Nerfing Ruin was a real big mistake

Even as solo surv and as killer, matches are pretty damn fast now. People rushing, killers tunneling and camping for a kill, all using NOED or Moris, slugging so hard, and now without old ruin you can't even play a average killer for fun 'cause people gen rush and tbags at gates like if pressing M1 would makes them good survivors LOL. I'm starting to believe that devs are survivor biased and they don't care a ######### about balancing or fixing maps neither buffing the weaker killers in the game (Pig, Clown and Leather really needs it). It seems they just want people "having so much fun weee" and as killer "dealing with it" or being bad for "not putting enought pressure on gens" (althought you're already doing it but map it's bad or there's people with toolboxes or you're playing a killer like Clown or Pig) or "playing CIV if we played too much killer"... I really like this game, It is actually fun. But decisions made about it, don't. I just wanna have fun without sweating my ass off as killer or playing a fun survivor one without ending it in 2 min.

Comments

  • For now, just try to play at a lower rank. I believe they are working on something.

  • Either derank or run a slug build to have fun.

  • @Pulsar said:

    For now, just try to play at a lower rank. I believe they are working on something.

    In another cosmetic maybe ๐Ÿ˜‚ Yep, I'm waiting for the 13th for that reason. Tired of SWF's sitting on gens boring af

  • @Zaitsev said:

    Either derank or run a slug build to have fun.

    Slugging it's boring for both sides, I'll wait until rank reset. It's a ######### that there are the only solutions to this jeez

  • @GetDedicated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138708#Comment_1138708

    In another cosmetic maybe ๐Ÿ˜‚ Yep, I'm waiting for the 13th for that reason. Tired of SWF's sitting on gens boring af

    Killer players are leaving, and surv players are too, because gameplay is getting stagnant and boring.

  • Veteran players have known this for a long time now.

  • It wasn't necessarily the nerf to ruin, it's that the devs gave killers a big f-you with a side of f-yourself in compensation.

    In other words, if they had nerfed ruin but constricted the maps, that would have been acceptable, at least then this mythic "generator pressure" would be attainable by more than the nurse and hillbilly. Besides all they did was swap one "crutch perk" in old Ruin for another "crutch perk" in corrupt intervention.

    This is why you see NOED being used so much more often, a lot of killers were used to running three perks anyway since Ruin would usually only last a minute (and even at that point, it had done its job) so now killers just expect survivors to gen rush and ignore totems since Ruin seemed to be the only thing that would compel survivors to look for totems outside of maybe farming BP's. So now survivors rush gens, killers adapt with endgame builds, and we end up with the forums chock full of people crying about NOED.

    It's even more hilarious when you consider that survivors are still rocking no less than 4 second chance perks. Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time, Unbreakable, and Adrenaline

  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    Veteran players have known this for a long time now.

    And seems they don't play the game anymore. Survivors queues are longer now

  • @GetDedicated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138708#Comment_1138708

    In another cosmetic maybe ๐Ÿ˜‚ Yep, I'm waiting for the 13th for that reason. Tired of SWF's sitting on gens boring af

    Nah, they do care. Ruin nerf needed to happen, it just happened at a very bad time. It sucks, I know, but it can only make you an even better player.

  • @GetDedicated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138722#Comment_1138722

    And seems they don't play the game anymore. Survivors queues are longer now

    The devs play the game, they're just incompetent when it comes to balance.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138712#Comment_1138712

    Killer players are leaving, and surv players are too, because gameplay is getting stagnant and boring.

    Exactly, it's becoming boring in fact. Devs made it clear that they don't have any intention to do another game mode which it's sad

  • @GetDedicated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138720#Comment_1138720

    Exactly, it's becoming boring in fact. Devs made it clear that they don't have any intention to do another game mode which it's sad

    Even a limited event, like bringing double killers would honestly be amazing.

  • @Kwikwitted said:

    It wasn't necessarily the nerf to ruin, it's that the devs gave killers a big f-you with a side of f-yourself in compensation.

    In other words, if they had nerfed ruin but constricted the maps, that would have been acceptable, at least then this mythic "generator pressure" would be attainable by more than the nurse and hillbilly. Besides all they did was swap one "crutch perk" in old Ruin for another "crutch perk" in corrupt intervention.

