There Really Needs to Be A Face-Camping Penalty

I play both survivor and killer, I'm not talking about hooking someone and being in the general area. I'm talking about being face-to-face, deadass face camping where you refuse to leave the hook the entire time.

Not necessarily a time out or ban potential, but these players should honestly get a giant decrease in something. Lose a pip or two. I shouldn't be losing my survivor rank because a Killer matched in red-ranks has a hook fetish, or have to lose a fellow teammate because of an insecure player.

Edit to add: If they wanna block off windows for "abuse", as a penalty for looping something too much, they can do something about face camping.

Comments

  • It's actually terrifying just how entitled and boosted some killer mains (one tricks?) can be going by this thread.

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271504#Comment_1271504

    well don’t just stand there 😂 look all I’m saying is, within a certain proximity of a hooked survivor harsher penalties should be inflicted upon the killer post match. Not only emblems but bloodpoints. If you just stand there and do nothing even though you blatantly see another survivor, well then chase them! Is it that serious you feel the need to ensure the hooked guy stays there? You have another target right in front of you 🤣 look I don’t care. All I’m saying is harsher penalties please :) I’m not getting any points sitting here on a hook with you nearby and my experience is getting affected so therefore yours should too. It’s only fair.

    Well, you failed at stealth and lost the chase. The killer won at searching and won the chase. Your teammates aren't doing anything, so the smart play is to just wait until you die and then move on. You're not going to get killers to be stupid just by demanding that they suffer for your lack of skill.

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271504#Comment_1271504

    well don’t just stand there 😂 look all I’m saying is, within a certain proximity of a hooked survivor harsher penalties should be inflicted upon the killer post match. Not only emblems but bloodpoints. If you just stand there and do nothing even though you blatantly see another survivor, well then chase them! Is it that serious you feel the need to ensure the hooked guy stays there? You have another target right in front of you 🤣 look I don’t care. All I’m saying is harsher penalties please :) I’m not getting any points sitting here on a hook with you nearby and my experience is getting affected so therefore yours should too. It’s only fair.

    This. I'm not even against camping in a sense that you're in the same area. Even if I can still see you, fine, but when you are trying to morph your body into the hooked survivor you're still close, there needs to be a much harsher penalty. These people shouldn't be in red/purple ranks, *at the very least.*

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271503#Comment_1271503

    If the game isn't fun, you can stop playing. Nobody's forcing you to stick around.

    Look, I came in to agree with the post that harsher penalties need to be installed. That’s it. You can do whatever you want as killer. But if I see you’re getting rewarded more than me at the end of the match, especially if I’ve done a good share of the work on the survivor end of things, that’s an issue imo.

  • @SunderMun said:

    It's actually terrifying just how entitled and boosted some killer mains (one tricks?) can be going by this thread.

    It's been that way since 2016 and has only gotten worse.

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271505#Comment_1271505

    Look, I came in to agree with the post that harsher penalties need to be installed. That’s it. You can do whatever you want as killer. But if I see you’re getting rewarded more than me at the end of the match, especially if I’ve done a good share of the work on the survivor end of things, that’s an issue imo.

    How does getting caught help the survivors in any way? Please explain.

  • @IWasThereOnce said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271528#Comment_1271528

    This. I'm not even against camping in a sense that you're in the same area. Even if I can still see you, fine, but when you are trying to morph your body into the hooked survivor you're still close, there needs to be a much harsher penalty. These people shouldn't be in red/purple ranks, *at the very least.*

    Exactly. Like I said DO whatever you want as killer. But there’s not enough reason to discourage this type of behavior. The current points lost, whatever system they have in place for it isn’t enough. Hell, why in my picture that I uploaded does the killer have 27K BP with only 2 kills that he camped on the whole match?

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271534#Comment_1271534

    Exactly. Like I said DO whatever you want as killer. But there’s not enough reason to discourage this type of behavior. The current points lost, whatever system they have in place for it isn’t enough. Hell, why in my picture that I uploaded does the killer have 27K BP with only 2 kills that he camped on the whole match?

