Giving free hooks
Do any of you do that? Giving killers free hooks when they played fairly whole match.
I am killer main and started playing survivor recently, so i know how can the game be frustrating for killers.
Basically if killer seems to not be very good in chases, but playing fairly i tend to give him free hooks, sometimes even kills.
I wonder, do any of you do that aswell?
Tagged:
Trusted
Comments
Hell no, if they play badly enough that they didn't catch me, then it's their opportunity to learn how different survivors move around. And they can learn to pressure other survivors, if one is too hard to catch, then find someone else who you can down really quickly.
Yes, I do that.
If a killer is struggling and doesn't resort to camping or tunneling, then I may give a free hook or sacrifice. There have been a few matches where I "messed up" at the exit gate because I felt bad for running them around so long during a match or because someone got a flashlight/pallet save. With the way matchmaking has been lately, I find myself going against rank 20 killers with one perk, and they have no chance against even rank 16 survivors.
I don't mind rewarding killers for playing in a way that's nice, otherwise they'll get frustrated and either stop playing nice or stop playing altogether.
Good to hear there are still people, whose only objective isn't to bully killers.
More people like you please.
yeah I do
Depends, more likely to do it if some silly shenanigans happened during the match. If a killer simply chases one survivor all match and never changes targets they sadly need to learn that they're doing something wrong the hard way. A lot of the time when a killer genuinely gets obviously screwed by matchmaking or something and just give up they actually refuse to hook me even if I offer myself to them, and I guess I can understand if they don't want "freebies" in those situations.
I will never go out of my way to pointlessly screw killers out of achievements they're obviously going for though. If a Myers manages to tombstone 3 people I'm not gonna hump lockers just to screw him over, more than likely I'll just spam a locker and nod at him as he comes over. And I've offered myself to killers that seem like they're going for an adept achievement when I'm the last alive several times as well.
I never used to give myself up in any way as I needed that BP, but I'm at the point where I basically have all the perks I want on killers and survivors alike, and I have considerable stashes of add-ons and items on the killers I play a lot and my preferred survivors.
Sometimes. I tend to do that if they're clearly new, because I want to encourage them, give them a fun match, and make them want to keep playing the game. Being run around all match and then watching everyone escape can be incredibly demoralising for new killers especially that don't understand what they did wrong. I generally let them hook me once or twice, and I may even let them kill me if I don't mind dying (read: if I don't have an item or a daily that requires me to survive). I don't make it obvious that I'm letting them win, though - I try to make it feel like they outplayed me, just to give them enough confidence in their own skills to keep trying.
Nope. Coddling them won't help. I do trade with my mate at the end if possible so everyone gets more points though.
Yet if a team played bad and the killer was able to get 3 kills there is a higher chance off the killer letting the 4th get the hatch, But you comment is gold ruin just got nerfed to make it easy for survivors instead of them learning how to beat it/counter it so i guess it's to hard for survivors to learn things but you want killers to learn how survivors move around?
mate
While I appreciate you wanting to encourage killers, especially if they are new. However, you are giving them a false expectation and not helping them learn. When they eventually do level and rank up they will not enjoy facing higher rank players. Not trying to come at any you or discourage people from playing, just my perspective.
I've given a few killers a free hook at the end usually when the team was SWF and they just taunted the poor killer to death. I've had killers that flat out refused to hook me so I chose the noble route of sacrafice to the EGC. Yeah, they may not learn but I'd rather they get some points than suffer with less
I have never seen a killer being mad over not giving him free hooks... Killers get mad at genrush, keys, hatch camping, toolboxes, getting looped, bad matchmaking, but never seen what you are talking about.
But I have seen surviviors complain about not getting hatch/free escape
Even if they get "carried" to higher ranks, it doesnt change anything, you can get matched vs red ranks as a yellow rank killer too
I don't do that, but I respect everyone doing this.
Killers complain about not getting free hooks all the time...also known as complaining about BT or DS stopping them from tunneling during end game.
Well, I never encoutered it myself...
But yeah, forgot about DS and BT, not that it changes anything, but you are right.
I do for reasons listed above.
Haha me neither but you really learn about the toxic aspects of dbd from the forums
Hi Archimedes,
Not really sure what you are referring to in my post and was hoping you can clarify. I took the majority of these responses to mean that the killer hasn’t been getting hooks all game and the survivors feel bad for them. If that is the case, I personally don’t support that. However, if other people choose to do that it is their choice. Really unsure when I indicated that a killer would be mad with this scenario.
If the killer has chased alot of the team and still didn't get any kills, I will offer up myself at the end, but if they are just chasing one person they cant catch just because their ego is hurt then I dont feel the need to give myself up lol JUST SWITCH TARGETS, try someone new, because then you just piss yourself off and give ahole survivors the opportunity to say Gg EZZZZZ you at the end lol