How to rework Steve's perks to be viable
All three of Steve's perks are bad to mediocre, but they could easily be great.
Babysitter- Instantly heals an unhooked Survivor but puts Steve in the exposed status for 20 seconds.
Camaraderie- Pauses the hook timers of teammates when within 16m for 34 seconds.
Second Wind- When unhooked you auto-heal in 30 seconds, but suffer the broken status effect. The requirement to activate it is changed to healing a teammate or yourself by one health state.
Comments
Wait so do these suggestions activate as well as the ones we have now?
So the unhooked survivor still won't leave scratch marks and camaraderie will still apply to you or not?
Nope. They lose their current effects and are replaced with these
I actually really like your idea for Babysitter.
we only fix one perk every 6 months here, but add like 8-16 useless ones in that time frame, that is how it works here.
Babysitter- ok.
Camaraderie- this perk is a mistake. delete, pls.
Second Wind- ok. It shouldnt be op.
Babysitter might be too good, that would promote some really unfun gameplay for both sides.
Fair enough
It's competition for Borrowed Time as an unhooking perk. Much more high risk, but potentially higher reward
Paired with DS it will be a huge pain.
Borrowed with DS is a huge pain too if you're really trying to focus down the person you have hooked.
I was more referring to the fact that if they come for the unhook, you are put into a lose-lose scenario.
1 HELL NO, thats insanely OP, All this needs is a BP increase akin of BBQ to reward the extremely altruistic behavior
2nd Yep this is how it should work
3rd I mean, sure why not I guess.
Slug the person who unhooks because they're exposed.
Even if they had DS, they're on the ground and you can wait it out (especially since they'd probably only have less than 30 seconds left, if they still have DS at all)
That wasn't your suggestion. You said, " Instantly heals an unhooked Survivor but puts Steve in the exposed status for 20 seconds." I could hit Steve and hook him, but then the full health Survivor with DS comes back and unhooks him. If I chase Steve, I get DS'd. If I chase the unhooker, I get DS'd.
Reworking these perks this way would be so abusable it wouldnt even be funny, instaheal off of hook for 20 seconds of exposed? 34 seconds extra hook timer for staying by? Rather cool ideas but so heavily abusable
You got confused: "Steve" is the person with the perk.
So if you have babysitter, the person you unhook is fully healed, but the person who did the unhooking is exposed. It's very similar to the mechanics of the Pig's perk "make your choice"
The perk is best for trading hook states in camping scenarios (if they're almost dead and you haven't been hooked yet) or for time efficiency if the Killer isn't camping because you get an instaheal on your teammate and they won't be able to take advantage of the fact you're exposed.
My suggestions:
Babysitter: Just let the survivor you unhook also see the killer's aura for 4 seconds.
I like your suggestion for Camaraderie.
I think Second Wind is fine.
Then my point is valid. It promotes unhooking in the Killer's face and DS farming.
insta heals are to powerful, you could just unhook someone when the killer is not nearby and easily hide for those 20 seconds, that perk would need to be limited to 1 time a trail and have that expose last at least 40 seconds to a minute.
Personally i think babysitter should also hide blood trails, and remove injured sounds from the unhooked and see the killers aura for the amount of time the perk is active. Maybe extend the time of the perks effects, maybe also a short little speed boost like when you get hit, once unhooked, just ideas.