DLCs that aren't worth buy

LeatherFace: Have only one good perk in my opinion, BBC and Chili, also he have no pink add-ons as hillbily and his power is too weak.

Demise of the faithful: Plague is a lot weak, her power is almost the same of myers but a bit worst, also Her and Jane's perks are a bit weak.

The Saw: One of the weaker killers of the game, Tapp's perks aren't that good.

Curtain Call: Clown, ah the clown, he is the weakest killer of this game, his power is useless, you just trow some fart on survivors, his perks are #########, the only thing good on this Chapter is Kate's perks that are a bit good.

Comments

  • The only good thing about Curtain Call is Kate and that's a lot!

    Jokes aside, pgtw and bamboozle are worth.

  • Plague perks are all good perks, 2 of them are top tier perks, and Jane has Head on which id fun perk

    Clown chapter is one of best for me because i love both Clown and Kate aka best survivor, and also this killer has really two good perks Pop and Bambozle

    Also Leatherface and Pig are fun killers.


    For your question, Its Freddy Chapter, Boring killer, Survivor with no skins, Both dont have good perks (maybe Blood Warden but you can just buy it)

  • Pig might not be viewed as strong but she's a lot of fun!

    Usually most DLCs have a reason for buying them, including fun/strong perks even if the killer isn't that good. Plague is weak but has corrupt intervention and infectious fright.

    I would say Darkness Among Us isn't worth it, but I've seen lots of people thoroughly enjoy playing as The Legion despite his weaknesses

    Personally, the only DLC I don't consider worth buying is Cursed Legacy; The Oni feels kinda clunky for me and all the perks aren't that strong...

  • Honestly none of the survivors are worth getting. Items and add-ons are all the same and aren't unique to the individual person. Yeah they got perks but if you're patient, you can get them all from the blood store and not spend a dime.


    Killers are arguably the ones you want to buy because they house different unique powers and play styles.

  • BBQ and Chili makes Leatherface VERY worth it.

    Plague has good perks like Corrupt Intervention and Infectious Fright. Jane has Head On.

    Pig is a lot of fun to play, and has Surveillance and make your choice. Hang Man's Trick is also getting a buff.

    Clown is free on console thankfully, but I'd say PGTW and Bamboozle are very good perks.

  • I only buy DLC to meme on killers.

    I bough spirit because I thought she was cute, clown for that stupid elephant costume and memes, and Myers and GhostFace are obviously for my lady boner. I'd say money well spent.

  • @USELESS said:

    LeatherFace: Have only one good perk in my opinion, BBC and Chili, also he have no pink add-ons as hillbily and his power is too weak.

    Demise of the faithful: Plague is a lot weak, her power is almost the same of myers but a bit worst, also Her and Jane's perks are a bit weak.

    The Saw: One of the weaker killers of the game, Tapp's perks aren't that good.

    Curtain Call: Clown, ah the clown, he is the weakest killer of this game, his power is useless, you just trow some fart on survivors, his perks are #########, the only thing good on this Chapter is Kate's perks that are a bit good.

    Leatherface is a really cool killer somehow and he has not one but TWO good perks actually ;)

    Demise of the faithful: Ahm wooot? Plague has probably the best perks overal. Corrupt and Infectious are amazing killer perks, bot S tier. Jane has head on, one of the most fun perks for survivors. In my opinion one of the best DLCs so far.

    Saw: Pig is such a fun and underrated killer, her perks Surveillance and Make your choice are very solid and fun to use. Tap has not the best but interesting and unique perks.

  • Here's my take on the paid content


    ONLY Worth for the killer: Ghostface, Nightmare on Elm Street, Cursed Legacy (debatable)

    Worth for Killer + Perks: Shattered Bloodline, Flesh and Mud

    Worth for Killer + Killer Perks: Spark of Madness

    Worth for Killer Perks: Demise of the Faithful, Saw Chapter, Curtain Call, Leatherface

    Worth for Killer + Survivor Perks: Stranger Things

    Worth for Perks: Darkness Among Us

    If you like Ash Williams: Evil Dead

    The Real Deal, Instabuy: Halloween, Chains of Hate (probably)

  • @xEa said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/135351/dlcs-that-arent-worth-buy

    Leatherface is a really cool killer somehow and he has not one but TWO good perks actually ;)

    Demise of the faithful: Ahm wooot? Plague has probably the best perks overal. Corrupt and Infectious are amazing killer perks, bot S tier. Jane has head on, one of the most fun perks for survivors. In my opinion one of the best DLCs so far.

    Saw: Pig is such a fun and underrated killer, her perks Surveillance and Make your choice are very solid and fun to use. Tap has not the best but interesting and unique perks.

    I'm a firm believer that ALL of Bubba's perks are great. Plague's perks are also only arguably second to Bubbas and Myers.

  • @Awkward_Fiend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1143112#Comment_1143112

    I'm a firm believer that ALL of Bubba's perks are great. Plague's perks are also only arguably second to Bubbas and Myers.

    I second this! Bubba's perks can very easily find their way into certain builds. The same goes for Plague and in some cases Myers'

  • @tactic said:

    Pig might not be viewed as strong but she's a lot of fun!

