If you can return one thing that was changed/removed from the game, what would it be?

A rather simple question, but I'm sure there could be some interesting answers to this. Mainly because people often clamour how sometimes old versions of Killers & Perks are better (Like OG Freddy or OG Ruin).

All of these things are changed for a reason, which is why I'm curious to ask what you would return to the game if you could and for what reason.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Old shadowborn

  • I wish there was an option in kill your friends to use the old lery's map.

  • I miss ultra rare perks. With them I was a lot easier to search perks you need because they were sorted in 3 colors.

  • Enduring becoming Pallet-exclusive.


    Was supportive at the time of the change, since Pallet stuns themselves would be even shorter, and those are the stuns i deal with the most.

    But now when i get hit by Decisive Strike, even though it rarely happens as getting the recently-unhooked Survivor isn't my style, in the rare occasion that i do get them, getting hit by a 5-second stun is incredibly annoying.

    Perhaps because it happens rarely is why it annoys me, like how i'm really satisfied if i do manage to pull off Hex: Devour Hope perfectly.

    I'd happily give up the +10% buff on Pallet stun recovery again if it means bringing back the stun duration on DS.

    I don't care about how balanced either Perk currently is, being stunned in videogames is an easy way to have me feel the opposite of joy for a little while.

    It's the only reason i've always used Enduring in the first place.


    Oh well, at least Enduring still works while Wraith is cloaked...

  • @DelsKibara said:

    A rather simple question, but I'm sure there could be some interesting answers to this. Mainly because people often clamour how sometimes old versions of Killers & Perks are better (Like OG Freddy or OG Ruin).

    All of these things are changed for a reason, which is why I'm curious to ask what you would return to the game if you could and for what reason.

    Clown jiggle physics

  • @Bubbas_mallet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1275443#Comment_1275443

    "Mathematically significant" Whats mathematically signifant is that Freddy needed to wait to smack survivors, and also he had literally nothing that would help him in a chase. Every other killer had something, he didnt.

    Legion, GhostFace and Myers don't have powers to help them in a chase?

  • Victory Cube for killers. They had it perfect and screwed it all up with the emblem system.

  • Legion. I would like to return Legion. RIP Legion.

  • @Bubbas_mallet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1274908#Comment_1274908

    I have no idea. Legit a m1 killer with no power would be better than old Freddy. You needed to walk up close to the survivors, and then put them to sleep, wait like 5 seconds for them to fall asleep, and only after that you could smack them. Then they just wake themselves up with a skillcheck.

    If you know how to juggle survivors with sleeping and the trick to using range add-ons, Freddy was actually a very strong killer. The only REAL problem he had was that survivors could do stuff in his face as they fell asleep, so if transition blocked interactions that would remove that problem completely.

    But the 50% action speed penalty in Dream World and the aura reading is REALLY strong if you know what you are doing and constantly sleep survivors. If all you do is sleep a survivor and chase them until you catch them, rinse repeat you were playing old Freddy wrong.

  • Doctor making Survivors Exhausted in Madness tier 3. I loved it when Survivors made a bad play against me and their Exhaustion perk couldn't activate.

  • The ''survivors can't no longer trigger fast vaults while touching the wall'' I felt so satisfying and skillfull vaulting cow tree counter clock wise

  • I just want my old Freddy back. All he really needed was some tweaks to his power, not a full blown rework.

  • the offerings that let you play another killer you dont have.... I had dozens of these offerings and suddenly they got disabled

  • ORANGE TRUCK

    Screenshot_20191225-213746_YouTube.jpg

    ORANGE TRUCK

  • @OBX said:

    Return the old rank reset.

    ^^ this

    Old rank reset made the game so much more fun

  • Old Freddy. The new one is boring M1 killer...

  • Give Borrowed Time its old status effect instead of Deep Wounds.

  • @Keezo said:

    Give Borrowed Time its old status effect instead of Deep Wounds.

    What was its old effect?

  • @Strancol said:

    Old Freddy. The new one is boring M1 killer...

    Wasent the old one also an m1 killer?

