OK, the DC bans need to go, its a part of any online game

DCs are a part of any online game . we havent had them since 2016 we dont need them now. its just silly. if you want to DC you paid for the game do what you like. if you want out of that match and want to go to a new one that is your right. you should not be penalized.

Tagged: Dev

Comments

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1095179#Comment_1095179

    I don't tbag actually and my username is ironic. I never use flashlights.

    You don't see requests for nerfs? are we reading the same forum? every other post is about one of those perks being nerfed or "genrush".

    No matter how much I hate flashlights, I love your name <3

  • How does this punish the innocent more? Lol

    @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096115#Comment_1096115

    When 2 survivors dc they get a 5 minute time out.

    The 2 survivors left in the game get utterly shafted and it could be equally as long if not longer before they get into a new game.

    This stupid system punishes the innocent more than the guilty.

    The 2 survivors that DC will get punished with the timer. The two left will undoubtedly lose the game but usually the killer will either quickly kill them or farm.

    Dcing is not ok period. You are ruining the other players experience by dcing. You should be annoyed at those two survivors that are dcing and ruining the game rather than allowing them to get away with it.

    Your examples are the exception and not the norm. I could also list Fringe scenarios without the DC penalty in place to show why it's needed as well.

  • @fengsad said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1091043#Comment_1091043

    you know what else is part of dbd? slugging and making survivors sit there for 4 minutes doing nothing with no recourse.

    If your team isn't able to get you up in 4 mins then the killer has to be camping at which point the rest of your team should be doing gens and escape. Camping is a real strategy but it's not an effective one.

  • @TWiXT said:

    Um... probably shouldn't be prying, but anyone else concerned that the OP received a forum ban after making this post? Seriously, I kinda want to know what they did to earn it, but at the same time am afraid to investigate.

    As for what the OP originally stated, and just like the 2nd post clarified, MANY Multiplayer games like Overwatch, CS, CoD, Battlefield, Dota, HotS, Smite, TF2, And even freaking Fortnite incorporate DC penalty systems because the devs know that players who habitually DC over petty reasons or entitlement are not good for their games. Granted, those games are far more competitive by nature, and really need a DC penalty system, but in all honesty, this is a 4v1 Asymmetrical multiplayer game wherein the cooperation of every player in a match, no matter how good or bad its going for them, is the core of the overall gameplay. Anyone who ditches out and screws everyone else over by doing so only ruins the overall game, and leaves new players with a sour experience. Allowing that kind of petty toxicity to continue unpunished would only make new players hate the game even more, and I'm seriously baffled that they didn't incorporate this system sooner (especially around the Stranger Things Chapter release).

    Now however, new players get to experience DbD the way it was meant to be played... To the end of the match regardless of the outcome. They no longer have to fear teammates DC'ing on their first down, because of the map they're on/killer they're facing, or Killers ending the match early with a DC because the survivors Finished 1 gen quickly or destroyed a totem in the first 20 seconds. To me, that's progress and completely in the right direction for this games health. Like the other games mentioned in this comment, Behavior had a problem with DC's and took the proper action to quell it, and I honestly haven't had this much fun in DbD for about a year.

    I'm so grateful to the devs for this... yeah the game isn't perfect, and some bugs can cause DC's/punishments without warning, but in all honesty, those cases are far more rare than the epidemic of players DC'ing for petty reasons we've experienced since January of 2019. I fully appreciate the devs stance against such nonsense considering that it was, without a doubt, quintessentially... the most prevalent problem (above all others) that ruined the game. I'm certain many others can agree with me on that note.

    Probably in another thread when they were openly talking about what they DC for. Gave a list.

    Openly encouraging DCs is against the rules. 🤷‍♀️

  • @ermsy said:

    How does this punish the innocent more? Lol

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096365#Comment_1096365

    The 2 survivors that DC will get punished with the timer. The two left will undoubtedly lose the game but usually the killer will either quickly kill them or farm.

    Dcing is not ok period. You are ruining the other players experience by dcing. You should be annoyed at those two survivors that are dcing and ruining the game rather than allowing them to get away with it.

    Your examples are the exception and not the norm. I could also list Fringe scenarios without the DC penalty in place to show why it's needed as well.

    The killers dont farm and they dont kill quickly. Many slug for the 4k to try and gain some points back.

    I’ve also had “EZ EZ” post game after this.

    They aren’t exceptions. Its common enough for it to be a problem. People like you dont care though because you barely play survivor so never see these situations. To you all that matters is that ez win.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096378#Comment_1096378

    The killers dont farm and they dont kill quickly. Many slug for the 4k to try and gain some points back.

    I’ve also had “EZ EZ” post game after this.

    They aren’t exceptions. Its common enough for it to be a problem. People like you dont care though because you barely play survivor so never see these situations. To you all that matters is that ez win.

    I like how you assume what I play and attack me personally...it's usually a sign that you cant argue against my point.

    Ok so you are saying your two DC in a game is fairly common. So in ten games how often does your scenario happen?

  • No thank you. Keep the DC bans. Too many players rage quit because of silly things. If you don't enjoy the game...play something else. The game is not perfect and its not going to be how everyone wants it to be. Just enjoy it or move on to something better.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096378#Comment_1096378

    The killers dont farm and they dont kill quickly. Many slug for the 4k to try and gain some points back.

    I’ve also had “EZ EZ” post game after this.

    They aren’t exceptions. Its common enough for it to be a problem. People like you dont care though because you barely play survivor so never see these situations. To you all that matters is that ez win.

    Yet, I play more survivor than killer and agree with them. Hrmmm.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096378#Comment_1096378

    The killers dont farm and they dont kill quickly. Many slug for the 4k to try and gain some points back.

