Chapter 16 Possible Killer (speculation)

This post is only related to the new "teaser" image from the anniversary event. We know that it's going to be a 'classic' killer and such, but I'm ignoring that for this post.


I'm first going to begin with the new teaser image that has come out:

download.jpg

Now that we know this, we can speculate if this "final skull" could actually be a teaser for a new killer.

Now, take a look at this movie poster:

download (1).jpg

A skull dripping with a liquid, in this case blood. I'm going to assume the oozing liquid in the teaser image is blood as well. Here's what the actual killer looks like:

1aea7e9c74c6caa15d876cb9e22361fe.jpg

First off, we can see that he is identified by mostly the color black. Although we don't see any gold in this image, the black is very apparent.


There is a HIGH chance that this is absolutely NOT the killer coming to dead by daylight, and I'm by no means disappointed by that fact, but I couldn't find any correlation between the skull and famous slashers from the 90's. So here's just a shy speculation.


This killer is from the movie "Laid to Rest"

Comments

  • @naitsirhC said:

    This post is only related to the new "teaser" image from the anniversary event. We know that it's going to be a 'classic' killer and such, but I'm ignoring that for this post.

    I'm first going to begin with the new teaser image that has come out:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/830/WMB8C5Q89BP2.jpg

    Now that we know this, we can speculate if this "final skull" could actually be a teaser for a new killer.

    Now, take a look at this movie poster:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/347/VB3F13I3WBA1.jpg

    A skull dripping with a liquid, in this case blood. I'm going to assume the oozing liquid in the teaser image is blood as well. Here's what the actual killer looks like:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/416/HDUM2MH81JFD.jpg

    First off, we can see that he is identified by mostly the color black. Although we don't see any gold in this image, the black is very apparent.

    There is a HIGH chance that this is absolutely NOT the killer coming to dead by daylight, and I'm by no means disappointed by that fact, but I couldn't find any correlation between the skull and famous slashers from the 90's. So here's just a shy speculation.

    This killer is from the movie "Laid to Rest"

    As awesome as that would be, Im afraid Laid to Rest is a bit to obscure for most of the "true" horror fans. If I had my way, Killer Clowns from Outer Space would have a chapter.

    Also, in case you didnt know, Candyman has a full human skeleton under his trench coat.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/151605/chapter-16-possible-killer-speculation

    As awesome as that would be, Im afraid Laid to Rest is a bit to obscure for most of the "true" horror fans. If I had my way, Killer Clowns from Outer Space would have a chapter.

    Also, in case you didnt know, Candyman has a full human skeleton under his trench coat.

    Oh my gosh! Clowns shooting survivors with cotton candy gun...survivour have to dig each other out before they melt(bleedout) inside the cocoon.


    Wouldn't that be awesome!!

  • I mean, he looks cool and all, but here's another thing to look at.

    image.png

    Look at the tally marks. Do you see the skulls?

    I saw someone point this out (I believe it might have been on Reddit), but the first tally skull is in the almost exact same position as the skull in the teaser.

    During the build-up to last year's anniversary, they had the four Killers from the year before (Clown, Spirit, Legion and Plague) but given a chrome sheen.

    image.png

    Due to Ghost Face and Demogorgon being licensed, maybe they can't do that this time (or they'll save it for the last few days). Or, with four tally marks and four years, they'll do a skull every now and then leading to the anniversary stream.

    Just like you what you said, it is pure speculation.

  • I mentioned the same killer in another thread as well, lol. He's like one of the first horror killers that pops up when you google horror skull killer or something like that. I never even heard of him before today when I was googling around.

    I do think he is a bit too obscure what with all the hype they've been building up with the killer being iconic and they're super happy about it and stuff. He's pretty recent being from 2009.

    Personally I'd prefer Pyramid Head just to have a killer from another video game instead of a movie but I'd take pretty much any decently known killer. Pinhead, Candyman, IT, Alien, Predator, Jack Torrance, Jason, someone from RE, the list goes on and on but I think they'd all be good choices.

    Edit: Hell I'd even take Leprechaun and I have soft spot for Chucky.

  • @naitsirhC said:

    This post is only related to the new "teaser" image from the anniversary event. We know that it's going to be a 'classic' killer and such, but I'm ignoring that for this post.

    I'm first going to begin with the new teaser image that has come out:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/830/WMB8C5Q89BP2.jpg

    Now that we know this, we can speculate if this "final skull" could actually be a teaser for a new killer.

    Now, take a look at this movie poster:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/347/VB3F13I3WBA1.jpg

    A skull dripping with a liquid, in this case blood. I'm going to assume the oozing liquid in the teaser image is blood as well. Here's what the actual killer looks like:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/416/HDUM2MH81JFD.jpg

    First off, we can see that he is identified by mostly the color black. Although we don't see any gold in this image, the black is very apparent.

    There is a HIGH chance that this is absolutely NOT the killer coming to dead by daylight, and I'm by no means disappointed by that fact, but I couldn't find any correlation between the skull and famous slashers from the 90's. So here's just a shy speculation.

