Yes and no. Rank 13s should never be going against a team of full Rank 1s. Seeing as how the devs broke the ranking system, it's on them to make ranks more accurately reflect ability, not for the Killers to deal with it. There is no ELO system in this game, only rank numbers. As long as that's true, they have to balance matchmaking keeping that in mind.
I was rank 13 earlier after reset and was going against full red rank 1s. I am a red rank 1 killer though a lot of the time.
Most people who are rank 13 should not I agree, but my point is that the inherent system is flawed too, so even if they did fix that one issue, it would still be broken just a little less so.
The entire rank system needs to be re-examined and re-worked...bc honestly it's kinda ruining the game for me.
I used to not care bc I was having fun. But after one post-game argument I had with a Survivor who insulted me for being Rank 14 Killer (even though I'm a actually a Survivor main lol), I decided to make an effort to rank up last season...
And I did! At the end of the Season, I was Rank 8 Survivor and Rank 12 Killer! I was so proud of myself! But I shouldn't have been, bc it was a huge waste of time!
"Rank Update Error". Set me back TWO colors... From 8 to 14 on Survivor and 12 to 16 in Killer. I was so mad. So I hop on the website.... "We are aware of the problem". Well great... That's a comfort.
So then I try to tell myself "Idc about rank. I'm just gonna play for fun."
But with the lengthy match-making times, laggy servers, unbalanced matches, getting tunneled/camped by every other Killer, getting trolled/looped/teabagged by every other Survivor, and then de-pipping repeatedly due to all these other factors beyond your control to the point that you de-rank... It's kinda hard to even have fun anymore. Thinking of taking a break, too.
They literally mentioned in the previous dev update that they would be stealthily testing the new rating system in the coming weeks, and during that time you could experience some weird matches - I´ve for sure noticed it more recently than ever. This is fine as long as it leads to better matchmaking in the upcoming patch when the system is correctly implemented.
I have my hopes up - but I would like for the rating to be seen, so that I have some sort of indication on how I´m doing.
That’s cool I didn’t know the devs were doing that. So that makes sense on why I am getting Rank 1 swfs because I play like a rank 1 killer but my rank got reset further than it should have so I got sent back to 10 rather than to 5
Second, one 4k humble brag? Oh no hon, I've got other tales for that situation, but I'm not bragging. I'm explaining how rank isnt anything other than a matchmaking tool, and "high ranks" losing like "low ranks" shows that. Rank doesnt matter.
Third, people STILL say sorry for matchmaking. Hell I say it. But that's matchmaking not working correctly. Rank is seperate, it is what matchmaking USES. rank doesnt matter, and with matchmaking broken, we can see that clearly.
Fourth, rank has NEVER mattered. Its ALWAYS been a matchmaking tool. It had an optimal goal as to how well it could/should work, and hasnt, but it doesnt change that rank simply doesn't matter.
Lastly, I dont have to tell myself anything. I play both sides, and get all kinds of ranks. And seeing it in action, other than pure rank 20s and rank 1s, they're all over the god damn place in term of actual skill.
So, I'm sorry you feel so sour about it, and arent having fun, but rank isnt actually a rank. It's a pseudo mmr and leads people to think otherwise, causing issues in a game where it wont ever be perfectly balanced.
Hope your day gets better. <3
I was going to comment something similar,but not as elegantly,lol. Well said. I agree completely. I do feel bad that people are going to be unsportsmanlike,win,and then dump on a killer with a way lower rank. Especially if they are using low level perks and all. It's happened to me before and I'm always like...it's not like you did anything special. Not everyone is out to be rude though.
Matchmaking is the biggest problem in the game in my opinion. The fact that this happens so regularly and for such a long time over and over again is shocking. This is just going to force even more KIllers from the game if they're constantly being matched with people way above their level.
Imagine if the game were to actually match you with people on the same skill level which is supposedly what the new system will do but the fact they want to hide ranks and possibly not show MMR either just makes me think the devs want to get rid of que times more and then hide any reason someone would have to complain.
Ya they are doing a great job of killing their player base. Maybe the goal is to have all the killers completely stop playing so that there’s only survivors waiting to find matches. If that’s what the goal is then yes they’ve been killin it. Devs have caved in on so many changes that barely anyone wants to play killer anymore. Survivors are so toxic and poor sports that people get tired of it and play something better. Their current rank system is what they were forced to do because not enough killers can reach or care to reach red ranks. But all it’s doing is forcing newer killers to not want to play because they rarely get a fair match.
True, it’s just a game. But people like to play fairy if possible against people of similar skill levels.
