Mini DS rework Idea

Since the devs said something about looking into DS and how it can be used as a 1min immunity to do gens and such. I got a change idea that both buffs and nerfs the perk at the same time

  1. DS has UNLIMITED time to be activated after being unhooked, or lasts a lot longer (devs choice)
  2. DS is automatically disabled when another survivor gets hooked or you are the last survivor alive
  3. DS still has 1 use per match

this removes the strategy of using your DS to unhook someone, if you kobe as the last person alive it doesn't give you a free DS strike, since the perk will de-activate when you are the last one alive. you can still slug someone who might have DS. this will be a pure anti- tunneling perk and nothing more. a killer wont be able to tunnel by waiting the 60 seconds but this will also encourage killers to not tunnel and not be punished if they hooked someone else then find the unhooked person before their DS timer is up

Comments

  • PicsArt_01-25-05.26.42.jpg

    I seen this awhile back and saved it because I hate ds still lol I hook someone. Hook someone else and find that person again and get hit by ds. Hate it lol

  • Unlimited so if you are hooked and two mins passed and we caught you u get ds slow claps 👏

    What it should be its like killer proximity related or something like that.

  • @Primalux135 said:

    Unlimited so if you are hooked and two mins passed and we caught you u get ds slow claps 👏

    What it should be its like killer proximity related or something like that.

    You literally took ONE thing that they said lol read again. "or lasts a lot longer (devs choice)"

    Read the WHOLE thing before you judge lol

    It was an idea that he/she threw out and the devs could adjust from there.

    And just saying... "Unlimited so if you are hooked and two mins passed and we caught you u get ds slow claps 👏" that's dumb lol if you can only find ONE survivor in 2 minutes and it's the SAME survivor, you shouldn't be playing killer lol

  • @DoctorShockBoi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1033084#Comment_1033084

    You literally took ONE thing that they said lol read again. "or lasts a lot longer (devs choice)"

    Read the WHOLE thing before you judge lol

    It was an idea that he/she threw out and the devs could adjust from there.

    And just saying... "Unlimited so if you are hooked and two mins passed and we caught you u get ds slow claps 👏" that's dumb lol if you can only find ONE survivor in 2 minutes and it's the SAME survivor, you shouldn't be playing killer lol

    Maybe killer is newbie some SWF play ninja as hell.

  • Okay I'll give you that... blendette mains are scary lol

  • DS is fine just don’t tunnel, or leave them slugged.

  • Killer camps hook.

    Survivor A baits a hit to get other survivor B unhooked.

    Killer downs survivor A. and tunnels survivor B.

    Killer downs survivor B, and proceeds to hook survivor A.

    Survivor B loses DS.

    Rinse repeat.

    DS is fine as it is right now.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    DS is fine just don’t tunnel, or leave them slugged.

    Okay. You're not listening. You just sound like an entitled survivor main.

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Killer camps hook.

    Survivor A baits a hit to get other survivor B unhooked.

    Killer downs survivor A. and tunnels survivor B.

    Killer downs survivor B, and proceeds to hook survivor A.

    Survivor B loses DS.

    Rinse repeat.

    DS is fine as it is right now.

    But the whole slugging aspect is boring. When this happens to me, I let survivor B run and just hook survivor A.

    I've been rank 1 for awhile now and I have no problem keeping my rank. I'm confident in my ability to win. Now...

    I will say that ds needs to be more "anti-tunnel" and less "you cant get me"

    I've always hated slugging. It's boring for both sides.

    Downing survivor B and waiting for their ds is literally camping them AND the hook. That's boring.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    DS is fine just don’t tunnel, or leave them slugged.

    It's not really tunneling when you go after someone else, hook them, and then find the Survivor that was saved within 1 minute. It's also not tunneling if the Survivor goes for the save with BT, and DS.

  • @DoctorShockBoi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035507#Comment_1035507

    Okay. You're not listening. You just sound like an entitled survivor main.

    Why do killers always call for nerfs?

    Just dont tunnel and DS isn’t a problem

  • @Johnny_XMan said:

    Killer camps hook.

    Survivor A baits a hit to get other survivor B unhooked.

    Killer downs survivor A. and tunnels survivor B.

    Killer downs survivor B, and proceeds to hook survivor A.

    Survivor B loses DS.

    Rinse repeat.

    DS is fine as it is right now.

    So glad somebody else realises this.

    Killers with instadown like Billy camping the basement would be especially effective.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035568#Comment_1035568

    Why do killers always call for nerfs?

    Just dont tunnel and DS isn’t a problem

    What if you don't tunnel and still get DSed?

  • @DoctorShockBoi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035507#Comment_1035507

    Okay. You're not listening. You just sound like an entitled survivor main.