    This is why you see NOED being used so much more often, a lot of killers were used to running three perks anyway since Ruin would usually only last a minute (and even at that point, it had done its job) so now killers just expect survivors to gen rush and ignore totems since Ruin seemed to be the only thing that would compel survivors to look for totems outside of maybe farming BP's. So now survivors rush gens, killers adapt with endgame builds, and we end up with the forums chock full of people crying about NOED.

    It's even more hilarious when you consider that survivors are still rocking no less than 4 second chance perks. Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time, Unbreakable, and Adrenaline

    I know, It's a #########, DBD it's becoming a shitshow now. It's boring for both sides the game now. I play now like once every day or two days.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138734#Comment_1138734

    Even a limited event, like bringing double killers would honestly be amazing.

    Or giving survivors another objective besides doing gens. That would be cool too


  • @Mister_Holdout said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138728#Comment_1138728

    The devs play the game, they're just incompetent when it comes to balance.

    They are. I mean nerfing ruin only because "new players have issues hitting great skill checks" and " cause killers are using this perk a lot" it's the dumbest thing I've ever heard in this game

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138712#Comment_1138712

    Nah, they do care. Ruin nerf needed to happen, it just happened at a very bad time. It sucks, I know, but it can only make you an even better player.

    I wasn't necessary. I guess I'm just gonna play Spirit and Billy all day

  • @Kwikwitted said:

    It wasn't necessarily the nerf to ruin, it's that the devs gave killers a big f-you with a side of f-yourself in compensation.

    In other words, if they had nerfed ruin but constricted the maps, that would have been acceptable, at least then this mythic "generator pressure" would be attainable by more than the nurse and hillbilly. Besides all they did was swap one "crutch perk" in old Ruin for another "crutch perk" in corrupt intervention.

    This is why you see NOED being used so much more often, a lot of killers were used to running three perks anyway since Ruin would usually only last a minute (and even at that point, it had done its job) so now killers just expect survivors to gen rush and ignore totems since Ruin seemed to be the only thing that would compel survivors to look for totems outside of maybe farming BP's. So now survivors rush gens, killers adapt with endgame builds, and we end up with the forums chock full of people crying about NOED.

    It's even more hilarious when you consider that survivors are still rocking no less than 4 second chance perks. Decisive Strike, Borrowed Time, Unbreakable, and Adrenaline

    Even with Oni or Billy or other strong kier's, you have to slug at high ranks. It's not possible to win against a good team otherwise.


    Whoever designs maps for this game is just so fantastically bad at what they do. That's the real problem with this game; terrible, terrible map design. It's not balanced in over 90% of cases, with the majority of those cases favoring survivor.


    But I doubt they'll fix maps. Devs/community managers never engage in real, substantive discussion at length on the forums when its pointed out that the map design is so bad. Maybe they're not allowed. Fine. But it doesn't change the fact that the map design from a balance perspective is the real reason this game is so terribly imbalanced.


    And we know that so far they're mostly interested in band-aid fixes. That's what the BL nerf was, after all. They decided to rework Lery's, for no good reason, instead of reworking the broken disaster that maps like Haddonfield, Rotten Fields, Thompson House, Cowshed, etc, are.

  • @Mtom912 said:

    People are doing gens at solo survivor? Bro where are they for me, every rank 1 random I get uses more pallets than they get objective points

    Dude I escaped like almost all of my matches as solo surv. With my SWF we escaped all almost every match. It's not challeging playing survivor unless you go against a really good killer. As killer it is, and frustating

  • @InTheBushes321 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138723#Comment_1138723

    Even with Oni or Billy or other strong kier's, you have to slug at high ranks. It's not possible to win against a good team otherwise.

    Whoever designs maps for this game is just so fantastically bad at what they do. That's the real problem with this game; terrible, terrible map design. It's not balanced in over 90% of cases, with the majority of those cases favoring survivor.

    But I doubt they'll fix maps. Devs/community managers never engage in real, substantive discussion at length on the forums when its pointed out that the map design is so bad. Maybe they're not allowed. Fine. But it doesn't change the fact that the map design from a balance perspective is the real reason this game is so terribly imbalanced.

