When people say "survivors have perks for every situation".

When they have 19 killers to verse that can also have various builds. Each build works better for one killer more than for another. Am i right?

Comments

  • @Reborn2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263542#Comment_1263542

    DS is basically useless against spirit or nurse. Clown can counter ds to some extent . BT is useless against killers with low TR or just a killer that dont come back to hook at the moment of the save. DH doesnt work against insta down killers as good as it suppose to.

    How is ds useless against nurse? It's still the best crutch perk for survivor, no matter who the killer is

  • @NursesBootie said:

    DS, BT, Unbreakable and DH/SB works against any killer. That's the problem.

    Actually BT doesn't work against Freddy (unless it's been changed, I wouldn't know I took a 3 month break).

    I play killer at rank 1 (I've often had to prove that I'm a survivor main on these forums due to some of my more killer sided views), I still don't why BT is always mentioned in the same bracket as DS, dead hard, unbreakable, object of obsession etc.

    I personally don't have issue with BT as it's the best perk to counter campers. Granted there's a lot of survivors who use it as an excuse farm their fellow survivors off the hook.

    EDIT:

    @Feiten said:

    I'm mad i don't see flip flop or boil over used more. So many interesting perks but most r1 survivors use the same predictable builds...

    Boil over is one the worst survivor perks. That's like saying why don't killers use Monstrous Shrine or mind breaker.

    Trust me you don't want to see flip flop as the only survivors that seem to use that are sabo squads. I've lost count the amount of times I've gone against a sabo squad that would borderline hold my killer matches hostage.

  • @clem1710 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263550#Comment_1263550

    How is ds useless against nurse? It's still the best crutch perk for survivor, no matter who the killer is

    Nurse ignores pallets. So its only adds a few secs to that chase if you did good. Its almost like when you searching up an area for survivor with flashlight or just looking around after you downed survivor. Try it.

  • @Leachy_Jr said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1264827#Comment_1264827

    BT technically doesn't work against stealth killers, but it creates situations where its a free escape anyway:

    • Cloaked wraith - Free unhook, you can bodyblock for the unhooked guy
    • Pig - Free unhook cause shes crouched, can bodyblock again
    • Ghostface in stealth - Only a very well timed stealth activation will work here, but you can bait unhook and put him on cooldown
    • Myers - Terror radius isn't small enough
    • Freddy - Make an awake survivor unhook so BT activates, another survivor bodyblockes the unhooker.

    BT can also help you to get RM tokens. There s no really point to down that unhooked survivor. Its literally nothing. People use it to save friends only. If you wait for killer to come to hook to get use of bt you simply wasting a lot of time there doing nothing. And killer like i already said dont even need that unhooked survivor.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263550#Comment_1263550

    DS is a momentum breaker, so it's godlike against spirit and nurse. BT triggers against any killer (except scratched mirror myers lol) if you time it right. DH works against instadown killers after your first hook. SB is a good alternative. Unbreakable counters slugging = the counter to DS.

    For like ghostface or pig though they could just tap their ability when your unhooking so it goes both ways. I had a ghostface tap shroud right when we were unhooking then down the survivor instantly through bt.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263548#Comment_1263548

    Why wouldn't you when every killer runs bbq infectious fright and s tier addons blah blah blah

    Every time I try to mess around with fun perks I remember why it's actually no fun.. the no fun patrol is here to stay apparently

    Killers have the same problem though. Everytime I try and run different/weird builds I get the try hard 4 man swf that finishes gens in 3 mins and then come the ez messages. Which then leads me to running my try hard Freddy build ruining your day. Its a vicious circle with this game only made worse by the messages.

  • @Nutty_Professor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263542#Comment_1263542

    Actually BT doesn't work against Freddy (unless it's been changed, I wouldn't know I took a 3 month break).

    I play killer at rank 1 (I've often had to prove that I'm a survivor main on these forums due to some of my more killer sided views), I still don't why BT is always mentioned in the same bracket as DS, dead hard, unbreakable, object of obsession etc.

