With only a month to go; Chapter 9 is ANYTHING known?!

So, with chapter 8 being released on 12 June and the plan to release a new chapter every 3 months, i work it as being just under a month to the next chapter.
We had seen the postcard by now, is there any sort of event due over the next few weeks, or is there likely to be some snippets in a stream or anything?
The suspense is killing me!

Comments

  • It is a bit odd that nothing has even been mentioned at this point....
  • I want a ghostface killer so bad, I hope they will bring him as Chapter 9 killer  >.< 
    The anticipation for the next killer is killing me 😂
  • I have to say, I'm very keen for another Licensed character; it's not like there is a shortage of iconic characters. Perhaps the hype will start on the next stream as the countdown begins.

    Thinking about it, how early did the PTB get released?! Was it two weeks before?!

  • To be frank, usually there is some kind of leak by now... but absolutely nothing so far. I’m even more excited than ever because I actually have no clue. 
  • The answer is out there, have a closer look!

  • @not_Queen said:
    The answer is out there, have a closer look!

    @not_Queen said:
    The answer is out there, have a closer look!

    D O N ' T S A Y T H A T ! ! !

    I won't go to sleep now, for searching!!!!

  • not_Queen said:

    The answer is out there, have a closer look!

    Im not sure if there is an hint out there or you're just trolling.
  • not_Queen said:

    The answer is out there, have a closer look!

    Im not sure if there is an hint out there or you're just trolling.
    I actually hope she's trolling, because that would be hilarious.
  • Esheon said:
    not_Queen said:

    The answer is out there, have a closer look!

    Im not sure if there is an hint out there or you're just trolling.
    I actually hope she's trolling, because that would be hilarious.
    Honestly, if i was the community manager i'd be trolling.
  • not_Queen said:

    The answer is out there, have a closer look!

    Well I gotta hand it to queen at least she didn’t reply back with Soon™️
  • This content has been removed.
  • Its hidden in the source code of one of the websites. Go look for it. 
  • I think the killer is a teacher based off the cosmetics leak for some of the survivors. And plus school is about to start up again. 
  • not_Queen said:

    The answer is out there, have a closer look!

    reported for trolling/baiting
  • I get it!

    That pharse is the hint!

  • It's the hint Cote gave us about every 23 years which means Creeper from Jeepers Creepers
  • Where is the answer suppose to be queen
  • Come out people, she gave it all away. The answer is out there. We are getting an alien killer and the weapon will be a probe.

  • Can you guide us to that answer that is OUT THERE
  • WE NEED TO SEND A SEARCH PARTY OUT TO FIND THE HINT.

  • https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=piz_KhWmYU8

    He's out there

    Then again, I remember the Doctor being identified as Jacob Goodnight and Huntress as someone from "You're Next"
    :)

  • not_Queen said:

    The answer is out there, have a closer look!

    I hope this is bait 
  • @Unit said:
    It's the hint Cote gave us about every 23 years which means Creeper from Jeepers Creepers

    It's definitely NOT this. They stated on the forums they are not pursuing this license.

  • I'm awake 1 hour past midnight right now and I'm still reading pointless threads...

    Just, I don't know.

    GOOD NIGHT!

  • I still think it's going to be a japanese movie killer if licensed. Something like Sadako Yamamura from Ringu

    But i'll wait for more hints

  • I still think it's going to be a japanese movie killer if licensed. Something like Sadako Yamamura from Ringu

    But i'll wait for more hints

    Omg I would die if she is the next killer she is so scary 😱 imagine her crawling towards you in fast speed, I would poop my pants
  • It was already confirmed Doom Guy was being released next, as a tribute to Doom Eternal trailer release.

    Chapter 9: Rip and Tear!

  • Hmmn, this really makes me wonder if it's Benedict Baker the character who wrote most of the lore about the entity's realm and then he said that he hope. Of Vigo? Or both?

    I've always wanted to see Benedict and Vigo incorporated into the game. I really thought we'd get a licensed killer for this next chapter because of Halloween, but now I'm not so sure.

  • I still think it's going to be a japanese movie killer if licensed. Something like Sadako Yamamura from Ringu

    But i'll wait for more hints

    Or the Grudge 
  • OoOooO now they can name it the classic ceremony

  • Hmmn, this really makes me wonder if it's Benedict Baker the character who wrote most of the lore about the entity's realm and then he said that he hope. Of Vigo? Or both?

    I've always wanted to see Benedict and Vigo incorporated into the game. I really thought we'd get a licensed killer for this next chapter because of Halloween, but now I'm not so sure.

    Hopefully detective Esther will be on the case and we can expect a video soon™️
  • maybe it's better that they didn't mention anything, that prevents the useless hype and disappointment..
    sometimes it's better to wait and see what comes when it comes.

  • not_Queen said:

    The answer is out there, have a closer look!

    So the survivor will Agent Scully and the killer is Bad Writing?
  • If the answer is out there then the result must be recgonizable wich probably means its a licenced killer no one is getting cosmetics for.

