Is it bannable to use a cross hair overlay?

For killers like death slinger and huntress. Also wondering how it can be detected.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • I don't think it is, as long as it doesn't hook into the game itself. I've done it using software that let's me have an image on top of my screen and just move it till it's centered and used a custom one I drew.

  • If the game or anticheat doesn't detect it. But it's possible tbh.

    Also, most monitors come with a crosshair feature, which is 100% undetectable since anticheats can't run on your monitor lol.

  • Nah. It doesn't touch any part of the game, and you could get the same result by drawing a crosshair on your monitor screen with a dry erase marker.

  • It's one of those "use at your own risk" things. The developers won't ban you for it, but if EAC decides to for some reason, BHVR can't do anything about that.

  • Do the old fashion way

    71eM8aeQPRL.jpg

    Tape a cross hair on your tv/monitor

  • since you're using a third party program to have unfair advantages not intended to be in-game (stated in the eula) I would say it's 100% banable

    @Elk you made my day lmao

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    It's not bannable. "We won't ban you for it, but you're going to hell for it" is their stance on it.

    It's the equivalent of using Discord to talk with your SWF buddies. You're using Discord to gain a communication advantage -- but then do you ban people for using Discord?

    Many monitors have crosshairs built right into the system itself. You can turn the overlay on with a setting. Do you ban people just for having specific monitors?

    Perhaps in the next gen console they'll add crosshairs with the comms.

    However it wouldn't be used, like comms, people only talk about the weather and their day on SWFs for BHVR not to need to balance them with solo survivors... :D

  • EAC cant detect anything lol

    you're fine regardless

  • Technically you can get the same result with clear tape and a red sharpie. So no.

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    EAC cant detect anything lol

    you're fine regardless

    lol this made me laugh.

    Anyways

    @JoeyBob said:

    For killers like death slinger and huntress. Also wondering how it can be detected.

    Zippyshare.com - Free File Hosting

    Is your safest bet, it's not a virus, or a hack, and it's safe for you to use.

  • Unless you use a program that somehow gets picked up by EAC due to how it works, no.

    There's little point in specifically going after crosshairs as long as monitor firmware crosshairs exist, as they're 100% undetectable as far as I know.

  • Overlays won't get you in trouble if they don't interact with game files and processes (which they shouldn't if they're legit) and if they're not contained in black-listed software. If it's a normal mainstream commercial app, it's generally fine. If you downloaded a custom app from some obscure site where they discuss cheats and hacks, then I wouldn't be too confident, if you know what I mean. If it's built-in in your monitor, you will never have an issue.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    It's not bannable. "We won't ban you for it, but you're going to hell for it" is their stance on it.

    It's the equivalent of using Discord to talk with your SWF buddies. You're using Discord to gain a communication advantage -- but then do you ban people for using Discord?

    Many monitors have crosshairs built right into the system itself. You can turn the overlay on with a setting. Do you ban people just for having specific monitors?

    As a side note, Discord is perfectly and openly allowed, let's stop spreading this completely made-up narrative that it's cheating. DbD official Discord server has designated sections where you can create and join SWFs.

    Official

    DbD

    Discord

    Server

    It is what it is, but it's not cheating, it's not bannable and you won't go to hell for it.

  • @oxygen said:

    Unless you use a program that somehow gets picked up by EAC due to how it works, no.

    There's little point in specifically going after crosshairs as long as monitor firmware crosshairs exist, as they're 100% undetectable as far as I know.

    Scopes.png

    It does feel kinda ridiculous to use, but then again, some of the best huntress streamers on twitch admit to using one so you know...whatever. You could always use a piece of tape if they start banning for it.

    The deathslinger aim is dead on as it is, the cross-hair is only there for quick scopes. But every good deathslinger shot at loops is a quick scope.

  • Do you really need a crosshair? I can quickscope survivors as Deathslinger with no problem and I'm below average in FPSs.

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    Overlays won't get you in trouble if they don't interact with game files and processes (which they shouldn't if they're legit) and if they're not contained in black-listed software. If it's a normal mainstream commercial app, it's generally fine. If you downloaded a custom app from some obscure site where they discuss cheats and hacks, then I wouldn't be too confident, if you know what I mean. If it's built-in in your monitor, you will never have an issue.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1288799#Comment_1288799

    As a side note, Discord is perfectly and openly allowed, let's stop spreading this completely made-up narrative that it's cheating. DbD official Discord server has designated sections where you can create and join SWFs.

    Official

    DbD

    Discord

    Server

    It is what it is, but it's not cheating, it's not bannable and you won't go to hell for it.

    The official DBD Discord server even has voice channels for SWF :P If that would be bannable, they probably just had SWF text channels XD

  • Considering there are streamers that say they are using a crosshair i'd bet it's a safe thing to do.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1288863#Comment_1288863

    I never said or claimed it was cheating. I literally never even used the word "cheat" in my entire post.

    Oh sorry for assuming that by "gaining an advantage" through 3rd party software in the context of possibly bannable offenses, I understood you meant cheating. You obviously meant something else enitrely.

  • @Elk said:

    Do the old fashion way

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/8XOZ6MY7FBSR/71em8aeqprl.jpg

    Tape a cross hair on your tv/monitor

    Better yet, use stickers. That's what I use. Now I can actually play Huntress.

    stickers.jpg


  • https://clips.twitch.tv/CheerfulNeighborlyCheeseVoHiYo

    You know every huntress is thirsty for cross maps.

    Every billy main only talks about "the curves man, the curves"

    Now every deathslinger main can go "the quickscopes man, the quickscopes"

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    since you're using a third party program to have unfair advantages not intended to be in-game (stated in the eula) I would say it's 100% banable

    @Elk you made my day lmao

    Yes but stretched screen if fine right? xD

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    If they ever start banning for crosshairs, they also have to start banning for using discord.

    Both are using out-of-game programs to gain an advantage. They can't ban for one and not the other without being massive hypocrites, so you're probably safe.

    Not all 3rd party programs are forbidden. Discord is openly allowed. Overlays are allowed if they're not blacklisted in EAC for some other reason.

  • Asking for a friend...

  • LOL the old way to do this was exactly what was posted before. (A 90s kid here) Put a thin piece of plastic film over the computer monitor. Find your location where you hit, and put a DOT on the sheet of plastic. ;)

  • I’ve tried it, I had a red dot bang in the middle of the screen but I find it messes with my aim. Makes me aim too low so I don’t bother, just practice without it you’ll get there!

  • It's not bannable one of the devs has openly said that on stream https://clips.twitch.tv/ColdbloodedPowerfulBaboonTinyFace

  • Also consider that a lot of gaming monitors these days have built in crosshair overlay capability. Would be difficult to catch something hardware related. Or justify banning someone for using their monitor.

  • Probably not, but it does make you a baby bish 😉

  • @Angelicus23 said:

    since you're using a third party program to have unfair advantages not intended to be in-game (stated in the eula) I would say it's 100% banable

    @Elk you made my day lmao

    You used a program to get around putting a piece of tape on your monitor now perish.

  • Honestly if you add a ch you will have a one sided advantage compared to other players. Its just cheap cheating, regardless if you can get banned for it or not. How about playing the game as it is intented?!

  • No. For Huntress it’s useless because it’s enough to just “kinda„ land the hatchet and still get the hit due to hitbox. And Deathslinger can’t fire from hip, only with ADS that has some nice iron sights on it already and a crosshair would just make it harder to aim imo.