Spirit and hag looking down to break pallets

I don't know if this is a bug or not, but it is noticable. As a spirit player flashlights are almost irrelevant to me because they need to wait more in order to blind me, so not only they waste time and charges, but they also waste distance and in some scenarios I get a free hit. Will this be changed? I feel kinda bad :/

Comments

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    I don't know if this is a bug or not, but it is noticable. As a spirit player flashlights are almost irrelevant to me because they need to wait more in order to blind me, so not only they waste time and charges, but they also waste distance and in some scenarios I get a free hit. Will this be changed? I feel kinda bad :/

    It's how short they are, they basically can't be blinded at pallets.

  • Why would that need to be changed, survivors need to learn different killers might require different ways of dealing with them

  • they actually might change it do to their "no more killer's exception to make the game more suitable for baby survivors" policy. the only fix I want rn is enduring hag bug fix when she gets pallet stunned.

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    I don't know if this is a bug or not, but it is noticable. As a spirit player flashlights are almost irrelevant to me because they need to wait more in order to blind me, so not only they waste time and charges, but they also waste distance and in some scenarios I get a free hit. Will this be changed? I feel kinda bad :/

    Hag has the issue because of how low her camera is on the character model and I personally think its a neat thing with Hag.

    Spirit I find odd because she isn't a small/short character. I do think she needs to be looked into when it comes to flashlight blinds.

    If they wanted to make small/short killers have a different flashlight timing that would be neat but it'll need to be consistent, this is why Hag doesn't bother me.

  • @YuiKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261098#Comment_1261098

    That is a stupid argument.

    Every killer is supposed to be blindable cause they're on the entity realm, why can't spirit and hag be blind on pallets?

    My god, you really are just shameless with your bias, aren't you?

  • @YuiKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261098#Comment_1261098

    That is a stupid argument.

    Every killer is supposed to be blindable cause they're on the entity realm, why can't spirit and hag be blind on pallets?

    They can, you just need to blind them earlier than other Killers.

    Also "That is a stupid argument" is kinda proving the point of my other thread where people will just get angry and mad at everything because different killers requires different ways of you dealing with them.

  • @YuiKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261553#Comment_1261553

    Nah bruh, I have tried a lot of time to find that sweet angle and there isn't, once spirit looks up she already has character movement and she can easily press M1 + W and hit you.

    And how do you know im angry? damn this doesn't prove nothing, and if you srsly just are in the forum to prove if people are angry or not, than you're life is... pretty interesting...

    Here's a video proof:

    https://youtu.be/b6PTTyUHM2Q?t=761

    He even said "oh you can't blind spirit on pallets"

    The fact that you're using someone elses video and opinions kinda makes me doubt you tried to actually blind the Spirit yourself.

    I've played a lot of Spirit, she definitely can be blinded. I've even been blinded to the point where it bugged and kept me blinded for the rest of the game. So it's more to do so with you as a player rather than Spirit as a Killer.

  • And to add that Spirit can be blinded on pallets:

    381210_20191119210038_1.png


  • @YuiKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261585#Comment_1261585

    My comment is waiting for be approved so you can wait for it, not gonna write it again.

    And how do we know you were breaking a pallet?

    Show us a video proof?

    Do you want me to just contiuously play games as Spirit until I play with Survivors who knows how to blind her?

    Yeah no, I'm not doing that.

    But, since the Hag and Spirit are similar in terms of having different animations, and you seem to value the opinions of content creators highly over your own experiences. Here's Paulie showing you how to blind Hag:

    https://youtu.be/MbiFOmuh0do


  • @YuiKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261585#Comment_1261585

    My comment is waiting for be approved so you can wait for it, not gonna write it again.

    And how do we know you were breaking a pallet?

    Show us a video proof?

    I could make a kyf video in which I show you can't blind either during animation. Later in the day tho,as I don't have anyone online rn :/

  • @CLAUDETTEINABUSH said:

    I don't know if this is a bug or not, but it is noticable. As a spirit player flashlights are almost irrelevant to me because they need to wait more in order to blind me, so not only they waste time and charges, but they also waste distance and in some scenarios I get a free hit. Will this be changed? I feel kinda bad :/

    Why would you feel bad for getting a free hit on some greedy buttholes? It feels like you were in the other side of the pallet before you made this post

  • @YuiKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261595#Comment_1261595

    Hag animation is a lot different than spirit.

    And since you dont want to bring any proof than I can already ignore you.

    And this vid is before spirit patch?

    I hate bringing up Tru3 but here

    https://youtu.be/-PL_SnrH5Aw

    4 minutes into the video, blinded at Pallet stun.

    So yes, it's just you as a player, not the Spirit themselves.

  • @zone_dymo said:

    Why would that need to be changed, survivors need to learn different killers might require different ways of dealing with them

    carefull there

    survivors want all killers to play exactly the same

    easy to loop and easy to win


  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261604#Comment_1261604

    I hate bringing up Tru3 but here

    https://youtu.be/-PL_SnrH5Aw

    4 minutes into the video, blinded at Pallet stun.

    So yes, it's just you as a player, not the Spirit themselves.

    He literally got blinded while being stunned. Try blinding a spirit/hag WHILE SHE IS BREAKING a pallet. You can't,literally. It isn't possible. Find a vid in which someone starts blinding right when the killer starts breaking.

  • @luka2211 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261608#Comment_1261608

    He literally got blinded while being stunned. Try blinding a spirit/hag WHILE SHE IS BREAKING a pallet. You can't,literally. It isn't possible. Find a vid in which someone starts blinding right when the killer starts breaking.

    You know what? It's not worth it to prove something that you can do yourself ingame.

