The art of the triple tunnel

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0ARvCdB5plw

Make peace with the entity, survivors. It may not have worked out this time, but my powers will only grow. Soon I will be tunnelling all four of you from the start of the trial onwards.

Nah but seriously when do queue times get sorted out so I can play the role that doesn't make me want to chew off my own fingers?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    It would have helped to see the whole clip. With DS its often in the last 10 seconds that you get picked up. It may have been possible for you to wait a little longer in picking the Kate up for example and chasing the other person.

    I can see your frustration. It must suck to feel having multiple kills stolen from you like that. However NOED is basically the same thing. I could post thousands of videos here that show the killer getting multiple free kills thanks to 1 perk.

    Killer mains only have themselves to blame for DS. They kept tunneling and tunneling and tunneling really ruining the game for everyone else and then when a defence comes about its *surprised Pikachu face*

    Yeah, exactly NOED is the same thing.

    Im waiting for an update that will burn both of these perks to the ground

  • Why didn't you post the footage of what happened before that point? That would have given a better idea of the situation, especially regarding the Steve and Kate.

    Meg's DS worked exactly as intended, as much as it sucks from the killer perspective. That DS is very powerful in the endgame is not news. That's because tunneling itself becomes very powerful in the endgame, considering there are no other objectives and it allows to secure a kill. It goes by reason then, that anything that works against tunneling (DS/BT) increases in power as well in endgame, obviously, while being weaker earlier in the trial.

  • @PrettyFaceKate said:

    Why didn't you post the footage of what happened before that point? That would have given a better idea of the situation, especially regarding the Steve and Kate.

    Meg's DS worked exactly as intended, as much as it sucks from the killer perspective. That DS is very powerful in the endgame is not news. That's because tunneling itself becomes very powerful in the endgame, considering there are no other objectives and it allows to secure a kill. It goes by reason then, that anything that works against tunneling (DS/BT) increases in power as well in endgame, obviously, while being weaker earlier in the trial.

    I just made it short to send to my swf group and posted it here as an afterthought, but you're right another minute or so wouldn't've been useful. Unfortunately I auto-trimmed it when I posted it to youtube, I'll check but fairly sure the rest is gone.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1077622#Comment_1077622

    I just made it short to send to my swf group and posted it here as an afterthought, but you're right another minute or so wouldn't've been useful. Unfortunately I auto-trimmed it when I posted it to youtube, I'll check but fairly sure the rest is gone.

    It's OK. I definitely understand your frustration. I've been in a similar position in my matches and it can be disheartening.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    To be fair the killer did misplay...they could've gotten their kill still if they didn't greed the DS from the Kate. Even after that, the killer still had a chance at looking for the unhooker. This video makes sense to me: playing bad/brainless = bad results. Simple, no?

    Isn't holding W with DS activated a "brainless" play but it gave a good result ? I kinda want to agree with you but that part was a little off.

  • So you complain about survivors, though you just made bad choices?

  • @kosmi said:

    Welcome to the trials, we've got fun and games

    We got everything you want honey, we know the devs

    We are the fog people that can find whatever you may need

    If you got the blood points, honey we got your decisive strikes

    Trials, welcome to the trials

    Watch it bring you to your shun n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n knees, knees

    Uh I, I wanna watch you bleed!

    Welcome to the trials, we take it dead by daylight

    If you want it you're gonna bleed but it's the price to pay

    And you're a very toxic surv, very dead hard to please

    You can taste the flash lights, but you won't get there for free

    In the trials, welcome to the trials

    Feel my, my, my no one escapes death

    Uh, I, I want to hear you scream

    Welcome to the trials, it gets worse here everyday

    You learn to live like an sweaty animal in the trials where we play

    If you got a swf team for what you see, you'll take it eventually

    You can have anything you want, but you better not take it from me

    In the trials, welcome to the trials

    Watch it bring you to your shun n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n knees, knees

    Uh oh, I'm gonna watch you bleed

    And when you're high, you never

    Ever want to come down

    DS will bring you so down, so down, so down, yeah!

    You know where you are?

