Silent Hill = Next DLC (an in-depth analysis)

Hi fellow gamers! I started a discussion several days ago about the possiblity of Pyramid Head from Silent Hill being the new Killer, but I didn't go too in-depth about why I thought he'd be a possibility. Since then, I've discovered and researched things that strongly suggest that my suspicions might come to fruition, and I wanted to share them with everyone! Let's get started.

"Iconic in the world of horror since it's release"

This statement can be applied in full to Silent Hill. According to Wikipedia and the Silent Hill Wiki:

Screenshot_1.png Screenshot_2.png

I would also like to state clearly that the "world of horror" obviously includes video games. And "iconic" doesn't mean it has to be on the level of Freddy Krueger, Michael Myers and Jason. "Iconic" can mean "widely recognized and well-established" or "widely known and acknowledged especially for distinctive excellence", and I think it's safe to say that Silent Hill falls under these definitions. According to Wikipedia, it is "a defining title in the survival horror genre", and on the Silent Hill Wiki, it "had a huge impact and legacy on the survival horror genre since it's release" (inception!).

"A Classic License"

With "classic" meaning "serving as the established model or standard" or "having lasting significance or worth", we can easily say that Classic can be applied to Silent Hill. It is a "classic" horror game, as it has been and is still being referenced to this day, and is an established model of the survival horror genre, with many horror games taking inspiration from the franchise.... and it still has great worth and significance, as many gaming journalists and individuals still cite it as "one of the best horror games of all time". (Fun fact: The Duffer Brothers cited Silent Hill as an influence in the creation of their show, Stranger Things!)

The 4 on the anniversary logo

The Dead by Daylight 4th Anniversary announcement photo has a few odd details here and there.... but I immediately saw a similarity between the 4 logo on the image and Pyramid Head's appearance, and got to work.

Here is a side-by-side comparison of the 4 and Pyramid Head:

https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/270/side by side comparison.jpg There was an error displaying this embed.

If we take the 4 and rotate it slightly, then place it over Pyramid Head's "hat"....

Screenshot_5.png

.... it's a perfect fit.

There's really nothing more to say about this!

Conclusion

I'm not going to say that it's 100% certain that Silent Hill is the next DLC, but I'll be quite surprised if it isn't, as I think it's an extremely strong possibility! Silent Hill has been iconic since it's inception, is a classic horror game that is still being referenced to this day, and marked the world of horror by being considered one of the best horror games of all time by many, with many other peoples' horror games (and in the case of Stranger Things, shows!) taking inspiration from Silent Hill. But, I guess we'll just have to wait and see!

Thank you for taking the time to view my post!

Comments

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280832#Comment_1280832

    I want to point out that most of that response was actually me copying and pasting separate comments I've written in the past, the only thing that was new in there was the last sections talking about "relevance".

    In all reality I am only as "outraged" as you would think one would be when it comes to theory crafting, which is not very. It's not like I'm going around my house clutching my fists thinking about Silent Hill

    Although I stand by my criticisms and critiques which are entirely valid in pointing out this whole theory which hinges on the font of the number 4 is quite frankly dumb. If you don't like my opinion, because it's "toxic" or "the voice of a party pooper" know my opinion is also shared by Paulie Esther, who is very much possibly the most wholesome member of the entire Dead By Daylight community. So chew on that.

    The difference is, he's nice enough just to say "I would be disappointed if it was Pyramid head" and leave it as that, whereas I am far more willing to, as you put it: "systematically dissect" and dismember the theory on the spot.

    And I also think many people will agree with me when I say:

    ######### Konami.

    If you're looking for a reference for someone who is actually outraged, watched this guy:

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TQ96HyRMmkg

    Oh I know it's copied and pasted. That's why I asked that "this" not be put in every Pyramid Head theory thread since this isn't the first time I've seen your post in the few I've seen before. It's also a bit of hyperbole on my part when it comes to your "outrage." I'm just sayin that was a metric butt load of stuff you unloaded on here.

    Also, I would hate to think Paulie finds this kind of theory crafting silly since he's practically been posting videos speculating since the announcement that it was a licensed chapter. If I had a dollar for every Candyman video he's made I'd have...like...a couple of dollars, I dunno.

    And yes, I am deeply aware of the ######### show that is Konami. As much as I'd hate for them to be given money, I more so want to see Team Silent's hard work be recognized as something iconic. To let Konami muddle the name of Silent Hill with their horrible business ventures is to let all of Team Silent's hard work go to waste.

    On a final note, your remark that I should, as you put it, "chew on that" really makes it seem like you're a bit more aggro than ya should be. I'm just asking that ya be a bit considerate when responding to these posts because some people quite enjoy making these little theories during the wait for the big announcement. It's not like I'm calling for your arrest, dude. I would never want to try and indict someone who has such deep connections with the fun police.

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282649#Comment_1282649

    I'm sorry, but I think our discussion is over. I only wanted to talk about the possibility of Silent Hill in DbD, as many other people are speculating as well -- but your comments contribute very little to healthy discussion. As I said before, neither proving nor disproving me will change what DLC is coming out next, so to belittle and argue against my theory and try to prove me "wrong" is silly. They'll add whatever they want to the game, because it's their game and their money that they're spending on licenses and development. And I'm sorry that you missed my point about the fact that Paulie Esther is still just a guy who plays DbD, but I will make it more clear -- him being recognized for his contributions to the community and being an extremely active member of the community still does not make his opinion more valid than anyone elses', especially if it is based in personal like or dislike. This goes for anyone of or above his level of fame.

    And I am well aware of the reasons that people believe Konami is a bad company, but I personally only boycott gaming companies that are actually bad and unhealthy for the current gaming market and consumers in general.

    I agree it is very silly. At the same time though, it's only about as the theory itself that I'm responding to in the first place.

    And yeah, it is their money, but guess who gave them their money? The playerbase who is funding them, their prosperity, and their popularity in the first place.

