Dead hard is potentially the most broken exhaustion perk

I know dead hard is getting some hate right now because of servers but this perk is still very broken because how do you counter someone dead harding for distance to a pallet or window? I also know it's useless when in an open field so it's a bit of a problem. It's either the best exhaustion perk or the worst. What do you guys think? Do you play it? Do you think it's fair?

Comments

  • @KornySon10 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1098651#Comment_1098651

    There's no skill in using the majority of the perks in this game. What's your point?

    Does that not sound like a bad thing to you? That is why OP wants it nerfed, so that it DOES need skill to use

  • @Thegoldenhotdog said:

    Well played kilLee movements can be invalidated by dead hard. It should not have the invinicbility and dash, just one.

    necro

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130320/dead-hard-is-potentially-the-most-broken-exhaustion-perk

    Yep I'm in the same boat. Absolutely love outplaying a survivor only to have them hit a button and suddenly I'm the one who got outplayed because they had dead hard and could get to a window or pallet with it. Literally nothing you can do against it if you're an M1 killer.

    Even though this is very old, it still holds up today. Amen.

  • The way dead hard is supposed to be used to dodge an attack is almost impossible cause I find myself exhausted on the floor and dead hard decided it didn't want to work at that moment, so i can see why people just use dead hard for distance now cause it's garbage any other way imo.

  • Dead hard for distance? Just play slinger.

    1292C853-7D76-4779-8C25-6FA0E3219AE0.jpeg


  • I don't mind Dead Hard too much. The majority of the time as the killer, you can play around it. You can't really play around Sprint Burst.

    Now, can we talk about how terrible Lithe is? Even with vaulting perks it feels like you get hit when you go through a vault 90% of the time. And you can't blame it on dedicated servers anymore. Like all these killers have Stretch Armstrong/Dhalsim swings that teleport to the other side of any vault, it's ridiculous. Almost as ridiculous as throwing a pallet down - GETTING THE STUN ON THE KILLER - and STILL getting hit, too.

  • @IronKnight55 said:

    People seriously want DH nerfed? Lol... 😂

    +2 lol

  • I think DH is fine as is. I'd consider it the most balanced of the exhaustion perks, with Adrenaline being the least balanced imo.

  • @woundcowboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1098446#Comment_1098446

    There’s no skill in using it to make up distance and reach a pallet. There’s literally nothing the killer can do.

    @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1098617#Comment_1098617

    That’s it. People that say it takes skill or to bait it out.....are they playing against green ranks?

    You run towards a window. Killer is going to get a hit. You tap E to give you that small boost forward, just enough distance so that now the killer can’t get a hit and now you have the upper hand in a safe loop. Run the loop, drop the pallet safely and then move on to the next.

    It takes no skill and buys so much time. It’s too strong for how easy it is to use. They should just have i-frames and remove the distance.

    I'm Sorry but I disagree with your assertion that dead hard takes no skill. In my opinion a person has skill if they are able to go above and beyond in order to get more out of a perk then its original purpose. The original purpose of dead hard is a short burst that prevents you from being hit when your injured. However a person uses it instead to gain distance to get to a safer position. This was not its intended purpose and the player who uses it like that had the skill to know the right time to use it how to get more out of it.

  • @Elik said:

    I know dead hard is getting some hate right now because of servers but this perk is still very broken because how do you counter someone dead harding for distance to a pallet or window? I also know it's useless when in an open field so it's a bit of a problem. It's either the best exhaustion perk or the worst. What do you guys think? Do you play it? Do you think it's fair?

    The problem isn't DH - the problem is multiple survivors with DH against killers with poor anti-loop or chase to begin with. It turns an uphill struggle into an impossible fight.

    That said - DS, Spinechill and Object in SWF groups are way more oppressive.

  • @StarLost said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/130320/dead-hard-is-potentially-the-most-broken-exhaustion-perk

    The problem isn't DH - the problem is multiple survivors with DH against killers with poor anti-loop or chase to begin with. It turns an uphill struggle into an impossible fight.

    That said - DS, Spinechill and Object in SWF groups are way more oppressive.

    I disagree with DS. As someone that cycles through survivors a lot DS isn’t that big a deal for me.

    I agree with the rest though. If I play Spirit, Pyramidhead or Clown I don’t see Dead Hard as a major issue as they can get hits quite easily.

    For the killers with no anti-loop though survivors run from safe pallet to safe pallet and you’re relying on them to make a mistake and give you a window to attack. So when they DH for distance and make a pallet/window they otherwise wouldnt have made you just lost your chance at getting them down and the chase goes on. Its why I dont use those kind of killers anymore. But then they complain about seeing the same few top tier killers everygame.

  • Dead Hard is never the best exhaustion perk. That title is held by Sprint Burst.

    Why?

    Exhausted on the ground.

1 2 ›