When your teammate is getting chased

Spent at least 2 minutes getting chased by a hillbilly who really wanted the chainsaw went to both gates and none had a single light when finally they did open one I lost the Hillbilly and spot both of them hiding behind trees near the gate

This stressed me out please open gates don't 99 or do nothing just open them. No this is not demand like some pretend this is merely request from me if you don't agree you don't have to try to put me down everyone is entitled to play how they want within rules set by developers.

If you are going to 99 make sure to bodyblock if you would be so kind.

Tagged: ModTrusted

Comments

  • Sometimes 99% the gates is a good strategy, but I get where you're coming from.

  • @Kliah said:

    Sometimes 99% the gates is a good strategy, but I get where you're coming from.

    Yeah if someone is hooked but if someone getting chased and they run to gate only to see nobody and 99 it will sandbag them

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I hate 99'ing gates. The only thing its useful for is countering Blood Warden, otherwise you're kinda screwing your teammates who are getting chased and don't know if anyone is working on a gate. If EGC triggers then that Survivor knows to start going towards the gates.

    Clutching a game during EGC is ezpz but too many players are scared of the timer on the screen.

    I would rather have 99 than what happened in the match with two of them hiding instead of going for the gates. I feel like after the Hillbilly saw both gates had no lights during our chase he felt bad for me and decided to leave me to go for other two

  • Don't worry, they're open immediately in my matches.

  • I've seen 99ing the gates get more people kill than it has saved people.

    It's a stupid tactic. Just open the damn door.

  • I'm sorry if you're not good enough at the game yet, but you 99 the gate to avoid Blood Warden. Also what they should of been doing is getting the gate to 99 and just as you are running to it, open it and then take protection hits till all the survivors leave together.

    In this case it was against a billy, unfortunately standing out in the open against a Killer that can dash with an instant down may not be the most reliable decisions in the game.

  • @NullEXE said:

    I'm sorry if you're not good enough at the game yet, but you 99 the gate to avoid Blood Warden. Also what they should of been doing is getting the gate to 99 and just as you are running to it, open it and then take protection hits till all the survivors leave together.

    In this case it was against a billy, unfortunately standing out in the open against a Killer that can dash with an instant down may not be the most reliable decisions in the game.

    What are you talking about "not good enough at the game" focus on your own skill I'm good with me

  • @Cronk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071670#Comment_1071670

    What are you talking about "not good enough at the game" focus on your own skill I'm good with me

    You're demanding players to play in a way that makes it worse for everyone in that game - something that better players already know against. If you don't know why people 99 gates, then maybe actually stop wasting your time making demands on the forums, and spend more time learning more about the game.

  • @NullEXE said:

    I'm sorry if you're not good enough at the game yet, but you 99 the gate to avoid Blood Warden. Also what they should of been doing is getting the gate to 99 and just as you are running to it, open it and then take protection hits till all the survivors leave together.

    In this case it was against a billy, unfortunately standing out in the open against a Killer that can dash with an instant down may not be the most reliable decisions in the game.

    Criticizes other peoples skill....yet, is afraid of Blood Warden.

    giphy.gif


  • Makes ignorant response to my comment, doesn't understand that you are doing more than just stopping blood warden by 99% a door.

    It also stops the game going into EGC so you have time to save people, cleanse totems, find the hatch, and open chests.

    But like you know, try and insult me further. ๐Ÿ™„

  • @NullEXE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071680#Comment_1071680

    You're demanding players to play in a way that makes it worse for everyone in that game - something that better players already know against. If you don't know why people 99 gates, then maybe actually stop wasting your time making demands on the forums, and spend more time learning more about the game.

    Do you even know what that word means? I didn't demand anything I politely asked and you come here just to ######### on me as though you are some almighty pro player.

    Your logic is flawed so if someone is getting chased your logic is to not even open a gate but to expect them to go down because you want to cheese a killer out of a perk that rarely gets used anyway. Please don't make up lies saying I'm demanding anything when clearly I haven't if you don't like me you can kindly ignore posts with my user attached to them

  • Do not listen to this heathen, Survivors. The best thing to do when you or one of your teammates are being chased by the Killer is to repeatedly enter and exit a locker or to cower behind a tree until the chase is over. Progressing any of your objectives is detrimental to all of your teammates when one of you are in a chase!

  • @NullEXE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071690#Comment_1071690

    Makes ignorant response to my comment, doesn't understand that you are doing more than just stopping blood warden by 99% a door.

    It also stops the game going into EGC so you have time to save people, cleanse totems, find the hatch, and open chests.

    But like you know, try and insult me further. ๐Ÿ™„

    There is plenty of time and even more when someone is downed or hooked you essentially promote cheese tactics

  • I will, when I see you running my way.