    @TheOneTrueTristan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282592#Comment_1282592

    Oh I know it's copied and pasted. That's why I asked that "this" not be put in every Pyramid Head theory thread since this isn't the first time I've seen your post in the few I've seen before. It's also a bit of hyperbole on my part when it comes to your "outrage." I'm just sayin that was a metric butt load of stuff you unloaded on here.

    Also, I would hate to think Paulie finds this kind of theory crafting silly since he's practically been posting videos speculating since the announcement that it was a licensed chapter. If I had a dollar for every Candyman video he's made I'd have...like...a couple of dollars, I dunno.

    And yes, I am deeply aware of the ######### show that is Konami. As much as I'd hate for them to be given money, I more so want to see Team Silent's hard work be recognized as something iconic. To let Konami muddle the name of Silent Hill with their horrible business ventures is to let all of Team Silent's hard work go to waste.

    On a final note, your remark that I should, as you put it, "chew on that" really makes it seem like you're a bit more aggro than ya should be. I'm just asking that ya be a bit considerate when responding to these posts because some people quite enjoy making these little theories during the wait for the big announcement. It's not like I'm calling for your arrest, dude. I would never want to try and indict someone who has such deep connections with the fun police.

    Well, I mean yeah, the points are still equally as valid as when I typed them (all happening in the same week) so why RE-type them y'know? That's just more effort than necessary at that point.

    I never said Paulie finds the Theory crafting itself silly I was mentioning the fact he specifically called out the Pyramid Head theory in a video. He said 1. he doesn't think it's Pyramid Head and 2. if it was he'd be very disappointed because he has it hyped up in his head that it's something far greater and more significant than Pyramid Head.

    And obviously Paulie's word isn't gospel but there's a logic to that which I am echoing. Chapter 16 being hyped as the most important and emotional chapter in the history of DBD and people are going with Pyramid Head? Sorry, but no. It's not like I'm evil guy here, maybe because of the way I'm being blunt about it is hurting some feelins out there, but everybody is excited for Pennywise, or Jason Voorhees, or Candyman, or The Xenomorph, or something. By the twisting of some similar logic, the people saying its pyramid head are raining on the parades of everybody else. That's why I'm here.

    Sometimes aggro is necessary to get a point across (more quickly). The point being use your head

    And again, I want to make it clear that Pyramid Head is not a bad choice unlike the many naysayers before me (who I only now realize I have temporarily become what I typically despise) who are hating on all kinds of potential candidates, I'm not saying pyramid head can never come to the game. I'm just saying, it's not chapter 16.

    At the end of the day nobody knows what it is, so it's whatever.

  • It's a pretty sound theory if you ask me.

  • I wouldn't consider him iconic. I had no idea who he was until I read this thread. He's really only known I think to a relatively small subset of people. Older gamers who remember playing silent hill back in the day. I played the first silent hill but found it boring and I dont really remember much from it. I never played any of the sequels. But maybe I'm wrong and this pyramid head guy is widely known and I just happen to miss the bus on it. I should go ask random strangers if they ever heard of him, I have a feeling most wouldn't.

  • @Steve0333 said:

    I wouldn't consider him iconic. I had no idea who he was until I read this thread. He's really only known I think to a relatively small subset of people. Older gamers who remember playing silent hill back in the day. I played the first silent hill but found it boring and I dont really remember much from it. I never played any of the sequels. But maybe I'm wrong and this pyramid head guy is widely known and I just happen to miss the bus on it. I should go ask random strangers if they ever heard of him, I have a feeling most wouldn't.

    To be fair, knowledge of characters depends on the person, i for example dont know pennywise, candyman or that hellraiser dude. Never even saw a single leatherface movie.

    Pyramid head came from the second game and became hugely popular so they put him the movie, and then the movie's redesign int the fifht game. He's known enough so that newer charakters with something stuck on their head getcompared to him, example being the keeper from evil within games.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282512#Comment_1282512

    Look I LOVE Silent Hill, but even @SpaceCoconut made a good point.

    What good would it be to a player using a sword like leatherface’s chainsaw at an abysmally slow pace?

    Pyramid Head only managed to be as terrifying as it was due to the fairly confined spaces James encounters it.

    Here's how you make him terrifying. Zero terror radius, only thing you hear is the scraping of his great knife getting closer to you. M2 creates a 32m fog, similar to clowns gas. Pyramid head gets faster by 10% and can see the the aura of anyone trapped in the fog. Ultra rare add on slows him by 5%, but makes his knife an Insta down in the fog.

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280951#Comment_1280951

    Horror game franchise =/= horror franchise? Like I said, "world of horror" includes the world of video game horror.... and there are two Silent Hill movies....

    And I understand if you don't think that it was iconic, but it obviously influenced the entire world of video game horror upon it's inception.... that's pretty big! And people still love it and reference it to this day. I know that people think "Wikipedia bad" because their school teachers drilled that statement into their heads, but Wikipedia does provide citations and articles to back up the statements made on their pages. I don't trust Wikipedia for some things, but I think they're fine when it comes to movies, games, e.t.c.. Especially if they're providing the articles that they take their statements from, so you can check the validity for yourself.

    I think the honey dripping thing is MUCH further of a reach than the 4 fitting perfectly on PH's hat.... Lol

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/575/Untitled.png

    As someone else said, it's a very small demographic you'd be fitting by adding such a character most likely. I for example never played Silent Hill, I've heard of it, but know nothing about it. If I specifically were to think "Video game horror", I'd be thinking of Until Dawn, because it blends the ideas of classic horror movies and video games so perfectly into each other. I don't hear a lot about Silent Hill anymore, sure, in some corners Silent Hill may be some god-like title, and I've heard the name Pyramid Head, but it's not like I've ever felt a desire to find out about it. I don't think it's some super popular horror franchise that everyone and their mother know about, especially story-wise.


