I dont understand why adrenalin works with the hatch closing but not rancor

It doesnt make sense to me both require the generators to be done.

Comments

  • How about don't use rancor?

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    How about don't use rancor?

    wow . once again you use a one liner lmao. what's new

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    How about don't use rancor?

    so use a mori ? ,got it .

  • Because Rancor specifies all the gens need to be completed. Also Rancor working on hatch would render the yellow mori pointless.

  • It's based on the wording of the perk. One activates when the gates are powered, one activates when the last generator is completed. When the hatch is closed, the generators are blocked (not completed) and the gates are powered, so Rancor does not activate. Meanwhile Adrenaline and NOED do because they're based on the gates being powered.

  • Rancor is really a pointless perk to run for the endgame effect. Noed applies to all survivors.

  • Yeah I wonder too. Actually I was suprised the first time I used rancor and couldnt mori after I closed the hatch. Imo if the devs aim for consistency they should make it work or make adrenaline not work with hatch closing.

  • That is a good question. I don't use rancor often so I never noticed this.

    If you close the hatch, and the last person is the obsession, it would make sense for it work.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Rancor is really a pointless perk to run for the endgame effect. Noed applies to all survivors.

    I'd rather use rancor than a mori.

  • @Peanits said:

    It's based on the wording of the perk. One activates when the gates are powered, one activates when the last generator is completed. When the hatch is closed, the generators are blocked (not completed) and the gates are powered, so Rancor does not activate. Meanwhile Adrenaline and NOED do because they're based on the gates being powered.

    is there a reason why rancor works like that ? just curious

  • @T2K said:

    Yeah I wonder too. Actually I was suprised the first time I used rancor and couldnt mori after I closed the hatch. Imo if the devs aim for consistency they should make it work or make adrenaline not work with hatch closing.

    They just explained why

  • @underlord99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025258#Comment_1025258

    is there a reason why rancor works like that ? just curious

    This is a good question, but I'm actually not sure about that. All of these perks existed before the EGC was created, so their function and wording was determined back when there was no difference. Nowadays, thanks to the EGC, there is actually a difference between the two.

  • could you link me or tell me where I find that explanation? I think I missed that

  • @underlord99 said:

    It doesnt make sense to me both require the generators to be done.

    No they don't actually.

    Adrenaline requires the gate to be powered (gates get powered after 5th gen or hatch close)

    Rancor requires the FINAL gen to be completed, not the gates to be powered.

    It's confusing, I know

  • @Peanits said:

    It's based on the wording of the perk. One activates when the gates are powered, one activates when the last generator is completed. When the hatch is closed, the generators are blocked (not completed) and the gates are powered, so Rancor does not activate. Meanwhile Adrenaline and NOED do because they're based on the gates being powered.

    Nah just more suvivor bias

  • @[Deleted User] said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025277#Comment_1025277

    I wondered about this too but didn’t bring it up so I’m thankful someone else did. Are there any plans to look into consistency for these perks?

    I don't think anyone is passionately against changing them, it's just fairly low priority since it wouldn't make a difference in the vast majority of matches and would take time away from other more pressing issues.

    You got me, the jig is up. We all sat around the table and thought making Rancor work differently from other killer and survivor perks was the best way to intentionally chase killer players away from the game. That's definitely a way more logical explanation.

  • @Peanits said:

    It's based on the wording of the perk. One activates when the gates are powered, one activates when the last generator is completed. When the hatch is closed, the generators are blocked (not completed) and the gates are powered, so Rancor does not activate. Meanwhile Adrenaline and NOED do because they're based on the gates being powered.

    Also Thank you for taking time out of your day to answer my question!

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025267#Comment_1025267

    This is a good question, but I'm actually not sure about that. All of these perks existed before the EGC was created, so their function and wording was determined back when there was no difference. Nowadays, thanks to the EGC, there is actually a difference between the two.

    Rancor was limited so it wouldnt give away the last person's position. After you close the hatch, the last person still has a chance to open a gate. If rancor gave that persons position away like it does when the last gen pops... they wouldnt have a chance.

  • Justice for rancor plz throw us killer players a little bone. Id like to be able to use The fun part of this perk slightly more often.

