Why do Exhaustion add ons even exist anymore?

Exhaustion add ons came into the game when the time of recovering exhaustion while running still existed.

Now exhaustion doesn't recover when running so why do they even still exist? Clowns spam their bottles until you're exhausted and Huntresses melee range you with hatchets until you're exhausted.

It's poor game design

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1095391#Comment_1095391

    But his rare add ons are useful.

    Obedience- Takes longer to snap out of it and increases chances of counter clockwise skill checks

    Discipline- Increases madness inflicted by shock therapy and survivors perceive the red stain and TR for x amount of seconds

    Restraint- Survivor auras are shown for x seconds when their madness increases and increases duration of Illusionary Doctors, the doctor sees the auras of the illusions

    Calm- Increases TR when Static Blast is ready and decreases TR when Static Blast is on cool down and survivors gain a chance of hearing the TR for x seconds

    Iridescent King - Shock Therapy and Static Blast cause the survivor to gain a random affliction from the following list

    Iridescent Order - Illusionary pallets

    Iridescent Restraint - Increases duration of Illusionary Doctors

    Iridescent Calm- Survivors hear a constant distant heartbeat

    Iridescent Discipline- Survivors perceive the red stain when being chased

    Iridescent Obediance - Skill checks turn counter clockwise

    And lastly Iridescent Queen- All survivors struck by Shock Therapy or Static Blast acquire a Static Charge. Any time a survivor is within 4 meters if another survivor carrying Static Charge, The survivor receives a shock with identical effects as the Shock therapy ability.

    All of these add ons are super oppressive with the right build. He does not need exhaustion on top of all these

    I am not talking about all of Doctor’s rare add-ons. I am only talking about his Obedience add-on and that it should have its effect changes reverted. If counterclockwise skill checks are so useful and it was worth losing the Exhaustion effect, then why have I not had Survivors miss them? Am I just going up against good Survivors? The old Exhaustion effect was fine and attached to a very rare add-on. It didn’t deserve to be removed.

  • @AhoyWolf said:

    Everybody: Exhaustion addons? Only Huntress and Clown does have them.

    Demo:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/456/1SV0ZOOLHSN1.png

    :,)

    Man it's such a garbage addon too, especially for being very rare. That 5 seconds needs to be like 30.

  • @Snow_Lep said:

    Simply because you're complaining about them.

    If you're gonna be here then provide a sensible response

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1095454#Comment_1095454

    I am not talking about all of Doctor’s rare add-ons. I am only talking about his Obedience add-on and that it should have its effect changes reverted. If counterclockwise skill checks are so useful and it was worth losing the Exhaustion effect, then why have I not had Survivors miss them? Am I just going up against good Survivors? The old Exhaustion effect was fine and attached to a very rare add-on. It didn’t deserve to be removed.

    The devs themselves didn't necessarily say that they thought it was too powerful.

    They removed it because it was their "Least favourite affliction"

  • @Seanzu said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1093675#Comment_1093675

    Still, we'll have to see what they do to toolboxes, they could render them completely pointless like they've done every time they've touched a survivor addon.

    I don't believe survivor add-ons are useless, it just appears that way because they use to be extremely powerful. 😁


    BNP, it was heavily nerfed because it had the potential to complete one generator for every survivor who brought one in.


    A single BNP is comparable to the killer bringing an Ivory Mori in my opinion. If all survivors brought a BNP, it's comparable to the killer bringing an Ebony Mori.

    Now, it acts like a miniature boost to repairing generators, it's strong but not exactly weak.

    I do believe Ivorys and Ebonies need to get the BNP treatment, since they also have too much power.


    Instaheals are changed to have more counterplay, and if I may be so bold, I'll argue they are still relatively the same.


    The septic agent, if used out of the killer's line of sight, will give you a free hit just like before and it also ignores the Exposed status effect, something it didn't do before.

    The Anti-Hemorragic Syringe is like a faster Second Wind, it saves you time and can be used to bait the killer into chasing a survivor who will be healing soon.


    It depends on how you look at things, but survivor add-ons are still powerful, Senzu.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1095614#Comment_1095614

    The devs themselves didn't necessarily say that they thought it was too powerful.

    They removed it because it was their "Least favourite affliction"

    I don’t buy the devs’ reasoning for a second. It was their least favorite because it was too powerful, at least to bad Survivors. They couldn’t handle being without their precious Exhaustion perk, so the devs nerfed the add-on by giving it a somewhat useless effect and are using “we didn’t like it” as an excuse so they don’t have to reveal the true purpose behind the change.

  • @SnakeSound222 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1095652#Comment_1095652

    I don’t buy the devs’ reasoning for a second. It was their least favorite because it was too powerful, at least to bad Survivors. They couldn’t handle being without their precious Exhaustion perk, so the devs nerfed the add-on by giving it a somewhat useless effect and are using “we didn’t like it” as an excuse so they don’t have to reveal the true purpose behind the change.

    Pretty much yeah lol

  • Hearing Clown laugh with his exhaustion add-on after David is obviously spamming E is priceless.

  • @Blueberry said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1095527#Comment_1095527

    Man it's such a garbage addon too, especially for being very rare. That 5 seconds needs to be like 30.

    Ye I know, but it's an exhaustion addon so I guess "pls nerf"?

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1095464#Comment_1095464

    Not really. It would actually counter people 99ing sprint burst so maybe there will be more usage out of the different exhaustion perks (I think SB is currently the best, so anything that encourages diversity is a plus).

    That's also one less perk slot for a meta perk for a mediocre trade off. Idk why you'd be opposed to this.

    Sprint burst has a 40 second cooldown. At half recovery rate, 80 seconds. No one with an exhaustion perk and a couple pallets would have a hard time running for 80 seconds. This would literally break the game, with survivors sprint bursting across the map from god loops to safe pallets. You have no idea what you're talking about.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1094034#Comment_1094034

    Exactly. I'd rather perks have more of an effect on the game rather than add ons.

    Currently the latter has more of an effect which shouldn't be the way. Perks should be stronger than add ons. Blood Echo is a fair exhaustion perk that has decent power

    *laughs in Legion using Thana, Legion Pin, and Blood Echo*

    IMG_20200204_192628.jpg


  • I actually forgot she had an add-on that gave survivors exhaustion whilst they have a trap on... completely useless add-on because you're not gonna be chasing the survivor who has a trap on their head lol

  • @ALostPuppy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1093655#Comment_1093655

    I actually forgot she had an add-on that gave survivors exhaustion whilst they have a trap on... completely useless add-on because you're not gonna be chasing the survivor who has a trap on their head lol

    The only pigs that use it are the douchebags that tunnel trapped survivors

1 2 3 ›