    I’ve also had “EZ EZ” post game after this.

    They aren’t exceptions. Its common enough for it to be a problem. People like you dont care though because you barely play survivor so never see these situations. To you all that matters is that ez win.

    I play survivor and slugging doesn’t bother me, it’s a legit strategy... you are very cheery set in your stance that slugging is somehow wrong. It is the single best defense killers have right now against gen speed... thank the devs did that.

    In the meantime your opinion is clearly the minority in the forums, the playerbase and most important the devs don’t agree with you. Just find a new game that lets you set the rules

  • @dbizzle said:

    DCs are a part of any online game . we havent had them since 2016 we dont need them now. its just silly. if you want to DC you paid for the game do what you like. if you want out of that match and want to go to a new one that is your right. you should not be penalized.

    You don’t actually buy the game and do not own it. You pay for a license to be able to access the game. Stop being entitled

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096252#Comment_1096252

    A 1 on 1 fighter is in no way comparable to DBD. Theres no room for toxicity or trolling in there and the games are over in a very short time. Theres no crashing, no gamebreaking bugs, nobody holding the game hostage etc

    Plenty of 1-1 fighters have bugs, network crashes, etc.

    Also you’re right they aren’t comparable. In a 1-1 game you DC and you screw yourself, in a 4-1 game you DC and you affect 4 other people so penalties should be harsher

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096386#Comment_1096386

    I play survivor and slugging doesn’t bother me, it’s a legit strategy... you are very cheery set in your stance that slugging is somehow wrong. It is the single best defense killers have right now against gen speed... thank the devs did that.

    In the meantime your opinion is clearly the minority in the forums, the playerbase and most important the devs don’t agree with you. Just find a new game that lets you set the rules

    Slugging is fine.

    slugging with the intention of letting people bleed out, or slugging after 2 people have disconnected is what bothers me. I like how you keep twisting it to fit your narrative.

    Try taking your own advice too. Don’t complain about gen speeds or DS, go find a game that has objectives go at the speed you want :)

  • Personally fine with the DC penalties. I've gotten maybe 1 Survivor that DC'd since they released it. I've been playing 4-6 hours a night all week so one DC is awesome compared to how many I usually get. I personally think people with bad internet tend to ruin games. When I had crappy internet I'd do people a favor and not even play as a host or even play at that. Why? Because I don't think it's fair I ruin others games because my crappy internet. That's why when I did have crap internet I would not buy a game because I know I'll be ruining others experiences. So either get better internet or wait for better internet. If that's not your case then Idk what the big deal is. Sounds like someone likes to rage quit for nothing.

  • You know pso ep3 had a win/loss/ DC number next to your name so you would know someone DC alot and just avoid playing with them.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096543#Comment_1096543

    Slugging is fine.

    slugging with the intention of letting people bleed out, or slugging after 2 people have disconnected is what bothers me. I like how you keep twisting it to fit your narrative.

    Try taking your own advice too. Don’t complain about gen speeds or DS, go find a game that has objectives go at the speed you want :)

    I’m not complaining about that, I’m starting why slugging is needed sometimes. I also have never been so upset about DS or gen speed that it made me DC the game. I’m an adult and I don’t quit when something doesn’t go my way.

    And I’m not twisting anything, you are the one saying slugging is okay but not when someone else DCs, why? Who gives you the right to say what is and isn’t acceptable, oh wait nobody.

    In terms of slugging to let people bleed out I still don’t get how often this is happening to you? I have about 4000 hours split almost even try survivor/killer and I have literally NEVER done it as killer or had it done to my team as survivor... how many times has this happened to you and out of how many games

  • @Cardgrey said:

    You know pso ep3 had a win/loss/ DC number next to your name so you would know someone DC alot and just avoid playing with them.

    I would support this idea 110% let the people who have 20 DCs all play together since they would be so sympathetic to each other’s situation

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096613#Comment_1096613

    I would support this idea 110% let the people who have 20 DCs all play together since they would be so sympathetic to each other’s situation

    Ya till you can't get a lobby anymore and you end up screwing yourself over.

  • @Cardgrey said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1096629#Comment_1096629

    Ya till you can't get a lobby anymore and you end up screwing yourself over.

    I would get a lobby just fine, players without DCs would be leaving their lobbies and constantly cycling into new ones until we ended up together. I’d be happy to wait a few minutes for a game knowing that my whole team would see it through no matter what. Quality over quantity

  • @Almo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1091270#Comment_1091270

    I would like to point out that League of Legends has DC penalties across all of its game modes, ranked or not.

    In a 5-player game, if people disconnect on average once every 5 games, then statistically you will get few games without at least one DC. It's worse the more players there are: so for LoL if player disconnect 1 every 10 games, you're looking at one DC per game (not always, just very often).

    For quality matches, ranked or not, you really want your DC rate to be very low.

    Didn't know that I've never played or watched league of legends before

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    @Purr Bad comparison.

    Take Rocket league for example. It bas a casual mode, it offers a forfeit option, but most importantly it isn’t absolutely riddled with bugs. There isn’t any toxic mechanics that can be abused either. You don’t get a Ghostface in Rocket League that sits there tbagging you and mori spamming for 4 minutes before finally doing the mori and ending the game. You don’t get random crashes, stuck in walls, trees or scenery.

    It’s an apples to oranges comparison.

    Maybe you should try playing on console. I don't see to recall anyone ever having any of those issue, beyond bad connection crashes during bad weather. Maybe a camera glitch or two, and some sound wonkiness.

1 2 3 ›