Please please please more chinese stuff in this game!

So I'm Chinese/Hispanic mix (mostly Chinese) and I well obviously wanna see more Chinese themed/Orientated things in DBD! Now I love DBD and I take pride in my race/culture so I think having more Chinese stuff would just be overall super fun! A chinese lantern festival themed map, more chinese outfits, chinese killers, and all that jazz. Chinese themes dont get put into games besides Lunar New Year stuff but even then they tend to add bare minimum actual Chinese influence when it does come to it. So DBD a simple request from me would be just please add more Chinese stuff c:

Comments

  • i want original content, not stuff that panders to certain groups

    this also includes the countless "cutesy" outfits

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    i want original content, not stuff that panders to certain groups

    this also includes the countless "cutesy" outfits

    You know something can be original and still be centered around a certain culture right? Also theres little to no 'cutesy' outfits so I think you're just mad buddy.

  • I'm still pushing for a latino male survivor some day. Hope you get more Chinese stuff, too.

  • Lets see, what we already have:

    • Chinese survivor
    • Killer inspired by a chinese doctor
    • Chinese themed cosmetics
    • chinese themed event

    That's enough for now. There a still a lot of nations/cultures which have 0 things ingame.

    (Still hoping for a medieval killer/survivor from middle europe.)

  • Personally, I'd love to see the Jiangshi represented in future chapter...

  • I like trains.

    ....

    Can we get Thomas as a killer yet?

    I think that would help put DBD on the right track.

    ....

    ....

    ( ._.)

  • @Dead_by_chrissy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277632#Comment_1277632

    You know something can be original and still be centered around a certain culture right? Also theres little to no 'cutesy' outfits so I think you're just mad buddy.

    Yamaoka map is the closest thing you can get to it.

    It's Japanese, not Chinese so........um.....

    Yeah.

  • @Dead_by_chrissy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277632#Comment_1277632

    You know something can be original and still be centered around a certain culture right? Also theres little to no 'cutesy' outfits so I think you're just mad buddy.

    There's about 5 cute outfits minimum for each girl in the store lmao

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277639#Comment_1277639

    There's about 5 cute outfits minimum for each girl in the store lmao

    Where's Kate's, Meg's, Jane's, Nea's, Zarina's, or Claudette's.

  • @Xzan said:

    Lets see, what we already have:

    • Chinese survivor
    • Killer inspired by a chinese doctor
    • Chinese themed cosmetics
    • chinese themed event

    That's enough for now. There a still a lot of nations/cultures which have 0 things ingame.

    (Still hoping for a medieval killer/survivor from middle europe.)

    Idk if you even read my post or just the title but um okay I guess.

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    I'm still pushing for a latino male survivor some day. Hope you get more Chinese stuff, too.

    Tbh Jane is really poor Latina representation since she doesn't look all that Latina :( I do agree we need more Hispanic survivors and themes in general as well though.

  • @Supernaut said:

    Personally, I'd love to see the Jiangshi represented in future chapter...

    Me too if they pull it off properly it could be real spooky!

  • @Dead_by_chrissy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277645#Comment_1277645

    Tbh Jane is really poor Latina representation since she doesn't look all that Latina :( I do agree we need more Hispanic survivors and themes in general as well though.

    Are we talking about the same Jane here? She looks Latina to me. Hell, just Google "Latina" and compare their faces to Jane's.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277729#Comment_1277729

    Are we talking about the same Jane here? She looks Latina to me. Hell, just Google "Latina" and compare their faces to Jane's.

    I think its her cheekbones which throw me off. I didn't even know she was Latina til her lore in the archives lol. Although her hair in her battle pass cosmetic helped me figure it out too (Me and her have the same exact hair)

  • China is a touchy subject. It is a beautiful country with beautiful culture. It also has one of the strictest governments on Earth. Anything that government disagrees with is essentially illegal.

    To avoid this, many games attempt to get around this by not including anything related to China, save for maybe a Lunar New Year event. Because nothing about that shows China in a negative light, it's all good to go.

    Now, let me tell you the tale of a character in Dead by Daylight. His name is Mu Yi. We know quite a bit about this guy. Likely Chinese, some of his add-ons were the Jade Charm, Nanmu Catapult and the Tiger Fang Charm. We also know that he was (obviously) a Killer.

    However, his presence would have gotten DBD banned in China, because he was a Chinese Killer (most likely, anyway). He was also heavily based on a real life monster named Yang Yongxin (who I would recommend looking up just to get the idea of his horrors).

    Mu Yi is in the game. He just had to get a different ethnicity and name. He stopped being Chinese and became African American, and Mu Yi was changed to Herman Carter. You may know him as, the Doctor.