    You're in the trials, baby

    You're gonna eat ds, adrenaline and bt for all internettyyyyyyy

    In the trials, welcome to the trials

    Watch it bring you to your shun n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n knees, knees

    In the trials, welcome to the tirals

    Feel my, my, my, my decisive strike

    In the trials, welcome to the trials

    Watch it bring you to your shun n-n-n-n-n-n-n-n knees, knees

    In the trials, welcome to the trials

    Watch it how ds bring you to your, it's going to bring you down, till you entity displeased.

    Totally read that in Axle. Good stuff

  • Yep happens all the time, DS is the meta sadly because survivors tend to have no spine or skill at all so they use whatever OP crap they can.

  • @Umbrae_pk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1076585#Comment_1076585

    This is why the devs don’t take suggestions from the community 💀

    Freddy rework, legion rework, nurse rework, MoM, Ruin, etc.

    But yeah they NEVER take suggestions.

    In reality they dont take good suggestions. They take monetary suggestions or ones on a whim they think will work.

  • @Vidal_Signz said:

    Tired of getting DS'd? Here's an idea..."Stop Tunneling and Git Gud".

    I mean hell, they might have all gotten away... But at least you got Brutal Killer and not Entity Displeased. You could have gotten 1 or 2 of them, but you got greedy and lost all 4. You took a risk, and you lost. Learn from it and move on.

    (Perhaps after Steve escaped/you hooked the second survivor/downed the third, you should have left the third on the ground and chased down 4th. The one on the ground may have crawled out the exit, but you could have possibly prevented that last Survivor from unhooking the other. Either way, you take a risk. It's up to you to analyze the situation and decide the best course of action.

    Honestly. Slugging 3 and going for 4 is what I thought should have been done as well. The crawler may get out or may stay and f up trying to bait DS. But go for the 2 at that point with doors open.


    Still, 3 DS back to back shouldnt be that feasible.

  • @Aneurysm said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1077525#Comment_1077525

    Okay, maybe not the friendliest response but I appreciate the input regardless 😄

    If it helps you, I am happy. I just get tired of reading how OP and toxic everything is, when it really isn't, at all.

    Bad players blame the game, when they really just need to learn from mistakes, rather than trying to make changes that will devastate play. It's already a fine balance between winning and losing as it is. Mistakes are punished hard in the game, learn to make fewer mistakes.

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1077525#Comment_1077525

    "Sweating into a rank you cant play" ######### does that even mean lmao.

    The problems here are

    • DS should deactivate if doing gens, just like when opening gates. So 1st DS shouldnt have happened.
    • You cant slug people at exit gates, so DS has literally no counter in this situation.
    • Downing or hooking people has no effect on DS, OP downed 2 people and hooked 1, between Kate's got unhooked and picked up, her DS should be inactive after that.

    Also what is your problem with M&A, Ruin and Nurses on Hag?

    Sweating into a rank you can't play in, is simply try harding to gain ranks. If you imagine that it takes 5 games to gain 2 ranks for competent players, it can also take 20-30 (even more) games for a bad player to gain 2 ranks. Understand?

    The problems here are...

    There is only one problem, bad killer moves during end game. Nothing else. Not a thing. Everything worked as it's supposed to for the reasons it's supposed to work, your subjective ideas about what should happen based on the limit of your player skill and general intelligence are completely meaningless.

    Seriously, what's wrong with running new ruin? Ok, end of chat.

  • @Joao_Bandicoot said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1077472#Comment_1077472

    Isn't holding W with DS activated a "brainless" play but it gave a good result ? I kinda want to agree with you but that part was a little off.

    Hmm true...that's why DS needs some tuning imo

  • @gamerscrybecauseofme said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1077544#Comment_1077544

    Sweating into a rank you can't play in, is simply try harding to gain ranks. If you imagine that it takes 5 games to gain 2 ranks for competent players, it can also take 20-30 (even more) games for a bad player to gain 2 ranks. Understand?

    The problems here are...

    There is only one problem, bad killer moves during end game. Nothing else. Not a thing. Everything worked as it's supposed to for the reasons it's supposed to work, your subjective ideas about should happen based on the limit of your player skill and general intelligence are completely meaningless.