    Because he didn't camp the whole match. It's not possible to get 27k by camping, unless the survivors fed him. And if they fed him, that's on them (you).

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271518#Comment_1271518

    And Survivors feel the game is 'meant' to be played in so many ways that it's not worth thinking about.

    If the Killer does not confirm a kill, he loses in under 5 minutes. But sure, the Killer losing fast is how the game's 'meant to be played' because it's Survivors winning.

    If the Killer hooks you, and someone comes to save you; that's one less person doing gens. And one more person walking into his arms to be hooked. That is, 100% how the game is meant to be played.

    All this 'meant to be played' and 'it's not fair' arguments are bullshit. It all boils down to 'Play the game the way I demand.' It's that stupid Survivor's Rulebook For Killers:

    Don't camp. Don't slug. Don't tunnel. Stay 50 yards away from all hooks at all times. Walk into pallets to be stunned. Etc. Etc.

    YOU don't get to decide 'how the game's meant to be played'.

    And as long as 2-3 generators pop in my first chase; I'm staying near that hook, because some whiny Survivor will try for an unhook, and that reduces gen pressure by half, if not more.

    It's called 'playing the game as it was meant to be played'.

    Of course, it's usually Survivors running D. Strike, B. Time, D. Hard, And Adren who screech like parrots that I'm 'playing bad' or 'unfair'. Because only SURVIVORS are allowed to play hard. If a Killer tries to get more than 2 kills, it's 'Why so tryhard?' and '2 kills is enough!' 'Tunneler', 'Camper!' and 'Sweaty Killer main'.

    I am not 'Chaser' I am 'Killer'.

    And this ain't freaking 'Boo! Haunted House' where you get a ticket after leaving and told to come back soon.

    The bottom line is camping is a valid strat.

    Camping also punishes itself and needs no more punishment unless you're freaking salty and feel entitled to 'not lose unfairly' because someone did not play by your 'rules'.

    And I am GD sick of Fully-kitted Survivors screeching like insane banshees that I'm not 'playing fair' while they run every second chance perk and think that's not a problem.

    Grow TF up, accept that sometimes you lose and there's nothing you can do about it. Screaming that it's an 'unfair loss' when the devs themselves have said it's valid, is something small children and insane sports parents do.

    You still have not yet grasped the entirety of my standpoint here. I keep saying “DO WHATEVER YOU WANT” as killer. I have no problem you camping. You have that right. But what I am saying is that you should be penalized more for that. How is that saying it’s an unfair loss or trying to get any of you to pity me lol I’m not... It’s not how it’s meant to be played though therefore harsh penalties need to be present in the case that it is being played that way. I don’t understand how people get rewarded with 27K for playing so poorly is what I am saying. What I am complaining about. Your reward does not match your work or effort. That is a problem. killers that work harder Are gettting rewarded the same. Killers that are lazy should get significantly less. It’s about fairness.

  • Anyone that says campers lose their emblem or BP by face camping, and that's punishment enough for this behavior, you are mistaken. Obviously the people doing this don't care those points or that emblem. Why would they? They will still net just as many points as the survivors, because Killers have an easier time racking up BP, and may even safety pip, depending on how quickly they caught that first survivor into the match or if someone tries to save. There needs to be a much more significant deterrent. And the survivor being victimized should automatically safety pip.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271546#Comment_1271546

    The Killer loses points and, frequently, lets Survivors escape by camping.

    What more punishment do you want? Do you want them to lose BP out of their BP bank? De-level? Uninstall the game?

    The flat out truth, no sarcasm, no instuls, is thus:

    There WAS a stronger punishment in matches for camping, and Survivors abused it for an unfair edge. Devs realized that any proxcimity-based bonus, or punishment, would be likewise abused in the same way; by keeping the Killer as close to the hook as possible, or forcing a free unhook.

    So they added a loss to the Emblems and called it a day. There was not much more they CAN do. Killer's lose points if they camp.

    Now, the tooltips COULD point this out, if someone happens to be camp-heavy 'Camping the hook may get you a kill, but it could cost you the game!' or 'When you stay near a hooked Survivor, you loose BP'.