    I personally don't have issue with BT as it's the best perk to counter campers. Granted there's a lot of survivors who use it as an excuse farm their fellow survivors off the hook.

    EDIT:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263548#Comment_1263548

    Boil over is one the worst survivor perks. That's like saying why don't killers use Monstrous Shrine or mind breaker.

    Trust me you don't want to see flip flop as the only survivors that seem to use that are sabo squads. I've lost count the amount of times I've gone against a sabo squad that would borderline hold my killer matches hostage.

    Borrowed Time works against every killer that got a TR when attacking. So every killer except mirror michael.

    It's just too strong when combined with other second chances.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1267898#Comment_1267898

    Borrowed Time works against every killer that got a TR when attacking. So every killer except mirror michael.

    It's just too strong when combined with other second chances.

    If you're in dream state against Freddy, BT won't trigger.

    From someone who plays Freddy (whilst he isn't one of mains) I think BT should work if you are in dream state, as you shouldn't need to camp with Freddy.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    DS, BT, Unbreakable and DH/SB works against any killer. That's the problem.

    Work against any sweaty killer intent on tunneling and slugging for kills. Killers who don't participate in those activities are not bothered by DS, BT or unbreakable. I don't play that way and have never had any issue with any of those perks. The real problem is that instead of being able to run a perk set that is fun or helpful as a survivor you have to run the meta because you are going to face tunnel and slug in every match. If this was not the go to for killers you would see a lot more variety in load-outs.

  • @LALYTHIA said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263650#Comment_1263650

    What is sad is that Survivors HAVE to carry the same build because regardless of the very different Killers abilities and perks, every killer plays the same. The vast majority of killers in this game camp, tunnel, or slug. Not "50%", almost every single match this play style comes into play. Which is why in order to level the playing field against this inevitable game play, that doesn't require a specific killer or perk set to execute, survivors have to bring the same boring ######### perks every time.

    You think survivors don't WANT to carry other perks? Sure we do. But we also want to escape or not see our teammates die because a Killer has a hard-on for them. Every time I change out a typical meta perk for something else...something fun that would allow me to change up my play style or try a new tactic...I am made to instantly regret it because inevitably the killer plays exactly as expected and I'm left without a perk to combat it.

    Killers have the luxury of being able to add more variety because all killers are different, with different strengths and abilities, before you even add on unique perks. All survivors are the same.

    So, sure, it is sad. But you're never gonna stop Killers from camping/tunneling/slugging as long as BHVR continues to reward it...so you're never going to see the majority of survivors gravitate to more unique perks. I have one available perk slot that I change around, depending on how the day is going. Even then, it just rotates between Unbreakable or Kindered. *yay variety* 🙄

    The only alleviation of this is when you play SWF, because you don't need 4 of every meta perk. But I play solo. So my build is pretty much locked in to try and give me and my teammates the best chance against the games most unfun and rampant play style.

    I usually run Spine Chill, Kindred, Bond, and Open Handed, or sometimes Inner Strength, Autodidact, Spine Chill, and Empathy if I want to be a healer. No BT, no DS, no exhaustion perks. And yet, I still consistently end up in rank 1 without having to sweat nearly as hard as I usually do as killer with meta perks. So no, you definitely do not have to use the same 4 perks to do well.

  • @Nutty_Professor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268406#Comment_1268406

    If you're in dream state against Freddy, BT won't trigger.

    From someone who plays Freddy (whilst he isn't one of mains) I think BT should work if you are in dream state, as you shouldn't need to camp with Freddy.

    And when you're awake? It does trigger against freddy too with the right timing, just how i mentioned in one of my first posts in this thread.

  • @alaenyia said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1263542#Comment_1263542

    Work against any sweaty killer intent on tunneling and slugging for kills. Killers who don't participate in those activities are not bothered by DS, BT or unbreakable. I don't play that way and have never had any issue with any of those perks. The real problem is that instead of being able to run a perk set that is fun or helpful as a survivor you have to run the meta because you are going to face tunnel and slug in every match. If this was not the go to for killers you would see a lot more variety in load-outs.

    As killer i really like the chase. So i hook and instantly go for the next chase.