  • Moonlight offerings without a doubt. I LOVED playing the game with the darkest moonlight as survivor, purely for the atmosphere. I dislike how bright most maps are now, I'll usually turn down my own screen brightness to almost re-achieve this effect.

    My reason is really that ^ and that their reason was sorta bull to me. I absolutely understand that it would be difficult to adjust every map for each brightness, but I don't understand why they didn't just add them overtime like in mid chapters if they had to. It removed an aspect from the game, removed a unique effect offering and seemed a little... lazy?

  • It used to apply to both survs and instead of Deep Wounds(before Legion came out) it applied its own unique time that simply downed the survivor in 25s unless someone else gave them the good touch, which is the part im referring to, making it only effect the unhooked surv & instead of the complete non-threat of Deep Wound apply an actual hinderance.

  • @Keezo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1277049#Comment_1277049

    It used to apply to both survs and instead of Deep Wounds(before Legion came out) it applied its own unique time that simply downed the survivor in 25s unless someone else gave them the good touch, which is the part im referring to, making it only effect the unhooked surv & instead of the complete non-threat of Deep Wound apply an actual hinderance.

    So you'd have 25 seconds too do a full heal? Seems pretty weak since you can just follow the survivor for 25 seconds

  • Yes , he was M1 killer but he had very unique power. Now he's another killer with traps. I miss old Freddy so much....

  • Older Nurse and by that I mean the one with which you couldn't "cancel" the blink. It would make her more jukeable but not boring. (Of course she wouldn't have that autoaim).

  • @DelsKibara said:

    A rather simple question, but I'm sure there could be some interesting answers to this. Mainly because people often clamour how sometimes old versions of Killers & Perks are better (Like OG Freddy or OG Ruin).

    All of these things are changed for a reason, which is why I'm curious to ask what you would return to the game if you could and for what reason.

    I want to experience that feeling of truly being scared and amazed by a game mechanic.

    Nothing has come close to the fun I had the first few weeks of Pigs release.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    A rather simple question, but I'm sure there could be some interesting answers to this. Mainly because people often clamour how sometimes old versions of Killers & Perks are better (Like OG Freddy or OG Ruin).

    All of these things are changed for a reason, which is why I'm curious to ask what you would return to the game if you could and for what reason.

    Fred my animal support bird must return to the killer home screen. Yes you can see him on dead dawg saloon but thats 1 map

  • Top 5 (yes in order):


    1. 2017 Winter Solstice Event
    2. Remove blink recharge (keep the add on changes, except for wheeze and cincture)
    3. Old Yui voice (her voice got deeper after deathslinger came)
    4. Victory Cube for killers
    5. Thick perk borders (someone else mentioned that)
  • Double pallets. I miss being able to loop one section for an entire game. Or mind gaming a double pallet to smack a survivor.

  • Easily original Tinkerer. I loved that perk.

  • you can call me a bad survivor or garbage at the game but old mettle of man

  • @Bubbas_mallet said:

    That you could keep your addons when you escape.

    same here

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    Insta-heals. Sad that all ultra-rare survivor addons have been nerfed to #########.

    Well, they destroyed The Nurse but nerfed insta heals to balance this out.

  • Slower gens but stronger tiles for survivors. I want good chases.

  • @Bubbas_mallet said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1274926#Comment_1274926

    Alright, since I "dont understand" old Freddy (GetBulliedSimulator) Why dont you tell me 1 reason why he was even slightly good.

    When they failed a skillcheck they wasted progress on a gen or took time off gens. All of this because Freddy pressed M2. And he could do it to multiple survivors at one time over and over and over again.

  • Old hangman due to it being funny seeing a hook repaired quickly.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    A rather simple question, but I'm sure there could be some interesting answers to this. Mainly because people often clamour how sometimes old versions of Killers & Perks are better (Like OG Freddy or OG Ruin).

    All of these things are changed for a reason, which is why I'm curious to ask what you would return to the game if you could and for what reason.

    ruin

  • moon bouqet offerings

1 2 ›