    But they can't really implement anything stronger. There is just noting TO implement. The Killer already:

    1. Loses BP. As in, it drains a bit as the 'chaser' emblem goes down.
    2. Can cost himself the match
    3. And can depip

    What else is there to do that would not be bloody overkill?

    Bloodpoints aren’t affected only emblems. They are two separate things.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271546#Comment_1271546

    The Killer loses points and, frequently, lets Survivors escape by camping.

    What more punishment do you want? Do you want them to lose BP out of their BP bank? De-level? Uninstall the game?

    The flat out truth, no sarcasm, no instuls, is thus:

    There WAS a stronger punishment in matches for camping, and Survivors abused it for an unfair edge. Devs realized that any proxcimity-based bonus, or punishment, would be likewise abused in the same way; by keeping the Killer as close to the hook as possible, or forcing a free unhook.

    So they added a loss to the Emblems and called it a day. There was not much more they CAN do. Killer's lose points if they camp.

    Now, the tooltips COULD point this out, if someone happens to be camp-heavy 'Camping the hook may get you a kill, but it could cost you the game!' or 'When you stay near a hooked Survivor, you loose BP'.

    But they can't really implement anything stronger. There is just noting TO implement. The Killer already:

    1. Loses BP. As in, it drains a bit as the 'chaser' emblem goes down.
    2. Can cost himself the match
    3. And can depip

    What else is there to do that would not be bloody overkill?

    I would definitely like people selfish enough to facecamp to uninstall. Yes. That would be great. 😂

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271560#Comment_1271560

    But don't emblems give BP? I kind of skip through that to see what perks and items everyone had, out of curiosity.

    Nope. Two separate metrics.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    Anyone that says campers lose their emblem or BP by face camping, and that's punishment enough for this behavior, you are mistaken. Obviously the people doing this don't care those points or that emblem. Why would they? They will still net just as many points as the survivors, because Killers have an easier time racking up BP, and may even safety pip, depending on how quickly they caught that first survivor into the match or if someone tries to save. There needs to be a much more significant deterrent. And the survivor being victimized should automatically safety pip.

    Yeah if you’re camped on it should safety pip. That’s unfair to the survivor. Why are There so many people defending face camping to the tee 😂 it’s nuts. For 1) how is that fun for you? You’re worried about 1 kill? Really? It works a lot better when you down and hook multiple people. You’re not going to do that just standing there. If you’re aware someone’s nearby why are you standing there doing nothing 😂 why is that 1 hook so important to defend? I don’t understand this mindset. Nor the disposition that these people don’t deserve harsher losses in BOTH bloodpoints and EMBLEMS. Not just emblems. A lot of people don’t care about emblems. I’ve noticed that a lot. Even for high ranks. People are content with purple and it affects red rank survivors. Besides there no reward system for rank so DONT tell me emblem penalties are sufficient. They’re not. It’s just deflating as a survivor knowing killers get paid more for doing nothing 😂

    i play killer too, it’s not that serious, I might patrol the are but never am I gonna stand guard. I think especially since maps have gotten a little smaller, plenty of killers have mobility. So what’s the point? Why are they not being punished enough for being useless and not doing their job? Why didn’t you queue up as a survivor if you didn’t intend on preventing everyone from escaping? That’s what you signed up to do. So do it.

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271550#Comment_1271550

    Yeah if you’re camped on it should safety pip. That’s unfair to the survivor. Why are There so many people defending face camping to the tee 😂 it’s nuts. For 1) how is that fun for you? You’re worried about 1 kill? Really? It works a lot better when you down and hook multiple people. You’re not going to do that just standing there. If you’re aware someone’s nearby why are you standing there doing nothing 😂 why is that 1 hook so important to defend? I don’t understand this mindset. Nor the disposition that these people don’t deserve harsher losses in BOTH bloodpoints and EMBLEMS. Not just emblems. A lot of people don’t care about emblems. I’ve noticed that a lot. Even for high ranks. People are content with purple and it affects red rank survivors. Besides there no reward system for rank so DONT tell me emblem penalties are sufficient. They’re not. It’s just deflating.