    Like I said, China is a VERY touchy subject when it comes to their presence in video games. The fact that we have Feng Min is a surprise. And which Killer did she come with? The Doctor. The certainly tried to go for a Chinese chapter, but they just couldn't.

  • @Dead_by_chrissy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277645#Comment_1277645

    Tbh Jane is really poor Latina representation since she doesn't look all that Latina :( I do agree we need more Hispanic survivors and themes in general as well though.

    I think she pulls off latina well? Specifically Mexican latina though, and it's mostly because of the clothing items available to her that she stands out that way. Those business suits are a popular style there, as well as the on the nose stuff like her traditional top. Gotta disagree about the cheekbones too, half my fam is latino and mostly have amazing cheek bones. They're El Salvadorean though.

  • @VolantConch1719 said:

    China is a touchy subject. It is a beautiful country with beautiful culture. It also has one of the strictest governments on Earth. Anything that government disagrees with is essentially illegal.

    To avoid this, many games attempt to get around this by not including anything related to China, save for maybe a Lunar New Year event. Because nothing about that shows China in a negative light, it's all good to go.

    Now, let me tell you the tale of a character in Dead by Daylight. His name is Mu Yi. We know quite a bit about this guy. Likely Chinese, some of his add-ons were the Jade Charm, Nanmu Catapult and the Tiger Fang Charm. We also know that he was (obviously) a Killer.

    However, his presence would have gotten DBD banned in China, because he was a Chinese Killer (most likely, anyway). He was also heavily based on a real life monster named Yang Yongxin (who I would recommend looking up just to get the idea of his horrors).

    Mu Yi is in the game. He just had to get a different ethnicity and name. He stopped being Chinese and became African American, and Mu Yi was changed to Herman Carter. You may know him as, the Doctor.

    Like I said, China is a VERY touchy subject when it comes to their presence in video games. The fact that we have Feng Min is a surprise. And which Killer did she come with? The Doctor. The certainly tried to go for a Chinese chapter, but they just couldn't.

    Hold on is that true? The doctor was originally meant to be Chinese? I literally had no clue but thats cool. Man the main thing I want is something like a new map centered around an abandoned lantern festival fair grounds. Old run down shops, broken lanterns stuck up in wires with small flames illuminating them, pretty stone walkways. I wish China wasn't so strict with their policies but I'm guessing Feng Min was allowed due to her being the 'good guy' technically.

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277729#Comment_1277729

    I think she pulls off latina well? Specifically Mexican latina though, and it's mostly because of the clothing items available to her that she stands out that way. Those business suits are a popular style there, as well as the on the nose stuff like her traditional top. Gotta disagree about the cheekbones too, half my fam is latino and mostly have amazing cheek bones. They're El Salvadorean though.

    Personally I grew up with my dads Mexican side and idk I guess im not too used to seeing really defined faces like Jane has if that makes sense? Also I don't know too much on fashion in Mexico especially since all the Mexican businesswomen I've met wore pencil skirts but then again thats almost all business women I've met.

  • @Dead_by_chrissy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277768#Comment_1277768

    Personally I grew up with my dads Mexican side and idk I guess im not too used to seeing really defined faces like Jane has if that makes sense? Also I don't know too much on fashion in Mexico especially since all the Mexican businesswomen I've met wore pencil skirts but then again thats almost all business women I've met.

    Nah idk about in person (as in, actually in Mexico, we live on the east coast US), but on television that style of suit routinely pops* up, and in fashion mags too. Like this:

    Untitled Image

    As for the cheekbones, they do remind me of contour? They're extremely sharp compared to someone with natural cheek bones, unless you're David Bowie, lol.

  • @cheetocultleader said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277775#Comment_1277775

    Nah idk about in person (as in, actually in Mexico, we live on the east coast US), but on television that style of suit routinely pops* up, and in fashion mags too. Like this:

    https://i.pinimg.com/originals/c8/3c/7c/c83c7cb5d86e3608b3eb8631f0928138.jpg

    As for the cheekbones, they do remind me of contour? They're extremely sharp compared to someone with natural cheek bones, unless you're David Bowie, lol.

    Wow that actually looks a lot like Jane too lol. Huh im learning Mexican fashion on a DBD forum who wouldve guessed.

  • @Dead_by_chrissy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277785#Comment_1277785

    Wow that actually looks a lot like Jane too lol. Huh im learning Mexican fashion on a DBD forum who wouldve guessed.

    I admit I was very surprised by how close that photo was, lol. All I did was Google "Mexican Women Business Suits." ๐Ÿ˜‚

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    i want original content, not stuff that panders to certain groups

    this also includes the countless "cutesy" outfits

    You can have original and cater to that character's background. The traditional outfits that Jake and Yui got both look great. Much better than the slew of the outfits emo kids used to wear 10 years ago with ugly highlights/dyes. Or all the reskins which is what most of the cosmetics are.