    Or the killer... either one works

  • @Cronk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071688#Comment_1071688

    Do you even know what that word means? I didn't demand anything I politely asked and you come here just to ######### on me as though you are some almighty pro player.

    Your logic is flawed so if someone is getting chased your logic is to not even open a gate but to expect them to go down because you want to cheese a killer out of a perk that rarely gets used anyway. Please don't make up lies saying I'm demanding anything when clearly I haven't if you don't like me you can kindly ignore posts with my user attached to them

    You 99 the gate and then wait at the switch to watch for the survivor being chased. When you see him, you open and run to take protection hits. It's not rocket science. It's better for you being chased if the gates aren't open when you go down, your team has the time to come for you. If the EGC timer is running and you get hooked, you're more likely to be abandoned.

    You don't 99 the gates for yourself. It's for the team. Only the selfish and the stupid open the gates without the killer right there.

  • @Cronk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071688#Comment_1071688

    Do you even know what that word means? I didn't demand anything I politely asked and you come here just to ######### on me as though you are some almighty pro player.

    Your logic is flawed so if someone is getting chased your logic is to not even open a gate but to expect them to go down because you want to cheese a killer out of a perk that rarely gets used anyway. Please don't make up lies saying I'm demanding anything when clearly I haven't if you don't like me you can kindly ignore posts with my user attached to them

    So you're one of those people that makes a forum discussion when you had a bad game, and then expresses your frustrations on those who tell you the better strategies. Then when that's not working in your favor you start to play Ring a Ring o' Roses, repeating yourself expecting the other person to repeat them-self again. Luckily I can just quote myself with the push of a button.

    @NullEXE said:

    I'm sorry if you're not good enough at the game yet, but you 99 the gate to avoid Blood Warden. Also what they should of been doing is getting the gate to 99 and just as you are running to it, open it and then take protection hits till all the survivors leave together.

    In this case it was against a billy, unfortunately standing out in the open against a Killer that can dash with an instant down may not be the most reliable decisions in the game.

    I've stated that the good player opens the door when the chased survivor is running up, and takes protection hits. In your situation was against a hillbilly which is harder to do when he has an instant down dash. Stop crying, and either take a break from the game, or just move on. No one here is going to coddle you.

  • @Feyd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071709#Comment_1071709

    You 99 the gate and then wait at the switch to watch for the survivor being chased. When you see him, you open and run to take protection hits. It's not rocket science. It's better for you being chased if the gates aren't open when you go down, your team has the time to come for you. If the EGC timer is running and you get hooked, you're more likely to be abandoned.

    You don't 99 the gates for yourself. It's for the team. Only the selfish and the stupid open the gates without the killer right there.

    So people are stupid for playing the game how it was intended? There's really no discussion to be had with someone that thinks that sorry

  • @NullEXE said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071709#Comment_1071709

    So you're one of those people that makes a forum discussion when you had a bad game, and then expresses your frustrations on those who tell you the better strategies. Then when that's not working in your favor you start to play Ring a Ring o' Roses, repeating yourself expecting the other person to repeat them-self again. Luckily I can just quote myself with the push of a button.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071670#Comment_1071670

    I've stated that the good player opens the door when the chased survivor is running up, and takes protection hits. In your situation was against a hillbilly which is harder to do when he has an instant down dash. Stop crying, and either take a break from the game, or just move on. No one here is going to coddle you.

    Bad game? I escaped how is that a bad game? No I'm one of those people who actually tries to be decent and respectful to others while everytime I see you comment on a post you are shitting on someone or crying about ruin or some other pointless stuff.

    I politely asked people to open gates when someone is getting chased you came here just to pick on me for no reason so now I'm just gonna ignore anything your user is attached to. I don't ask for "codling" or whatever you even say I ask that you don't try to bypass rules by sneak Diss for no reason.

  • @Cronk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071742#Comment_1071742

    So people are stupid for playing the game how it was intended? There's really no discussion to be had with someone that thinks that sorry

    Intentionally taking an action that hurts your team is either selfish or stupid. It comes from being self-centered or ignorant. If you know better than to do it, you're self-centered. If you don't, then it's ignorance. Not difficult to follow the logic.

    Opening the gate early puts pressure on everyone else for no reason. If you have a reason to disadvantage everyone else in the game other than selfishness or stupidity, please feel free to share. The rest of us red ranked survivors would love to hear your wisdom.

  • @Feyd said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071769#Comment_1071769

    Intentionally taking an action that hurts your team is either selfish or stupid. It comes from being self-centered or ignorant. If you know better than to do it, you're self-centered. If you don't, then it's ignorance. Not difficult to follow the logic.

    Opening the gate early puts pressure on everyone else for no reason. If you have a reason to disadvantage everyone else in the game other than selfishness or stupidity, please feel free to share. The rest of us red ranked survivors would love to hear your wisdom.