  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282623#Comment_1282623

    Well, I wouldn't exactly boil him all the way down to "just a guy who plays DBD" since he is both a content creator whose job it is to cover Dead By Daylight and related news day in and day out and someone who has been doing it alongside playing the game since 2016 so he also has the benefit of a very great amount of experience, which makes him stand out a bit more than just "a guy who plays DBD"

    And if that wasn't enough he's also a Fog Whisperer, which is a group of people who have been recognized by the dev team themselves as individuals who have "who have gone above and beyond with their impact on the Dead by Daylight community." (a quote from a community manager / official member of the dev team) So, whether you like it or not, his word does carry a certain amount of weight and influence and there's not much you can do or say to change or dispute that.

    I only brought him up as an example because he is a very well-respected and extremely wholesome character in the Dead By Daylight community, so I used him as an example to point out both "toxic people" (which I guess, is me in this situation) who are just wet blankets raining on the parades of others and "wholesome, positive people" can share the same opinion and just go about expressing it in different ways.

    And yes, I skimmed your whole post (I might as well have read it in full, even if I wasn't hanging on to your every word) and yes, I read your silly attempt to somehow squeeze "Silent Hill" into the framework of the words the devs said. If you read my original post in full, you would have seen me shoot that notion down completely and utterly.

    You also would have read me say that the third anniversary teaser image had NOTHING to do with the chapter, so if I'm forced to repeat myself more blatantly: it had nothing to do with Ghostface. Side by side here is the Scream 3 teaser image:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/169/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/645/image.png

    and here is DBD 3rd anniversary:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/492/image.png

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/990/image.png

    Not only does the Ghostface we have have nothing to do with the scream movies or franchise. At all. THESE. LOOK. NOTHING. ALIKE.

    Stop drawing comparisons and parallels where they don't exist! You don't have actual empirical evidence, and regardless of whether or not you like my saying that, doesn't change the fact.

    And finally going back to the Konami thing, I'm sorry, but I can't change the fact that the company literally soiled and sullied their entire name and brand to the point where now almost nobody wants to support them as a company, so now when everybody thinks "Konami nowadays" they think of the popular phrase: "F*ck Konami" and for good reason. If you don't know about that reason, you should honestly take the time to look it up and see whether or not it impacts your "theory" and I guarantee you it does.

    You are being too strict. The font used in the 3rd year teaser was rather close to your link image as both was written with a knife. Blood was used to wright it to further enforce that. And its overall coloring being a shade of white plastic, even the in the darkened images of Spirit and Clown. All of that was hints towards Ghostface.

    Where OP is failing is that he is over focusing on a SINGLE detail while ignoring the other hints of the 4th teaser.


    PH fits the font used for the 4. But what about the gold that 4 is made of? What about the background? The entire background looks to be made of gold metal covered in black. The 2nd teaser shows even more gold having the skull also made of out gold and even details that the blackness is likely to be oil. What is oil often called? Black gold!

    The OP is outright ignoring more than 2/3s of the teaser and is solely focusing on a single detail. PH or Silent Hill has nothing to do with gold the color nor metal that I can remember. Oil as well I can't recall having to do with anything in Silent Hill.


    Ghostface fit all 3 details of the 3rd teaser. Font, material, and color. PH only fits the font in the 4th teaser.

  • Honestly I kind of hope it is.

    Who would they have as a survivor? 🤔

  • @Dwinchester said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282526#Comment_1282526

    Here's how you make him terrifying. Zero terror radius, only thing you hear is the scraping of his great knife getting closer to you. M2 creates a 32m fog, similar to clowns gas. Pyramid head gets faster by 10% and can see the the aura of anyone trapped in the fog. Ultra rare add on slows him by 5%, but makes his knife an Insta down in the fog.

    Oh my goodness! This is almost exactly what my brother and I were thinking could be his character in-game!

    With something like that, he would definitely be unique and terrifying....

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1281622#Comment_1281622

    As someone else said, it's a very small demographic you'd be fitting by adding such a character most likely. I for example never played Silent Hill, I've heard of it, but know nothing about it. If I specifically were to think "Video game horror", I'd be thinking of Until Dawn, because it blends the ideas of classic horror movies and video games so perfectly into each other. I don't hear a lot about Silent Hill anymore, sure, in some corners Silent Hill may be some god-like title, and I've heard the name Pyramid Head, but it's not like I've ever felt a desire to find out about it. I don't think it's some super popular horror franchise that everyone and their mother know about, especially story-wise.

    Well, you have to understand that "iconic" and "classic" do not mean "extremely popular" and "recognized worldwide". Like I said in my main post, not every character has to be on the level of Myers and Krueger to be "iconic"! Silent Hill is iconic in the world of horror games because it is still being referenced and praised to this day as an excellent, groundbreaking horror game for it's time, and developers are still taking inspiration from the franchise. Of course there will be people who don't know about Silent Hill (especially younger gamers), but that's to be expected.

    There is also talk of Konami working with Sony, Hideo Kojima and Masahiro Ito to reboot the Silent Hill series, so.... who knows? This could be a way to introduce more gamers to Silent Hill, through a monster and character from their game being in DbD! It would be very smart to include a popular, successful and classic horror game franchise in DbD.

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282859#Comment_1282859

    Well, you have to understand that "iconic" and "classic" do not mean "extremely popular" and "recognized worldwide". Like I said in my main post, not every character has to be on the level of Myers and Krueger to be "iconic"! Silent Hill is iconic in the world of horror games because it is still being referenced and praised to this day as an excellent, groundbreaking horror game for it's time, and developers are still taking inspiration from the franchise. Of course there will be people who don't know about Silent Hill (especially younger gamers), but that's to be expected.

    There is also talk of Konami working with Sony, Hideo Kojima and Masahiro Ito to reboot the Silent Hill series, so.... who knows? This could be a way to introduce more gamers to Silent Hill, through a monster and character from their game being in DbD! It would be very smart to include a popular, successful and classic horror game franchise in DbD.

    Unless that talk of Konami wanting to reboot Silent Hill is recent, that project was cancelled long ago.

