Thanatophobia
So thanatophobia causes a penalty for each injured, dying and hooked survivor. Level 3 gives survivors 4% penalty in actions. I think level 1 should be 4%. Level 2 would be 6% and level 3 would be 8%.
Is this too much? Do yall think that thanatophobia is fine the way it is? Feedback pls thank you :)
Comments
I'd say make it 4/5/6, don't want it to be too strong with Dying Light.
32% would be too much especially when stacked with other slowdown effects and/or on killers that can keep you injured, like Plague or Legion.
Problem is Thana is pretty useless as it currently stands but even a slight number tweak either isn't enough or pushes it too far under specific circumstances.
I think the perk needs to be reworked, but its not a priority.
Tell that to my Wraith... Ive been 4k'ing with 0 gens done running Thana, Sloppy, Ruin, Surveillance.
the only change thana needs is work with dead and sacrificed survivors too
what alse give u more phobia to death than see your friends die, no have sense to me be more scared when they are injured than when they are dead
Is there a fear of injury? They could always rename it xd
Traumatophobia. Doesn't have the same ring to it as Thanataphobia, and the original version of the perk did also count dead survivors.
That would make the perk overall better but broken on other characters especially when it would be combined with other slowdown methods.
Not that I would complain for a change like that but it is not fair and it won't be healthy for the survivor side of the game.
That would be way too strong on killers like legion and plague and when stacked with other gen slowdown perks and addons.
Not sure if this is Thanas success. Replacing it with Nurses in this build might be of more use. The 0 gen thing is more likely a ruin thing
There was already a discussion several month or maybe over a year ago, regarding Thana taking effect on killed survivors. As a killed survivor already slows down the game most effectively, it would be overkill and that is I think also the reason why it got removed (if I remember correctly, that it once affected dead survivors as well).
I would rather make it 4% for all tiers and add another stackable effect, so the slowdown stays 'balanced' but the perk gets some more value. Like survivors within 10/15/20m scream and give away their location when a survivor dies or whatever
This change would sound about right. It would also make sense of the phobia-of-death part.
well you have to take into account that most people use sloppy butcher too when they use thana making it that much more effective.
It'd be nice if the slowdown perks were good on their own, and had some kind of debuff to regression if you had multiple.
You could buff the numbers of Thana to 4/5/6 % making it 24 % on max. stacks, but it should only slow down repairs.
Dying Light could be changed to where it works against healing and other actions, just like Leader is working on everything but repairing.
Dying Light also shouldn't give the Obsession a free Botany Knowledge and should stay if the Obsession is killed or sacrificed.
You couldn't really stack those Perks to get nasty gen slowdown but they would work pretty good as their own Perks, pretty much what the Devs want, they want slowdown Perks to shine in their own way.
I'm hopeful that they will buff Thanataphobia once they follow up with their plans of reducing the synergy of slow down perks. I'm gonna guess they'll remove the stacking of perks like Thana, Dying Light and Sloppy Butcher. Once that is done, I think a small buff to Thana would be good. Tier 3 should be 6% though, 8% is too much.
Don't need Nurses, I run All Seeing Blood and Boneclapper.
its nice on paper, but with the many other slowdown perks and add ons (like jump rope and swing chains in freddy) a buffed thana would be hell for survivors.
imo, they need to just rework it so it does something else entirely
The ignore this. Still I think Thana did not help you that much to stay at 5 gens, compared to the Ruin effect
I believe the status effect should include sacrificed survivors. But that's just me.
Its fine the way it is, as it can be combined with other perks.
It should work on dead Survivors and then it will be fine.