    One hooked survivor+3 survivors nearby=Completely halt generator progression for 2 minutes for the price of a single chase and get a kill at the end of those 2 minutes.

    It's not rocket science. Camping only works when survivors make it work.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271518#Comment_1271518

    If it weren't intended, it would've been removed, just like infinite loops.

    Way too many people in this thread think their opinions on what's "valid gameplay" or "how the game is meant to be played" matter more than those of the guys who literally make the game and decide which mechanics to include.

    People criticize writers for ######### things in books and ######### things in movies, this is no difference. Your entire "devs are god" complex needs to be worked out, because gaming is a competitive community, and one where games die pretty drastically when they're poorly balanced-- of which, the players are commenting about.


    They want to make money, that's their goal. They'll absolutely be losing it if it keeps going by nerfing things for survivors over and over. Matchmaking is already horrid. You can get into a game semi-easily depending on who you're playing and when, but most of the time it's lots of waiting-- and being matched up horribly. Do you know how many people are rank 20 killers going against rank 6-10 survivors?


    Do you know why this is so horrible? Because it's already not a popular game in comparison to a bunch of others, and it's not going to get any better if they keep tanking one side and buffing another. Let go of your "MOM SAID" complex because while it's correct that devs have final say, they're gonna wanna listen to people *actually playing the game* if they want anything to amount from it. I can own a restaurant, but if I keep kicking people out of it or making it a place people don't want to be, i'm going to fail. That's that.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271571#Comment_1271571

    Well, fair enough.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271576#Comment_1271576

    I'd be okay with a safety pip (or more points for lasting longer) only if they struggle & last the full 2 minutes, or close too.

    I don't want Survivors suiciding on the first hook & being rewarded with a safety pip. That would just encourage more hook-suicides, which makes the game harder for the remaining 3 Survivors.

    I can agree with this. If suiciding, they shouldn't get a safety pip, but if they don't wanna have a penalty for face camping, they absolutely need to compensate with a safety pip.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    There is.

    And if they added any actual punishment aside from depipping, Survivors would ruin it and abuse it.

    How do I know? This has already happened, back in the games early days.

    So every time you get upset that facecamping does not have a physical (so to speak) punishment, you can blame Survivors who abused the system.

    Honestly, you can blame the company for not doing the punishments right. They were lazy.

  • @SurviveByDaylight said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271541#Comment_1271541

    You still have not yet grasped the entirety of my standpoint here. I keep saying “DO WHATEVER YOU WANT” as killer. I have no problem you camping. You have that right. But what I am saying is that you should be penalized more for that. How is that saying it’s an unfair loss or trying to get any of you to pity me lol I’m not...

    I've gotten a whole 3 or 4k and made barely any more than people are making for face camping. This is an issue.

  • Temporarily disable the killer's power.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271719#Comment_1271719

    No. This would be abused by Survivors, just like the old punishment.

    Free MoM hit?

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271441#Comment_1271441

    In that case it's a hard "no". Camping is a valid strategy, according to the developers, and it has clear and effective counters. It's not the killers' fault survivors refuse to use those counters.

    bs, its garbage, youre ruining someone's game for absolutely no reason. After a certain amount of time it should enact massive blood point penalties. I mean like where if you camp someone to death on their first hook, you end up getting -20k bps for the match and it creates a deficit so that you can end up with negative 1 million bps eventually.

  • Hahaha ha I laughed while scrolling and then I was like wait a minute... is his name demogordon ramsay

    I almost died lol

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271733#Comment_1271733

    Now you're just asking for free unhooks or getaways.

    Again:

    There WAS a stronger punishment in matches for camping, and Survivors abused it for an unfair edge. Devs realized that any proximity-based bonus, or punishment, would be likewise abused in the same way; by keeping the Killer as close to the hook as possible to force the punishment, or forcing a free unhook.

    I've said it at least into the double digits by now: Any in-game punishment, or reward, WILL be abused to high hell. Survivors already proved that.

