and watch a survivor 360 then hit them.

    What does that even have to do with add ons?

  • Why would anyone get salty about that? I don't get salty about getting mori'd. i'm certainly not going to get salty about being outplayed by someone not using add-ons.

  • To be honest I don’t get salty at killers unless it’s my brother as the killer Or cousin. But I also play as killer and survivor.

  • I don't think i have ever seen anyone get salty over no add ons. Certain add on yes, certain killers or things someone might of done in a game yes. Certain combos of perks yes. Running no add-ons? I have personally never seen it.

  • Both examples survivors are getting outplayed

  • No but I do if the killer is anywhere on the map.

    Just let me do my damn gens and leave so I can go back to playing dress up with my quinten.


    S/


    No they played with a handicap.

  • As a survivor main I have respect for any killer that plays this game well. A killer that does it without slugging or camping and my respect goes up a notch. A killer that does it without add-ons is simply on another level as far as respect goes..

  • I respect any killer or survivor who plays with either no perks, or rarely used perks or perk combinations.

  • @StutteringSpartan said:

    I’m a Ghost Face main and have been running with no add on’s for a couple of months now for an extra personal challenge. When I started doing this I expected a message every now and then simply due to the community.

    Thus far the messages stand at 0.

    I don't really get to salty playing survivor period,unless I feel like something cheap happens. Not necessarily a camping situation or anything per se. Maybe like I got hit when they were nowhere near me on the screen. Oh and the one time I was hiding on a hill right above the hatch,and got stuck on NOTHING. Literally could only spin in a circle while crouched. I had more than enough time to get out too. Playing killer makes me absolutely furious. Some of the add ons aren't that great anyways. I would probably just assume the person ran out trying to level the insane amount of characters lol. Few of mine have no offerings,or items/add ons,lol.

  • I wouldn’t get upset cause it’s a learning experience

  • Survivors get salty when they die period.

  • @StutteringSpartan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296746#Comment_1296746

    Same reason some survivors get salty if killers step back and watch a survivor 360 then hit them.

    But who gets mad at that?

  • Yes. I insult them and their mother.

    And dont get me started what I am doing when they dont have Perks as well.

  • No, that impresses me.

  • Screenshots have been posted in these forums before of a survivor being salty over it

  • As someone who only plays deathslinger without addons, I would treat anyone who can play basekit killers well with respect. It shows they have mastered the killer, even at their (arguably) weakest version.

  • @StutteringSpartan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1296883#Comment_1296883

    Screenshots have been posted in these forums before of a survivor being salty over it

    There are probably screenshots of survivors or killers getting mad at anything and everyone.