    I personally think that the moment they made the store the thought of licenced killers went away because it costs money not make it. (compared to unique that have store skins)

  • not_Queen said:

    @Mr_Jay_Stark Soon™️

    When you get trolled by the developers. #feelsbadman.
  • It's Jeepers Creepers.

  • @Unit said:
    It's the hint Cote gave us about every 23 years which means Creeper from Jeepers Creepers

    It's definitely NOT this. They stated on the forums they are not pursuing this license.

    You mean like when they said "no clown killer!"?
  • As long as it's not "yet another low tier licensed character", I'll take it.

  • @Runiver said:
    As long as it's not "yet another low tier licensed character", I'll take it.

    What other iconic killer could they possibly ruin?

  • @Tsulan said:

    @Runiver said:
    As long as it's not "yet another low tier licensed character", I'll take it.

    What other iconic killer could they possibly ruin?

    Hard to tell, there's a lot of possibility to make "deadly psychos" into "Hey, we made it so it's not made to actually kill"

  • @Runiver said:

    @Tsulan said:

    @Runiver said:
    As long as it's not "yet another low tier licensed character", I'll take it.

    What other iconic killer could they possibly ruin?

    Hard to tell, there's a lot of possibility to make "deadly psychos" into "Hey, we made it so it's not made to actually kill"

    I don´t know if they can top Freddy.
    Devs = Challenge accepted.

  • @Tsulan said:

    @Runiver said:

    @Tsulan said:

    @Runiver said:
    As long as it's not "yet another low tier licensed character", I'll take it.

    What other iconic killer could they possibly ruin?

    Hard to tell, there's a lot of possibility to make "deadly psychos" into "Hey, we made it so it's not made to actually kill"

    I don´t know if they can top Freddy.
    Devs = Challenge accepted.

    Freddy 2.0 won't happen. At least as far as I'm concerned when I talk to devs, they consider it to be "a mistake from the past"

  • @Shadoureon said:
    I personally think that the moment they made the store the thought of licenced killers went away because it costs money not make it. (compared to unique that have store skins)

    Previous licence deals were made without the shop in mind, while with future ones they would be able to negotiate the possibilities of cosmetics right from the beginning. And you can do cosmetics with licenced killers. Just stuff like Pretty Lady Leatherface or Halloween 2018 Myers/Laurie are coming into my mind right now.

  • @Runiver said:

    @Tsulan said:

    @Runiver said:

    @Tsulan said:

    @Runiver said:
    As long as it's not "yet another low tier licensed character", I'll take it.

    What other iconic killer could they possibly ruin?

    Hard to tell, there's a lot of possibility to make "deadly psychos" into "Hey, we made it so it's not made to actually kill"

    I don´t know if they can top Freddy.
    Devs = Challenge accepted.

    Freddy 2.0 won't happen. At least as far as I'm concerned when I talk to devs, they consider it to be "a mistake from the past"

    I hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
    Devs thought back then that Freddy "is in a pretty good spot".
    So i´m very cautious in that regard.

  • Well at this point of the game there isin't really any 'scary' killer.
    The only scary thing about them is the things they do such as countering loops and regressing progress.

    The only killer that I can concider 'scary' is the Hag.
    They did a fine job with her and I really love the concept of the classic 'jumpscares'.
    That's what makes a game scary!

    Also how she looks, fml I'll kill myself if I ever see that again.
    But please, don't go full ham on this opinion! :)

  • @Tsulan said:

    @Runiver said:

    @Tsulan said:

    @Runiver said:

    @Tsulan said:

    @Runiver said:
    As long as it's not "yet another low tier licensed character", I'll take it.

    What other iconic killer could they possibly ruin?

    Hard to tell, there's a lot of possibility to make "deadly psychos" into "Hey, we made it so it's not made to actually kill"

    I don´t know if they can top Freddy.
    Devs = Challenge accepted.

    Freddy 2.0 won't happen. At least as far as I'm concerned when I talk to devs, they consider it to be "a mistake from the past"

    I hope for the best, but prepare for the worst.
    Devs thought back then that Freddy "is in a pretty good spot".
    So i´m very cautious in that regard.

    Cote, did, actually.
    I have very hard time considering this guy as a "dev". He's a game director that knows nothing about his game, that will just say anything to please the crowd, except when he wants to meme.

  • @not_Queen said:
    The answer is out there, have a closer look!

    Well if this isn't trolling then it wouldn't be Jeepers Creepers would it?

    I say this because I believe it was Dave Richard ( sorry if i got his name wrong ) said in a stream a few months back something about every 27 years, which is a Jeepers Creepers reference.

    Just a thought of mine.

  • @not_Queen said:
    The answer is out there, have a closer look!

    Well if this isn't trolling then it wouldn't be Jeepers Creepers would it?

    I say this because I believe it was Dave Richard ( sorry if i got his name wrong ) said in a stream a few months back something about every 27 years, which is a Jeepers Creepers reference.

    Just a thought of mine.

    They said its not gonna happen amd he probably got smacked behind the scenes for it.

    Im glad about it too, i dont want DBD/BHVR to finance a convicted pedophile.
‹ 1 2