  • Thanks for answering peanits, I don't use rancor a lot but I ran into this for the first time the other day. Killed all but one survivor, found the hatch and closed it, saw scratch marks and it was the obsession so I thought "sweet, dope animation time" and they didn't go down in one hit so I was sad. Still killed him either way so it didn't affect me at all. I just wanted the animation

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025267#Comment_1025267

    This is a good question, but I'm actually not sure about that. All of these perks existed before the EGC was created, so their function and wording was determined back when there was no difference. Nowadays, thanks to the EGC, there is actually a difference between the two.

    Untitled Image


    Really? So killers get the short end of the stick because "well, regulations" meanwhile survivors get, Adrenaline, Hope, etc and all these other perks that work at endgame very well, such as DS


    But killers can't get Rancor? How exactly was there enough time to make sure these perks worked but not rancor? How difficult would it be to just code in a new condition for Rancor, surely not more than a day's work at best?

  • @BlueFang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025277#Comment_1025277

    https://i.redd.it/d5thibz82kt31.jpg

    Really? So killers get the short end of the stick because "well, regulations" meanwhile survivors get, Adrenaline, Hope, etc and all these other perks that work at endgame very well, such as DS

    But killers can't get Rancor? How exactly was there enough time to make sure these perks worked but not rancor? How difficult would it be to just code in a new condition for Rancor, surely not more than a day's work at best?

    I don't see how it's the short end of the stick.

    For one Rancor only works on the obsession so a dead perk if they are not.

    Second the egc is more in favour of killers at that point with being able to move faster. Do you think an aura reading perk is needed if they were the obsession? I mean DS you can slug for one min.

  • I consider Rancor more of a Support Perk, a Perk to enhance the Killer's Power or other Perks.

    Rancor is rather weak on it's own but combined with an Obsession Perk such as Dying Light or STBFL, it will helps the other Perk in application and enhance play-style oriented around it.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Rancor is really a pointless perk to run for the endgame effect. Noed applies to all survivors.


    Nah, it's pretty good when you blink inside the exit gates to find the bright green Claudette tbagging, only to smack her down in one hit and strangle her on the spot.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025292#Comment_1025292

    I don't think anyone is passionately against changing them, it's just fairly low priority since it wouldn't make a difference in the vast majority of matches and would take time away from other more pressing issues.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025287#Comment_1025287

    You got me, the jig is up. We all sat around the table and thought making Rancor work differently from other killer and survivor perks was the best way to intentionally chase killer players away from the game. That's definitely a way more logical explanation.

    I love when you get snarky.

    @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025277#Comment_1025277

    Rancor was limited so it wouldnt give away the last person's position. After you close the hatch, the last person still has a chance to open a gate. If rancor gave that persons position away like it does when the last gen pops... they wouldnt have a chance.

    I hadn't thought about the aura part. That actually makes it working the way it does make even more sense.

  • @BlueFang said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025277#Comment_1025277

    https://i.redd.it/d5thibz82kt31.jpg

    Really? So killers get the short end of the stick because "well, regulations" meanwhile survivors get, Adrenaline, Hope, etc and all these other perks that work at endgame very well, such as DS

    But killers can't get Rancor? How exactly was there enough time to make sure these perks worked but not rancor? How difficult would it be to just code in a new condition for Rancor, surely not more than a day's work at best?

    peanits just stated that nobody is really against changing it

  • @T2K said:

    Yeah I wonder too. Actually I was suprised the first time I used rancor and couldnt mori after I closed the hatch. Imo if the devs aim for consistency they should make it work or make adrenaline not work with hatch closing.

    It is consistent. Read it carefully. One says generators complete. One says doors powered.

    Hatch only does one of those.

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025263#Comment_1025263

    It is consistent. Read it carefully. One says generators complete. One says doors powered.

    Hatch only does one of those.

    he means consistent with other perks like adrenaline and noed .

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025292#Comment_1025292

    I don't think anyone is passionately against changing them, it's just fairly low priority since it wouldn't make a difference in the vast majority of matches and would take time away from other more pressing issues.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025287#Comment_1025287

    You got me, the jig is up. We all sat around the table and thought making Rancor work differently from other killer and survivor perks was the best way to intentionally chase killer players away from the game. That's definitely a way more logical explanation.

    See: Hex Ruin logic.

    Stated reason: overuse in 80% of games with no skill.

    -why not look into why it was used.

    -what about other perks that take no skill.


    Posted, quoted reason in changes: We found it too frustrating and unfun for newer survivors.


