All New Perks, New Power, and Modified Perks

Hello! This is simply a post containing all of the new things added to the game in the 3.6.0 update.

new perk updates.png image.png toolbox update.png


Also interesting to note: The killer is placed next to Huntress in the killer menu. This means that it's likely that this is going to be a free dlc!

Comments

  • It wont be a free DLC. On new chapter PTBs, new characters always appear in the middle of the selection screen, but they are fixed for the live release.

  • Called it on range of aura for Hangman's being 16 meters. Very interested to see how it fares as a reversed Barbecue now.

  • Hangman’s Trick looks pretty underwhelming, while Saboteur on the other hand looks amazing.

    Edit: Assuming it is any hook on the map, then Hangman’s could be interesting.

  • New killer seems strong. 360 no scope incoming

  • @ModernFable said:

    Hangman’s Trick looks pretty underwhelming, while Saboteur on the other hand looks amazing.

    Hangman's Trick lets you see who is repairing close-ish to any hook, who is passing by any hooks, and who is prepping a greedy BT save. That to me looks like it has potential.

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1104464#Comment_1104464

    Hangman's Trick lets you see who is repairing close-ish to any hook, who is passing by any hooks, and who is prepping a greedy BT save. That to me looks like it has potential.

    @TAG

    Yeah, I addressed that in the edit.

  • Retribution + Haunted grounds = OH GOD OH ######### SOMEONE GET ME OUT OF THIS MESS

  • Hex: Retribution should just be a passive effect. Remove all requirements tied to the totems. Totems are useless.

  • @Exerlin said:

    Hello! This is simply a post containing all of the new things added to the game in the 3.6.0 update.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/141/81LDX9VXLK56.png

    Also interesting to note: The killer is placed next to Huntress in the killer menu. This means that it's likely that this is going to be a free dlc!

    I'm making a cowboy build now. YOU CAN'T STOP ME

  • Fair enough. I'm guessing the fact that it applies to EVERY hook on the map is not immediately apparent at first glance.

  • Deathslinger's UR seems good, no unneeded penalty on his power. Off The Record seems like a better Babysitter, Red Herring doesn't seem that useful but I like the fish icon, For The People is going to be scary with SWF. Gearhead seems good, maybe buff the numbers a bit, seems like a worse Discordance. Hex Retribution doesn't seem too good, maybe if you ran it with NOED? Dead Man's Switch seems really good with Discordance or Gearhead and new Ruin. The Redeemer seems so fun to use, and I love the Deathslinger's little chuckle when he hits someone. Deathslinger P3 50 here I come!

  • im a little worried about retribution since it discourages doing totems. people already complain about NOED enough as it is

  • Weird saboteur got a new icon

  • @humanbeing1704 said:

    Weird saboteur got a new icon

    Because you can't sabotage Bear Traps anymore.

  • I'm interested in using that survivor perk that's pretty much a insta heal lol

  • Ty so much for this

  • Don't think any of the perks on either side will be troubling the meta but a couple may be fun to mess around with (before going back to the meta).

  • Thank you for your service. Very appreciated :)

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1104476#Comment_1104476

    Fair enough. I'm guessing the fact that it applies to EVERY hook on the map is not immediately apparent at first glance.

    @TAG

    It is obvious and should be assumed, but I’m leaning toward the cautiously pessimistic side when looking at perks.

    Especially since Thrilling Tremors was revealed to halt regression, even though you’d never assume that.

    Meaning that it’s very likely for Dead Man’s Switch to do so as well.

    Retribution could be neat for meme Hex builds.

    Gearhead looks good, although it relies on the RNG of skill checks.

    And the survivor perks all seem good for the most part.

  • Off The Record, what's the point of it? I'm trying to think about the aura part, when would your aura be shown to The Killer after being unhooked? Besides the chance someone else is being hooked and BBQ goes off.

  • Oh boi. Yet another second chance perk for survivors

    I'm maining plague from now on and tunneling when I have to play killer. Otherwise I'ma just keep on with the EZ escapes as jake.

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1104482#Comment_1104482

    @TAG

    It is obvious and should be assumed, but I’m leaning toward the cautiously pessimistic side when looking at perks.

    Especially since Thrilling Tremors was revealed to halt regression, even though you’d never assume that.

    Meaning that it’s very likely for Dead Man’s Switch to do so as well.

    Retribution could be neat for meme Hex builds.

    Gearhead looks good, although it relies on the RNG of skill checks.

    And the survivor perks all seem good for the most part.

    I guess the question is "What is there to be pessimistic about for Hangman's Trick?" The only thing that could have really been a problem is the range being too short, but it's got the same range as Kindred 3 and it applies to all hooks and not just the one you are going to.

