Is it just me?

Is it just me or are other players noticing how bad survivors are even at red rank? It's to the point where I would rather be at green rank because they actually play better. I feel like it is too easy to rank up and that might be the cause of this problem, or maybe I'm just unlucky

Comments

  • According to other Users here, all Red Ranks are 100% skilled, often found in 4 man Squads and Killers have never a chance to win a game.

    So it might be just you.

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    Is it just me or are other players noticing how bad survivors are even at red rank? It's to the point where I would rather be at green rank because they actually play better. I feel like it is too easy to rank up and that might be the cause of this problem, or maybe I'm just unlucky

    It is not an accomplishment to reach red ranks as a survivor. Slightly more admirable as killer

    @Aven_Fallen said:

    According to other Users here, all Red Ranks are 100% skilled, often found in 4 man Squads and Killers have never a chance to win a game.

    So it might be just you.

    10/10 lmfao

  • i only give credence to Ranks 1 and 2 since, in the words of Tru3, those players are consistent.

    still get a number of boosted monkeys, but you'll notice 1/2 is way better than 3/4

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    Is it just me or are other players noticing how bad survivors are even at red rank? It's to the point where I would rather be at green rank because they actually play better. I feel like it is too easy to rank up and that might be the cause of this problem, or maybe I'm just unlucky

    The messed up ranking system combined with brain dead swf have boosted so many survivors to red. The sad part is, the devs will eventually bring out some shite statistics about kill rates in reds to justify some insane action. Just reintroduce the 2x depip on loss and bring back old rank reset and the boosted will be culled

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    i only give credence to Ranks 1 and 2 since, in the words of Tru3, those players are consistent.

    still get a number of boosted monkeys, but you'll notice 1/2 is way better than 3/4

    I look at it from a time perspective - someone who is Rank 1 shortly after Rank Reset is better than someone who is Rank 3 or 4 close before Rank Reset. This was even more drastic with the old Rank Reset (which was way better).

  • @BigTimeGamer said:

    i only give credence to Ranks 1 and 2 since, in the words of Tru3, those players are consistent.

    still get a number of boosted monkeys, but you'll notice 1/2 is way better than 3/4

    I have noticed that

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    According to other Users here, all Red Ranks are 100% skilled, often found in 4 man Squads and Killers have never a chance to win a game.

    So it might be just you.

    XD

  • I've noticed that as a green rank killer I consistently get either really good red rank survivors, or really trashy survivors who scum the entire game in SWF while rolling me and being cocky c*nts saying "ggez". Maybe THAT'S just me but hey. I've watched streamers with similar issue.

  • @Lavos99z said:

    I've noticed that as a green rank killer I consistently get either really good red rank survivors, or really trashy survivors who scum the entire game in SWF while rolling me and being cocky c*nts saying "ggez". Maybe THAT'S just me but hey. I've watched streamers with similar issue.

    Definitely seems like a middle ground doesn't exist. Unfortunately for me, it seems to be the terrible ones that get into all of my matches

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    Is it just me or are other players noticing how bad survivors are even at red rank? It's to the point where I would rather be at green rank because they actually play better. I feel like it is too easy to rank up and that might be the cause of this problem, or maybe I'm just unlucky

    No, it isnt you

    Just had a game against 4 rank 1s today, probably SWF, I was playing deathslinger and I was quite rusty because I hadn't played him in a week.

    I played just so, so bad, I was missing all my shots and was really struggling to down them, when I finally got a down it was near the basement, and because they were all altruistic dummies they all went down, they were only missing one gen and were about to finish it, but nope, they decided it was a better idea to kill themselves by rushing rescues in the basement ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/143710/is-it-just-me

    No, it isnt you

    Just had a game against 4 rank 1s today, probably SWF, I was playing deathslinger and I was quite rusty because I hadn't played him in a week.

    I played just so, so bad, I was missing all my shots and was really struggling to down them, when I finally got a down it was near the basement, and because they were all altruistic dummies they all went down, they were only missing one gen and were about to finish it, but nope, they decided it was a better idea to kill themselves by rushing rescues in the basement ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

    I lost count of how many good games for survivors go wrong, due to swarming the hook for a save. Basically throwing the game, due to being to eager for that rescue.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208984#Comment_1208984

    I look at it from a time perspective - someone who is Rank 1 shortly after Rank Reset is better than someone who is Rank 3 or 4 close before Rank Reset. This was even more drastic with the old Rank Reset (which was way better).