    This killer is from the movie "Laid to Rest"

    Wouldn't be him because he's not a classic horror killer

  • 3dd17fbd9d99877f9c3cb40945f55496.jpg

    Phantom of the Opera? (Sarcasm)

  • What date will they tell us?

  • @DBD78 said:

    What date will they tell us?

    May 26 at 11:00 am PT

  • Ok thanks! Lot's of time for speculations then..

  • A lot of people are saying that the skull looks like it's oozing some sort of liquid like blood. But to me it doesn't look like a liquid, looks kinda like a black fabric or plastic or something. Still have no idea what it could be though

  • SmartSelect_20200511-140456_Google.jpg

    I would love to see this as the next killer.

  • @kreeper124 said:

    A lot of people are saying that the skull looks like it's oozing some sort of liquid like blood. But to me it doesn't look like a liquid, looks kinda like a black fabric or plastic or something. Still have no idea what it could be though

    https://imgur.com/NbJ3sna

    It's the left end of the logo.

  • What if it was the laid to rest killer

  • Yeah that too um what if everyone is wrong and it's like a copyrighted movie killer NOBODY watches

  • @mottigedel said:

    If we assume they made a reference to their own logo with the 4 skulls , and it has no reference to the killer... then there is simply no clue to take from the promo photo. If we can make an assumption based on the skull, then candyman is a very strong candidate for the price. there are too many clues around for it to be true... and to be honest if it IS candyman, they made it too obvious in my opinion.

    If it's not candyman, we can say they made a good job in tricking us in believing it is him. It's not the first time they tricked us...

    Remember the last time we all thought those chains were related to Pinhead? boy were we mistaken

    Yeah the chains could have been a bait hint, but it wasn’t AS obvious. Nobody was really upset that it did not turn out to be Pinhead because it was only speculation. I think the bee hints etc are way too obvious..

    like, we know it is licensed this time and there are folks out there that are really looking forward to Candyman that will be disappointed and upset if it’s not him and they will blame those misleading hints. Would be better to make the hints more vague..

  • If candyman is added what will his mori be shoving candy down your throat and his power is freaking giving survivor candy that gives them herrohage?Bull****,we better get a good killer.That is my thoughts pls don't hate me that is my opinion and I'm not insulting anyones opinion just I don't think so.

  • @mottigedel said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270081#Comment_1270081

    the only thing against candyman is the wording "iconic horror license/franchise" and "marked the world of horror since its inception". Both are not true in the eyes of most horror fans out there for Candyman. So unless they are convinced candyman fits this discription because they feel strongly connected to this character then who are we to say otherwise?

    That is very much the opposite. Candyman is very iconic(specially considering who plays him) and has marked the world of horror.

    Fans of horror, usually like candyman. It's one of the most well known horror franchises out there.

  • @Legion_is_Me said:

    If candyman is added what will his mori be shoving candy down your throat and his power is freaking giving survivor candy that gives them herrohage?Bull****,we better get a good killer.That is my thoughts pls don't hate me that is my opinion and I'm not insulting anyones opinion just I don't think so.

    Uhm. You know that Candyman doesn’t really have much to do with candy and the Mori will most likely include Bees that he controls? I mean I have never seen a film of him or anything but he has a hook for a hand and I am sure there is enough material for him to be a threatening and scary killer..

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270128#Comment_1270128

    Uhm. You know that Candyman doesn’t really have much to do with candy and the Mori will most likely include Bees that he controls? I mean I have never seen a film of him or anything but he has a hook for a hand and I am sure there is enough material for him to be a threatening and scary killer..

    @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270128#Comment_1270128

    Uhm. You know that Candyman doesn’t really have much to do with candy and the Mori will most likely include Bees that he controls? I mean I have never seen a film of him or anything but he has a hook for a hand and I am sure there is enough material for him to be a threatening and scary killer..

    I have,he doesn't control bees bro and bees can't kill you unless it's hundreds.

  • If you have, then you know his torso is full of bees (well in the thousands) and that he does, in fact, control them.

  • Just because he has bees in him doesn't mean he controls them

  • @Legion_is_Me said:

    Just because he has bees in him doesn't mean he controls them

    He's literally shown to control them.

  • @Legion_is_Me said:

    Just because he has bees in him doesn't mean he controls them

    But just because he is named Candyman it does mean he must use candy to kill? Ok, bro...

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/151605/chapter-16-possible-killer-speculation

    As awesome as that would be, Im afraid Laid to Rest is a bit to obscure for most of the "true" horror fans. If I had my way, Killer Clowns from Outer Space would have a chapter.

    Also, in case you didnt know, Candyman has a full human skeleton under his trench coat.

    YO. DIDN'T EVEN THINK OF IT.


    I now seriously want a Killer Clowns from Outer Space chapter.

  • He absolutely control bees...you seriously watch the movies?