  • @mottigedel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1283116#Comment_1283116

    i admit it's smart, but the devs never do something like that .. they like to stick with the same formula with small itterations here and there. because you know why? they are afraid ofthe backlash they get for doing something totally different and survivors would scream for nerfs or unfair or killers would scream: too weak or too slow or what is this etc etc.

    I really don't think the developers care too much about the communities whining as much as you think.... looking at their latest devstream Q&A, there were things that stuck out at me that I thought, "Dang, good for them for not catering to everyones' every whim". For example:

    When asked about buffs for Legion and Clown, they only responded about Clown and not Legion. You'd think that buffing Legion would be a priority with all of the forum users that cry "Legion is bad!!11 ! pls fix !1!", but I think they know that he is in a good spot right now and not in need of any changes. His recent change of being able to see blood and scratch marks while in fatigue actually gave him a great boost, and I personally think he's great right now -- I think the devs share this opinion. I think this goes for many other "issues" that people have -- to the devs and many other gamers, they're NOT actual problems, but they're hyped up to appear like actual problems by forum users.

    I mean, they added Deathslinger.... tall old man with a gun and a limp! And Demogorgon.... puppy! I think they'll do something great with Pyramid Head, if they do end up adding him.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1283130#Comment_1283130

    Unless that talk of Konami wanting to reboot Silent Hill is recent, that project was cancelled long ago.

    The talk that I heard of only took place a couple months ago! 😊 Around March, to be exact.

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1283134#Comment_1283134

    The talk that I heard of only took place a couple months ago! 😊 Around March, to be exact.

    I hope Kojima gives Konami the finger for what they did to MGS.

  • Silent Hill in Dead by daylight, YES I buy !🤗

  • Pretty well written theory at least.

  • @mottigedel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282959#Comment_1282959

    So which killer does fit that description of gold and metal? and black oil oozing from the skull?


    Iv looked and looked over google images using any form of text I can think of covering gold, oil, or a mix of them. I also skimmed over a wiki list that "supposedly" named every horror movie made since the the 1920s. Doubt I seen everything, HIGHLY doubt it. But I just haven't been able to find anything that fits all 3.

    Very few movies fit the 4s font at first glance. There is several different posters and ads for just about every movie made so I might have looked through 5% at BEST, but nothing worth noting. The font could also be something within the movie itself and not in promotional fluff. Though how extremely drawn out the 4 is in going all the way below the teaser is likely as important as the font itself.

    Gold and oil aren't exactly good themes either when doing random searches. Plenty of stuff about Aztec, Mayan, Amazon, Congo, or those likes that have gold as a sub plot. Oil is a harder thing to come by though I'll admit but they exist. BOTH gold and oil? I'll NEVER be able to know without sitting down and watching every single movie that even remotely looks to fit. That would take days to gather a list of movies, weeks to find copies of them all, and likely months to watch.

    Im stumped to put it simple. No ideas at all and I am working off of assumptions as well in it being literal gold and oil. They could be a reference instead of raw materials.

    The gold could mean "golden age" and the oil can be an artistic vision "black and white" using the colors black and gold as I only assume it is oil from the skull. But as the skull itself is no more than the DbD tally mark logo, it should be ignored. That even makes the hints support each other. The font is the odd man out, but "golden age" and "black and white" both refer to classic films.

    Meaning it could be one of the original move monsters such as Frankenstein's Monster, Invisible Man, Dracula, The Mummy, or The Creature from the Black Lagoon.



    Crazy thought.

    The Creature from the Black Lagoon. It fits. It fits VERY WELL!


    That movie is a golden age classic. Fits the gold theme as well as the vague "classic license" detail in the teasers description.

    It is black and white as well as deals with water. Black and white is obvious, but after taking another look at the teaser's background. The black could be water and the gold could be air bubbles. Those gold spots, are all ROUNDED! Ignoring the skull as I assume we should and the background gold spots are all circles of varying sizes and look a LOT like air bubbles in water.

    That leaves the font used for the 4. A pair of human legs can make that shape.

    Watch this clip and compare it yourself.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ariuokNFhSw


    Notice the bubbles of air all being varying sizes of circles in and out of focus, just like the teasers background. Now look at the 2 minute mark. Her legs roughly form the shape of the teasers 4, be it backwards and upside down, and see how the Creature nearly grabs those legs to drag her all the way to the bottom. That matches the 4s font AND it going all the way below the bottom

    It fits EVERYTHING!

  • @Chewy102 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1283080#Comment_1283080

    Iv looked and looked over google images using any form of text I can think of covering gold, oil, or a mix of them. I also skimmed over a wiki list that "supposedly" named every horror movie made since the the 1920s. Doubt I seen everything, HIGHLY doubt it. But I just haven't been able to find anything that fits all 3.

    Very few movies fit the 4s font at first glance. There is several different posters and ads for just about every movie made so I might have looked through 5% at BEST, but nothing worth noting. The font could also be something within the movie itself and not in promotional fluff. Though how extremely drawn out the 4 is in going all the way below the teaser is likely as important as the font itself.

    Gold and oil aren't exactly good themes either when doing random searches. Plenty of stuff about Aztec, Mayan, Amazon, Congo, or those likes that have gold as a sub plot. Oil is a harder thing to come by though I'll admit but they exist. BOTH gold and oil? I'll NEVER be able to know without sitting down and watching every single movie that even remotely looks to fit. That would take days to gather a list of movies, weeks to find copies of them all, and likely months to watch.

    Im stumped to put it simple. No ideas at all and I am working off of assumptions as well in it being literal gold and oil. They could be a reference instead of raw materials.

    The gold could mean "golden age" and the oil can be an artistic vision "black and white" using the colors black and gold as I only assume it is oil from the skull. But as the skull itself is no more than the DbD tally mark logo, it should be ignored. That even makes the hints support each other. The font is the odd man out, but "golden age" and "black and white" both refer to classic films.

