Auric Cell Items and The Cosmetic Grind
I'm not to happy about the store setup in general. Think it needs alot of work with not making the cells so close to actual price margin. We all know about paying for cosmetics to fund games but those are ussually packs that cost 3$. To me this 10$ outfits is only selfish move seen from dbd. Saddens my heart cause they seemed like very giving company. I am not happy with store and want to share some numbers to those thinking on buying a cell pack. Also will share some numbers for those hoping to earn shard cosmetics.
SURVIVOR SIDE
Want to own all the cool auric cell only killer cosmetics. Well please buy three of the largest auric cell packs. It will cost...
150$ for 18,000 Auric Cells
But you will be left to splurge with..
720 Auric Cells because all survivor cosmetics costed 17,280 Auric Cells only
SHARD GRIND
Want to know info on player level can find it here
KILLER SIDE
Want to own all the cool auric cell only survivor cosmetics. Well please buy two of the largest auric cell packs and one of smallest packs. It will cost...
105$ for 12,500 Auric Cells
But you will be left to splurge with..
170 Auric Cells because all killer cosmetics costed 12,330 Auric Cells only
SURVIVOR SIDE
Want to own all the cool auric cell only killer cosmetics. Well please buy three of the largest auric cell packs. It will cost...150$ for 18,000 Auric Cells
But you will be left to splurge with..
720 Auric Cells because all survivor cosmetics costed 17,280 Auric Cells only
SHARD GRIND
Want to grind for some cosmetics. Well you only have too....
Play 579 Games
That is 5-15 Minutes a game
Play 2 days(48H15M) if your average game lasts 5 minutes
Play 4 days(96H30M) if your average game lasts 10 minutes
Play 6 days(144H45M) if your average game lasts 15 minutesThis will take you to loyalty LEVEL 100
Total Iredescent Shards earned is 25,220
You can buy now a purple outfit and green outfit after that grind. Actually not to bad of grind specially if not casual player.
Want to know info on player level can find it here
(I used a caculator for the rest of the numbers)
Tagged:
Mod
Comments
Ohhh noooo! The developers made content you have to grind or pay for.
It's almost like they're trying to encourage you to purchase it.
What a scam!
You don't need the clothing, therefore you can grind it out or pay up. They need to make money, it's how businesses exist.
The problem with this line of thought is that those thousands of hours are moot when it comes to shards.
The grind is real. New store has only been out a few months and it takes a REALLY long time to get shards. I played almost all day yesterday, probably like 50 games between killer/surv, and by the end of the day had just 2700 shards in my bank. And I was earning a lot of BP and pipping most games (or at least getting safety pip). You earn shards way too slow and the prices of stuff is WAY too high. I'm also not a fan of all the 'Auric Only' options, if they become purchasable with shards later cool, but I don't want to forced to pay for access to like half the cosmetics in the game.
Personally, I refuse to buy Auric Cells in their current state. The pricing is ridiculous. At the end of the day, they are just cosmetics... If they jack the prices up this high its probably less financially beneficial than if they resided with a lower price tag anyway. If cells go on sale, and it better be a pretty huge discount, I will likely splurge then and get the cosmetics I want.
SURVIVOR PRICE ADJUSTMENT
756 Auric Cells because all survivor cosmetics costed 19,494 Auric Cells only
SURVIVOR PRICE ADJUSTMENT
756 Auric Cells because all survivor cosmetics costed 19,494 Auric Cells only
I don't mind the prices. I'd be pretty mad if they lowered them because I've already bought skins
Black clothing is OP. So I'll buy those outfits. I actually like the customisation and how it can affect how you play the game... In any other game I'd wear dark clothes and be stealthy.
Auric cell option SHOULD exist for exclusive clothing. DBD is a business afterall and their goal is to earn money. Be happy it isn't a pay to win type of situation where auric cell only OP perks are available.
It's just cosmetics
The whole point of the shop is because we said we'd support the game financially by purchasing cosmetics. They literally gave us what we asked for.
I've probably said this before but I'll say this again. The prices are fine, if anything I'd be more for the idea of weekly deals for cosmetic sets similar to how the shrine of secrets work (probably only for cosmetics you can get with shards). Otherwise the cost is fine because odds are you aren't going to play absolutely every survivor and most likely not every killer so there's really no need to purchase all of the cosmetics you want in cash as the vast majority of them can be unlocked with shards while what I'll call 'exclusive skins' or special cases are auric cells only as they're the must haves of a character if you main them. The game itself is a one time purchase ontop of DLC's which are also one time purchases per account (which I must point out, all original DLC characters can be unlocked with shards). BHVR has been generous with us and already does a lot for us ingame by giving us licensed killers, producing new content every 6 weeks as part of their development schedule which includes new killers, survivors, maps and then also new skin weekly, all of which takes time and creativity to plan and money to create. It's absolutely fair in my opinion that the skins are more expensive as skins open a fair and honest way to create money off the game as much as possible to keep new content flowing while keeping the devs paid and the game maintained. If there is anything I'd rather see done with the auric cells I'd rather just see the price adjusted for characters to match the cost of a DLC (meaning buying characters with auric cells as currently it's a waste of money to do that rather than directly buy it) and potentially weekly deals.