    Also, false. Very few bees can kill a person depending on where it stings and other factors like allergies, health, size, age, etc.

  • @Mooks said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270166#Comment_1270166

    But just because he is named Candyman it does mean he must use candy to kill? Ok, bro...

    I know I'm just trying to get upvotes and spread my thoughts

  • @Legion_is_Me said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270170#Comment_1270170

    I know I'm just trying to get upvotes and spread my thoughts

    You are so ignorant. Youve never seen the movie.

  • Ok daddy love you too your being negative but love you too daddy

  • @blue4zion said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1267406#Comment_1267406

    YO. DIDN'T EVEN THINK OF IT.

    I now seriously want a Killer Clowns from Outer Space chapter.

    The guy who posted the bee tease, his Twitter is basically just a wall of killer klowns.

  • @ohheyitsbobcat said:

    I mentioned the same killer in another thread as well, lol. He's like one of the first horror killers that pops up when you google horror skull killer or something like that. I never even heard of him before today when I was googling around.

    I do think he is a bit too obscure what with all the hype they've been building up with the killer being iconic and they're super happy about it and stuff. He's pretty recent being from 2009.

    Personally I'd prefer Pyramid Head just to have a killer from another video game instead of a movie but I'd take pretty much any decently known killer. Pinhead, Candyman, IT, Alien, Predator, Jack Torrance, Jason, someone from RE, the list goes on and on but I think they'd all be good choices.

    Edit: Hell I'd even take Leprechaun and I have soft spot for Chucky.

    If Pyramid Head was introduced I swear that is my only main now.

  • they reveal the chapter at the end of the stream

  • More knives as the weapon. Yawn

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270095#Comment_1270095

    That is very much the opposite. Candyman is very iconic(specially considering who plays him) and has marked the world of horror.

    Fans of horror, usually like candyman. It's one of the most well known horror franchises out there.

    i really like candyman but i would disagree about calling it "very" iconic and tony tood marking the world of horror. candyman was a great film and tony todd great actor but barely anyone knows about candyman compared to other horror icons (jason, freddy, myers), and tony todd is only really known for candyman and maybe some b movies like final destination even though he was barely in it

  • @I_Eat_Worms said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270142#Comment_1270142

    i really like candyman but i would disagree about calling it "very" iconic and tony tood marking the world of horror. candyman was a great film and tony todd great actor but barely anyone knows about candyman compared to other horror icons (jason, freddy, myers), and tony todd is only really known for candyman and maybe some b movies like final destination even though he was barely in it

    It has made its mark, but only did so long after its release. Which isn't all that unusual. It definitely did not leave a mark at the time. It was outperformed by Lawnmower man, Sleepwalkers, and Alien 3. It did beat out its competition at its release window, but Oct 1992 was one of the weakest release months known to man. Candyman pulled in 25m, LM man and Sleepwalkers were around 35, Alien 3 did 55mil, and Batman Returns, the biggest release of 1992 was something like 152m.

  • @finitethrills said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1271652#Comment_1271652

    It has made its mark, but only did so long after its release. Which isn't all that unusual. It definitely did not leave a mark at the time. It was outperformed by Lawnmower man, Sleepwalkers, and Alien 3. It did beat out its competition at its release window, but Oct 1992 was one of the weakest release months known to man. Candyman pulled in 25m, LM man and Sleepwalkers were around 35, Alien 3 did 55mil, and Batman Returns, the biggest release of 1992 was something like 152m.

    it only got 1 really good movie, a mediocore one and a pretty bad movie that wasnt even released in theatres. nothing else, not really a big or popular franchise at all, barely anyone i know knows about it and the dbd community was pretty oblivous to it until the trailer of the new movie. f13, halloween, noes, scream, childs play, are all more iconic and popular and have way bigger franchises and made way more money, though that doesnt make them better (than the first film at least, first candyman was better than the first films of all the other franchises except maybe scream)

  • It can be candyman because a new movie of candyman is coming out

  • @Alice_pbg said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270095#Comment_1270095

    That is very much the opposite. Candyman is very iconic(specially considering who plays him) and has marked the world of horror.

    Fans of horror, usually like candyman. It's one of the most well known horror franchises out there.

    Never heard of candyman before and i saw alot horror movies. Idk why.

  • Pamela Voorhees for the new killer. (Only true Friday the 13th fans know that she is the real icon)

    Camp Crystal lake for the map.

    The survivor girl from part one as the new survivor.


    Not a guess, but my dream.

  • @mottigedel said:

    look at the resemblence of the line going down from the number 4 and the thinning line from I.T (pennywise movie)

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/166/dbdpromo.jpg

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/808/it movie.jpeg

    lol this has to be a joke. Obviously the line is thinning just like how the honey trails on the Candyman poster /s

  • @Demonl3y said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270142#Comment_1270142

    Never heard of candyman before and i saw alot horror movies. Idk why.

    It happens... you see a lot of movies of a genre and completely miss a franchise. 🤷‍♂️