    So I can see how people may not exactly trust when you guys say "oh were TOTALLY not biased" in any flippant, sarcastic, or disregarding manner. It definitely looked like ways to chase old players away while retaining newer ones.


    Btw, I play both sides.

  • @underlord99 said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1028511#Comment_1028511

    he means consistent with other perks like adrenaline and noed .

    And someone else stated why it is consistent. If Rancor goes off with the hatch closing, the ONLY other person in game has their aura revealed. That's too much. The others dont give you that much of an overwhelming advantage.

  • It really doesnt matter, almost always if you see the last survivor with the hatch closed he is pretty much done for, either you hit him twice or you chase him enough time for the Entity to finish the job.

    The only reason I see for it to work is if you want to mori the guy for a daily challenge.

  • @Peanits said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025292#Comment_1025292

    I don't think anyone is passionately against changing them, it's just fairly low priority since it wouldn't make a difference in the vast majority of matches and would take time away from other more pressing issues.

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025287#Comment_1025287

    You got me, the jig is up. We all sat around the table and thought making Rancor work differently from other killer and survivor perks was the best way to intentionally chase killer players away from the game. That's definitely a way more logical explanation.

    I mean that's literally how you handled Ruin so it's not that farfetched..

  • @Carpemortum said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025295#Comment_1025295

    See: Hex Ruin logic.

    Stated reason: overuse in 80% of games with no skill.

    -why not look into why it was used.

    -what about other perks that take no skill.

    Posted, quoted reason in changes: We found it too frustrating and unfun for newer survivors.

    So I can see how people may not exactly trust when you guys say "oh were TOTALLY not biased" in any flippant, sarcastic, or disregarding manner. It definitely looked like ways to chase old players away while retaining newer ones.

    Btw, I play both sides.

    It's unbelievably frustrating how they still haven't addressed these question despite having been asked countless times since the nerf. It shows they know they're being biased and have no real good excuse but don't care. They will never respond sadly.

  • @PapiQuentin_ said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/123257/i-dont-understand-why-adrenalin-works-with-the-hatch-closing-but-not-rancor

    No they don't actually.

    Adrenaline requires the gate to be powered (gates get powered after 5th gen or hatch close)

    Rancor requires the FINAL gen to be completed, not the gates to be powered.

    It's confusing, I know

    Yeah, as stated in here, that is how it should work. I will try to go into more detail.

    With adrenaline, it is stated for when the exit gates are powered. Since the exit gates become powered, adrenaline activates.

    With Rancor, it is stated that the last gen must be finished. With closing the hatch, it skips the part about the generators being done, and goes directly to EGC. This is why, I believe, the perk doesn't work. Mainly just an oversight.

    I dont mind it personally, but I wouldn't mind it being changed either.

  • @Waffleyumboy said:

    Rancor is really a pointless perk to run for the endgame effect. Noed applies to all survivors.

    Rancor gives you a lot of information during the game, you probably forget about that. It is not only the endgame effect. Btw the endgame effect also allows you to combo this perk with STBFL, Dying Light or PWYF, ignoring your obsession until endgame and still be able to easily kill her

  • @Deadeye said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025260#Comment_1025260

    Rancor gives you a lot of information during the game, you probably forget about that. It is not only the endgame effect. Btw the endgame effect also allows you to combo this perk with STBFL, Dying Light or PWYF, ignoring your obsession until endgame and still be able to easily kill her

    Yes I mentioned that

  • @LordGlint said:

    https://forum.deadbydaylight.com/en/discussion/comment/1025277#Comment_1025277

    Rancor was limited so it wouldnt give away the last person's position. After you close the hatch, the last person still has a chance to open a gate. If rancor gave that persons position away like it does when the last gen pops... they wouldnt have a chance.

    I would say that this is a valid reason to actually make Rancor work like Adrenaline/NOED. It's an underwhelming perk on itself, if you can gain a very little advantage in a very peculiar scenario then I would say: go for it.

    Plus you can just hide in a locker while waiting for the hatch to be closed anyway :P.

  • On my clown I use both sometimes. It’ll tell me where people were so I can toss the tonics. At the end I make sure the obsession is always alive so I get to down everyone, AND kill the obsession immediately. It’s more of a fail safe if they destroy NOED. I Hook someone in the basement in the end. If the obsession gets bold and tries to save them I’ll kill them immediately. If all else fails it forces the obsession to leave their friends because they don’t want to get “Rancored”.