Something needs to be done about killer internet priority.
Literally just faced this doctor who would swing 50 feet away from us and wed be hit. The killer says at the end "not my problem my internet sucks you guys were standing still so i smacked you" like one moment were all walking and suddenly all get hit and the doctors nowhere to be seen until one of us gets downed he walks over and picks us up.
(Skip to after im off the hook) i have deadhard ready doctor swings like 20 feet away and i go down and its my fault? So i get a advantage for having crappy internet on this game? Sign me up apparently. Im lucky i even got a blind on him. Friend sent me his pov of the whole game because the clip feature broke for me if ya wanna watch it.
Skip to 2:12.
Mb videos broke for some reason
https://youtu.be/drS2O-NY5tg https://youtu.be/oi8g6bLGQDQ
Comments
1st video skip to after im unhooked at 2 minute mark and 2nd video do the same. Hard to do this on phone sorry lol. What really annoyed me was the lack of counterplay and the killer says its not their problem. So what we supposed to just take the phantom hits and lose because we actually have good internet?
According to the devs killers missing a hit because of their own bad internet is a no no but cheating survivors out of health states is A-OK.
Yeah literally i was just walking and i I instantly lose a healthstate like what the hell?
Guess this isnt a problem apparently im just unlucky lol. Hopefully something does get done about this though i thought dedicated servers was supposed to fix this but apparently not.
Just had this happen again actually with a ghostface he walked away on my screen then suddenly wam im down and he picks me up and puts me on a hook. Love this game...
Honestly, I am a little bit alarmed because of this. It seems like more people are starting to use VPNs to get an unfair advantage, while the number of complaints/reports on the Forum is still low, there was more in the past weeks.
I also faced a Trapper lately who suddenly got strange Hits on the Window, two times basically the same, me running already, then getting sucked back and he got the hit (Server set me back to actually make it like it looked on his end), after being totally fine the whole game. (Most likely not using a VPN, but it was strange that it suddenly started to spike on his end, at exactly the same time)
I can get that it is strange if the Hit connects on the Killers Side but he does not get it because on the Survivors end it does not connect, but the other way around is also pure BS. I also notice Killers who are trying to get those "Dedicated Hits" and sometimes I also get Hits as Killer which look even wrong on my end.
Yeah i dont know if the doctor was doing it on purpose but it gave like no counterplay he literally swings at air on my screen and i go down. He did the same to my friend. It made the match impossible cant loop an invisible killer. And then the killer acts like its not their fault. (Which in some cases its not but there needs to be a limit) and all he had to say was "idk not my problem figure it out". And the ghostface it seemed to happen at precise moments but i cant say for sure.
My internet is slow, but this never happens to me as far as I know. Then again, my ping is usually good despite my crappy internet. I never play with yellow or red ping. Are there really people out there with worse internet than me playing this game? My speed is only 2.3 mbps.
Apparently the killer said he had like worse than mcdonalds internet so like 1mbps? Or less lol
I have around the same speed internet and I suffer very little to zero lag. It seems a lot of killers are using VPN's to mess with Dedicated Server connections and causing themselves to lag for survivors, meaning you get downed with their minds since they're about 30 feet away. Honestly, anyone who feels the need to cheat like this must be complete garbage at the game.
I hope the devs do something about this.
It’s not just you. Dedicated servers were supposed to fix lag switching, but unfortunately because of the way they’ve been implemented it’s now easier than ever to do effectively the same thing by using a VPN to join a distant server. And survivors can’t do anything to avoid it because there’s no indication of killer ping in the lobby, and now you get slapped with a disconnection penalty if you wanna quit. Pretty good job so far.
I don't get too much lag. When I do, it never benefits me. Had a match where I was chasing a survivor out of the shack, almost hit them, only to appear back in the shack. Left me wondering WTH just happened.
Then idk how the doctor and ghostface weaponized it so easily.
Our internet here is much slower these corona days. It's a problem plus people using VPN.
this is not about internet priority. it is about the fact that there is latency involved. if you don't like it leave the match how ever you like just take what ever penalty you want. survivors can have just as bad of a latency issue and killers swing and suddenly the survivor isn't there or ghosts through because before the hit was registered the update game and survivor wasn't there. it goes both ways. if you think someone was intentionally doing this you best report them at the scoreboard and then send the proof via a ticket (two reports basically) otherwise suck it up you won't get anything changed by just posting here.