    Seriously, what's wrong with running new ruin? Ok, end of chat.

    If by "working as intended" you mean "immunity for 60 seconds during which you can do gens, open gates and unhook other survivors and number no circumstances have any effect on it",

    Then yes, DS in fine. But I dont think its "working as intended" at all

  • I feel like people are responding to me with things I haven't actually said.

    I didn't criticise the survivors or call them toxic, I admitted they were sensible for using their DS to maximum effect (rather than wasting it early on)

    I said I want DS to still combat tunnelling, I didn't call for nerfs

    I did make mistakes in the game, including before the clip. It was a fun game overall although I hate playing hag on corn maps.

    And while killer frustrates me sometimes and I was a bit salty at the time of posting I still love it.

  • @Archimedes5000 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1078434#Comment_1078434

    If by "working as intended" you mean "immunity for 60 seconds during which you can do gens, open gates and unhook other survivors and number no circumstances have any effect on it",

    Then yes, DS in fine. But I dont think its "working as intended" at all

    Can you read? Amongst other words detailing how, affect and action to make the perk work for the survivor, there is this peach of a sentence.

    "After being unhooked or unhooking yourself, Decisive Strike will become active and useable for 60 seconds"

    Absolutely none of the other wording, defines or limits how a survivor wishes to use that perk. Giving the survivor, complete autonomy on whether they wish to use it aggressively or defensively, whether they want to run around finishing the gens, clearing totems, opening gates, performing rescues, jumping into grab points, body blocking the killer, looping him or whatever else they want to do in that time period, is of no matter at all. Just to be clear, the one thing the perk doesn't say, is that its purpose is to stop a killer from tunnelling them. So yeah, it's working exactly as intended and doesn't need looking at ever again. Those survivors literally needed that perk to complete their objective, to survive!

  • @gamerscrybecauseofme said:

    If this is the level of play all the GeN rUsH iS a ThInG, DeCiSiVe StRiKe Is OvErPoWeReD players talk about? Haha you deserved to get a 4 man escape.

    4 survivors still alive at the end, I mean wow, you sweating into a rank you can't play?

    You pick up a survivor, that intentionally baited you for the DS hit. I will mitigate this with being unsure as to how long he had left on his DS timer, but I will guess it wasn't that long.

    You then down the next survivor, great! Then down the recently unhooked survivor, who was also baiting you for their DS hit.

    You then proceed to hook her, right next to the gate! With another hook option further away or just slug her a little further away.

    You then took the other survivors quite obvious DS strike, though tbf, there wasn't really many good options for you at this point, regarding Kate, but picking her up was just stupid as it gave time for the 4th survivor to unhook the survivor on the hook you just put her on.

    You then down and pick up the survivor that was literally unhooked 5 secs ago....with quite obvious repurcussions.

    The other survivor breezes past you, customary thanks for being a nooby killer teabag.

    Where as, I would have left sailor boy with his ######### flashlight skills on the ground. Downed the meg and the Kate, would mostly likely have slugged the meg at some point between the back of the mound and the further hook. I would have then gone back for meg 2, who would have either been trying heal sailor boy or ######### around, depending on his proximity to the exit, I would hit meg 2 or picked up sailor boy, hooked him/slugged him other side of the mound. Maybe meg 2 would have stayed close to meg 1/sailor boy to heal/rescue them, leaving you open to the possibility of downing her too. You turned a very potential end game 3 kills, although definitely 1 kill, into a 4 man escape, thanks to your own bad decisions.

    Survivors are only as overpowered as how crap the killer is.

    Also, what the ######### was that perk loadout?

    Chew your own fingers to the bone, they don't deserve to be holding your playstation pad.

    Jokes, I wouldn't have done any of that, those survivors would have died long before the gate was open.

    NOoOo sUrVivOrs aRe OP.

    Pleeeease NEEEEEERF!!11!!!!!

    Most people think they deserve to play bad and still 4k. That is literally their "balance" problem.

    Most other games with a ranking system punish brainless plays a lot more than DbD.

1 2 ›