Concerned about this next chapter

As for the title to be honest I am. We haven't got no news yet if there's going to be any changes with the Deathslinger and the sabotaging hook balance. I'm really hope I'm wrong with this, but I think they won't be any changes. In the past we would have heard about them sooner.

Quite hesitant in buying this one because why should I buy a weak killer? Love his design and story, but that's it.

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • Wait a week, betting it goes live exactly as it was in the PTB and he'll still get nerfed for some nonsensical reason in the first few days. Or at very least wait for patch notes or streamers to get thsir hands on him

  • You dont have to buy it if you dont want to, but I have faith that we will see the required changes to sabo and Deathslinger.

  • Or he'll get a mild QoL buff with Plague, Doc and Trapper but we'll still have the unbelievably obscene gigabuffs to survior mechanics so it won't matter

  • @Eye66 said:

    Wait a week, betting it goes live exactly as it was in the PTB and he'll still get nerfed for some nonsensical reason in the first few days. Or at very least wait for patch notes or streamers to get thsir hands on him

    Plus some nerf to pig for "obvious" reasons :)

  • I just hope they buff deathslinger.

  • If they didn't revert the Sabo changes, then I might make a thread on how long this game is gonna last.

    I give it about 2-3 months before it can no longer hold up because of all the players that refuse to play killer anymore. period.

  • @JakConstantine said:

    As for the title to be honest I am. We haven't got no news yet if there's going to be any changes with the Deathslinger and the sabotaging hook balance. I'm really hope I'm wrong with this, but I think they won't be any changes. In the past we would have heard about them sooner.

    Quite hesitant in buying this one because why should I buy a weak killer? Love his design and story, but that's it.

    Buy? Use shards...

  • I think it will be fine. The devs have gotten pretty good at making adjustments to PTB. The only real exception is Legion T-T

  • They don't usually inform us of upcoming changes coming out of a PTB until they release the Patch Notes. Point being, there's no reason to believe he won't be changed just because we haven't been told that he will be, so it's still very much a possibility.

  • @TheHourMan said:

    I think it will be fine. The devs have gotten pretty good at making adjustments to PTB. The only real exception is Legion T-T

    Lol good one

  • @NullEXE said:

    If they didn't revert the Sabo changes, then I might make a thread on how long this game is gonna last.

    I give it about 2-3 months before it can no longer hold up because of all the players that refuse to play killer anymore. period.

    I might be quitting after Doom hits, I was an uberfan but the devs have rammed killer so badly into the ground I kinda hate the game at this point

  • @Fibijean said:

    They don't usually inform us of upcoming changes coming out of a PTB until they release the Patch Notes. Point being, there's no reason to believe he won't be changed just because we haven't been told that he will be, so it's still very much a possibility.

    Imma mark these words for when I'm proven right this week

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1147583#Comment_1147583

    Imma mark these words for when I'm proven right this week

    Turns out they changed his grappling hook to just count as hooking a survivor to be sacrificed.

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1147583#Comment_1147583

    Imma mark these words for when I'm proven right this week

    Sure, then we can both be right and it will be a win-win.

  • @JakConstantine said:

    As for the title to be honest I am. We haven't got no news yet if there's going to be any changes with the Deathslinger and the sabotaging hook balance. I'm really hope I'm wrong with this, but I think they won't be any changes. In the past we would have heard about them sooner.

    Quite hesitant in buying this one because why should I buy a weak killer? Love his design and story, but that's it.

    Don't forget the harpoon applies DeEp wOUnDs, so he's not even on par with huntresses hatches or demos lunge, because both of theirs destroy pallets at least. Deathslinger has so much counter-play its not even funny.

  • @Eye66 said:

    Wait a week, betting it goes live exactly as it was in the PTB and he'll still get nerfed for some nonsensical reason in the first few days. Or at very least wait for patch notes or streamers to get thsir hands on him

    Dafuq when did they ever do that? xD Ghostface got fixed in 1 week after PTB launch, Demogorgon got even a ultra rare as basekit... Oni got QoL changes that are all healthy and nice. Since I am oni main I hear alot of complains about how busted he is but still they didnt do anything to him yet.

  • @TheHourMan said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1147615#Comment_1147615

    Turns out they changed his grappling hook to just count as hooking a survivor to be sacrificed.

    I don't know where you got this information but they actually just made it so that the survivor dies immediately when hit with the harpoon.

  • @Eye66 said:

    Wait a week, betting it goes live exactly as it was in the PTB and he'll still get nerfed for some nonsensical reason in the first few days. Or at very least wait for patch notes or streamers to get thsir hands on him

    Breaking the chain no longer injures the survivor, only applies deep wound.

  • @BenZ0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1147502#Comment_1147502

    Dafuq when did they ever do that? xD Ghostface got fixed in 1 week after PTB launch, Demogorgon got even a ultra rare as basekit... Oni got QoL changes that are all healthy and nice. Since I am oni main I hear alot of complains about how busted he is but still they didnt do anything to him yet.

    Lol most killers get nerfed after release, I've played since leatherface

  • @ZoneDymo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1147502#Comment_1147502

    Breaking the chain no longer injures the survivor, only applies deep wound.

    Sounds pretty crap

  • Doubt this is true considering the implications of "deep wounds"

  • Well what can I say? No changes to him.

  • @Eye66 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1147708#Comment_1147708

    Lol most killers get nerfed after release, I've played since leatherface

    Good thing that never happened, playing since beta... xD Only a handfull Killers got nerfed after release, I told you there some examples where it didnt and I could keep going with spirit, clown or new freddy (Only forever freddy but that build was just beyond painfull).