    Usually most DLCs have a reason for buying them, including fun/strong perks even if the killer isn't that good. Plague is weak but has corrupt intervention and infectious fright.

    I would say Darkness Among Us isn't worth it, but I've seen lots of people thoroughly enjoy playing as The Legion despite his weaknesses

    Personally, the only DLC I don't consider worth buying is Cursed Legacy; The Oni feels kinda clunky for me and all the perks aren't that strong...

    Oni's Nemesis is NASTY on some killers. Pairing it up with PWYF on Bubba for example is an easy example of this.

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1143062#Comment_1143062

    Oni's Nemesis is NASTY on some killers. Pairing it up with PWYF on Bubba for example is an easy example of this.

    Cursed Legacy is one of my favorite chapters, but it's not one I can easily recommend to people who don't want to play Oni. And perk synergies are a thing with many killer perks (bloodwarden + NoED, Spirit Fury + Enduring, Infectious + Moniter), but I didn't take those into account with the list due to how many different killers there are, and how several killers won't benefit from most combos. (Nurse with PWYF + Nemesis for example)

    Edit: That's also why 'debatable' is on the list, the majority of the perks is only good with combos. (lithe + dance + Lucky, Nemesis + Dead Man/PWYF, Blood Echo + Plague/Legion)

  • Infectious Fright, Corrupt Intervention, and Pop Goes the Weasel are some of the best perks in the game.

  • @Yung_Slug said:

    Infectious Fright, Corrupt Intervention, and Pop Goes the Weasel are some of the best perks in the game.

    You could add BBQ to that list.

  • @USELESS said:

    LeatherFace: Have only one good perk in my opinion, BBC and Chili, also he have no pink add-ons as hillbily and his power is too weak.

    Demise of the faithful: Plague is a lot weak, her power is almost the same of myers but a bit worst, also Her and Jane's perks are a bit weak.

    The Saw: One of the weaker killers of the game, Tapp's perks aren't that good.

    Curtain Call: Clown, ah the clown, he is the weakest killer of this game, his power is useless, you just trow some fart on survivors, his perks are #########, the only thing good on this Chapter is Kate's perks that are a bit good.

    One should check the killer, if one does play killer and the bug section of the forum, when you see lots of posts about same bugs, chances are ######### is ######### up and not worth to buy. For perks you can find them in the shrine and do not have to waste money on a broken product.

  • While it's not going to be as good as it was on the PTB, Hangman's Trick has joined Surveillance in having been one of the worst perks in the game to, while not the best, right up there. Toss on Make Your Choice and you've got a killer with three decent and usable perks. There aren't many killers or survivors in this game that can claim all three of their perks are very useful.

    Pig herself is significantly more powerful than people give her credit for. Is she top tier? No. But she's a helluva lot better than you're portraying her.

    As for Tapp, he's got one borderline busted perk in terms of information gathering and two perks that have the potential to be useful, albeit one more so than the other.

    All and all, the Saw DLC is actually one of the best licensed DLCs Dead by Daylight actually has.

  • @Awkward_Fiend said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1143234#Comment_1143234

    Cursed Legacy is one of my favorite chapters, but it's not one I can easily recommend to people who don't want to play Oni. And perk synergies are a thing with many killer perks (bloodwarden + NoED, Spirit Fury + Enduring, Infectious + Moniter), but I didn't take those into account with the list due to how many different killers there are, and how several killers won't benefit from most combos. (Nurse with PWYF + Nemesis for example)

    Edit: That's also why 'debatable' is on the list, the majority of the perks is only good with combos. (lithe + dance + Lucky, Nemesis + Dead Man/PWYF, Blood Echo + Plague/Legion)

    Im someone who likes alot of variety when I play, so the fact that the same build wont work for every killer is fine. I'll come up with different builds for each one I play. As far as judging a killer based off how well I can use their power... I know sometimes I'm just not that good. I've seen some great plays with peoplle who can REALLY make good use out of Pig's ambush attack for example and know exactly when its appropriate to do it at various loops, while I can NEVER make it work. In my hands, Pig is a D rank character with abit of built in slowdown, but I know she can do more when played by someone who can use her kit fully.

    For that sense, I hate telling people "Don't play this killer, they suck". When I first started, I gravitated to the worst killer in the game at the time and mained OG Freddy. Tried playing stronger killers, but didnt do nearly as well with them as I did with Fredward and his 7 second sleep delay, lol. For that reason... kinda wish people could try em all and buy the ones they click with. We might get a little more variety that way since people will have a more informed decision on their purchases instead of sticking with the safe bet of what everyone else told them was good and get 8000 people maining Spirit.

  • Never thought I'd see someone say that hillbilly's power is too weak because he has no ultra rare add-ons.

    (Nevermind I just read OP's post wrong, sorry for the misunderstanding)

  • Chapters are worth buying if you enjoy playing the killer/survivor.

    For me personally the only chapter that wasn't worth buying was stranger things, because due to how poorly it's optimised, demo gameplay is just a slideshow, seeing random frames here and there

  • There is actually 0 reason to buy the evil dead dlc unless you like the survivor. He has 3 of the worst perks in the game.