Deathslinger's ultra-rare add-ons don't deserve to be ultra-rare
I know, the killer is already out for a month, and it's a bit late for it, but still..
Those add-ons are not worth to be ultra-rare. In fact, they won't be a problem even if they are made into basekit.
Iridescent coin:
You only benefits when the following requirement is met:
- Shot survivors when they are within range of 15-18m
- There is no object between you and the shot survivor
- Survivor you shot is healthy
- No other survivor is around to save the shot survivor
- Open map with no line of sight blocker (Luck base)
What's the chance you met these requirements? You not only needs incredible skill, but also bad play from survivor's team and some luck. When against some SWF, you basically can't get it because of bodyblocking.
Hellshire iron:
Again, you only benefits when the following requirement is met:
- Other survivors are in front of you hiding behind some objects where you can't see through (If you can already see them, what's the point of aura?)
- They are in your already low terror radius (Even lower with monitor)
Even if you see someone there, you don't have the snowball potential to down him before the 1st survivor is healed. So why is it ultra rare?
I hope devs can reply to this, but i doubt it.
Comments
I agree. Tried them both and they feel really underwhelming, I have only gotten 3 "sharpshooter"s with the coin and only got 1 down out of all of them.
For proposed buffs, I say the Coin is made 12 meters for the exposed status effect to trigger, its still a considerable distance but not as ridiculous as 15m.
As for Hellshire Iron, i dont know, I think that this add-on is just really poorly designed, give it a rework or something, or make it so that it makes deathslinger TR map wide when he harpoons someone, that way it would be actually worth it
I really don't know who designed those add-ons. These add-ons needs to be changed, or reworked completely as they are even worse than brown add-ons lol
Also i'm sure some people give some feedbacks to devs during PTB..
I propose giving the same buff most people are suggesting for the coin: Reduce the requirement to 12 metres. More if you're feeling generous, but no less than 10, otherwise it's just Iri Head without the hatchet reduction punishment.
As for the iron, rework it entirely. Not only does Deathslinger have a small terror radius, but his ability to look around and see the auras is reduced while someone is speared, making the addon even more useless. It's a very poorly-designed addon. Not sure what I would replace it with, but here are some ideas:
-Healthy Survivors who assist in breaking a speared Survivor's chain become injured.
-Reeling a speared Survivor into a dropped pallet will instantly break the pallet.
-The aura of all Survivors in your Terror Radius are revealed to you when a speared Survivor is put into the dying state.
-The Deathslinger can fire two bullets before needing to reload.
The pallet breaking one would be interesting, I would love that in game.
But the main issue is that Deathslingers addons just bad, every single one. Reeling speed, reload and miss shot reduction the only useable one's, maybe the mending increase to buy time but thats all.
TR changing ones are terrible and one of them is a rare.
Rare chain health addon only gives 10 more point to it which lets be honest like 0,3 second more to a regular chain.
Deathslinger needs an addon overhaul, because right now his addons might be the weakest out of every killer.
add ons make me sick
The only add-on that makes me sick is Clown's VHS p*rn
I'm scared to even think about what's on that tape...
what about Frank's Mixtape? what horrible taste in music might that madman have!!!
I think the only one with horrible taste in music here is you. 90's hardcore music is lit.
I laughed at this comment xD
But I agree. Tbh, most killers their ultra rare add-ons are just trash and a waste of BP.
You think his are the weakest, go check out Demogorgons.
The problem here is that, Demo is a 115% killer with a range attack that deals dmg instead of just giving you a chance to deal dmg, without reload and a map wide tp. His kit is strong enough without add ons and most of his add ons help his other existing part of his kit better then Deathslingers.
You think Demo's add-ons are weakess? Go check out nurse.
To be honest all these killers have weak add-ons
Like demo's, nurse's and oni's? The devs got a good taste for crappy UR addons lately.
The only killer with actually well balanced Ultra Rare add-ons is ironically Clown.
Both are ultra situational. I never use them because of this and I have Slinger at P3 with a couple of mil bp sunk in and I avoid choosing them from the blood web wherever possible. There are purple, green, yellow and even grey add on's that have better use.
It shouldn't really be like that as they are supposed to be powerful useful ability's.
Wraith has balanced Ultra rares
Plague as well
Trapper eh their not op and their not that strong but their balanced
Plague? Infinite wallhacks? No way it is balanced.
You can deny it by cleansing. It’s only useful if the team stays injured.
It’s a very strong ultra-rare but not idiotic like Iridescent Head.
While I agree with you on the Hellshire Iron there is absolutely no reason a RANGED killer should get instadowns without some insane requirements. Iri Head Huntress is in need of a nerf because there are no requirements other than hit with a hatchet. Which you can get pretty easily.
Deathslinger overall is a watered down as hell killer.
Is he? I rather enjoy playing him and don't have any issues getting my 4ks. He shuts down loops in a way that is considered fair as its still a mindgame between him and the survivor. Not to mention he's still counterable, unlike Freddy.
Then don't forcefully make an add-on that gives you instadown. This add-on is practically useless, and i don't mind to change it to another complete different add-on.
About huntress instadown, it's only unbalanced when paired with +2 hatchet. If they make the hatchet cap at 1 at all cases, it's balanced IMO.
It seems the devs just forgot to make good addons after plague cause all the killers released after her have had really bad addons with a few good ones like rat liver for demo, recharge addons for gf, reload addons for deathslinger, and scalped top knot for oni