Why havn't any perks from the stranger things DLC shown up on shrine yet?

I've been playing dbd every week since before the strager things DLC came out and not once have I ever seen a perk from the stranger things dlc appear on the shrine. I know the reason isn't because they're licenced characters, because i've seen perks from licenced characters show up many times before, and I know the reason isn't because they're somewhat new to the game, because they've been out for many months now.

The only possible reason I can think of is, whoever is resposible for the shrine forgot to update the perk wheel after the stranger things release.

Comments

  • I can confirm that they are eligible to appear on the shrine, they just haven't popped up yet due to chance. There's a lot of perks in the game so the odds of any given perk showing up in the shrine is fairly low.

  • @Peanits said:

    I can confirm that they are eligible to appear on the shrine, they just haven't popped up yet due to chance. There's a lot of perks in the game so the odds of any given perk showing up in the shrine is fairly low.

    I get that the chances are low, but it's been months and not a single perk from stranger things or past that has appeared? You have to admit, that's a least a little weird...

  • @Izo_Quartz said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1256767#Comment_1256767

    I get that the chances are low, but it's been months and not a single perk from stranger things or past that has appeared? You have to admit, that's a least a little weird...

    I would say it's a little unlikely, but I wouldn't say weird. That's just how probability works. Even if the chance for none of them to appear so far is small, it's still a possible outcome.

  • Thats funny cause saboteur came out on the shrine when those changes were coming out for it, very weird to have the perks in the shrine to be just by chance.

  • @TKTK said:

    Thats funny cause saboteur came out on the shrine when those changes were coming out for it, very weird to have the perks in the shrine to be just by chance.

    I would say they can obviously control what goes in the shrine. Look at April fools! I think what @peanits is saying is that as a general rule, the perks that show up are random. He never said they never choose the perks should they desire.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1256906#Comment_1256906

    I would say they can obviously control what goes in the shrine. Look at April fools! I think what @peanits is saying is that as a general rule, the perks that show up are random. He never said they never choose the perks should they desire.

    I can actually go ahead and clear that up right now. There's only been two times where we have changed the shrine (outside of perks that are required for Tome challenges, which are forced for one week):

    1. That time where Aftercare and Wake Up! were in the shrine, but could not be bought due to a bug. The shrine was rerolled with a new set of randomly selected perks.
    2. April 1st for one day, which was then replaced with the regular randomly selected set of perks the next day.

    As for Saboteur, that's just a coincidence. We have changed loads of perks in the past without them appearing in the shrine. Sooner it later, one of the perks that were changed were bound to appear at/around the time that they changed.

  • Let me introduce you to Aftercare, a perk belonging to Jeff Johansen, who was released on the 11 of December, 2018.

    It didn't appear in the Shrine of Secrets until Week 9 of 2020. For reference, we are heading into Week 19 of 2020.

    Meanwhile, all of Jane Romero's perks were released before that, and she came out on the 19 of March, 2019. There was also Flip-Flop (Ash's perk), released in Week 32 of 2019, Mettle of Man (also Ash's perk), in Week 47 of 2019 (Ash came out on the 2nd of April), I'm All Ears (Ghost Face's perk) released in Week 1 of 2020, Thrilling Tremors released in Week 5 of 2020 and Furtive Chase, released Week 46 of 2019. All before a perk that was in the game for 2 years before getting in the Shrine.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1256913#Comment_1256913

    I can actually go ahead and clear that up right now. There's only been two times where we have changed the shrine (outside of perks that are required for Tome challenges, which are forced for one week):

    1. That time where Aftercare and Wake Up! were in the shrine, but could not be bought due to a bug. The shrine was rerolled with a new set of randomly selected perks.
    2. April 1st for one day, which was then replaced with the regular randomly selected set of perks the next day.

    As for Saboteur, that's just a coincidence. We have changed loads of perks in the past without them appearing in the shrine. Sooner it later, one of the perks that were changed were bound to appear at/around the time that they changed.

    👍

    I was only trying to show the person i quoted that you weren't lying in your original statement. (I did get a kick out of April fools!)

    I myself dont pay attention to it as i have all perks unlocked minus OoO. (Hate that perk)

    Please know i was in no way trying to be disreapectful and i do appreciate the time you take in your replies and communications with us!

  • @TheNeonDistrict said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1256797#Comment_1256797

    I'd love fixated on the shrine But I do know that the DLC perks are rarely on the shrine is because you guys would rather people buy the DLC, rather than put the perks on the shrine and that's just how it is

    Let's be real Yui's perks either won't be on the shrine until September 2021 or June 2022

    Ace in the Hole (Ace's perk, DLC on PC) seen in Shrine 11 times.

