Is unbreakable op and toxic?

I had a baby leatherface with a slugging build who had us all slugged so i picked myself up and did the last gen and gave everyone adrenaline and we all escaped. He called me a toxic bi*ch and to #########. So what are your opinions on unbreakable?

Tagged: Trusted

Comments

  • it's fine I guess it's really annoying to go against but I wouldnt say its imbalanced per say.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    I had a baby leatherface with a slugging build who had us all slugged so i picked myself up and did the last gen and gave everyone adrenaline and we all escaped. He called me a toxic bi*ch and to #########. So what are your opinions on unbreakable?

    Adrenaline is prolly the more powerful perk

    But noed is adrenalines counter so I'd rather keep both as they are

  • I gotta ask - How did a 'baby Leatherface" slug your team?

  • @Raccoon said:

    I gotta ask - How did a 'baby Leatherface" slug your team?

    Well one of our teammates afked on shack pallet which resulted in her and dwight getting chainsawed cause he couldent go through the pallet and then a failed cj tech by nea then i ran him for as long as i could and for some reason he went to look for the others before picking me up (he wasent using that perk that lets u see slugged survivors)

  • @DoctorShockBoi said:

    Signing on is toxic.

    I guess we're all getting banned for being toxic :D

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1042577#Comment_1042577

    I think he's essentially just saying that players shouldn't be able to hard-counter a hard-counter.

    So Spirit shouldn't use Stridor?

  • The only one being toxic would be that Leatherface. He just couldn't stand the fact that you outsmarted him and destroyed his slugging strategy.

  • Only thing I'm finding as toxic is the body blocking while I'm trying to hook someone. So in response once I hooked someone I just stood there until they died. Fighting toxic with toxic. I felt bad and send them a sorry message and got met with OK boomer lol.

  • @Respectfulnancymain said:

    I had a baby leatherface with a slugging build who had us all slugged so i picked myself up and did the last gen and gave everyone adrenaline and we all escaped. He called me a toxic bi*ch and to #########. So what are your opinions on unbreakable?

    Nope. It’s a good perk that only works if killer is greedy, so it’s on the killer of you get up. He’s just mad he lost despite playing like crap. Happens all the time but no, you weren’t toxic.

  • Ask DudeDelicious. But I suppose the difference would be that Stridor doesn't make the Spirit's power impossible to counter, in the way that Unbreakable makes DS impossible to counter.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1048208#Comment_1048208

    Ask DudeDelicious. But I suppose the difference would be that Stridor doesn't make the Spirit's power impossible to counter, in the way that Unbreakable makes DS impossible to counter.

    Unbreakable is a one time use only so you can just wait and smack them back down

  • @DepressedClownMain said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1048672#Comment_1048672

    Unbreakable is a one time use only so you can just wait and smack them back down

    Possibly. Again, my original comment was just trying to clarify someone else's point, so please don't make me defend a stance that isn't necessarily mine to begin with 😅

  • Lol, unbreakable is neither OP or toxic. You can run Unbreakable for 10 consecutive games and never even be able to use it once. About the only way you can "force" the killer to not pick you up is to break hooks and get dropped far away from an available hook. But that is generally a bad strategy. Unbreakable is one of those perks that the vast majority of the time will not pay off. But it has the potential to completely change the course of a game like in the OP's story. That is atypical though.

  • @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1048698#Comment_1048698

    Possibly. Again, my original comment was just trying to clarify someone else's point, so please don't make me defend a stance that isn't necessarily mine to begin with 😅

    @Fibijean said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1048698#Comment_1048698

    Possibly. Again, my original comment was just trying to clarify someone else's point, so please don't make me defend a stance that isn't necessarily mine to begin with 😅

    "Unbreakable makes DS impossible to counter" oh sorry that seemed like a statement you made

  • Unbreakable is fine, he's just an angry boi

  • As a man who frequently slugs if I'm sweating for the 4k unbreakable is just the price you pay for the sin of greed. If you use unbreakable to turn the tide and win I won't be that mad. I'll respect your pro gamer move. Let's be real, more often than not you just end up prolonging the inevitable with it. It's similar to NOED for me, there's no way to know for sure they have either until it happens, they both can punish greed or arrogance on the other side, and you either do the counter play to be safe or you risk getting bamboozled.

  • @Bamallamadingdong said:

    If you're running it with DS then I suppose there could be an argument for calling it toxic, but outside of that I would say no. Unbreakable is definitely one of if not the strongest survivor perks in the game but imo it isn't toxic all by itself as it is only there to counter slugging which in itself isn't a fun strat on the survivor's part.

    Scott Jund had an Oni game he posted to YouTube a couple days ago where he complained about Unbreakable because it stops survivors from being punished for their mistakes. This sort of argument has never really clicked with me, mostly because I've never been as puritan on non skill based gameplay the same way a lot of big streamers are. Sure it's cool when you outplay your opponent but I've never felt like DbD is the sort of game where perks like dead hard or DS or NOED just don't belong. This game isn't an esport, it's never going to be.

    I think Jund's point was more that there's no way for a killer to know a survivor has the perk until they use it. DS can be inferred from heir behavior such as going in lockers, Dead Hard can be baited or waited for with minimal losses, but Unbreakable is completely undetectable until used. It's not about needing to be perfectly competitive or an escort, it's just not fun to have happen to you when you know there's really nothing you can do about it.

    Now that's not to say it shouldn't exist or do the function it does, I'm just clarifying his point of view as I understand it.

  • @xenofon13 said:

    Unbreakable is a top perk against slugging/boring Must 4k killers.

    Combining it with flip flop is fun because you can wiggle out if others body block

  • @Blueberry said:

    Toxic? Not at all

    The only time it gets to be "OP" is when it's getting combined with DS, BT etc and the second chance perks gets all stacked on top of each other x4. That's more an issue with other perks and game balance though than it is Unbreakable.

    Second, third and fourth chance perks are ok to stack since it only annoys the killer. But we cant have them for killers..No. No. No and NO!

1 2 ›