    And now killers are abusing people and forcing them to de-pip, but that's okay, because it benefits you, lmfao. There is a way to do it, the devs could easily stop being lazy.

  • I think a fair face camping punishment would be a 5 percent slow down in hook timer while the killer is with 1 meter in hooked survivors, but it would speed up by 5 percent for each survivor in a 2-3 meter range of hooked survivor

  • This happened to me a few days ago. It was towards the end of the game and the killer decided to camp me like a tryhard. My fellow teammates tried to save me but I ended up dying. It is never fun to be the one being camped but I’ve had better times when I was able to escape. I tell myself this person is either new at killer or they are wanting to ruin other people’s game experience. I don’t let it bother me though to be honest if they choose to do that that’s their decision not mine. And I’m perfectly ok with dying 😀☝️.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273439#Comment_1273439

    No, because Survivors would just stay 40 meters away, where the Killer can see them. This forces the Killer to stay near the hook or to walk away & give a free unhook.

    This was, barring the distances, the EXACT thing Devs tried and Survivors exploited. You're asking for a punishment that was abused for an unintended advantage.

    I think you meant 4 meters away? If the survivors are 4 meters away they aren't doing gens. I accounted for that by making the camp zone for killer so much smaller. The killer could camp at 2 meter and not get a penalty.

  • @IWasThereOnce said:

    I play both survivor and killer, I'm not talking about hooking someone and being in the general area. I'm talking about being face-to-face, deadass face camping where you refuse to leave the hook the entire time.

    Not necessarily a time out or ban potential, but these players should honestly get a giant decrease in something. Lose a pip or two. I shouldn't be losing my survivor rank because a Killer matched in red-ranks has a hook fetish, or have to lose a fellow teammate because of an insecure player.

    There is. They lose points, if the others are smart they do gens and leave making them lose even more points and probably depip and if they camped me I'll attack them without mercy after the game. Sadly though, most of these losers don't care about pips or rank so the penalties are useless. And the devs aren't going to do a thing to stop this scummy tactic. So you are just going to have to deal with it. Typically the higher ranks don't camp...typically. Low skill trash....yeah...camp all day.

  • @NinjaDette1 said:

    This happened to me a few days ago. It was towards the end of the game and the killer decided to camp me like a tryhard. My fellow teammates tried to save me but I ended up dying. It is never fun to be the one being camped but I’ve had better times when I was able to escape. I tell myself this person is either new at killer or they are wanting to ruin other people’s game experience. I don’t let it bother me though to be honest if they choose to do that that’s their decision not mine. And I’m perfectly ok with dying 😀☝️.

    Why is the killer " like a try hard" but the survivors weren't try hards for trying to rescue you

  • @venom12784 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273523#Comment_1273523

    Why is the killer " like a try hard" but the survivors weren't try hards for trying to rescue you

    Because only one of those scenarios benefits him/her.

  • @venom12784 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273523#Comment_1273523

    Why is the killer " like a try hard" but the survivors weren't try hards for trying to rescue you

    Cause it was very obvious the killer just stood their like I was his trophy wife except I was on death row On a hook. My teammates did pretty good in the match. They did nothing tryhard like or anything tryhard related. It mainly was the killer that was and to be accused in such a way makes me question you’re IQ. You were not there to see it nor should you tell me how my teammates were tryhard.

  • @venom12784 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273523#Comment_1273523

    Why is the killer " like a try hard" but the survivors weren't try hards for trying to rescue you

    If a killer using insidious hooks someone and then stands behind a wall right next to the hook he isn't being a try hard...he is being pond scum. Had such the other day. Lucky was swf on comms so knew what he was doing. I escaped. Then told him what a great job he was doing as killer.

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273524#Comment_1273524

    You missed the point.

    Survivors would stay far enough away to avoid triggering a chase. Probably 20+ meters. They would be in full view, showing that, if the Killer moves, he gives up a hook. But far enough away that he can't fake a chase.

    This would slow the struggle meter, giving Survivor #4 more time to do gens while #2 & #3 crouch-dance 20 meters away, safe.