    Alert (Min's perk, DLC on PC) seen in Shrine 9 times

    Decisive Strike (Laurie's perk, DLC on all ends) seen in Shrine 11 times

    Dying Light (Michael's perk, DLC on all ends) seen in Shrine 10 times

    And I could go on. The fact is this: There are 146 perks in the game. The Shrine gives those that belong to characters, and each character has 3 perks. So that's 63 Survivor perks possible in the Shrine and 57 Killer perks possible in the Shrine (EDIT: total of 120). The Shrine takes 2 from each pool, giving each Survivor perk a 2/63 (0.0317%) chance of being drawn and each Killer perk a 2/57 (0.0351%) chance of being drawn. As more perks get added to the game, those chances are going to get lower. It has nothing to do with BHVR purposefully hiding the perks so people buy the DLC and everything to do with (as Peanits said) probability.

  • @VolantConch1719 said:

    Let me introduce you to Aftercare, a perk belonging to Jeff Johansen, who was released on the 11 of December, 2018.

    It didn't appear in the Shrine of Secrets until Week 9 of 2020. For reference, we are heading into Week 19 of 2020.

    Meanwhile, all of Jane Romero's perks were released before that, and she came out on the 19 of March, 2019. There was also Flip-Flop (Ash's perk), released in Week 32 of 2019, Mettle of Man (also Ash's perk), in Week 47 of 2019 (Ash came out on the 2nd of April), I'm All Ears (Ghost Face's perk) released in Week 1 of 2020, Thrilling Tremors released in Week 5 of 2020 and Furtive Chase, released Week 46 of 2019. All before a perk that was in the game for 2 years before getting in the Shrine.

    Were Janes perks all released before her tome?

  • I wanna remind that bond, windows of toxicity and beast of prey show up in the shrine exactly in the same time when you need these perks to complete a challenges in archives.

  • @Ihatelife said:

    I wanna remind that bond, windows of toxicity and beast of prey show up in the shrine exactly in the same time when you need these perks to complete a challenges in archives.

    Peanits confirmed that if the perks were dlc and needed for tome, they put them in there

  • Solidarity first entered the Shrine in Week 43 2019

    Poised first entered the Shrine in Week 31 2019

    Head On first entered the Shrine in Week 36 2019

    Tome II came out after all of these.

  • @csandman1977 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1257283#Comment_1257283

    Peanits confirmed that if the perks were dlc and needed for tome, they put them in there

    So this is not RNG 🤷‍♂️

  • I can actually go ahead and clear that up right now. There's only been two times where we have changed the shrine (outside of perks that are required for Tome challenges, which are forced for one week):

    1. That time where Aftercare and Wake Up! were in the shrine, but could not be bought due to a bug. The shrine was rerolled with a new set of randomly selected perks.
    2. April 1st for one day, which was then replaced with the regular randomly selected set of perks the next day.

    As for Saboteur, that's just a coincidence. We have changed loads of perks in the past without them appearing in the shrine. Sooner it later, one of the perks that were changed were bound to appear at/around the time that they changed.

    Exact post from peanits 10 posts above this one. Its rng except in certain situations

  • Right on cue Camaraderie shows up. lol

  • And camaraderie is in the shrine lol

  • @Milord said:

    Right on cue Camaraderie shows up. lol

    Yikes

  • Just purchase the ST Chapter if you want the perks. That's what I did a few days ago.

  • Posts this the day Camaraderie is available. Now can we get Any Means Necessary?

  • @TKTK said:

    Thats funny cause saboteur came out on the shrine when those changes were coming out for it, very weird to have the perks in the shrine to be just by chance.

    And Spirit Fury with Enduring.

    It's not RNG.

  • Did you all thought about the chance of certain perks cant be lower than the others so newer DLC perks will have lower percentage to appear to make people to buy DLC 🤷🏻‍♂️

  • @Peanits said:

    I can confirm that they are eligible to appear on the shrine, they just haven't popped up yet due to chance. There's a lot of perks in the game so the odds of any given perk showing up in the shrine is fairly low.

    So the reason is luck, but not the good one

  • Maybe it's time for there to be more perks in the shrine every week

  • @Ihatelife said:

    I wanna remind that bond, windows of toxicity and beast of prey show up in the shrine exactly in the same time when you need these perks to complete a challenges in archives.

    Okay so firstly for the first week of a new tome they force the required perks to be on the shrine. This has been confirmed. Aside from that it's completely random according to Peanits and the rest of the developer team.

    Secondly, Windows of toxicity. Are you seriously saying that Windows of Opportunity is toxic?