Apparently a lot of ladies play this game. Do you think this is true?

I mean...I am a lady and I do love a great slasher movie/game so...why wouldn't a play a game that has all my favorite spooky boys in one place? (Along with a few new favorites) I will admit I have run into a lot of other ladies while playing. It's about the same rate as me running across other ladies on League or Overwatch. Usually my teams are an even mix of ladies and fellas with sometimes the favor being more to one or the other.

I'm just bored and curious about what your experience has been like with this. This isn't for anything serious I'm just bored and this question was on my mind. I think it's great this game appeals to everyone and seems to have a pretty evenly mixed crowd.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Female player here also, tho I think people just assume I'm a guy since I play male characters + my profile isn't at all 'girlish'

    I just see people as their characters.

  • I have no idea honestly. I have messages turned off. So I never get into people's genders. I will say that based on the forums, there seem to be a fair number of lady gamers. Also this game seems to have a large gay community as well. I noticed there seemed to be a large gay community when I played F13 as well. I wonder if horror is just really popular within that community.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1156011#Comment_1156011

    Not being a smartass. Just showing how you value peoples appearances over personality. It's okay.

    Last I checked nobody is playing games to fulfill someone elses fantasy of finding the perfect gamer girl. Were all doing it because we, guess what, enjoy the games.

    I'm curious why it matters at all. 🤷‍♀️

    Actually no that does not mean anything at all. Don’t come with me with that “logic”. I have seen a lot of very famous streamers that have developed streaming careers and I’m sure how they presented themselves played a substantial role in their success. As a whole most careers favor better looking people, don’t deny the facts.

  • @megaweenieman said:

    I wonder how many of those ladies are actually good looking. Not trying to be a smartass. I also know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But I am curious

    That sounds pretty sexist

  • @OtakuBurrito said:

    I mean...I am a lady and I do love a great slasher movie/game so...why wouldn't a play a game that has all my favorite spooky boys in one place? (Along with a few new favorites) I will admit I have run into a lot of other ladies while playing. It's about the same rate as me running across other ladies on League or Overwatch. Usually my teams are an even mix of ladies and fellas with sometimes the favor being more to one or the other.

    I'm just bored and curious about what your experience has been like with this. This isn't for anything serious I'm just bored and this question was on my mind. I think it's great this game appeals to everyone and seems to have a pretty evenly mixed crowd.

    I think the ratio leans more towards males but maybe not by much. That's the feeling I get when I bother to check player profiles. This game is pretty casual so I wouldn't be surprised if it's 55:45 or even tighter. Games that are more competitive seem to have a higher male ratio, like Quake, Street Fighter, Starcraft or racing sims. Those are like 90:10, if that. Hahaha. That's been my experience anyway. GJ DBD.

  • The Merriam-Webster definition of sexism reads;

    1 : prejudice or discrimination based on sex

    especially : discrimination against women

    2 : behavior, conditions, or attitudes that foster stereotypes of social roles based on sex

    The comment says: "I wonder how many of those ladies are actually good looking. Not trying to be a smartass. I also know that beauty is in the eye of the beholder. But I am curious"

    The comment fits under both of these definitions. Prejudice is a preconceived opinion that is not based on experience or actual reason. The part of the comment that says: "I wonder how many of those ladies are actually good looking" implies an assumption that most gamer girls aren't pretty or pretend that they're pretty when they're actually not. That opinion is based on neither fact nor experience, and so it is by definition prejudiced.

    The second definition is also true for this comment, as no man on the internet would wonder if the guys they're playing with online are actually attractive in real life, emphasis on the word actually. The attitude expressed towards women on the internet in this comment is exactly what the definition states, fostering stereotypes of social roles based on sex. It expects women to act or present themselves in a certain way when in reality a lot of women online do not.

  • @28_stabs said:

    Now I understand why we cant escape killer. Gals dont do gens.

    I thought the vibrations from the generator would make them happy.

    Hmm.

    I think we're all girls until it's proven we're a G.I.R.L. (Guy in real life for those not versed in meme lingo.)

  • My wife doesn't play DbD, but she'll wreck face in Overwatch lol

    She wants me to play with her, but she's a dirty console player so... no way. #pcmasterrace

    Plus, I suck at shooters. She'd be yelling at me the entire time for being bad.

  • @Heartbound said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1156602#Comment_1156602

    I thought the vibrations from the generator would make them happy.

    Hmm.

    I think we're all girls until it's proven we're a G.I.R.L. (Guy in real life for those not versed in meme lingo.)

    u forgot that gens sometimes explode. It may be too stressful for them.

  • @megaweenieman said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1156889#Comment_1156889

    Actually no that does not mean anything at all. Don’t come with me with that “logic”. I have seen a lot of very famous streamers that have developed streaming careers and I’m sure how they presented themselves played a substantial role in their success. As a whole most careers favor better looking people, don’t deny the facts.

    Nice, miss what I said entirely and get defensive after what, 3 or 4 days?

    Theres plenty of streamers and celebrities that arent "beautiful human specimens".

    Really just proving my point. I never said you had to look good or that only good looking people can do it, just that you very bluntly showed us how much you value looks over any substance. And you prove it with every shallow statement you make.

    Thanks for the easier rebuttal though! Maybe dont take a week to respond next time.

  • @SpaceCoconut said:

    My wife doesn't play DbD, but she'll wreck face in Overwatch lol

    She wants me to play with her, but she's a dirty console player so... no way. #pcmasterrace

    Plus, I suck at shooters. She'd be yelling at me the entire time for being bad.

    My boyfriend also wanted me to play BO4 and Overwatch, but i only played Brigitte so he changed his opinion pretty fast. :)

  • From my own experience there seems to be more women on this game than others I have played.

1 2 ›