    And we know that so far they're mostly interested in band-aid fixes. That's what the BL nerf was, after all. They decided to rework Lery's, for no good reason, instead of reworking the broken disaster that maps like Haddonfield, Rotten Fields, Thompson House, Cowshed, etc, are.

    And add the ded servers launch that it was a total disaster. Phantom hits, Huntress hitboxes now are broken, and saying it's a "latency issue" instead admiting they screwed it with ded servers and saying "Dedicated servers are fine" Jeez

  • @GetDedicated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138730#Comment_1138730

    I wasn't necessary. I guess I'm just gonna play Spirit and Billy all day

    It really was. That is your choice.

  • Not a mistake, just applied in the wrong moment.

  • I mean I've been playing pig for the past week at rank 1 and I've been doing fine. just gotta play different, a lot sweatier!

  • It wasn't at all. I will, it won't be fun for survivors PepeHands

    @Todgeweiht said:

    Not a mistake, just applied in the wrong moment.

    It is, maps are not well designed, gen rush still exist, there are only 4 viable killers... The only thing to make some time was ruin.

    @underlord99 said:

    I mean I've been playing pig for the past week at rank 1 and I've been doing fine. just gotta play different, a lot sweatier!

    Playing sweaty isn't fun at all dude. That's not a good solution.

  • @GetDedicated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138771#Comment_1138771

    It wasn't at all. I will, it won't be fun for survivors PepeHands

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138774#Comment_1138774

    It is, maps are not well designed, gen rush still exist, there are only 4 viable killers... The only thing to make some time was ruin.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138776#Comment_1138776

    Playing sweaty isn't fun at all dude. That's not a good solution.

    Im sorry to tell you this, but you need to apply pressure, if you are too lazy to do so, try bringing perks that help you with it, CI and Pop help a ton with gen regression if you use them correctly, ruin wasnt and still isnt the only way to apply pressure.

  • @Zaitsev said:

    Either derank or run a slug build to have fun.

    Rank 16 Killers get Red Rank SWF's. I don't think deranking will help. lol...

  • @GetDedicated said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138771#Comment_1138771

    It wasn't at all. I will, it won't be fun for survivors PepeHands

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138774#Comment_1138774

    It is, maps are not well designed, gen rush still exist, there are only 4 viable killers... The only thing to make some time was ruin.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138776#Comment_1138776

    Playing sweaty isn't fun at all dude. That's not a good solution.

    It was actually. Ruin destroyed Survivors who couldn't hit greats but did nothing to good Survivors. It only helped you win harder, so to speak.

    Games are fast right now, it IS a problem. But it is allowing the Devs to slow the game down as they see fit. While Ruin was still a thing, they really couldn't. Now that it is out of the way, what excuse can people opposed give? NOED?

    I really do not care who you play. I play Legion at Rank 1 and do just fine. I even 4K'd 25 games in a row with him. I play Spirit on the side as well, but that is neither here nor there.

  • Ruin needed a nerf, NOT a change.

    A MUCH BETTER change would have been to stop treating the regression penalty as a silent failed skillcheck (like Autodidact before you get stacks, the bar goes down but you keep working), and restore great skillchecks to normal. This would make it COMPLETELY overcomable, reduce the penalty, and stop it from being nearly as impactful to multiple survivors on one gen.

  • @InTheBushes321 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1138723#Comment_1138723

    Even with Oni or Billy or other strong kier's, you have to slug at high ranks. It's not possible to win against a good team otherwise.

    Whoever designs maps for this game is just so fantastically bad at what they do. That's the real problem with this game; terrible, terrible map design. It's not balanced in over 90% of cases, with the majority of those cases favoring survivor.

    But I doubt they'll fix maps. Devs/community managers never engage in real, substantive discussion at length on the forums when its pointed out that the map design is so bad. Maybe they're not allowed. Fine. But it doesn't change the fact that the map design from a balance perspective is the real reason this game is so terribly imbalanced.

    And we know that so far they're mostly interested in band-aid fixes. That's what the BL nerf was, after all. They decided to rework Lery's, for no good reason, instead of reworking the broken disaster that maps like Haddonfield, Rotten Fields, Thompson House, Cowshed, etc, are.

    Exactly. You just have to look at their rework of the Badham preschool to see just how bad the map design is.

    They took one absolutely awful map, and changed it into 5 awful maps. The fact that they call that a rework is baffling.