  • @Nicholas said:

    Off The Record, what's the point of it? I'm trying to think about the aura part, when would your aura be shown to The Killer after being unhooked? Besides the chance someone else is being hooked and BBQ goes off.

    Agreed. Would rather run Iron Will. The aura reading part is too situational.

  • @emptyCups said:

    Oh boi. Yet another second chance perk for survivors

    I'm maining plague from now on and tunneling when I have to play killer. Otherwise I'ma just keep on with the EZ escapes as jake.

    Which of the 3 bad Perks is a second-chance Perk in your opinion?

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1104506#Comment_1104506

    I guess the question is "What is there to be pessimistic about for Hangman's Trick?" The only thing that could have really been a problem is the range being too short, but it's got the same range as Kindred 3 and it applies to all hooks and not just the one you are going to.

    @TAG

    Nothing in particular, it’s mostly because I misread the perk and thought it was worse than it was.

    As I was scanning through the perks I saw it as “auras within 16m of the pickup spot”, just like Saboteur.

    Which I why I thought it was bad, unless you think that would still be good, then we just disagree.

  • @ModernFable said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1104514#Comment_1104514

    @TAG

    Nothing in particular, it’s mostly because I misread the perk and thought it was worse than it was.

    As I was scanning through the perks I saw it as “auras within 16m of the pickup spot”, just like Saboteur.

    Which I why I thought it was bad, unless you think that would still be good, then we just disagree.

    Haha, no. That would be awful. Thank god it's not that.

  • Perk activation and effects have become more surreal and nonsensical.

    Healing a survivor but you get injured?

    Leaving a locker to trigger an explosion on a gen?

    Makes no sense but whatever...

  • @Nicholas said:

    Off The Record, what's the point of it? I'm trying to think about the aura part, when would your aura be shown to The Killer after being unhooked? Besides the chance someone else is being hooked and BBQ goes off.

    @Nicholas

    They should add a scream immunity to it.

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1104510#Comment_1104510

    Which of the 3 bad Perks is a second-chance Perk in your opinion?

    I think he refers to "for the people", but more than a crutch perk it seems like a big balled altruism one, you risk a health state to help your teammates, if you are not careful with it, you will go down easily.

  • @Todgeweiht said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1104527#Comment_1104527

    I think he refers to "for the people", but more than a crutch perk it seems like a big balled altruism one, you risk a health state to help your teammates, if you are not careful with it, you will go down easily.

    Exactly. I dont see many uses for it.

  • Also, I completely forgot to post this little bit of information. He has a slightly lower speed and terror radius than normal killers.

    image.png


  • @Exerlin said:

    Also, I completely forgot to post this little bit of information. He has a slightly lower speed and terror radius than normal killers.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/986/C2KARP2OGB8Z.png

    Can you check the following perks for me?

    Slippery Meat

    Small Game

    Vigil

    Any Means Necessary

    Technician

    Cruel Limits

    I would do it myself but I play on Switch so I can't access the PTB. Thanks in advance.

  • @Cancan71 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1104601#Comment_1104601

    Can you check the following perks for me?

    Slippery Meat

    Small Game

    Vigil

    Any Means Necessary

    Technician

    Cruel Limits

    I would do it myself but I play on Switch so I can't access the PTB. Thanks in advance.

    I checked, and none of them have been changed in any way.

  • @Exerlin said:

    Also, I completely forgot to post this little bit of information. He has a slightly lower speed and terror radius than normal killers.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/986/C2KARP2OGB8Z.png

    I believe you mean 0 meter TR, when I use Insidious to play camping Sniper. :P

  • @TAG said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1104601#Comment_1104601

    I believe you mean 0 meter TR, when I use Insidious to play camping Sniper. :P

    There's an add-on that reduces your terror radius while aiming down sights, so you might not even need to run Insidious ;)

  • @Exerlin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1104626#Comment_1104626

    I checked, and none of them have been changed in any way.

    Shame, they're probably being changed in the next update then. Thanks though.

  • @Ohlookahook2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130965/all-new-perks-new-power-and-modified-perks

    Wow so the new survivor perks are complete useless trash while the killer perks are completely OP. ######### is going on with this game?

    The Stranger Things Chapter want to know your location...

  • As always, awful or very situational perks for survivors, you have to go back to David King chapter for the last very good perk for survivors (Inner Strength is good but not THAT good).

    For the people looks awful, Red Herring looks too much of a hassle to be something useful outside of memes and it might trigger the diversion while someone else is working on the gen, effectively leading the killer there.

    Off the record looks somewhat decent, is a timed mix of Iron Will and Distortion but the hook requisite makes it rather meh, I use Iron Will to juke the killer to try avoiding getting hooked in the first place.