    Meaning it could be one of the original move monsters such as Frankenstein's Monster, Invisible Man, Dracula, The Mummy, or The Creature from the Black Lagoon.

    Crazy thought.

    The Creature from the Black Lagoon. It fits. It fits VERY WELL!

    That movie is a golden age classic. Fits the gold theme as well as the vague "classic license" detail in the teasers description.

    It is black and white as well as deals with water. Black and white is obvious, but after taking another look at the teaser's background. The black could be water and the gold could be air bubbles. Those gold spots, are all ROUNDED! Ignoring the skull as I assume we should and the background gold spots are all circles of varying sizes and look a LOT like air bubbles in water.

    That leaves the font used for the 4. A pair of human legs can make that shape.

    Watch this clip and compare it yourself.

    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ariuokNFhSw

    Notice the bubbles of air all being varying sizes of circles in and out of focus, just like the teasers background. Now look at the 2 minute mark. Her legs roughly form the shape of the teasers 4, be it backwards and upside down, and see how the Creature nearly grabs those legs to drag her all the way to the bottom. That matches the 4s font AND it going all the way below the bottom

    It fits EVERYTHING!

    Cool theory! I'm welcome to anything at this point, as long as it's not Candyman.... but even if it is him, I'll keep playing anyway, of course! 😏

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1282859#Comment_1282859

    Well, you have to understand that "iconic" and "classic" do not mean "extremely popular" and "recognized worldwide". Like I said in my main post, not every character has to be on the level of Myers and Krueger to be "iconic"! Silent Hill is iconic in the world of horror games because it is still being referenced and praised to this day as an excellent, groundbreaking horror game for it's time, and developers are still taking inspiration from the franchise. Of course there will be people who don't know about Silent Hill (especially younger gamers), but that's to be expected.

    There is also talk of Konami working with Sony, Hideo Kojima and Masahiro Ito to reboot the Silent Hill series, so.... who knows? This could be a way to introduce more gamers to Silent Hill, through a monster and character from their game being in DbD! It would be very smart to include a popular, successful and classic horror game franchise in DbD.

    I literally only know the name of the game, and am not a younger gamer. If it's not something that is well known in the entire genre of horror, I don't see how it'd be considered iconic. Maybe it was a great game, but that doesn't mean most of the world knows about it, which would mean that it would mean very little to most people if it were to be introduced as a killer.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1283130#Comment_1283130

    I literally only know the name of the game, and am not a younger gamer. If it's not something that is well known in the entire genre of horror, I don't see how it'd be considered iconic. Maybe it was a great game, but that doesn't mean most of the world knows about it, which would mean that it would mean very little to most people if it were to be introduced as a killer.

    Silent hill 2 was a bad game. The controls are horrible, the film grain is annoying, the voice acting is terrible, and the characters are over the top. What made it iconic is pyramid head and the environment.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1283130#Comment_1283130

    I literally only know the name of the game, and am not a younger gamer. If it's not something that is well known in the entire genre of horror, I don't see how it'd be considered iconic. Maybe it was a great game, but that doesn't mean most of the world knows about it, which would mean that it would mean very little to most people if it were to be introduced as a killer.

    I don't know how to explain it to you any further, but it's iconic because it was basically the first game of it's genre. Like I talked about in my original post, it had a very large impact upon the world of horror gaming upon it's release, and many game developers still take inspiration from it to this day. I mean, I'd never heard of Hellraiser until recently (due to all the speculation), but that doesn't mean it's not iconic just because I and other people haven't heard of it. I'm sure it's had an impact of it's own upon the horror genre, and me not knowing about it does not change the fact. That's what I'm saying about Silent Hill.... just because you personally don't know much about it doesn't mean that so many other people don't that it's not iconic in the horror genre. I mean, heck, I'm sure BHVR took at least some inspiration from Silent Hill, with the fog and different realms and all that!

    With anything that exists in media, there are going to be people who don't know what it is or have never heard of it. For instance, I didn't even know about Stranger Things until I started playing DbD. Did that change how I thought about Demogorgon whatsoever? No! I just thought it was pretty cool and Nancy and Steve were neat as well. It was cool to find out that they were from a Netflix show, and that just made me like them even more. I think if Silent Hill is added to the game, it would be the same thing as that -- the people who didn't know about it would think it was neat and scary, and the people who do know about it and want it in the game would love playing as Pyramid Head on a Silent Hill themed map.

  • I hope it's not. I'd rather have Jason, Pinhead, or the Tall Man.

  • @Hippie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1283735#Comment_1283735

    I don't know how to explain it to you any further, but it's iconic because it was basically the first game of it's genre. Like I talked about in my original post, it had a very large impact upon the world of horror gaming upon it's release, and many game developers still take inspiration from it to this day. I mean, I'd never heard of Hellraiser until recently (due to all the speculation), but that doesn't mean it's not iconic just because I and other people haven't heard of it. I'm sure it's had an impact of it's own upon the horror genre, and me not knowing about it does not change the fact. That's what I'm saying about Silent Hill.... just because you personally don't know much about it doesn't mean that so many other people don't that it's not iconic in the horror genre. I mean, heck, I'm sure BHVR took at least some inspiration from Silent Hill, with the fog and different realms and all that!

    With anything that exists in media, there are going to be people who don't know what it is or have never heard of it. For instance, I didn't even know about Stranger Things until I started playing DbD. Did that change how I thought about Demogorgon whatsoever? No! I just thought it was pretty cool and Nancy and Steve were neat as well. It was cool to find out that they were from a Netflix show, and that just made me like them even more. I think if Silent Hill is added to the game, it would be the same thing as that -- the people who didn't know about it would think it was neat and scary, and the people who do know about it and want it in the game would love playing as Pyramid Head on a Silent Hill themed map.

