should dc ban penalties reset to zero after 12 hours ?
in Polls
Read THIS post.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
If you have an unstable connection you shouldn't be playing the game because you're aware you're going to ruin it for others.
Not sure when the bans reset, but when I have dc'ed for strategic reasons--e.g. to give the other survivor the hatch say--the bans were reset within 24 hours. If you aren't dc'ing 4 or 5 times a day the reset times seem pretty fair to me. If your Internet is going out over and over yeah you should probably take a break until it calms down, but then there is the garbage servers crashing on you even if you have a good connection...there is that.
I'd say No, but it's not unfair. People DC'ing ruins the game for other people, anything to discourage dc'ing is a good think in my books.
Third option: increase the dc penalty.
I vote for this.
My Wifi's also horrid, but yet when the game give me a DC penalty, then I don't play because it's fairly likely that I'll just DC again.
I also absolutely love how this poll is clearly biased, and the 'wrong' option has more votes.
I voted yes but not for the reason given, I have great connectivity and very rarely have loss of connection issues. I think they should reset, at least every 24 hours, because players should not be being penalized 2 days later for a DC. That is ridiculous for a game you bought and paid for. I have no problem with people DCing, it does not ruin my game. And I have been in matches where SWF left and I was alone. I don't care, it changes the dynamic a bit and on we go. I also don't think players should be forced to be anywhere they don't want to, it is a game not a jail. I think any ban for DCs is ridiculous. They want to go, let them.
I will say that this polls options are a bit leading. I try to make polls sound more unbiased even though I obviously have my own thoughts on any matter.
Oof. I'm sorry it sucks to get a penalty for your connection but it also sucks your connection has just put me into a 3v1 game.
@ OP, Yes.
My vote choice reflects differently, because my connection is 100% stable.
I average a solid 0-20 ping on every other game, and on Fibre Gigabit.
Penalty system doesn't belong in a game like DBD.
The penalty should reset, but 12 hours is far too short.
DC penalties should be removed from the game all together. In my opinion why should players have to play in unfair lobbies all because matchmaking doesn't work in this game making players quit the game.
If a player is ranked 20 and gets in with ranks 4 then why should the player at rank 20 have absolutely rubbish matches and not allowed to leave the game.
Instead of DC penalties in the game. Better match making is needed instead.
I like how these clearly biased or sided polls never deter anyone from voting the way they clearly correct way.
Nice try bucko, but no kebab.
Having an unstable connection may suck, but there are people who disconnect just because they feel like it
This is really bad logic. What you are saying is people in area's where there isn't any good internet providers should just not play. That's not only just a jerk move but it's also a massive hit too buisness. It's not the players fault for having bad internet, they shouldn't be punished for it. End of the story.
If you know that your connection is unstable, then you know that there will be problems.
There should be np penalties in dbd.
If there was good match making no one would leave a game.
Who gets banned for so long? Stop leaving.
ive had people leave a match after getting hit once not even downed or hooked ive had people leave after getting hooked once ive had people leave a match after getting downed once ive even had people leave a match because they were the first person i started a chase with trust me people leave not because of good match making [though it is terrible] but because they are sore losers and a majority of them would then go into end game chat and accuse me of being a terrible killer there should be a punishment for leaving a match and screwing over the other survivors
Even though it messes with people with an unstable connection, there needs to be punishment for those who dc to prevent derank.