What were they thinking with doctor rework?

Yes he was annoying before but now he’s just insufferable. Just played a round against him and it was not fun in the least. Also, is he faster now? Nobody could loop him as he caught up right away without any effort. I thought the whole nerf/rework patch was based on him being annoying? So they made him extra annoying or what?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • im amazed how many people took the bait...

  • IDK, i think the doctor needs nerfed, there is no real way to counter him... hes got way too much going for him and its just not enjoyable at all and its even worse when you have to face him every game rn.

    He gets his four perks like every killer and then he has more perks to his individual power...

    He can reveal our location

    Hallucinations doctor and pallets (add-on tho)

    Skill check placement

    The line goes clockwise and counterclockwise for the skill checks

    Madness III - scream intermittently, can't do anything until we snap out of it (time waster)

    If shocked cant throw down pallets if the doctor knows what he is doing which red rank ppl do... also cant use DH

    He's also fast for having all these perks

    I've been depipping... there is just no real way to counter him... hiding in lockers isnt as good as some think... he is just no fun and no i dont bully killers... thats not my kind of fun

    I'd love to see the ppl's gameplay against him that say this is balanced (against a good red rank doctor obviously)... and "git gud" replies just lets me know I'm right... He's the only killer I've come on here and ranted about.

  • As a survivor main I like the new challenge, before the rework he was one of the easier killers to face but now he's a challenge. Honestly tho I've escaped more than I've died to him and that comes down to good gameplay and skills more than anything. I'm a rank 1 survivor currently btw. When I face him I just make sure to get distance before he shocks me otherwise it's probably a free hit. If ur looping him and he's about to shock u at the pallet just drop it as he's charging it up. U just have to adapt. If 5 games go your way then u face doctor and die, you should probably try to figure out what works against him and how to counter his abilities. U just have to develop strategies. He's definitely more powerful than before but I feel it was needed.

  • That's my problem with this game. Every time a change comes around that makes 1 killer better to play as, there's always survivors that want to just bully killers so they beg for nerfs just so they can keep their fragile ego intact. How about instead of begging for nerfs, you get used to the changes, realise that you're not supposed to escape every single game and not cry on the forums annoying most people in here with 1 post. Jesus christ man, grow up.

  • I don't think 'thinking' is the right word when it comes to most of decisions.

  • @ppo8820 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1055108#Comment_1055108

    Aw is someone pressed? Wanting killer to stay easy? Or just projecting their own insecurity onto random people behind the safety of their computer? Either option makes you pathetic. Do better.

    you sound like a bitchy entitled survivor main...as someone who plays both sides equally at rank 1...SOLO Q...that speaks volumes.

  • @0mikeya0 said:

    IDK, i think the doctor needs nerfed, there is no real way to counter him... hes got way too much going for him and its just not enjoyable at all and its even worse when you have to face him every game rn.

    He gets his four perks like every killer and then he has more perks to his individual power...

    He can reveal our location

    Hallucinations doctor and pallets (add-on tho)

    Skill check placement

    The line goes clockwise and counterclockwise for the skill checks

    Madness III - scream intermittently, can't do anything until we snap out of it (time waster)

    If shocked cant throw down pallets if the doctor knows what he is doing which red rank ppl do... also cant use DH

    He's also fast for having all these perks

    I've been depipping... there is just no real way to counter him... hiding in lockers isnt as good as some think... he is just no fun and no i dont bully killers... thats not my kind of fun

    I'd love to see the ppl's gameplay against him that say this is balanced (against a good red rank doctor obviously)... and "git gud" replies just lets me know I'm right... He's the only killer I've come on here and ranted about.

    Is that ur second account ppo?

  • Any killer that cannot be looped for at least 5 minutes is OP clearly. There is a reason people like @ppo8820 complain most about nurse, spirit, Freddy and now doc... they do not play by the base formula

    1. see killer coming
    2. head to safe loop
    3. proceed to loop three times then move on to next safe loop during pallet break
    4. rinse repeat
  • prob is...just like on reddit when ppl upvote themselves on alt accounts LOL

    Funny ppl complain about docs time wasting aspects...umm...thats the point so you are not mindlessly gen rushing...survivors say "give us other things to do" and then want to do nothing but gen rush and finish a game as quick as possible.