    @Rex_Huin said:

    Perk activation and effects have become more surreal and nonsensical.

    Healing a survivor but you get injured?

    Leaving a locker to trigger an explosion on a gen?

    Makes no sense but whatever...

    I think it creates a diversion not an explosion per se, like Adam's pebble.

  • @Exerlin said:

    Also, I completely forgot to post this little bit of information. He has a slightly lower speed and terror radius than normal killers.

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/986/C2KARP2OGB8Z.png

    Wow. He already looked ######### before because his power is completely useless, and now you're telling me he is slower on top of that? He's not even worth picking up for shards to use his teachables for meme builds, at this point.

  • @Ohlookahook2 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130965/all-new-perks-new-power-and-modified-perks

    Wow so the new survivor perks are complete useless trash while the killer perks are completely OP. ######### is going on with this game?

    In what world are any of those killer perks good? An Obsession-based reverse Thrilling Tremors (because that perk is sooooooo popular /s), a Hex perk that's almost completely useless outside of a full hex build (Thrill of the Hunt isn't enough?), and a generic situational tracking perk.

    I don't think any side is happy with their new perks, but Red Herring (survivor) is probably the best out of the bunch.

  • Hey can you explain what's changed with toolbox charges and their add ons?

  • Really happy to see that two of the new killers perks might actually be really good. Gearhead in particular I can see becoming a meta perk, it looks like a really nice alternative to perks like Discordance, Surveillance, Thrilling Tremors or BBQ.

  • @ColgateAdvancedWhite said:

    New killer seems strong. 360 no scope incoming

    Watching him on streams now, he's like a downgraded huntress. Looks cool but needs lots of adjustments

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Hey can you explain what's changed with toolbox charges and their add ons?

    toolbox update.png

    Significantly reduced charges, some amount increased repair speed. Sadly I can't get the actual numbers for the speed changes. Seems like everything got a change except the repair speed add-ons and BNP.

  • @Exerlin said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1104812#Comment_1104812

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/470/RC67A0QYPP19.png

    Significantly reduced charges, some amount increased repair speed. Sadly I can't get the actual numbers for the speed changes. Seems like everything got a change except the repair speed add-ons and BNP.

    Thank you so much!!

  • @Aven_Fallen said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1104510#Comment_1104510

    Which of the 3 bad Perks is a second-chance Perk in your opinion?

    For the people will be nuts on a heal build. Insta heals will definitely synergize with teamwork alone. Used correctly with other perks that heal you instantly like Decisive strike. Its gonna be absolute stress to try to kill anyone without exposed or 1hk killers from now on. I'm not upset because I already have my counters in mind.


    And red herring is gonna be fabulous

    You are kidding me if you think these survivor perks are bad. With the new sabo buff its gonna be a slugging kinda season for killers because the distaction play and heals are gonna make it rough getting to a hook.


    I'm really excited for this update for survivors.

    The killer perks... trash. Gen pressure never works but they can keep believing in that. Tinker and murmer will be what I need more then these. Might maybe replace tinker with the new gear perk on pig with survey. But hexes are useless. I never get any use from them oblivious is a waste with SFW.


    Definitely gonna be a survivor main this season.

  • My first thought re: For the People is curiosity on whether or not it synergizes with Solidarity. Do they not work together or do you get the 50% despite the insta heal?

  • @Zeidoktor said:

    My first thought re: For the People is curiosity on whether or not it synergizes with Solidarity. Do they not work together or do you get the 50% despite the insta heal?

    It doesnt synergies with Solidarity at all:

    1) For The People requires you to be healthy.

    2) You become broken, so progress shouldnt be transferred over because you cant heal at all while broken..

  • @KokoCurry said:

    How can they possibly run out of ideas and start rehashing legacy perks that still outshine them?

    Off the Record is a diet Iron Will but Iron Will doesn't have a timer.

    Red Herring looks like a meme perk (Diversion, Head-On, No Mither) and even then, the cooldown is too long to make it useful if you use it properly.

    For the People is busted and will be used by SWF as a super crutch like old Hex Ruin was for Killers. It'll be be used to meme the Killer and generally be toxic. It'll be for the memes in Solo Queue and OP in SWF. It's just not realistic.

    Gearhead seems okay, but just another generator monitor perk.

    Dead Man's Switch is a nerfed Thrilling Tremors that requires the Killer to seek out the Obsession. While take DMS when Thrilling Tremors works on any Survivor you hook?

    Hex: Retribution is yet another meme perk like Haunted Grounds and will only be used for NOED/Thill of the Hunt Killers.

    Yeah, more buffs to SWF.

    More aura reading that no one asked for and the survivor perks are bad, yet again.

    At this point I would use shards to get the killer just to get his perks on my other killers.