    You won't wisdom? It's a game a casual one at that stop coming on here bullying others because they post something you dislike. Red rank survivor you say like it is a trophy you mount on wall when nobody cares what rank you, me or anyone is.

  • @Cronk said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071780#Comment_1071780

    You won't wisdom? It's a game a casual one at that stop coming on here bullying others because they post something you dislike. Red rank survivor you say like it is a trophy you mount on wall when nobody cares what rank you, me or anyone is.

    Take a leaf out of the first commenter book or just don't comment now stop quoting me I do not want to talk to someone that thinks less of people if they do specific thing and thinks rank is some trophy rather than showing to time spent on playing current season.

    Point is, there is a legit reason for 99'ing the gates and it's done on purpose because it has several advantages.

    Ignoring advantages is ignorant at best, willfully selfish or malicious at worst.

  • The reason people don't open the gates in that situation is to not put a timer on the one being chased

    If the gates are open all the killer has to do is zone you away from the gates for a couple of minutes

    You can get really screwed if your teammates open the door to quick as instead of evading the killer you're suddenly forced to go through them

    The mistake in that game was your teammates weren't there to open it as you came running to it

  • @Sonzaishinai said:

    The reason people don't open the gates in that situation is to not put a timer on the one being chased

    If the gates are open all the killer has to do is zone you away from the gates for a couple of minutes

    You can get really screwed if your teammates open the door to quick as instead of evading the killer you're suddenly forced to go through them

    The mistake in that game was your teammates weren't there to open it as you came running to it

    This is type of comment I can agree with. you clearly read what I say and politely provide some more reasoning as to why it can be good play to 99 gates thank you.

  • Please remember to keep discussions civil. Comments should contribute to the discussion and not be directed at other users. Everyone is welcome to participate in a discussion.

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    I hate 99'ing gates. The only thing its useful for is countering Blood Warden, otherwise you're kinda screwing your teammates who are getting chased and don't know if anyone is working on a gate. If EGC triggers then that Survivor knows to start going towards the gates.

    Clutching a game during EGC is ezpz but too many players are scared of the timer on the screen.

    Really. I find 99% ensure my blood warden gets great affect. Most of the time you got someone before a 99% is achieved, at least for me, and they get confident knowing they can open a safe zone so they scatter to do whatever. Loot or get more points.


    Then I open the gate and hook for blood warden myself and almost every time they get utterly clustered by it. They always assume it was one of their own team mates that opens the gate. I've even had end game chats yell at each other and compliment me for being a "cool guy" trying to take the heat off the survivor that open the gate and buggered 'em when I insist it was me.

  • Guess what?

    I just played a game right now and opened the gate. I didn't 99 it like usual.

    The killer downs one of my teammates with NOED, he hooked the survivor, Blood Warden. The killer got a massive snowball which led to a 4k.

    This is why we 99 gates.

    @Pythonheir

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1071690#Comment_1071690

    Guess what?

    I just played a game right now and opened the gate. I didn't 99 it like usual.

    The killer downs one of my teammates with NOED, he hooked the survivor, Blood Warden. The killer got a massive snowball which led to a 4k.

    This is why we 99 gates.

    @Pythonheir

    And how many killers have you faced today that had Blood Warden? I mean, sure, highlight one, big whoop. What about the dozens that didn't have it? I'm on holiday and played probably 30 games today. You know how many had Blood Warden?

    A big fat zero.

  • Survivors With Friends and Voice Chat don't have this problem...

    Please, show a being-chased status icon on the HUD and make it fair for solo survivors too. Why should SWFVC have all the perks (sorry, I mean half of the perks) while we're stuck with just 4?

  • @McLightning said:

    I've seen 99ing the gates get more people kill than it has saved people.

    It's a stupid tactic. Just open the damn door.

    lol totally, is not that in most games that the exit gates are open at least someone dies cuz there is no time for rescuing them, sure bud

    I hope I never ever play with you

  • @McLightning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072161#Comment_1072161

    And how many killers have you faced today that had Blood Warden? I mean, sure, highlight one, big whoop. What about the dozens that didn't have it? I'm on holiday and played probably 30 games today. You know how many had Blood Warden?

    A big fat zero.

    Even without Blood Warden, opening the gates applies more pressure to the survivors.

    99ing the gates alleviates this pressure.

    I couldn't really care about your opinions on opening gates, I'm not screwing my team over

  • As someone who now runs Blood Warden on all of my Killers, I'd suggest you keep those Exit Gated closed. ๐Ÿ˜ˆ It's such an awarding feeling to down and hook a Survivor only for the other Survivors to be trapped, thinking they're about to make a clean escape. No sir/ma'am! ๐Ÿ˜‚

    Sometimes it doesn't work in my favor, but way more often than not... it does. In one match that I remember quite fondly, I was able to get all of the Survivors down in that moment.

