How to counter insidious basment bubba?
He gets the first survivor in the basment then a survivor goes to save since they dont know hes camping so 2 survivors are in the basment. 2 survivors cant do all 5 gens in 2/3 minutes it takes for the survivors to die
Im not calling the strat op i just want to know how to counter it
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
do as many gens as you can then beg one of them has ds or one of you has bt. That's genuinely all i can come up with lol
You just do gens
i just do gens and leave and take enjoyment from the fact they deranked from it
In addition to the above, the other thing you can do is bring Kindred. It's a very useful perk regardless, but it also lets you know when a killer is camping so you don't waste your time going for the save. If you're the one being camped, it does the same for your teammates.
Reward the killer for his camping.. Do all gens. Do any gen near the basement first, this means by the time he's lost his hook buddy, you guys are nowhere near the basement. Kindred is a win in these situations. But most of all...don't feed the basement.
It's one of those playstyles where the killer has to really mess up to end up with zero kills, best you can do is do gens and leave, or if you know your friend has DS try that, other than that it's unlikely all will survive unless the killer does something really bad
You wait for devs to rework LF.
If it's Bubba, you assume he's camping until proven otherwise. Rush the gens and the exit.
Borrowed Time & Sprint Burst. Try to watch which direction he moves and SB around him. This only works if he lets you get the unhook finished, but a lot of them do. Otherwise, do gens like they said.
Probably not the answer you want. But personally I would run down into the basement and let him chainsaw me down. I'd rather just move on to a more enjoyable game.
Even if you do gens u have time to do two gens, later catch other surv and camp him. U repair 5 gens and he gets 2 kills, only played two survs and the killer, the others survs don't enjoy the game. Campers still buying a game to stay 10 mins in front of a hook. I don't know, u can kill everyone if you dnt camp
There is no direct counter to that, but there are some things people can do to succeed. Sorry this will be a longer text, but this method is working very well for me.
First the obvious stuff and the scenario where oyu dont have that much influence of the game: You are on the hook
Its not you that is hainging down there
With this awareness and knowledge it is time now to use it to succeed this round when someone is camped in the basement and maybe only you are aware of it
The only thing that sucks about this situation is when either all of the survivors or camping the area trying to save and does nothing is getting done. Or the victims are accelerating the sacrificial process and then let go.
It's not like I've never fallen for an Insidious Bubba before, but I'm already cautious enough as it is when going for basement plays. If I know it's LF, I have even more reason to be.
One thing I don't see anybody saying really is that you can actually see between the gaps in the wooden planks in the basement. I can tell you for certain that I've caught several Basement Bubbas trying to Insidious camp just by slowly going down the stairs about halfway and then turning my camera around a little to see if I can get a glimpse of him in the corner through the cracks. It's pretty easy to see his hair and his grimy white tee shirt.
IDK, it has been a little bit since I ran into one of those really dedicated Basement Bubbas, so maybe you can't see it as well anymore, but I'm pretty sure that's a technique that's used in several tiles, so I imagine it still works in the basement.
You don't.
Do gens is basically all you can do.
Insidious counters Kindred
How to counter when the hooked survivor offs himself? Which happens 95% of the time.
Yes, but only after a few seconds once they stop moving. If you pay attention after they hook the person, you can still tell if they're Insidious camping if they go a few feet away, stop moving, and then disappear.
Spine chill would work for this.
Also
Or
Play swf or bring kindred
I just want to enjoy the game. It’s hard to enjoy it when killers do that. I just wish they penalized them more for being near a hook 🤦🏽 At least make me feel good about sticking around. You’re lucky I’m teamed up and I like these guys because hook suicide seems like a viable option. It’s not fun.
What makes this game fun is killer - survivor interactions . I use the word “interactions” in the plural form. That’s because I’m hoping each match I get more than one interaction. I didn’t queue up to see the killer once and die. And this is happening too often. Particularly from hook campers and people that bring in ebony Mori’s. It destroys the game. Just do gens isn’t what I came in the game to do. I want to play 🤷♂️
please consider the things I have mentioned above because they are real feelings towards this game. Campers/baiters and ebony Mori’s need to be addressed.
Survivors need to make it a universal rule to wiggle your arms while on hook if the killer is camping. If I know its a Leatherface I don't even attempt to go near the basement unless i know he is in a chase.
Correct
Guy 1 & 2 have borrowed time, guy 1 must have ds:
- guy 1 gets hooked
- guy 2 has borrowed time, unhooks guy 1, gets downed and hooked
- guy 1 has borrowed time as well, unhooks guy 2, gets downed, uses ds
- both escape the basement
an injured person can't pull off an unhook against a camper :/