    Stranger Things was added because it was very WIDELY known and talked about at the time. It's been extremely popular since it's creation and almost everyone knows about Stranger Things(even the normies talk about it, if not mostly the normies talk about it). That's just what I'm saying the difference is. I barely know anyone who talks about Silent Hill(actually no one talks about it now), it's just not as well known. That's why Stranger Things has a such a huge price tag. While yes, just because I don't know of something doesn't mean that many other people don't, but considering it is NOT a hot topic right now and has never been a WIDELY talked about hot topic, means that not many people will be like "Ooh yay Silent Hill!". IF they made a Silent Hill chapter, it would not be targeted towards a very big demographic. If this chapter is supposed to be very big, Silent Hill wouldn't be that.

  • @Atrushan88 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1283873#Comment_1283873

    Stranger Things was added because it was very WIDELY known and talked about at the time. It's been extremely popular since it's creation and almost everyone knows about Stranger Things(even the normies talk about it, if not mostly the normies talk about it). That's just what I'm saying the difference is. I barely know anyone who talks about Silent Hill(actually no one talks about it now), it's just not as well known. That's why Stranger Things has a such a huge price tag. While yes, just because I don't know of something doesn't mean that many other people don't, but considering it is NOT a hot topic right now and has never been a WIDELY talked about hot topic, means that not many people will be like "Ooh yay Silent Hill!". IF they made a Silent Hill chapter, it would not be targeted towards a very big demographic. If this chapter is supposed to be very big, Silent Hill wouldn't be that.

    I understand what you're saying, but, you know.... Silent Hill was also popular in it's time. Probably not on the level of Stranger Things since it's a Netflix show (and the internet was smaller at that time), but it was still very popular and widely known (and a best-seller!) among the gaming community when it was in it's heyday. Stranger Things is currently in it's heyday, just like Silent Hill was two decades ago, and I guarantee there will be far less people talking about it in 20 years time, just like Silent Hill. And like I said before, something doesn't have to be on the level of Michael Myers or Jason to be iconic, which is what I feel people are stuck on for some reason. Silent Hill was and still is memorable and influential in the world of video game horror, notable for revolutionizing the video game horror genre, and numerous video game publications still praise Silent Hill to this day. That is "Iconic"!

    And I think it would still be a very big chapter. Adding a character from a successful and classic video game franchise into your own would be a very smart business move, especially if the talk of Sony, Kojima and Konami partnering to make new Silent Hill games comes to fruition.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    Stop

    It's not, It's just not.

    I swear to God if anybody ever even mentions the fact that the number "4" is shaped like Pyramid Head I'm going to lose it. OF COURSE IT IS It's the FOURTH anniversary aka the number Four. The devs can't change how the f*ck numbers or time works I could have told you that the number 4 looks kind of like Pyramid head four years ago and it would be utterly meaningless. That is purely coincidental, that's not actual evidence.

    I mean seriously "The number four has a triangle in it... Pyramids are made of triangles... OHMYGODIT'SPYRAMIDHEAD"

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/957/image.png

    That sh*t is conspiracy on the level of drawing triangles everywhere and saying "illuminati confirmed"

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/366/image.png

    It is stylized in the form appropriate for a horror game / thematic. There is nothing more to read into that image, because if the 4 had significance than that means the whole image would require significance, what does the color pallete mean, why did they choose black and gold? Where is the connection of Gold to the Silent Hill franchise? What does the Skull mean? Why is there a black liquid oozing from the skull? How is that connected to Silent Hill? and so on and so on.

    By this logic you'd also have to contend with Candyman as a potential candidate, based off the image alone. You don't have to change the number 4 that much if at all to draw comparisons to Pyramid Head, in fact I'd say it'd be basically impossible to draw the number 4 without looking like a side profile of pyramid head that's why I say it's completely coincidental. However, the decision to drag out the last line of the number 4 all the way down to the bottom of the image slowly getting thinner and thinner is a deliberate art choice made by whoever on the team was responsible for creating the art.

    It almost looks like it's dripping, and what is gold and drips slowly like that? Honey. What killer is connected to Honey? How about The Candyman who was coated in the stuff and burned alive. That and considering the repeated use of the gold color spattered and speckled across the entire image I'd say you would have a stronger case for Candyman than Pyramid Head.

    If I was a betting man I would be putting my money on Candyman considering all of those were deliberate art choices the team had to go out of their way to create making them much more likely to be hints. Whereas almost any 4 you could draw would at least look similar to the image of a side profile of pyramid head.

    However, I don't put stock into either theory because it's just a teaser image for the 4th year anniversary, there are likely no "clues" or secret "hints" to find there, that would be far too predictable and easy to puzzle out. It's not like the third year anniversary teaser with the blood spatters making a three had any connection to the nearest chapter that was going to be released then at the time (Which I believe was Ghostface if I remember correctly)

    And to put a serious dent in your it is "iconic in the world of horror since it's release" and "classic" argument, (which was partly based on Wikipedia of all things, really? Wikipedia is 50% of your sources? The one source that every english class ever tells you not to cite??) it is frankly not. "The world of horror" as a whole is far older than video games, and to be quite frank the video game industry is still very, VERY much new and pales in comparison to the much older and established industry of Film and TV who reach audiences at a far more expansive level and far wider range beyond even the most popular video games.

    The characters that are most well recognized in terms of horror but just generally in all things are the ones that are shown on the big screen, people who aren't gamers are not going to know who Pyramid Head is. Hell, I'm a gamer and I'm not interested in Konami or the Silent Hill franchise though I've heard about it. Making such an announcement would only be interesting to a select audiences ears and nobody else, but those same people would on the other hand recognize the bad-ass Xenomorph, or super creepy Pennywise the dancing clown, or the Predator, or Pinhead, Candyman, literally anybody else. There's a very large difference between what's recognizeable to horror fans and the general public at large- Pyramid head is not recognizeable at all to the latter and even for the former you'd have to specify and boil down to horror fans who play video games which is an even smaller and more specific demographic.