    If I haven't already been hooked twice, and if the match is going in our favor (as a group of Survivors), I'll try to run in between the Survivor that's being chased and the Killer to discombobulate them. The Killer gets confused and starts making mistakes, typically, swinging at everything.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072182#Comment_1072182

    Even without Blood Warden, opening the gates applies more pressure to the survivors.

    99ing the gates alleviates this pressure.

    I couldn't really care about your opinions on opening gates, I'm not screwing my team over

    So dismissive of opposing views.

    In any case. Say you have a get 99'd. An injured team mate is running to it. Nobody is there to open it and the injured one is in a chase. They die because the gate wasn't opened. Who screwed who over?

    Yeah, it goes both ways, bub. Now stop being so toxic and have a civil discussion instead of being so confrontational for no reason. Imagine being that passionate and rude over a video game.

  • @McLightning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072987#Comment_1072987

    So dismissive of opposing views.

    In any case. Say you have a get 99'd. An injured team mate is running to it. Nobody is there to open it and the injured one is in a chase. They die because the gate wasn't opened. Who screwed who over?

    Yeah, it goes both ways, bub. Now stop being so toxic and have a civil discussion.

    Who said I was toxic? I was being civil.

    If you can't deal with someone's opinion then the forums aren't for you

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073201#Comment_1073201

    Who said I was toxic? I was being civil.

    If you can't deal with someone's opinion then the forums aren't for you

    "I could care less about your opinion" - Yes, totally civil. I have no issues with opinions. That's why, unlike you, I haven't been confrontational. EDIT: Great job ignoring my point though. OMEGALUL

    lol.

  • @McLightning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1072987#Comment_1072987

    So dismissive of opposing views.

    In any case. Say you have a get 99'd. An injured team mate is running to it. Nobody is there to open it and the injured one is in a chase. They die because the gate wasn't opened. Who screwed who over?

    Yeah, it goes both ways, bub. Now stop being so toxic and have a civil discussion.

    i'm agree

  • @McLightning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073204#Comment_1073204

    "I could care less about your opinion" - Yes, totally civil. I have no issues with opinions. That's why, unlike you, I haven't been confrontational. EDIT: Great job ignoring my point though. OMEGALUL

    lol.

    "OMEGALUL" Maybe not speak like a Twitch chat? Pls

  • Still can't address my point. Shame. :(

  • Ok buckeroo.

    If you 99 a gate and then proceed to leave it then it's a bad play. You should ALWAYS stand by that 99ed gate until the chased survivor has went down and you go to help.

    That's how you deal with your point. If that scenario happens then that's just unlucky

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073238#Comment_1073238

    Ok buckeroo.

    If you 99 a gate and then proceed to leave it then it's a bad play. You should ALWAYS stand by that 99ed gate until the chased survivor has went down and you go to help.

    That's how you deal with your point. If that scenario happens then that's just unlucky

    If you're standing by the gate, how are you going for the save that you 99'd the gate to have time to go do? Is someone else standing at the other gate that is also 99'd?

    What if the killer downs someone, and spots someone else, injures them, and chases them toward the door, but the door is closed? What if they are on death hook and the 99'd door being closed got them killed?

  • @McLightning said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073262#Comment_1073262

    If you're standing by the gate, how are you going for the save that you 99'd the gate to have time to go do? Is someone else standing at the other gate that is also 99'd?

    What if the killer downs someone, and spots someone else, injures them, and chases them toward the door, but the door is closed? What if they are on death hook and the 99'd door being closed got them killed?

    Jesus, stuff like that doesn't happen on a constant basis.

    Just stop it, I'm not Charles Xavier ๐Ÿ™„

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1073291#Comment_1073291

    Jesus, stuff like that doesn't happen on a constant basis.

    Just stop it, I'm not Charles Xavier ๐Ÿ™„

    Neither does Blood Warden.

    o/

    ๐Ÿ˜Š

  • i'm still a noob player in dbd, but i learn how to take a long chased with the killer. basically i just play carefully without notice the killer and focus a gens but sometimes there's a pro player who challenges the killer like they stupidly jump into the window or hide/open the closet to lure the killer chased them. But when we all killed they say a mean word to us, to the noob player. i still don't know why, i mean, you should carry the noob when you lure the killer to you so why arguing it when end of the game? and sometimes i laugh a lot when the pro killed first because they cannot take a long chased with the killer. i was like "wellp you started it dude, goodbye:)"

  • I have definitely died at least twice because people's 99d the gates and weren't there to open it while I was being chased.

  • Please don't revive year old threads..