    This meant the Killer either had to stay close, and thus slow the Struggle Meter, or commit to ONE chase, leaving the other Survivor free to unhook.

    Your idea is exactly what was tried, and abused.

    Ok but here is the thing the killer can just stand 2 meters away and the b time will be normal. If they want to camp they can at 2 meters

  • @Entity_Hugs said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273561#Comment_1273561

    I think Orion's point was that many Survivors call a Killer 'tryhard' if he gets 3 or 4 kills, or does not give the last Survivor the hatch. Or he hook camps because another Survivor is standing 2 feet away. Or he hits someone twice..

    ..While those exact same Survivors will take in D. Strike, B. Time, D. Hard, a purple toolbox, and say 'We're just doing gens, bruh! 🤷'

    To be honest I think the killer had it out for me mostly cause during half of the game he couldn’t catch me until my hands got tiered of looping him. So his way of saying your going to die was him hook camping me.

  • @NinjaDette1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273573#Comment_1273573

    To be honest I think the killer had it out for me mostly cause during half of the game he couldn’t catch me until my hands got tiered of looping him. So his way of saying your going to die was him hook camping me.

    So you weren't a tryhard for looping the killer during half the game, but the killer is a tryhard for trying to get one kill?

  • @toxcitynacl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273535#Comment_1273535

    If a killer using insidious hooks someone and then stands behind a wall right next to the hook he isn't being a try hard...he is being pond scum. Had such the other day. Lucky was swf on comms so knew what he was doing. I escaped. Then told him what a great job he was doing as killer.

    So a killer is pond scum now if he uses a perk in the game and it was intended. Does the same go for borrowed time , dead hard delivarance, unbreakable adrenaline or any other survivor perk?

  • @venom12784 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273574#Comment_1273574

    So a killer is pond scum now if he uses a perk in the game and it was intended. Does the same go for borrowed time , dead hard delivarance, unbreakable adrenaline or any other survivor perk?

    Yes pure scum.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273586#Comment_1273586

    So you weren't a tryhard for looping the killer during half the game, but the killer is a tryhard for trying to get one kill?

    Basically I did well for most of it and just FYI I play both killer and survivor. I’ve seen it both ways a survivors way is very debatable depending who you ask. Example some flashlight spam another is a killer targeting specific characters either because they don’t like you for who knows what reason. Or if you looped them for most of the game but then eventually are caught. And they hook camp and hit you multiple times.

  • That doesnt answer my question but ok. I'm trying to have a discussion and you want to name call .

  • Some would say the same thing about someone that dcs to keep a killer from getting a 4k...

  • @NinjaDette1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273592#Comment_1273592

    Basically yes and just FYI I play both killer and survivor. I’ve seen it both ways a survivors way is very debatable depending who you ask. Example some flashlight spam another is a killer targeting specific characters either because they don’t like you for who knows what reason. Or if you looped them for most of the game but then eventually are caught. And they hook camp and hit you multiple times.

    I also play both killer and survivor (currently more survivor - SWF, even), and if he was a tryhard for wanting one kill, you were a bigger tryhard for looping him half the game.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273586#Comment_1273586

    So you weren't a tryhard for looping the killer during half the game, but the killer is a tryhard for trying to get one kill?

    Looping maybe tryhard to you. But to myself and others looping isn’t considered tryhard. It comes down to knowing how to evade the killer by practicing during chases .There is a reason why they are there for us to use. What am I supposed to do ? Just stand still and let the killer down me?.

  • @NinjaDette1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273592#Comment_1273592

    Loop maybe tryhard to you. But to myself and others looping isn’t considered a tryhard. it comes down to knowing how to evade the killer by practicing during chases . there is a reason why they are there for us to use.

    Of course, but you wanted to loop him around for so long that every gen got repaired and then all the survivors would get out alive. He wanted one kill. Either both of you are tryhards (in which case you're the bigger tryhard), or neither are.

  • @venom12784 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273606#Comment_1273606

    That doesnt answer my question but ok. I'm trying to have a discussion and you want to name call .