    Could you may explain me why i eat a decisive after hooking, chasing, hooking, chasing, picking-up? I'm really sweaty tunneling, camping piece of crap i guess.

    Or why a random survivor bodyblocking for the chased survivor got BT? Maybe the TR requirement is badly designed?

    Or why people are allowed to delete one of their mistakes in chase with the press on a button? Why can't you give killers a perk that let's them lunge double as wide every sixty seconds. Sounds broken? Called "Dead Hard".


    All of these second chance perks (without any skill involved in the scenarios i mentoned) stacked are a free win against any killer (and now the thing you need to realise) REGARDLESS OF THE PLAYSTYLE.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268819#Comment_1268819

    And when you're awake? It does trigger against freddy too with the right timing, just how i mentioned in one of my first posts in this thread.

    I know that it triggers if you're not in dream state. However, there's a simple work around. Smack the guy whose attempting the unhook, the unhooker is in dream state. If survivor still attempted to unhook the hooked survivor you are then able to down the unhooker and the unhooked hooker quite easily.

    Imo BT should work against whether you're in dream state or awake. This is coming from someone who plays Freddy.

  • @Nutty_Professor said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1270251#Comment_1270251

    I know that it triggers if you're not dream state. However, there's a simple work around. Smack the guy whose attempting the unhook, the unhooker is in dream state. If survivor still attempted to unhook the hooked survivor you are then able to down the unhooker and the unhooked hooker quite easily.

    Imo BT should work against whether you're in dream state or awake. This is coming from someone who plays Freddy.

    They could easily fix this by changing BT to a range requirement like 4-12 metres to counter actual campers.

  • @NursesBootie said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1268838#Comment_1268838

    As killer i really like the chase. So i hook and instantly go for the next chase.

    Could you may explain me why i eat a decisive after hooking, chasing, hooking, chasing, picking-up? I'm really sweaty tunneling, camping piece of crap i guess.

    Or why a random survivor bodyblocking for the chased survivor got BT? Maybe the TR requirement is badly designed?

    Or why people are allowed to delete one of their mistakes in chase with the press on a button? Why can't you give killers a perk that let's them lunge double as wide every sixty seconds. Sounds broken? Called "Dead Hard".

    All of these second chance perks (without any skill involved in the scenarios i mentoned) stacked are a free win against any killer (and now the thing you need to realise) REGARDLESS OF THE PLAYSTYLE.

    Both BT and DS are situational and a one time use. And BT is not a free hit, the survivor who took a BT hit has to now mend and heal. So they are out of commission twice as long to get healed.

    To the 1st statement, I can't think of a situation where a killer hooked 2 folks close enough together that they could be D-striked by the 1st guy that was not a tunnel play.

    DH does take skill to hit it and avoid getting smacked, it is not a move "without any skill". Killers have tons of advantage over survivors. And almost all of their perks work all game, and they get some special skill auto-built into whoever they are running. The majority of the survivor perks being discussed have been nerfed back to one time shot. So anyone real hellbent on the tunnel and slug will nullify most of those early on in the round.

    So these are in no way a "free win" for survivors.

  • @LetsPlayTogether said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1265033#Comment_1265033

    Play the game like it is meant to be played and none of this will affect your progress significiantly.

    There is no way the game is meant to be played. Just because survivors want it a certain way dosen't mean it has to be that way. Same goes for killers, but its the survuvivors who ######### about things like 'tunneling' and 'camping', and the devs cave and make the game worse for killers pretty consistently. then they throw the killers a bone like this map update or freddy rework to make it seem like they are trying to balance things, then go back to business as usual.

  • @Vetrathene said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1265268#Comment_1265268

    There is no way the game is meant to be played. Just because survivors want it a certain way dosen't mean it has to be that way. Same goes for killers, but its the survuvivors who ######### about things like 'tunneling' and 'camping', and the devs cave and make the game worse for killers pretty consistently. then they throw the killers a bone like this map update or freddy rework to make it seem like they are trying to balance things, then go back to business as usual.

    I see you lack any game sense. Bye.

1 2 ›