  • @johnmwarner said:

    Any killer that cannot be looped for at least 5 minutes is OP clearly. There is a reason people like @ppo8820 complain most about nurse, spirit, Freddy and now doc... they do not play by the base formula

    1. see killer coming
    2. head to safe loop
    3. proceed to loop three times then move on to next safe loop during pallet break
    4. rinse repeat

    so bland and dumb...i dont see what survivors get out of this mindless #########

  • @danph7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058164#Comment_1058164

    so bland and dumb...i dont see what survivors get out of this mindless #########

    Winning, that’s what they get. They have practiced looping and learned which loops are strongest so they have become accustomed to safety. When something takes away that feeling they can either adjust and learn another play style OR whine and call for nerfs

  • @johnmwarner said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058167#Comment_1058167

    Winning, that’s what they get. They have practiced looping and learned which loops are strongest so they have become accustomed to safety. When something takes away that feeling they can either adjust and learn another play style OR whine and call for nerfs

    i see some survivors who are actually good but alot of them think they are good when they are just in good EZ no skill loop spots

  • I agree with this. he's actually more frustrating now than before. Now that he doesn't have to switch, all the doc has to do is shock you and now you can't throw the pallet, can't vault windows, can't deadhard, can't get an unhook properly... I get that he needed a buff, but his shock therapy needs an adjustment. Shock blast doesn't bother me - it's honestly just the fact that he can shock me and it stops my unhook no matter the progress. That's the most infuriating part for me. I know he always had the ability, so I'm not complaining about that, but make it so he can't stop an unhook from happening mid unhook.

  • @ppo8820 said:

    Yes he was annoying before but now he’s just insufferable. Just played a round against him and it was not fun in the least. Also, is he faster now? Nobody could loop him as he caught up right away without any effort. I thought the whole nerf/rework patch was based on him being annoying? So they made him extra annoying or what?

    hes still loopable with a little brains. You cant counter his power by looping unsafe pallets anymore, as it absolutely should be.

  • @Bullywully said:

    doc is definately harder to go against now. He's also a lot more annoying somehow.

    I like to play as him but i don't like versus him.

    Probably too many killers playing doctor doesnt help cause it's not fun to have so many doc matches.

    calm spirit makes him almost useless...ive seen alot of ppl using it

  • @kazzymoyashi said:

    I agree with this. he's actually more frustrating now than before. Now that he doesn't have to switch, all the doc has to do is shock you and now you can't throw the pallet, can't vault windows, can't deadhard, can't get an unhook properly... I get that he needed a buff, but his shock therapy needs an adjustment. Shock blast doesn't bother me - it's honestly just the fact that he can shock me and it stops my unhook no matter the progress. That's the most infuriating part for me. I know he always had the ability, so I'm not complaining about that, but make it so he can't stop an unhook from happening mid unhook.

    i think its fine...dont unhook when hes right there...the point of the game is unhooking teammates SAFELY...and BT is not supposed to be used intentionally and even then Doc has to be close to shock you...just time your unhooks better

  • @Bullywully said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058282#Comment_1058282

    usually they trow the pallet down the second they are in a chase

    well ppl do this to prevent getting hit from a shock or in general if you are running spirit fury or nemesis they will do that #########

  • @danph7 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058153#Comment_1058153

    prob is...just like on reddit when ppl upvote themselves on alt accounts LOL

    Funny ppl complain about docs time wasting aspects...umm...thats the point so you are not mindlessly gen rushing...survivors say "give us other things to do" and then want to do nothing but gen rush and finish a game as quick as possible.

    No I'm just someone looking for the best way to counter him because theres not much you can do, but I read some things that may help and Im going to try to adapt to those, but my opinion stands. I feel he's got a lot going for him... This is the only killer I've ever really had problem with...

    I've never said I want something else to do other than gens btw, but I don't mind if there is something else to do... I was just listing what the doc can do...

    *If you cannot have a mature discussion on this please don't reply*


  • @0mikeya0 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1058165#Comment_1058165

    No I'm just someone looking for the best way to counter him because theres not much you can do, but I read some things that may help and Im going to try to adapt to those, but my opinion stands. I feel he's got a lot going for him... This is the only killer I've ever really had problem with...

    I've never said I want something else to do other than gens btw, but I don't mind if there is something else to do... I was just listing what the doc can do...

    *If you cannot have a mature discussion on this please don't reply*


    you havent even given enough time to learn him and you are saying hes the only one you have problems with...give it 2-3 weeks first...dont make judgments so quick

    i was stating the majority consensus...most ppl say they want other objectives

    a mature discussion is realizing the pros and cons of both sides instead of only thinking about one side and calling for nerfs on that side without realizing how to make it fun for both parties

1 2 ›