Killers are tunneling. Survivors are flying through gens. No one is having fun.

Devs really let the flood gates open by nerfing Ruin without fixing the underlying problem. I mostly play survivor, but play killer some too. The fun factor has been torpedoed on both sides. I hope it has been worth it in your quest for new survivor players, devs.

Comments

  • "Killers are tunneling.... survivors are whining.... gens are flying, people are lying, killers are crying too......

    Springwood is hidden....Doctor's bug ridden.....the whole game's gone to hell but how are you?

    I'M SUPER. SO THANKS FOR ASKING! ALL THINGS CONSIDERED THE GAME COULDN'T BE BETTER I MUST SAY! "

    ⁽ˢʰᵒᵘᵗᵒᵘᵗ ᵗᵒ ᵃˡˡ ᵗʰᵉ ᵒᵗʰᵉʳ ⁹⁰ˢ ᵏᶦᵈˢ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʳᵉᵐᵉᵐᵇᵉʳ ᵗʰᵃᵗ ʰᵃʰᵃ⁾

  • @avilmask said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1041802#Comment_1041802

    it’s fun for the killer but not the survivor

    I wouldn't say "fun", more like "more satisfying", because it's a compromise to a game going too quick with not return.

    You arnt suppose to get 4ks or 3ks every game you all need to except there are people better than you nuff said.

  • I will admit the gen rush is real I play killer too but seriously camping and tunneling pick one Not both it sucks to lose 3 or 4 matches due to tunneling or camping regardless I’m not blaming the people I’m blaming the devs they want to fix bandaid issues when we have bigger problems

  • I feel like ruin was basically a guaranteed 4k though. People actually have to work for it now, and 4ks still aren't that uncommon. It's just not as easy.

    I personally make it a goal to get at least 2 people per game. If I get extra, cool, but I'm not going to be upset if I don't.

    That being said, from a survivor's perspective, I do feel games go a bit fast. They should slow gen times a bit.

  • I cannot see how hardcamping is even something in the killer's mind (assuming you hardcamp at the start of the game). If you camp, you are going to get genrushed (if the survivors have a quarter of their brain active). There's no point in trying to save a camped survivor. So actually your kill had little to none effect on the trial.

    If you instead hook (or slug) a survivor, and then you keep patrolling gens, that's going to give you more map pressure and you will actually force them to split to unhook the survivor you left. That's 2 people doing gens. By the time all that happens, you could possibly catch those 2 survs.

    I believe the new Ruin was made with this playstyle in mind. Force them to leave the gens they are working on so the regression can start asap.

  • @PigMainClaudette said:

    Survivors are flying through gens because killers are camping and tunnelling more.

    Killers are tunnelling and camping because generators are going too quick.

    Old ruin was a problem. It only really punished new players. And the devs themselves said it was used too often to get any sort of meaningful data.

    I'm the same way with how I play, but I must confess, it feels like most of thr community problems are being perpetuated by the killers, and those especially who play killer way more than survivor.

    I personally find it's stemming more from Basement Bubba's, Insta-saw Billies, stealth camping GF's, any campers and tunnellers who also play any killers.

    Lol what is this bait I smell

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043445#Comment_1043445

    Don't really see your point here. It's still more effective to hit your greats on a gen by yourself like @Waffleyumboy said.

    My point was that I it's better to split survivors to force them to work on separate gens, you can get three hooks before the first gen pops if you know what you're doing.

  • @Nuba said:

    I cannot see how hardcamping is even something in the killer's mind (assuming you hardcamp at the start of the game). If you camp, you are going to get genrushed (if the survivors have a quarter of their brain active). There's no point in trying to save a camped survivor. So actually your kill had little to none effect on the trial.

    If you instead hook (or slug) a survivor, and then you keep patrolling gens, that's going to give you more map pressure and you will actually force them to split to unhook the survivor you left. That's 2 people doing gens. By the time all that happens, you could possibly catch those 2 survs.

    I believe the new Ruin was made with this playstyle in mind. Force them to leave the gens they are working on so the regression can start asap.