    Believe me or not, because I'm not putting in the work to prove something you should know by just playing the game.

    I'm still standing with my point, but the realization dawned on me that I am wasting time shifting through videos to prove something to someone who probably don't want their minds changed.

  • IF it's actually true that it's impossible, then the question is whether or not it's an intended inconsistency as a result of different killer sizes, or unintended and bugged.

    Simple enough. Bellyaching about it won't do any good.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261630#Comment_1261630

    You know what? It's not worth it to prove something that you can do yourself ingame.

    Believe me or not, because I'm not putting in the work to prove something you should know by just playing the game.

    I'm still standing with my point, but the realization dawned on me that I am wasting time shifting through videos to prove something to someone who probably don't want their minds changed.

    I mean I always believed and saw that it isn't possible. We'll see I guess when I try it in kyf today.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/150921/spirit-and-hag-looking-down-to-break-pallets

    Hag has the issue because of how low her camera is on the character model and I personally think its a neat thing with Hag.

    Spirit I find odd because she isn't a small/short character. I do think she needs to be looked into when it comes to flashlight blinds.

    If they wanted to make small/short killers have a different flashlight timing that would be neat but it'll need to be consistent, this is why Hag doesn't bother me.

    Spirit is a very short killer, she just doesn't look it because of her character model (she stands up straight, her hair stands on end, and she doesn't have any obvious disfigurements like Hag). But with pallet blinds, it's not about their height but their animation: Freddy and Pig are both the same relative height, yet they don't avoid the pallet blind.

    Still, I don't think the Devs want people to play differently when it comes to game fundamentals. I'm surprised Clown's pickup animation hasn't been fixed either, unless it was and I just happened to miss it.

  • The real question is, "Why can Demo be blinded at all?"

    Someone look into this, please.

  • @Bovinity said:

    The real question is, "Why can Demo be blinded at all?"

    Someone look into this, please.

    Actually I think it's because he sees using light sources.

    I haven't watched Stranger Things but that's what I read about at least.

    So if he gets blinded it's because there's too much light at his face?

  • @MadLordJack said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261352#Comment_1261352

    Spirit is a very short killer, she just doesn't look it because of her character model (she stands up straight, her hair stands on end, and she doesn't have any obvious disfigurements like Hag). But with pallet blinds, it's not about their height but their animation: Freddy and Pig are both the same relative height, yet they don't avoid the pallet blind.

    Still, I don't think the Devs want people to play differently when it comes to game fundamentals. I'm surprised Clown's pickup animation hasn't been fixed either, unless it was and I just happened to miss it.

    Oh I'm not against them fixing the blinds for consistency sake, I just think it would be neat if killers had small little differences in how you approach situations. Now NOT being able to blind them is clearly not ok, but if smaller killer simply required different angles it would be another neat little thing to learn.

  • It should be noted that if a Survivor is trying to blind Hag at pallets they're using the flashlight wrong anyway.

    Use it on her traps.

  • Hag and Spirit both have unique animations in which their head is looking down at the pallet at a sharper angle and they are both on the shorter side.

    They are still able to be blinded, it’s just harder to do so. If you’re blinding a killer at a pallet then you are using your flashlight wrong anyways. I have no idea why people still continuously try and do it. If the killer has ears then they will hear you.

  • @MegMain98 said:

    Hag and Spirit both have unique animations in which their head is looking down at the pallet at a sharper angle and they are both on the shorter side.

    They are still able to be blinded, it’s just harder to do so. If you’re blinding a killer at a pallet then you are using your flashlight wrong anyways. I have no idea why people still continuously try and do it. If the killer has ears then they will hear you.

    it's why I am always joyous wheneve rI see a team with 4 flashlights.

    Meaning they all wasted their items ;)

  • They both can be blinded. It's just different than blinding the rest of the killers. But I honestly wouldn't feel bad. Dumb survivors are going to do dumb things. I still get people trying to blind me when i'm billy looking down, using my chainsaw to break a pallet.

  • @YuiKim said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262069#Comment_1262069

    Plague looks down, she can be blinded and I remember in PTB she couldn't be blinded and it got fixed.... this speaks up the volume that spirit and hag are bugged.

    Pig, freddy and ghostface can be blinded and they're really small?

    And no, they can't be blinded, show us a video of you doing it in the PALLET BREAKING ANIMATION.

    Plague is the size of an Amazon. She’s twice the size of Hag and Spirit, her camera angle is higher so of course it’s easier to blind her despite having a unique animation.

    Pig, Ghostface, and Freddy have the basic kicking animation. It’s easy to blind them.

    Unlike some people, I don’t use flashlights nor do I blind at pallets because it’s a waste of time and pointless against a good killer but I have been blinded MANY of times at a pallets while playing Spirit because the survivors actually knew how to blind a Spirit.

  • @DelsKibara said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1262069#Comment_1262069

    it's why I am always joyous wheneve rI see a team with 4 flashlights.

    Meaning they all wasted their items ;)

    Sometimes I’m petty and bring in Lightborn just to make their flashlights meaningless and watch them desperately try for flashlights saves. It’s funny to watch XD.

  • You can BLIND at a pallet stun, you cannot BLIND at her breaking pallets... kinda stupid tbh but there you go

  • I got the vid done,gonna upload it tommorow/later at night.

  • @MegaWaffle said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1261675#Comment_1261675

    Oh I'm not against them fixing the blinds for consistency sake, I just think it would be neat if killers had small little differences in how you approach situations. Now NOT being able to blind them is clearly not ok, but if smaller killer simply required different angles it would be another neat little thing to learn.

    I totally agree with that. The Devs, however, really don't seem to. Look at what they did to Pigs terror radius.