Xbox Players: Has anyone experienced "High Ping" which led to our DEADicated Servers being disabled?

On Friday I was surprised (and disappointed) to see the in-game newsletter about Dedicated Servers being disabled for Xbox, due to some users "experiencing high ping." Were any of you having problems once DS was implemented? If so, have the problems sub-sided now that it is disabled?

For me, everything was fine (other than 3 feet away window hits still being a thing). Some matches did have a lag spike here and there, but nothing too crazy or the same as a yellow-to-red P2P host.

Comments

  • Is Dbd still on Xbox? I never see anyone mention it.

  • Dedicated servers seemed inconsistent, some days it was great others it was complete garbage, rather they stay away until the devs fix them, which'll probably take them another 9 months

  • @K1LLR0CKNR0LL said:

    Is Dbd still on Xbox? I never see anyone mention it.

    Yup. It's alive and kicking. Sanctuary for all us former F13 players seeking refuge from the cesspool of kids over there.

    @LoverOfDemogorgon said:

    Dedicated servers seemed inconsistent, some days it was great others it was complete garbage, rather they stay away until the devs fix them, which'll probably take them another 9 months

    Oof. Hope not. My experience was decent for what little time we had to experience it.

  • It has probably to do with players getting connected to the "wrong" server location.

    Not enough people playing on the server of a certain area -> too long queue times -> players get connected to a server in a far-away region to create shorter queue times (which isn't necessarily a good idea because it will lead to high ping).

    I read how some people described that they sometimes got a decent ping and around 200 at other times.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1118046#Comment_1118046

    Yup. It's alive and kicking. Sanctuary for all us former F13 players seeking refuge from the cesspool of kids over there.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1118054#Comment_1118054

    Oof. Hope not. My experience was decent for what little time we had to experience it.

    Ah yes F13. Riddled with 10 year olds and man children.

  • YES. And don't forget my personal favorite- Self entitled Princesses and their White Knights who give them any pocket knife they find, and sacrifice themselves to Jason so she can live. And if all else fails, she rage quits. Good times.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1118094#Comment_1118094

    YES. And don't forget my personal favorite- Self entitled Princesses and their White Knights who give them any pocket knife they find, and sacrifice themselves to Jason so she can live. And if all else fails, she rage quits. Good times.

    All about the booty man XD

  • Unfortunately I didn't play much while DS were active (I was busy being addicted to OW and SoD2), but I had a good, not great, but good experience with DS.

  • @KerJuice said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1118094#Comment_1118094

    YES. And don't forget my personal favorite- Self entitled Princesses and their White Knights who give them any pocket knife they find, and sacrifice themselves to Jason so she can live. And if all else fails, she rage quits. Good times.

    Then you had people like me who ran over those princesses and white knights

  • Yes I’m the one who campaigned all over the forum to get it gone. Myself and other Australian brothers were killed with its release. And then I started a couple campaigns and spammed peanut. Queen responded though and confirmed it was a bug.

  • The few days with dedicated servers were unplayable for me as killer and survivor.

  • I’m happy for that it got deleted bc penalties are now gone

  • @DYNAMICskills7 said:

    Yes I’m the one who campaigned all over the forum to get it gone. Myself and other Australian brothers were killed with its release. And then I started a couple campaigns and spammed peanut. Queen responded though and confirmed it was a bug.

    A bug? I thought there weren't any servers in Australia?

  • Yes, the Servers were awful. I am legit glad they are gone.

    I rejoice for my green ping games

  • On xbox i played about 50 games with dedicated servers and about 46 of those games stayed at 197ms ,at that point the games are pretty bad as you could of guessed. the other 4 games i had 64ms which was bliss but honestly they needed to go, i stopped playing due to those insane ping games/servers. like i dont pay the price i do for my wifi just to have ######### connection games anyway lol

  • Not me but a bunch of my friends had issues with the servers.

    What's funny is the DC penalty did NOTHING to stop people from DC'ing. Every other game the killer DC'd no joke. And it wasn't like "oh maybe the server booted them" it was a clear and obvious rage quit when they couldn't catch someone or a few gens pop quickly or their totem goes down or they get DS'd with the exit gates open. Killers are such sore losers.

  • @thesuicidefox said:

    Not me but a bunch of my friends had issues with the servers.

    What's funny is the DC penalty did NOTHING to stop people from DC'ing. Every other game the killer DC'd no joke. And it wasn't like "oh maybe the server booted them" it was a clear and obvious rage quit when they couldn't catch someone or a few gens pop quickly or their totem goes down or they get DS'd with the exit gates open. Killers are such sore losers.

    everyone still quit, theyre lucky the bans/servers was removed. that was a feature i really liked, was nothing more satisfying than seeing the same person quit multiple times and then seeing them waiting on youtube for the ban to go haha

  • @Awakey said:

    Unfortunately I didn't play much while DS were active (I was busy being addicted to OW and SoD2), but I had a good, not great, but good experience with DS.

    THAT'S CRAZY- DBD, OW, & SOD2 (in order) ARE MY BIG 3 GAMES IN ROTATION RIGHT NOW!

    @GhostofYharnam said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1118106#Comment_1118106

    Then you had people like me who ran over those princesses and white knights

    🤣

    @Yamaoka said:

    The few days with dedicated servers were unplayable for me as killer and survivor.

    Damn sorry to hear.

    @DYNAMICskills7 said:

    Yes I’m the one who campaigned all over the forum to get it gone. Myself and other Australian brothers were killed with its release. And then I started a couple campaigns and spammed peanut. Queen responded though and confirmed it was a bug.

    Really?? Wow..

    @UwUMyersUwU said:

    On every other game I play (Apex legends, ping, destiny 2, Roblox, Minecraft, borderlands, etc) I experienced no lag and a ping constantly below 30. On dbd, I always experienced 300 no matter what with dedicated.

    @[Deleted User] said:

    I had some games where I was under 60 Ping and everything was good, then some games (majority) where I was close to 200 and while it was playable, there was teleporting survivors and actions required a bit more thought to perform since there was always a delay, couldn’t quickly charge a Plague vomit without it cancelling for example.

    @Stitch7833 said:

    On xbox i played about 50 games with dedicated servers and about 46 of those games stayed at 197ms ,at that point the games are pretty bad as you could of guessed. the other 4 games i had 64ms which was bliss but honestly they needed to go, i stopped playing due to those insane ping games/servers. like i dont pay the price i do for my wifi just to have ######### connection games anyway lol

    Hmmmm...interesting. I guess them pulling the servers were legit. Thanks for the feedback, guys.

  • @NoShinyPony said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1118134#Comment_1118134

    A bug? I thought there weren't any servers in Australia?

    well pc ps4 has local servers. Xbox should have too but it was glitched.

  • I hated dedicated servers, and am glad they got rid off it I was having major issue with the high ping.killer were automatically attacking me with one hit out of nowhere and get knock out

  • Dedicated servers were faultless in the vast majority of green ping Lobbys. A couple of latency hits but since they've been deactivated I've seen some of the worst P2P connections imaginable.

    Console optimization has taken a drastic backwards step on doc on certain maps. I feel sorry for anyone in a match playing as or against doc if they happen to lag, rubberband and freeze in place constantly. It might have been a bug but it happened to everyone in the match numourous times with docs