Decisive Strike?
why is Decisive Strike considered Toxic and cancerous?
I mean it is a one time use hit or miss so I don't see the problem with it.
It's no more of a get out of jail free card than NOED is.
what would be a good nerf to it if its to get needed?
If you get the skill check the killers drops you but you still stay in the dying phase?
If you land the skill check the killer drops you and you enter a borrowed time effect?
Or the killer can just go for you carefree now because you have wasted your only borrowed time?
I mean it is a one time use hit or miss so I don't see the problem with it.
It's no more of a get out of jail free card than NOED is.
what would be a good nerf to it if its to get needed?
If you get the skill check the killers drops you but you still stay in the dying phase?
If you land the skill check the killer drops you and you enter a borrowed time effect?
Or the killer can just go for you carefree now because you have wasted your only borrowed time?
Comments
I love how these threads always seem to go downhill.
anecdotal evidence doesn't mean crap
Hard counter= completely Nullifies said perk or ability
What you stated was a risky soft counter at best (easily hard countered by body blocking.
i have a thousand arguments but walls tend to not be good discussing partners
Honestly Desive strike should be in the game if anybody was carrying you you would wiggly and strike the killer.
why not remove mori from the game? no killer should get a easy free kill.
I'm sure you will reply well I had to hook them first
but again your failed attempt to keep the survivor hooked shouldn't be rewarded
acho que DS precisa de um buff no skill check, menor um pouco que o skill check do gerador já ta bom, a gameplay de assassino é bem mais fácil que a de sobrevivente, e o DS só pode ser usado uma vez
There's a Portuguese sub-forum, you know: https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/categories/portuguese
Funny how often they end up about facecamping

As a killer main myself, I don't really care about the perk itself, it's the impact it has on the game. I understand from your perspective why you think the perk is fine. One time use and prevent 1 hook, big deal right?
Look at it from the killer's perspective though. Pretty much every killer has to run Ruin or some sort of gen regression ability. The rate of generators getting completed through the game is extremely fast. It's not abnormal for 2 gens to be completed by the first time you have your first hook. So, you finally get your first survivor down and the survivor uses d-strike, stuns you and runs to another loop. The time wasted chasing this survivor again is just the nail in a coffin because the other 3 will continue to pound out gens while the survivor you are chasing again continues to loop you.
It's bad enough to where it's better to just down a survivor that you know has d-strike and leave them in the dying state (don't hook) just to generate some pressure so other survivors will quit working on gens and come rescue that survivor. If you're close enough to a hook, you can "dribble" a survivor with d-strike if you know they have it. IMO, that's not working as intended so it doesn't surprise me d-strike will be nerfed. That's just one survivor, now add in 2, 3, 4 survivors and this just becomes a terrible perk for a killer to play against.
In the end, you need to play what perk works best for you. No one can rightfully get mad at you for using a mechanic that the devs put in the game. But keep this in mind when a killer uses tactics against you that you may feel are cheap like face camping or tunneling.
Imagine for a moment that somebody you desire just said "yes". You're getting ready to release all that passion you've built up and you're ready to go. Clothes are coming off and it's time for that moment
Then suddenly, a SWAT team shows up and ruins the mood before you can complete the deed.
That's akin to how it feels to be DS'd.
The game's chases are long, and often very frustrating. Then, as you finally get a payoff, it's yanked away from you.
That's why it's so hated. That dopamine release your expecting from getting the hook is suddenly denied - and it's enraging.
imagine this you put in hard work fixing Gens and unhooking teammates to finally come down to be chased.
the Exit gates are powered and you tell the ones on last hook to leave.
you finally go down all of your hard work for nothing DS gives you that 2nd chance
That's why DS needs the following changes:
Problem solved. Chase time is cut in half instead of getting a 50% increase, and the Killer gets to decide whether or not he wants to take the stun and have to catch the Survivor again. In other words, the Killer gets the power, as it should be.
that's is fair because he would have to go to each gen and if Survivors spread out and do Gens that are close to each other first.
it counters the perk.
and what 80seconds is nothing to do a gen
I've been that guy, and I accept it as part of the game. That's why there is 4 survivors and why you don't have to survive to rank up. I don't use DS as I prefer to use perks that keep me from being found in the first place. If I got found, then I failed and don't deserve to get away free anyway.
Doing 3 gens worth of work and dying at the end is 10X less frustrating than getting DS'd, I'll tell you that right now. I play both sides.
Abusive Strike is getting nerfed, it's only a matter of time.
how about this change the animation of destroying pallets so that your view can keep an eye o on survivors in front of you
Just kidding! Don't take it to heart! I just love this meme and I can't help but use it here since this thread is a killvivor war on DS!
Hard work? Dude that's all really easy! You're either crazy or this is bait.
ZombieGenesis is correct. You aren't worth any sort of attention.
they aren't a problem unless they aren't taken care of. it has a perfect balance
vs Killers whinning about a 1 time use perk that can be dealt with early on
So now you want me to camp? or what is your argument? (aside from making the killer lose no matter what because of ....... reasons.......)
Balance is when both sides use all the tools available, and this includes SWF.
If you take a solo group of CSGO players and let them play against a team with voice comms, then this would be unfair too, but nobody would claim that this means that CSGO is unbalanced
Ummmmmm..... what?