    When someone engages in a rather scummy tactic what do you want me to call it? If it were up to me I'd heavily punish camping by having BP eventually hit zero in all categories for hard camping and a loss of two PIPs...and no never going to happen.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273639#Comment_1273639

    Of course, but you wanted to loop him around for so long that every gen got repaired and then all the survivors would get out alive. He wanted one kill. Either both of you are tryhards (in which case you're the bigger tryhard), or neither are.

    To be honest I couldn’t really do anything to stop the killer 🤷‍♂️. The person clearly had it out for me I’m pretty sure do to how better I’ve gotten at practicing with looping. I’m not trying to start world war 3 here I mean I’m pretty sure I’m not the only person who this happens to🤷‍♂️. I mean how would you feel if it were you and the killer was only going for you? The way I’ve seen it is they usually take it out a specific person for who knows what reason we don’t know why but they just do it. And sometimes it’s because they try to get a survivor out cause the killer doesn’t like competition with a fast survivor. And so then they go for you first then the weak ones after.

  • To me it seems the hard part about penalizing camping is creating a penalty that the camper(s) actually care about that doesn't also penalize players who don't do it. How many campy killers actually care about emblem points/rank, for example?

    One option, less to punish campers and more to alleviate the blow to the camped survivor: If the killer remains near the hook for too long, then not only does the killer get their emblem penalty, the survivor starts building up Distraction points or something similar. With a bonus added on the longer the killer stays close.

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    To me it seems the hard part about penalizing camping is creating a penalty that the camper(s) actually care about that doesn't also penalize players who don't do it. How many campy killers actually care about emblem points/rank, for example?

    One option, less to punish campers and more to alleviate the blow to the camped survivor: If the killer remains near the hook for too long, then not only does the killer get their emblem penalty, the survivor starts building up Distraction points or something similar. With a bonus added on the longer the killer stays close.

    If their BP went to zero and they lost two PIPs they'd care about that.

  • @toxcitynacl said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273622#Comment_1273622

    When someone engages in a rather scummy tactic what do you want me to call it? If it were up to me I'd heavily punish camping by having BP eventually hit zero in all categories for hard camping and a loss of two PIPs...and no never going to happen.

    Yes someone should be punished for "scummy tactics" but what is defined as a scummy tactic? To me a scummy tactic would be something the devs have deemed against the rules . Not something that they v have said is a viable strat

  • @NinjaDette1 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273647#Comment_1273647

    To be honest I couldn’t really do anything to stop the killer 🤷‍♂️. The person clearly had it out for me I’m pretty sure do to how better I’ve gotten at practicing with looping. I’m not trying to start world war 3 here I mean I’m pretty sure I’m not the only person who this happens to🤷‍♂️. I mean how would you feel if it were you and the killer was only going for you? The way I’ve seen it is they usually take it out a specific person for who knows what reason we don’t know why but they just do it. And sometimes it’s because they try to get a survivor out cause the killer doesn’t like competition with a fast survivor. And so then they go for you first then the weak ones after.

    I have had killers go for me and me alone, usually Nurses because I know how to juke 'em (it's easier now since she's bugged). They usually give up around gen #2. If they don't and they get me, I tell my SWF teammate to open the gate and rescue only if the killer doesn't have NOED. If the killer has NOED and the totem can't be located, he leaves and I take the L (assuming some other survivor didn't decide to unhook me despite the killer having NOED, in which case we leave that survivor to their fate).

    I practice what I preach, despite claims to the contrary.

  • @Orion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1273658#Comment_1273658

    I have had killers go for me and me alone, usually Nurses because I know how to juke 'em (it's easier now since she's bugged). They usually give up around gen #2. If they don't and they get me, I tell my SWF teammate to open the gate and rescue only if the killer doesn't have NOED. If the killer has NOED and the totem can't be located, he leaves and I take the L (assuming some other survivor didn't decide to unhook me despite the killer having NOED, in which case we leave that survivor to their fate).

    I practice what I preach, despite claims to the contrary.

    Try Michael Myers the clown and the huntress 😒.

1 2 3