    Can Pyramid Head ever make it into the game? Absolutely, and he'd probably be super dope and creepy too. But for this chapter? The one that has been hyped up as the singlehandedly most important and emotional chapter in the history of Dead By Daylight TO DATE? Hell no. If that were actually true I and I assume very, very, very many other people would be incredibly disappointed.

    I bet you feel like a clown now, huh? :)

  • @Ihatelife said:

    Oh god it would be awesome, but I doubt it would happen. Konami is now completely a dead company now though.

    WHAT DID YOU SAY?!

  • @Hag.is.Dtier said:

    I hope it's Silent Hill 2 pyramid head and not the ######### movie licence.

    It is from Silent Hill 2 body! He looks exactly like from the game!

  • @mottigedel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1280951#Comment_1280951

    so dude, the 4 wasn't a coicidence after all. i knew there was more behind it

    Yeah the 4 was indeed the pyramid head. It was a good call out to whoever discovered it.

    However, it doesn't change my other points. They over-hyped this saying it's an iconic horror franchise and that it marked the world of horror since its inception.


    Silent Hill is just neither of these, like at all. The movies were medoicre at best and it was hardly a franchise.

    Now yes, the game was a pretty big franchise, but again it was a casual rip off of other survivor horror games.


    Don't get me wrong, I love the chapter, and it is very entertaining, but they hyped it to be something completely different and that to me, is where most of the disappointment is coming from. I'll certainly enjoy it personally though, as I loved Silent Hill 2 and 3, 1 was okay but 2 and 3 were it for me. I'd say The Room, because that was a fantastic game but it was far away from what Silent Hill was

  • @Seiko300 said:

    Stop

    It's not, It's just not.

    I swear to God if anybody ever even mentions the fact that the number "4" is shaped like Pyramid Head I'm going to lose it. OF COURSE IT IS It's the FOURTH anniversary aka the number Four. The devs can't change how the f*ck numbers or time works I could have told you that the number 4 looks kind of like Pyramid head four years ago and it would be utterly meaningless. That is purely coincidental, that's not actual evidence.

    I mean seriously "The number four has a triangle in it... Pyramids are made of triangles... OHMYGODIT'SPYRAMIDHEAD"

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/957/image.png

    That sh*t is conspiracy on the level of drawing triangles everywhere and saying "illuminati confirmed"

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/366/image.png

    It is stylized in the form appropriate for a horror game / thematic. There is nothing more to read into that image, because if the 4 had significance than that means the whole image would require significance, what does the color pallete mean, why did they choose black and gold? Where is the connection of Gold to the Silent Hill franchise? What does the Skull mean? Why is there a black liquid oozing from the skull? How is that connected to Silent Hill? and so on and so on.

    By this logic you'd also have to contend with Candyman as a potential candidate, based off the image alone. You don't have to change the number 4 that much if at all to draw comparisons to Pyramid Head, in fact I'd say it'd be basically impossible to draw the number 4 without looking like a side profile of pyramid head that's why I say it's completely coincidental. However, the decision to drag out the last line of the number 4 all the way down to the bottom of the image slowly getting thinner and thinner is a deliberate art choice made by whoever on the team was responsible for creating the art.

    It almost looks like it's dripping, and what is gold and drips slowly like that? Honey. What killer is connected to Honey? How about The Candyman who was coated in the stuff and burned alive. That and considering the repeated use of the gold color spattered and speckled across the entire image I'd say you would have a stronger case for Candyman than Pyramid Head.

    If I was a betting man I would be putting my money on Candyman considering all of those were deliberate art choices the team had to go out of their way to create making them much more likely to be hints. Whereas almost any 4 you could draw would at least look similar to the image of a side profile of pyramid head.

    However, I don't put stock into either theory because it's just a teaser image for the 4th year anniversary, there are likely no "clues" or secret "hints" to find there, that would be far too predictable and easy to puzzle out. It's not like the third year anniversary teaser with the blood spatters making a three had any connection to the nearest chapter that was going to be released then at the time (Which I believe was Ghostface if I remember correctly)

    And to put a serious dent in your it is "iconic in the world of horror since it's release" and "classic" argument, (which was partly based on Wikipedia of all things, really? Wikipedia is 50% of your sources? The one source that every english class ever tells you not to cite??) it is frankly not. "The world of horror" as a whole is far older than video games, and to be quite frank the video game industry is still very, VERY much new and pales in comparison to the much older and established industry of Film and TV who reach audiences at a far more expansive level and far wider range beyond even the most popular video games.

    The characters that are most well recognized in terms of horror but just generally in all things are the ones that are shown on the big screen, people who aren't gamers are not going to know who Pyramid Head is. Hell, I'm a gamer and I'm not interested in Konami or the Silent Hill franchise though I've heard about it. Making such an announcement would only be interesting to a select audiences ears and nobody else, but those same people would on the other hand recognize the bad-ass Xenomorph, or super creepy Pennywise the dancing clown, or the Predator, or Pinhead, Candyman, literally anybody else. There's a very large difference between what's recognizeable to horror fans and the general public at large- Pyramid head is not recognizeable at all to the latter and even for the former you'd have to specify and boil down to horror fans who play video games which is an even smaller and more specific demographic.

    Can Pyramid Head ever make it into the game? Absolutely, and he'd probably be super dope and creepy too. But for this chapter? The one that has been hyped up as the singlehandedly most important and emotional chapter in the history of Dead By Daylight TO DATE? Hell no. If that were actually true I and I assume very, very, very many other people would be incredibly disappointed.

    Dont you feel stupid now

  • Not particularly.

    To be fair it's not like I'm not the only one who was caught by surprise either by this out-of-left-field pick, both Paulie Esther and The King also misjudged the evidence. Also made practically a dozen other theories and Pyramid Head was on the low priority end in the scale of likelihood for both of them.

    To be entirely honest the people who said it was PH just made a lucky guess based off a hunch and some pretty stretched logic, the fact that it just so happened to actually pan out does not change that.