    I think so too, that's why the new ruin is pretty good if you are playing high mobility killers like Billy and Wraith.

  • @Xerge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043472#Comment_1043472

    My point was that I it's better to split survivors to force them to work on separate gens, you can get three hooks before the first gen pops if you know what you're doing.

    It's more efficient for all survivors to be on separate gens. 33.3 for 3 gens takes 99.9 seconds. If all survivors were to hop on a gen alone if they found one, you'd complete 3 gens in 80 seconds. Not to mention, you're far more difficult to pressure because of how separated you are.

  • @deadbyhitbox said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043585#Comment_1043585

    It's more efficient for all survivors to be on separate gens. 33.3 for 3 gens takes 99.9 seconds. If all survivors were to hop on a gen alone if they found one, you'd complete 3 gens in 80 seconds. Not to mention, you're far more difficult to pressure because of how separated you are.

    That's why you shouldn't chase the same survivor for more than 50-60 seconds.

  • @Xerge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043653#Comment_1043653

    That's why you shouldn't chase the same survivor for more than 50-60 seconds.

    Yeah. Too many don't know when to give up a chase and then blame their inability to let go on the game lol.

  • @Xerge said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043472#Comment_1043472

    My point was that I it's better to split survivors to force them to work on separate gens, you can get three hooks before the first gen pops if you know what you're doing.

    Sure, then you'll get 3 gens popped instead of 1 if they can loop decently. Smart thinkin'.

  • @AsePlayer said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1043585#Comment_1043585

    Sure, then you'll get 3 gens popped instead of 1 if they can loop decently. Smart thinkin'.

    Not if you know when it's smart to stop a chase.

  • I mean sure, however, at least 2 gens will pop then if you abandon chase and find someone else by that time. Instead of the proposed one gen in the corner of the map that you probably didn't want to protect anyways.

  • I'm still having fun.

    Maybe it's because I'm in green ranks as killer and rank 5 as survivor, but most games don't play out like people pretend they do.

    Most of my frustrations come from SWFs, crappy teamates, or BS like moris.

  • @darktrix said:

    So it's like Tuesday?

    Like that whenever Ruin was usually destroyed in under 60 seconds anyway. Now they can actually look at the problem without having a perk band-aid things up.

    At least the really cheese tactics like camping is less likely to have enough time to get more than one victim.

    Survivors do fly through gens - besides there being nothing else to really do, a killer can snowball at any time, so not getting enough gens done at a good pace is an eventual death sentence. Why they are end up rushed. About the only kind of survivor that has the luxury of screwing around is the 4 person SWF.

    In all the salt in this forum its nice to see someone who actually understands the game.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Wrong. I have seen ZERO difference in my games at rank 1 as a survivor.

    Your pants are on fire bro put them out.

  • Come one, come all, step right up and look at the new meta! With those gens popping so fast you're gonna want to plan and protect yourself! Show them true terror with the classic love from NOED! Afraid of last-minute loops? Fired Up is what ya need! Hey, and speaking of Freddy, that Blood Warden perk may just do the trick now that no other perks matter in 4-15 minute games! While we're at it, let's slap on a little Rancor just to show that one Survivor that the last five minutes were theirs but they won't escape this game. What's that? You want a hook or two before all the gens are done? Well, I suppose you can't go wrong with Bitter Murmur or a Tinkerer's. All squared up? Good. Go get 'em chu-... I mean "champ" and good luck in the fog!

  • You all act like ruin is your only saving grace. I never used ruin on any of my killers even when it was "good". I'm a rank 1 killer typically and I have had no more of an issue than before. If you are going against such good survivors then it wouldn't have mattered anyway they would just hit perfects the entire time anyway. Just adapt like any good killer would.

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Wrong. I have seen ZERO difference in my games at rank 1 as a survivor.

    It's not 'Wrong' if it doesn't correlate to you

  • @brokedownpalace said:

    Wrong. I have seen ZERO difference in my games at rank 1 as a survivor.

    This.

    OP:

    Guess what that's called?

    Doing your objective

    (Insert hard to swallow pills meme here.)

1 2 ›