I've probably said this before but I'll say this again. The prices are fine, if anything I'd be more for the idea of weekly deals for cosmetic sets similar to how the shrine of secrets work (probably only for cosmetics you can get with shards). Otherwise the cost is fine because odds are you aren't going to play absolutely every survivor and most likely not every killer so there's really no need to purchase all of the cosmetics you want in cash as the vast majority of them can be unlocked with shards while what I'll call 'exclusive skins' or special cases are auric cells only as they're the must haves of a character if you main them. The game itself is a one time purchase ontop of DLC's which are also one time purchases per account (which I must point out, all original DLC characters can be unlocked with shards). BHVR has been generous with us and already does a lot for us ingame by giving us licensed killers, producing new content every 6 weeks as part of their development schedule which includes new killers, survivors, maps and then also new skin weekly, all of which takes time and creativity to plan and money to create. It's absolutely fair in my opinion that the skins are more expensive as skins open a fair and honest way to create money off the game as much as possible to keep new content flowing while keeping the devs paid and the game maintained. If there is anything I'd rather see done with the auric cells I'd rather just see the price adjusted for characters to match the cost of a DLC (meaning buying characters with auric cells as currently it's a waste of money to do that rather than directly buy it) and potentially weekly deals.
You know why the Hag, Doctor, Clown, Ace, Feng and Kate are available for free via Iridescent Shards?
Because the Cosmetic Store now exists.
You know why the devs have promised that every single new un-licensed character can be purchased for free via Irdiescent Shards?
Because the Cosmetic Store now exists.
They are a company. They have to make money somehow. It's either pricey cosmetics and free content, or pricey content and free cosmetics.
Your pick.
I understand they have to make money somehow but cosmetics that can only be bought with auric cells are a little too pricey....
Some long time committed DBD players don’t mind buying the cosmetics no matter how expensive they are because they’ve been waiting for this for a really long time and have grown tired of wearing the same P3 clothing...
However, it might turn away new people from buying it because they’re too expensive and there’s been a LOT of new people ever since this game became free.
I think they should lower the prices a bit and a lot more people will buy it or make the cosmetics into bundles like they did with the headcase.
Sorry if I’m talking out of my ass, I’m a PS4 player and I’m aware that it’s different platform wise...
I´m still waiting for an actual Ninja Suit.
But it´ll probably be part of the next chapter.
And of course it'll go to Claudette.
Maybe it´s for the new survivor.
Of Flesh and Mud, and Spark of Madness are indeed paid DLC on PC. I believe they are free on consoles because the game by default costs more than it does on PC.
Only a small portion of the cosmetics are Auric Cells only, and most of them already have one or two other variants that can be bought with Iridescent Shards.
I don't mind paying the occasional $10 for great cosmetics if it allows BHVR to keep churning out new characters which are available for free.
$10 for a full purple skin is fine price for me. Same with shards price - playing for 2-3 hrs daily i managed to unlock full purple skin a week ago, so 2-3 months per BEST rarity of skins is not bad.
For example LoL charges from $5 to $25 per skin. So DBD prices are totally fair to my mind.
Maybe you shouldn't be such a greedy ######### then lol, I main 1 killer and play on average 4 killers regularly and Feng Min.
Curious if you commented on any other game Like League (nope you can't buy skins you want for play time in that) lets use Overwatch then, that's seems better, wait no it's random too.... I'll find something. OW actually does do it for dbl rolls and playtime award gold, but BHVR is not Blizzard.
I don't know why you want all the cosmetics, and as for playing for stuff in shops, you can buy 2 full outfits for 100+ hrs I don't think that's that bad. I assume as they add new stuff a bit down the line, the older stuff may get reduced, personally I'm happy if I get decent Hag/Trapper stuff and Feng gear.
If you don't have money to throw into a game, most of us can understand that, but getting pissy over the prices isn't the correct way to go about it, I paid £7 for the new Hag cosmetic, they more than likely spent 5+ days creating and implementing it into the system, assuming 1k of the 20k people buy it, that's £7k for all the stuff, may seem alot to us, but not that much to a company.