    YoU eNtiTleD sUrViVoR

  • Decisive Strike is a useless perk and is in need of a buff.

  • @Colton147 said:

    Decisive Strike is a useless perk and is in need of a buff.

    Dont smoke it pls.... you are done....

  • @SteelDragon said:

    Since the devs said something about looking into DS and how it can be used as a 1min immunity to do gens and such. I got a change idea that both buffs and nerfs the perk at the same time

    1. DS has UNLIMITED time to be activated after being unhooked, or lasts a lot longer (devs choice)
    2. DS is automatically disabled when another survivor gets hooked or you are the last survivor alive
    3. DS still has 1 use per match

    this removes the strategy of using your DS to unhook someone, if you kobe as the last person alive it doesn't give you a free DS strike, since the perk will de-activate when you are the last one alive. you can still slug someone who might have DS. this will be a pure anti- tunneling perk and nothing more. a killer wont be able to tunnel by waiting the 60 seconds but this will also encourage killers to not tunnel and not be punished if they hooked someone else then find the unhooked person before their DS timer is up

    They can just reduce the timer to 45 seconds and reduce the stun to 4 seconds to be in line with headon. If you are having that much trouble just slug...

  • @silverwolf4455 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/124098/mini-ds-rework-idea

    They can just reduce the timer to 45 seconds and reduce the stun to 4 seconds to be in line with headon. If you are having that much trouble just slug...

    reducing the stun would make the perk pretty useless. There's a reason they changed enduring to just be for pallet stuns. If the stun is reduced the survivor would just be Insta downed again.

    I never have issues with ds as a killer. just don't tunnel. If you're not tunnelling and still get ds then you're wiping the floor with them, so why complain?

  • @SleepyWillo said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035648#Comment_1035648

    reducing the stun would make the perk pretty useless. There's a reason they changed enduring to just be for pallet stuns. If the stun is reduced the survivor would just be Insta downed again.

    I never have issues with ds as a killer. just don't tunnel. If you're not tunnelling and still get ds then you're wiping the floor with them, so why complain?

    They increased the stun time because it was originally 3 seconds (1 second is stuck in the dropping animation) and enduring reduced it to 1. Something which was useless.


    A 4 second stun, would still give the survivor a 3 second stun after the animation. Which is plenty of time and in line with other perks like head on.

  • Or...just make it deactivate if they touch a gen. Problem solved.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035568#Comment_1035568

    Why do killers always call for nerfs?

    Just dont tunnel and DS isn’t a problem

    DS is the most impactful perk in the entire game. Even if you don't have it, Killers will respect it because they know that starting a chase all over again will cost them 2-3 gens, especially now.

  • I honestly don’t get why killers are in a rampage against DS. It’s the least problematic perk imo. You just go for the rescuer or slug and it deals with 99% of situations.

    Exhaustion perks and Adrenaline are much more frustrating. Last game I had I chase a survivor, they drop get balanced and sprint forward, I catch up and adrenaline kicks in and heals them and they boost off again. Literally hold forward gaming to waste all of the killers time.

    DS is a drop in the ocean compared to all that.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    I honestly don’t get why killers are in a rampage against DS. It’s the least problematic perk imo. You just go for the rescuer or slug and it deals with 99% of situations.

    Exhaustion perks and Adrenaline are much more frustrating. Last game I had I chase a survivor, they drop get balanced and sprint forward, I catch up and adrenaline kicks in and heals them and they boost off again. Literally hold forward gaming to waste all of the killers time.

    DS is a drop in the ocean compared to all that.

    I'd face a full DS squad over a full Adrenaline squad anyday, especially since I already don't tunnel.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035611#Comment_1035611

    DS is the most impactful perk in the entire game. Even if you don't have it, Killers will respect it because they know that starting a chase all over again will cost them 2-3 gens, especially now.

    Lol no. DS is not the most impactful perk in the game.

  • @DoctorShockBoi said:

    https://us.v-cdn.net/6030815/uploads/724/G5KWPRW0KG2S.jpg

    I seen this awhile back and saved it because I hate ds still lol I hook someone. Hook someone else and find that person again and get hit by ds. Hate it lol

    Idk why you're complaining about winning the match.

  • What is? What other perk is so universally respected that people would rather leave you to be picked up then tank it?

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035729#Comment_1035729

    What is? What other perk is so universally respected that people would rather leave you to be picked up then tank it?

    I see a lot of killers respect BT and DH as well. Heck, I've even seen killers do Adrenaline suck tech.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035767#Comment_1035767

    I see a lot of killers respect BT and DH as well. Heck, I've even seen killers do Adrenaline suck tech.

    True, but DH is skill-based. Their is Killer and Survivor interaction.

    BT is over-tuned in my opinion. Every time Legion gets nerfed, BT gets buffed.