This seems like more than simple latency.
then report it to be investigated with sever data and your video proof. if you don't do that then it's mere latency. you might notice i mentioned the same thing as well
Actually it's the garbage lagback caused when vaulting which makes you take a bs hit. In the ptb they luckily fixed vaulting after months of taking bs hits miles through windows.
this is not what the OP was describing the "LAG BACK" I never saw on my pc. dedicated servers did introduce lag issues that were not there but elimiated more lag issues than it created. noting is 100% perfect and there will always be lag when you are dealing with two people that are continents away, or even the next state over. There is a point where you CAN hit someone logically through a window and if you think that's impossible. have someone stand across a 3-4 ft high fence and you and one other stand on either side of the window one reaches out with a stick and see what that distance is (stick should be 2-3 feet in length generally but some smaller than others but use the average of a short sword length of blade (from the top of the crosshilt to the tip of the blade) and see if it is possible you will find it is quite possible.
there are other instances of lag happening that is intentionally caused by the killer's pc (downloading etc) where you will also find that that "lag back" will happen or the fact that myers hits you 2 meters from a downed pallet on the OTHER side of you. you should report instances that seem suspicious even if you think it might have been lag, it is possible that something hinky is going on on one end or the other.
Lets ask the killer mains
Killer mains, what say ye?
Killer mains: “Veto”
The mob has spoken. Hits shall stay as they are. Survivors are OP enough already, killer getting hits through pallets is how the game should be balanced.
"It just wouldn't FEEL right to swing through a survivor and not get a hit."
Doesn't feel right getting hit because your Killer is from the moon lmao
I know he didn't mention lagback but that's what causes it from my experience. It happens on 60ms for me and everyone else,it's that bad in live that you need to do a certain tech to not make ur character lagback lmfao. I could record a vid if you want to show what i mean by lagback.
But 60 Ping must be amazing when 150 Ping is "pretty good ping"...
That's why i love ptb rn so much,killers can't dedi hit anymore. Well atleast the ones with normal ping,dunno about VPN-ers. I'm so happy there's no more lag back on any type of vault,literally one of the main reasons i want this mid chapter patch to come so fast :D
Questionable if it will be the same on live. During the Oni PTB my Dead Hard worked all the time, but we know how the current reality is.
But yes, no more Dedicated Hits would be great, even tho it is quite funny to see how some Killers are trying to get Dedicated Hits. But they are probably the most annoying thing right now for Survivors, I totally accept getting hit when I was too greedy or when I am too dumb to do fast vaults, but not when played correctly and simply got punished because the Killer is casually eating a Big Mac while playing DBD in his home McDonalds.
True. Hope these vaults make it to live tho so much,i like watching killers on ptb trying to hit me from miles away and not getting it lmfao. It would prob push worse killers who relied on servers down in ranks.
You do realize how assanine your statement is? the issues being discussed here are not easy to fix and there is little that can be done to fix latency what so ever? If you think they can apply a fix to make everyone not have latency you might just want to put down what you're smoking because even marajuana isn't that good thus it's definitely illegal in the US.
You both realize that "PING" can change from millisecond to millisecond? you do know that it can easily go from "60 ping" to "500ping" in the span of a millisecond and then right back to "60 ping" in the next and you'd never see it change because you could not see the changes and the display could not update that fast? Also PING is a term that is misused in this time, it does represent what ideas are there and even my statement above about it changing uses that "misuse" of the term.
PING is actually a command in all types of operating systems, IOS, MacOS, Windows, Linux, Unix etc. it causes the OS to send a set of packets out to a specific destination and then it is sent back. This returns a TIME (60ms, 150ms, 600ms, etc) which tells the user how "speedy" or "fast" their connection is, and if you would be experiencing major latency (or lag) or not. The higher the time (ms = milliseconds) the long it takes for something to reach you. YES we are talking fractions of a second. if you think you can experience this you are wrong, but that is how computers work. Now you and the killer both have a "PING" and if it is 60 at one moment on both ends it takes 60 ms for you to send to the server, 60 ms for your information to move to the killer, then 60 ms for it to return to the dedicated server and another 60ms to return to you resulting in a total of 240 ms passing. during that time, your game has updated the server, their game has updated the server, and at a low turn time as 120 ms (from system to server and then back with updates) it's not that bad but something may cause one leg of this overall journey to go from 60ms to 500ms or longer for a short period of time and this is where you see the most agregious effects and this is something that happens even without either person known or it could be because they started a download, or something else is taking priority over that information or it is intentionally done by doing one of the above or something else like lag switching was before dedicated servers.