Would you want to join a rec basketball league at the Y and find out that 1 of the teams was comprised of former NBA players? Would you wanna join a local chess tournament and find out there were grandmasters flying in to play?
To ur question yes and no! Yes bc itll help me approve my skill in the game and there is always room 4 Improvement no matter how good you are and for no because I kind of agree with you to some point it would take the fun out of the game so I guess you could say it is what it is again I still say it is a game and I'm not going to act like I don't get mad and rage a little bit but again what can we do just move on and play the next game
I was rank 13 earlier after reset and was going against full red rank 1s. I am a red rank 1 killer though a lot of the time.
Most people who are rank 13 should not I agree, but my point is that the inherent system is flawed too, so even if they did fix that one issue, it would still be broken just a little less so.
I 100% agree that the rank system is broken right now. Again, this is on the devs to fix all of this, it's not really the players fault for just playing a broken game.
Tldr: This is an archived version of the DBD forum, it has all posts, comments and media. The archived data will be published at the end of October. This site is not in any way affiliated with or endorsed by Behaviour Interactive.
Comments
I was rank 13 earlier after reset and was going against full red rank 1s. I am a red rank 1 killer though a lot of the time.
Most people who are rank 13 should not I agree, but my point is that the inherent system is flawed too, so even if they did fix that one issue, it would still be broken just a little less so.
The entire rank system needs to be re-examined and re-worked...bc honestly it's kinda ruining the game for me.
I used to not care bc I was having fun. But after one post-game argument I had with a Survivor who insulted me for being Rank 14 Killer (even though I'm a actually a Survivor main lol), I decided to make an effort to rank up last season...
And I did! At the end of the Season, I was Rank 8 Survivor and Rank 12 Killer! I was so proud of myself! But I shouldn't have been, bc it was a huge waste of time!
"Rank Update Error". Set me back TWO colors... From 8 to 14 on Survivor and 12 to 16 in Killer. I was so mad. So I hop on the website.... "We are aware of the problem". Well great... That's a comfort.
So then I try to tell myself "Idc about rank. I'm just gonna play for fun."
But with the lengthy match-making times, laggy servers, unbalanced matches, getting tunneled/camped by every other Killer, getting trolled/looped/teabagged by every other Survivor, and then de-pipping repeatedly due to all these other factors beyond your control to the point that you de-rank... It's kinda hard to even have fun anymore. Thinking of taking a break, too.
That’s cool I didn’t know the devs were doing that. So that makes sense on why I am getting Rank 1 swfs because I play like a rank 1 killer but my rank got reset further than it should have so I got sent back to 10 rather than to 5
Whats that? Nerf Legion? We gotchu fam
I was going to comment something similar,but not as elegantly,lol. Well said. I agree completely. I do feel bad that people are going to be unsportsmanlike,win,and then dump on a killer with a way lower rank. Especially if they are using low level perks and all. It's happened to me before and I'm always like...it's not like you did anything special. Not everyone is out to be rude though.
Ranks mean nothing. I'm a rank 10 who gets put against rank 1 killers, still escape. Just depends on the game, most red ranks are boosted.
I dont know what you are talking about? O.o
Matchmaking is the biggest problem in the game in my opinion. The fact that this happens so regularly and for such a long time over and over again is shocking. This is just going to force even more KIllers from the game if they're constantly being matched with people way above their level.
Imagine if the game were to actually match you with people on the same skill level which is supposedly what the new system will do but the fact they want to hide ranks and possibly not show MMR either just makes me think the devs want to get rid of que times more and then hide any reason someone would have to complain.
Ya they are doing a great job of killing their player base. Maybe the goal is to have all the killers completely stop playing so that there’s only survivors waiting to find matches. If that’s what the goal is then yes they’ve been killin it. Devs have caved in on so many changes that barely anyone wants to play killer anymore. Survivors are so toxic and poor sports that people get tired of it and play something better. Their current rank system is what they were forced to do because not enough killers can reach or care to reach red ranks. But all it’s doing is forcing newer killers to not want to play because they rarely get a fair match.
To ur question yes and no! Yes bc itll help me approve my skill in the game and there is always room 4 Improvement no matter how good you are and for no because I kind of agree with you to some point it would take the fun out of the game so I guess you could say it is what it is again I still say it is a game and I'm not going to act like I don't get mad and rage a little bit but again what can we do just move on and play the next game
I 100% agree that the rank system is broken right now. Again, this is on the devs to fix all of this, it's not really the players fault for just playing a broken game.