    I've honestly never seen a Killer successfully do the Adrenaline tech, not gonna lie.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035785#Comment_1035785

    True, but DH is skill-based. Their is Killer and Survivor interaction.

    BT is over-tuned in my opinion. Every time Legion gets nerfed, BT gets buffed.

    I've honestly never seen a Killer successfully do the Adrenaline tech, not gonna lie.

    I don't see how BT is over-tuned, survivors who sit in a locker for 20 seconds will die. The mend time didn't need to be reduced imo, but other than that BT seems fine to me.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035819#Comment_1035819

    I don't see how BT is over-tuned, survivors who sit in a locker for 20 seconds will die. The mend time didn't need to be reduced imo, but other than that BT seems fine to me.

    It can be abused pretty heavily. The second your back is turned, someone saves and you have another 30-45 second chase where two gens will pop.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035828#Comment_1035828

    It can be abused pretty heavily. The second your back is turned, someone saves and you have another 30-45 second chase where two gens will pop.

    15 seconds is pretty short. The free hit really only comes into play if the killer is actually camping or just absentmindedly swinging. But I probably won't be able to convince you that BT is fine, because you have long since established your point of view.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035785#Comment_1035785

    True, but DH is skill-based. Their is Killer and Survivor interaction.

    BT is over-tuned in my opinion. Every time Legion gets nerfed, BT gets buffed.

    I've honestly never seen a Killer successfully do the Adrenaline tech, not gonna lie.

    Lol DH isnt skill based at all. A survivor runs forwards towards a pallet.....if they’re a few metres short they tap E and hey presto, a free pallet.

    BT at least serves a purpose of helping survivors that are being camped. Likewise DS helps those being tunneled. Exhaustion perks and adrenaline are just free time wasters for a survivor who isn’t being treat unfairly.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035831#Comment_1035831

    15 seconds is pretty short. The free hit really only comes into play if the killer is actually camping or just absentmindedly swinging. But I probably won't be able to convince you that BT is fine, because you have long since established your point of view.

    Yeah, you probably won't. I see how you think it's okay. What I'm saying is, I turn to leave the hook and when I'm a few meters away, they get saved. I can either hit the guy with BT, start a chase and likely get DS'd or I can hit the unhooker while being bodyblocked by the dude with BT and start a chase, losing 2 gens.

    It just seems like a lose-lose.

  • @ClickyClicky said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035819#Comment_1035819

    Lol DH isnt skill based at all. A survivor runs forwards towards a pallet.....if they’re a few metres short they tap E and hey presto, a free pallet.

    BT at least serves a purpose of helping survivors that are being camped. Likewise DS helps those being tunneled. Exhaustion perks and adrenaline are just free time wasters for a survivor who isn’t being treat unfairly.

    I disagree. If a Survivor guesses wrong with DH, they get smacked. If they guess right, they get a loop. Seems fair to me. BT is abused by people to get unsafe unhooks as soon as the Killer starts to walk away. It almost never comes into play vs actual campers.

    Same with DS. It really doesn't help if you are actually being tunneled.

  • @Pulsar said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035853#Comment_1035853

    Yeah, you probably won't. I see how you think it's okay. What I'm saying is, I turn to leave the hook and when I'm a few meters away, they get saved. I can either hit the guy with BT, start a chase and likely get DS'd or I can hit the unhooker while being bodyblocked by the dude with BT and start a chase, losing 2 gens.

    It just seems like a lose-lose.

    Yea a 15 second delay per unhook is a lot of time bought, but it can be circumvented completely by just proceeding as if the unhook didn't happen, and getting on with your business. Thanks for the civil discussion.

  • DS just needs deactivation conditions.

  • @DoctorShockBoi said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1035525#Comment_1035525

    But the whole slugging aspect is boring. When this happens to me, I let survivor B run and just hook survivor A.

    I've been rank 1 for awhile now and I have no problem keeping my rank. I'm confident in my ability to win. Now...

    I will say that ds needs to be more "anti-tunnel" and less "you cant get me"

    I've always hated slugging. It's boring for both sides.

    Downing survivor B and waiting for their ds is literally camping them AND the hook. That's boring.

    @DoctorShockBoi

    I'm just saying that, if all these people complain about it not being strictly an anti-tunnel perk, than they need to realize how sweaty killers play. Because slugging would then have to be addressed.

    Camping is boring, but it can become a strat... per the scenario I described. Many people camp even in red ranks. By camping I mean proxy/2-20 ft away/basically focusing on the hooked person no matter how far you are. Just making an observation of what it means, not that they can't do it.

    DS was already nerfed as it is. It was giving a bigger condition because you are guaranteed 1 hook before it procs. Whereas before you could use DS before your first hook. You can slug indefinitely and as much as you want... but nobody is talking about how this isn't an issue.