    And it was indeed out of left field, almost 4 years and I had never once (that I can recall) remember hearing the devs even passingly mention Silent Hill, and all of a sudden Dave Richard comes on stream saying Silent Hill was one of the first and really beloved horror video games he played way back when. This was entirely new information, at least to me, that was basically the equivalent of a Deus Ex Machina.

    I remember seeing Scott Jund's reaction to the "4" turning into the Side Profile of Pyramid Head and he said: "It was so obvious" and my immediate thought was - Yeah, it was so obvious. Way too obvious, such a blatant hint put front and center in front of the eyes of literal thousands that was not subtle at all. There was no way the devs would actually make it that easy to figure out would it? Apparently the devs were counting on this, and quite literally pulled a mindgame on many including me.

    That and the whole deal with Konami, everybody thinking about the evidence for Candyman, Pennywise, Pinhead, The Xenmorph, hell even Jason Voorhees became a much more plausible candidate than ever before. The evidence seemed to stack up far in the favor of literally anybody else, and what evidence there was for PH seemed far too surface level or coincidental, and I don't think anybody can fault me for that.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    Stop

    It's not, It's just not.

    I swear to God if anybody ever even mentions the fact that the number "4" is shaped like Pyramid Head I'm going to lose it. OF COURSE IT IS It's the FOURTH anniversary aka the number Four. The devs can't change how the f*ck numbers or time works I could have told you that the number 4 looks kind of like Pyramid head four years ago and it would be utterly meaningless. That is purely coincidental, that's not actual evidence.

    I mean seriously "The number four has a triangle in it... Pyramids are made of triangles... OHMYGODIT'SPYRAMIDHEAD"

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/957/image.png

    That sh*t is conspiracy on the level of drawing triangles everywhere and saying "illuminati confirmed"

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/366/image.png

    It is stylized in the form appropriate for a horror game / thematic. There is nothing more to read into that image, because if the 4 had significance than that means the whole image would require significance, what does the color pallete mean, why did they choose black and gold? Where is the connection of Gold to the Silent Hill franchise? What does the Skull mean? Why is there a black liquid oozing from the skull? How is that connected to Silent Hill? and so on and so on.

    By this logic you'd also have to contend with Candyman as a potential candidate, based off the image alone. You don't have to change the number 4 that much if at all to draw comparisons to Pyramid Head, in fact I'd say it'd be basically impossible to draw the number 4 without looking like a side profile of pyramid head that's why I say it's completely coincidental. However, the decision to drag out the last line of the number 4 all the way down to the bottom of the image slowly getting thinner and thinner is a deliberate art choice made by whoever on the team was responsible for creating the art.

    It almost looks like it's dripping, and what is gold and drips slowly like that? Honey. What killer is connected to Honey? How about The Candyman who was coated in the stuff and burned alive. That and considering the repeated use of the gold color spattered and speckled across the entire image I'd say you would have a stronger case for Candyman than Pyramid Head.

    If I was a betting man I would be putting my money on Candyman considering all of those were deliberate art choices the team had to go out of their way to create making them much more likely to be hints. Whereas almost any 4 you could draw would at least look similar to the image of a side profile of pyramid head.

    However, I don't put stock into either theory because it's just a teaser image for the 4th year anniversary, there are likely no "clues" or secret "hints" to find there, that would be far too predictable and easy to puzzle out. It's not like the third year anniversary teaser with the blood spatters making a three had any connection to the nearest chapter that was going to be released then at the time (Which I believe was Ghostface if I remember correctly)

    And to put a serious dent in your it is "iconic in the world of horror since it's release" and "classic" argument, (which was partly based on Wikipedia of all things, really? Wikipedia is 50% of your sources? The one source that every english class ever tells you not to cite??) it is frankly not. "The world of horror" as a whole is far older than video games, and to be quite frank the video game industry is still very, VERY much new and pales in comparison to the much older and established industry of Film and TV who reach audiences at a far more expansive level and far wider range beyond even the most popular video games.

    The characters that are most well recognized in terms of horror but just generally in all things are the ones that are shown on the big screen, people who aren't gamers are not going to know who Pyramid Head is. Hell, I'm a gamer and I'm not interested in Konami or the Silent Hill franchise though I've heard about it. Making such an announcement would only be interesting to a select audiences ears and nobody else, but those same people would on the other hand recognize the bad-ass Xenomorph, or super creepy Pennywise the dancing clown, or the Predator, or Pinhead, Candyman, literally anybody else. There's a very large difference between what's recognizeable to horror fans and the general public at large- Pyramid head is not recognizeable at all to the latter and even for the former you'd have to specify and boil down to horror fans who play video games which is an even smaller and more specific demographic.

    Can Pyramid Head ever make it into the game? Absolutely, and he'd probably be super dope and creepy too. But for this chapter? The one that has been hyped up as the singlehandedly most important and emotional chapter in the history of Dead By Daylight TO DATE? Hell no. If that were actually true I and I assume very, very, very many other people would be incredibly disappointed.

    You were aggressive.

  • So I've heard, and yet at the same time that's not something particularly unique to me especially in this community of all communities.

  • @Seiko300 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1309369#Comment_1309369

    So I've heard, and yet at the same time that's not something particularly unique to me especially in this community of all communities.

    I mean, you can't be blamed or shamed for something that was done media-wide.

    Pyramid Head is someone that the community responded aggressively to.

    But, still....like....we can all take a step back and chill some times.

  • i love looking through old threads, people thought this was crazy and now we're sad that our triangle man doesn't have a fat ass anymore

  • @AnneBonny said:

    i love looking through old threads, people thought this was crazy and now we're sad that our triangle man doesn't have a fat ass anymore

    OP has the biggest brain in the century.

  • @AnneBonny said:

    i love looking through old threads, people thought this was crazy and now we're sad that our triangle man doesn't have a fat ass anymore

    Hello fellow Forum Member, it seems we are both going through some old threads, huh? Don't tell anyone.

1 2 ›