    But I used to get red rank consistently and now that I've not played as much I only get red rank right before reset. Red rank as survivor is really o ly based by how much you play. Not how well you play.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    According to other Users here, all Red Ranks are 100% skilled, often found in 4 man Squads and Killers have never a chance to win a game.

    So it might be just you.

    Majority of killers are bad.

    Do we need more proof than that?

  • @OBX said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/143710/is-it-just-me

    The messed up ranking system combined with brain dead swf have boosted so many survivors to red. The sad part is, the devs will eventually bring out some shite statistics about kill rates in reds to justify some insane action. Just reintroduce the 2x depip on loss and bring back old rank reset and the boosted will be culled

    This ^^^^^ you're not playing against the old school consistent red ranks like you were before. The pip system is jacked up, the match making is jacked up, and a ton of people are BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSTED, LIKE....MEGA BOOSTED!!!

    Since this new matchmaking came about.....I've seen red ranked players.....



    Who don't look behind them....



    Let that sink in....

  • @OperationMintyHippo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208993#Comment_1208993

    But I used to get red rank consistently and now that I've not played as much I only get red rank right before reset. Red rank as survivor is really o ly based by how much you play. Not how well you play.

    This.

  • @Reborn2020 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208971#Comment_1208971

    Majority of killers are bad.

    Do we need more proof than that?

    Where did you get this data for this proof? For all i see is a mere statement, not really anything to back it up.

    @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1208985#Comment_1208985

    This ^^^^^ you're not playing against the old school consistent red ranks like you were before. The pip system is jacked up, the match making is jacked up, and a ton of people are BOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOSTED, LIKE....MEGA BOOSTED!!!

    Since this new matchmaking came about.....I've seen red ranked players.....

    Who don't look behind them....

    Let that sink in....

    How the heck did they get that high and never learn to look behind them? Have they never face a ghostface, Myers or other kill that needs you to look around with your eyes or be caught off guard by them sneaking up on you?

  • @Ghostwithaface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1209085#Comment_1209085

    Where did you get this data for this proof? For all i see is a mere statement, not really anything to back it up.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1209092#Comment_1209092

    How the heck did they get that high and never learn to look behind them? Have they never face a ghostface, Myers or other kill that needs you to look around with your eyes or be caught off guard by them sneaking up on you?

    As long as you can do a gen, make a save/heal, and run the killer for more than 10 seconds (which they do by wasting pallets, you rank up. You don't have to be good to rank up and that is the problem.

  • @Ghostwithaface said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1209085#Comment_1209085

    Where did you get this data for this proof? For all i see is a mere statement, not really anything to back it up.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1209092#Comment_1209092

    How the heck did they get that high and never learn to look behind them? Have they never face a ghostface, Myers or other kill that needs you to look around with your eyes or be caught off guard by them sneaking up on you?

    I don't ask questions....I just stab em....I mean ey....its free real estate.

  • @Crazewtboy said:

    Is it just me or are other players noticing how bad survivors are even at red rank? It's to the point where I would rather be at green rank because they actually play better. I feel like it is too easy to rank up and that might be the cause of this problem, or maybe I'm just unlucky

    Hey. The other day I ran by a locker and a window and meant to vault the window... instead I fast jumped in the locker (no quick and quiet) right in front of the killer. Even red ranks potato sometimes. 😂

  • @PigMainBigBrain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1209106#Comment_1209106

    I don't ask questions....I just stab em....I mean ey....its free real estate.

    Can't disagree with that logic. Hey free blood points. Since hey, they only have themselves to blame for not listening to ghostface's phone call https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uW94QI414vM

    @Crazewtboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1209106#Comment_1209106

    As long as you can do a gen, make a save/heal, and run the killer for more than 10 seconds (which they do by wasting pallets, you rank up. You don't have to be good to rank up and that is the problem.

    Yeah sounds like something might need to be looked into. Since i have seen some interesting survivors before, both playing as one and playing as killer. To think there is someone who has not learn to look behind them at red ranks. Just makes me blink, when keeping an eye on the killer is one of the most basic rules of looping. Than again, maybe i'm not a very normal person, due to having look up stuff online to help myself improve and get better at the game.

  • I feel like I've heard people, including myself, saying that even rank 1s can be bad. Maybe I just get unlucky but half the time I'm playing survivor and I get a rank 1 team mate, they're just playing like complete garbage and I'm guessing the whole time they're rank 15 or something playing with a friend. Then end of game screen hits and boom, rank 1. It gets me every time...

  • I play games thinking I have Brown ranks in my lobby and I just assume matchmaking sucked. Then the game finishes. I see the leaderboard and I lose faith in humanity.