That isn't the point. No one is asking for a cure for latency. The server should confirm hits instead of it being on the killer side. Today I played against a Chinese VPNer and I literally got hit after I hit the ground after jumping out of a window on Haddonfield. There's no counterplay to this and considering the ping indicator in lobby is useless I have to guess how much lag the killer has.
well you JUST said it was the issue after saying it is not. and using a VPN introduces even more lag because it take a long time to get to the dedicated server but the server only sees the FINAL connection not everyone in between due to the effects of the VPN. I did not say that there was not an issue, nor that there was not ANY sembelance of a resolution. but the server is just a glorified connector, it is not the one running the game itself, how ever the logs of the game are still going through it and can be looked at for what happens. unlike MMO's where the issue in PVE you only deal with client to server issues but these issues even affect PVP in MMO's as well as other MOBAs and even Battle Royale. depends on how things are done and What I am seeing here is that the servers are just connection servers the clients are still only on the player's side and that is why things are as they are and that is how I see it from the technical side.
You can see when ur ping goes over 150 with the symbol in the top left corner,i never see it in my games.
There should be an auto-kick feature for anyone above a certain ping. Simple. I forget where I experienced this but a game I played in the past had it implemented. At the very least, everybody's ping should be displayed in the lobby with a visible warning on any player with high ping.
Generally my ping is usually under 20ms. I've always considered anything above 50ms to be too high for a multiplayer game, and believe anybody over 100ms should be insta-kicked. Either that or segregate them in queues and make it so they can only play with 100ms+ players.
Just my opinion.
Certain types of people never wanna take responsibility for their own actions. If you know you have a bad internet connection then you are most definitely at fault when playing online and causing laggy gameplay. Try as you might, you can't argue against facts.
Please show me where I said that? Almost everyone understands there will be lag. But getting hit from 20 meters away because a Chinese person wants to play on NA servers with no way of knowing is ridiculous. Hits should be server side to fix this because its ruining about 20% of my games at this point, and I can't even DC without getting a ban, nor do I even get a warning of the killers connection to the server, which is what matters.
interesting, i haven't seen that on my screen but i don't always see what hapens on the edge and corners of the screen when i'm paying attention to the active part of the screen to be honest so i can't say it has or hasn't happened.
this statement is what I was commenting about "Today I played against a Chinese VPNer and I literally got hit after I hit the ground after jumping out of a window on Haddonfield" that is the SAME as what you said that it was not an issue.... but keep talking in circles maybe you'll answer your own answers with what you think are the only answers... I will bow out since i will not be able to convince you otherwise.
Hit detection is so much better on the PTB, for me at least. There is nothing about this on the patch notes but I don't think I encountered a single bs hit on the PTB and I was having higher than usual ping. Stutters after vaults are gone now and I'm certain that hit detection is improved.
The vaults are so good it's like a dream lmfao.
Yep. I'm gonna stay in the PTB until it closes for the first time. So glad they finally fixed them.
EDIT: Well, I'm taking that back because I can't find any matches on the PTB anymore.
Why not just make it to play this game a ping of 60 or less is required and don’t let people play who can’t meet that.
i personally am ok with it the way it is but if you have that much a issue let’s just fix it all and limit a lot of people from playing
survivor and killer
That would make a ton of people just unable to play the game. Being able to see the killer's ping would be a decent solution but the best solution is to just change how hits work and make them better.
DBD has these problems mostly because hits are calculated from the killer's perspective and having high ping as killer is like cheating. I don't remember any other game where having high ping actually gives you an advantage.
Your asking for 4 different internet priorities rather than one.
I wanted to do the same thing but queues got too long :/
O well not my problem at that point would be there's . Like I said it's fine the way it is. But if you wanna fix it fix it. Or stop bitching.
Also this was a p2p do you want to be the guy killed at the start and forced to stay and watch for 10 mins .... I don't
Also high ping survivors should also be punished as I've had one teleport around the map from lag kinda cheating too.
I say 80 or less or match making won't start if people are excluded o well tough luck.
I ran into this twice last night, the most frustrating was The Spirit because she was phasing for what felt like 2 seconds and she would teleport across the entire map. There was no time to react you would just get grabbed and then it would pause for a few seconds and you end up on the hook in the basement. The issue is when games reward lag, something that people can induce, there's an incentive to create lag conditions. Instead when The Killer is lagging that much, the survivors should get priority. The thing I've been running into quite often this week is extremely laggy Locker grabs. The Killer is way to the left or right of the locker or too far in front and then they instantly teleport and open it providing no opportunity to react.