I just started playing a few weeks ago It is a grind. Even to level up and i"m glad that bloodpoints can't be purchased. You can't expect everything for free. Some people have been playing this game for years already so yes they will have better items. They already give us some dlc's for "free" which you can unlock by playing the game with shards so as the perks in the shrine if you don't want to level up a character to lvl 30/35/40. Cosmetic doesn't affect your performance in game. It's up to you if you want to spend money on it or not to look cool.
They have to fund the game, but they can get really expensive new game or some new outfits? Oh look Spiderman, RE2 remake, The last of us 2 are coming out.
Well I can't comment on fairness of console shops, I assume they follow the same cash shop prices 6k Aulric for £37 which is $50. I'm curious why you'd talk about completion on a game that has cash cosmetics, since you said you don't know the games I mentioned I find it hard to draw you a comparison.
Let me put it this way, you're supporting the game with your daily grind and keeping the number up in the statistic of online games, this is great, like a lurker in twitch channels, this view counts and they're very happy to have you there. Another person on this same chat can do what you can do, but also afford to give out many gifts as subscriptions, both of you are helping this channel, yet they're spending money to support them more.
Twitch awards these people with badges in the chat, assuming there was no difference from the person gifting and the person being gifted, there would be nothing to make him stand out, therefor no reason for him to do such a thing to help the person other than kindness of his/her heart.
Back to DBD they have created lots of cheap and different colourings of the base gear and some pricer completely new outfits, should the person not wanting to to pay out money to support the game have access to everything that a person that is more than willing to pay the money get? ofcourse not, in terms of cosmetics, in terms of content then yes 100%
Again games with cash shops shouldn't have 100% completion goals, nothing wrong with it, I love the game, but I play Feng only, so I will not be buying Meg or Claudette stuff. And for the burger analogy, in the UK every place has your cheap meals and your expensive meals, McD's has the £1 burgers or the £7-9 meal (burger cost around £4-5)
Exactly. It's not about the grind it's about the ridiculous pricing for sub-par outfits.
(if you dont want to know what happens at deovtion dont read m8)
I dont mean to ######### on your parade but absolutely nothing happens at devotion. You just go back to level 1 and gain a devotion
yea im just hoping that maybe in the future theyll give people who have devotion some cool things but till then i shall find solice in my 1 deovtion.....
In general when it comes to purchasable cosmetics in games, they're usually way too expensive considering they're digital, and the company have no extra costs directly associated with that partically item, once it has been paid for, produced and set up in the digital shop - they will never need a large warehouse to store those digital items in, and they can litterally keep producing it without having to do a thing once it's all set up in their digital store, due to digital automation. So to be fair, digital cosmetics are way too expensive in most games - when you can spend way more on the cosmetics than you can on the game and it's expansions, then something isn't right.
I will say this though, it's always a good thing to have the option to be able to pay for it with real currency as opposed to virtual currency that you've worked to optain, like through grinding - and vice versa.
If prices were lower, I'm sure more would buy, it would just mean more sales volume as opposed less sales volume but with the same amount of profit, with the former more people would be happier and would have more fun.
And with regards to the incentitive to get auric cells - with the auric cells only cosmetics, shouldn't really be necessary because at level 100 you would've gained 25,220 Shards, which will be gone rather quick if used on cosmetics, and as far as I know, you won't be gaining more shards afterwards. Plus also this assuming the player doesn't use shards on the Shrine of Secrets either.
I look at the ps4 store and also got to realize there not doing as bad as fanboys think they are. What are the most popular purchases. 1. Fortnite V-Buck 2. Fifa 19 Card Pack 3. GTA V 4. Dead by Daylight 500 Auric Cell Pack. Keep in mind its canadian ps4 store and canadian company. But i don't see them doing bad money wise. They beat god of war on launch day in japan cause people wanted dbd more. Im sure theses auric cell packs are selling like hot cakes. Like you said its digital easy to make. They also would make even more if they didn't overcharge. These practices are anti consumer and only rely on the one dumb purchase model. Not the model i bought something at a fair value. 3$ for 3+ Outfits is standard in marketplace. I would be fine if they made each big outfit 3$. Given it is still unfairly priced in that aspect too. I think i would be okay with 3$ auric cell only outfits. And give 5$ to licensed killer outfits. Though still should be a 3 outfit set in both cases. I would gladly pay for that. Cause i rather feel ripped of by 3 times its value rather then 6 times its value.
People say its to make content free to earn. Thats not a new practice and best companies do that with supporter packs. Glad there is people like you who don't got to find reasons to glorify every action they do.
I want to leave on this note 1 million pennies is worth more then 1 thousand dollars.
If you truly love dbd and want to see success in it. You would want it to have more money by appealing to consumers so that everyone is buying packs from them.
For Honor
Dead By Daylight
Why the hell do you necro a 5 month old thread...